• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
That didn't take long. :p

If I may ask, how come?
Well, the plot (or what it is about) doesn't interest me enough to warrant a watch or pay 100 pesos. Then, the visuals are kinda messed. In the beggining you get this cool well made visuals, and when the dinosaurs of the actual movie come to show they look so out of place and distracting that it is comical. Inside Out looks way better. Maybe the visual stuff is due to mess in development.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I guess it has to do with giving proper credit to those who deserve it. Does every "creepy" styled stop motion have to be credited to Tim Burton for example? Laika Studios is such an underrated studio and needs the credit they deserve.

Also people like putting things into the correct category. We like organization that way. Monkeys vs apes, anyone? Now I am off to play the Nintendo game, Sly Cooper in my Game Boy DS, bye, :)
People calling great apes monkeys drives me bananas.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Watching the trailer for the Good Dinosaur left me very unimpressed. They could've at least show who the characters are and what the movie is about. Sure it's just a teaser trailer, but still, at least show more of what people are gonna see when it's out. :/

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I was more excited by the sole fact that the film exists but the complaints regarding its initial presentation are legitamite.
Watching the trailer for the Good Dinosaur left me very unimpressed. They could've at least show who the characters are and what the movie is about. Sure it's just a teaser trailer, but still, at least show more of what people are gonna see when it's out. :/
I mean, Arlo is visible in the waterfall and the canyon. And with regards to the purpose of the teaser, it's only suppose to (for lack of better term) "hype up" the film's reveal. Like the Toy Story 3, Wall*E, and The Incredibles teasers, they didn't reveal the premise of their respective films. Criticizing it on that point alone is setting yourself up for disappointment.
Really doubting it will be worth 100 pesos. They are going to spam it on Disney Channel once it is 1 year old anyways.
That is, if it reaches Frozen and Cars popularity. :p

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I was more excited by the sole fact that the film exists but the complaints regarding its initial presentation are legitamite.

I mean, Arlo is visible in the waterfall and the canyon. And with regards to the purpose of the teaser, it's only suppose to (for lack of better term) "hype up" the film's reveal. Like the Toy Story 3, Wall*E, and The Incredibles teasers, they didn't reveal the premise of their respective films. Criticizing it on that point alone is setting yourself up for disappointment.

That is, if it reaches Frozen and Cars popularity. :p
Good point. But speaking of spammed Pixar/Disney movies; Toy Story. The spam of that movie is so big it puts :4tlink::4duckhunt::4link::4samus: to shame.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace

True. I guess I was expecting a little too much from it. I'm sure the next trailer for the movie will leave a better impression on me.

I'm also glad there was actually a trailer for the movie. I was expecting them to not try to hype the movie up and leave people wondering if it still exists or not.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
*clears throat*
THE GOOD DINOSAUR TEASER TRAILER RELEASED!
http://www.pixarpost.com/2015/06/the-good-dinosaur-first-teaser.html
It's about time. I've been waiting for a trailer since forever.

Very little is known about the movie so there isn't much we can say about it. For one, they had to delay the movie further because of an incident. And let's not forget the talent Pixar has. There really isn't much to say from a teaser obviously, but I'm sure more information regarding the story will come out in the future. I'm just glad that the movie was still in development. For a while I thought the idea was scrapped.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Good point. But speaking of spammed Pixar/Disney movies; Toy Story. The spam of that movie is so big it puts :4tlink::4duckhunt::4link::4samus: to shame.
Can we trade places for a day?
But that's marketing for you. If something is a hit, it will prompt the company to shove it in your face (e.g.

Speaking of marketing, the Inside Out train doesn't stop pumping out TV spots and adverstisments:

In addition, Disney Consumer Products has announced some of the many Inside Out merchandise that will be releasing later this month. Which will hurt my wallet.
https://www.disneyconsumerproducts....n=0&ccPK=dcp_home_pressroom_press_room_all_US

And I have two questions to the Disney frequents of this dear magical thread.
  1. Are any of you going to see an early screening of Inside Out? I won't be able to since the tickets are expensive for me to see with my family and I'm busy the week the early screenings are shown.
  2. Should I make a similar thread on the sister site, SquidBoards? Even though I rarely frequent the place, it is largely up to you guys.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
  1. Are any of you going to see an early screening of Inside Out? I won't be able to since the tickets are expensive for me to see with my family and I'm busy the week the early screenings are shown.

If Thursday night showing before the official Friday date counts then most likely I will go then. The theater then was practically empty when I did that for Big Hero 6 with only like two other people besides me, my husband and my sister and it was like having a private experience. Less chance of annoying children.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Sounds awesome, it allows you to get emotional (pun slightly intended) during the film without worrying about a toddler kicking the back of your seat.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Sounds awesome, it allows you to get emotional (pun slightly intended) during the film without worrying about a toddler kicking the back of your seat.
I had a drink spilled on me by a child in the next seat doing the showing for Wreck-it Ralph.

Then again, I find it is normally the children who behave. I had annoying teens before during Ice Age 2. I am more of an animation fan so I really do not watch many live action movies in theaters as I am okay with waiting for them to hit DVD/Blu-Ray while with animation I feel I must see them right away and support the movie crew by giving to the box office at opening weekend so I not sure how an audience for a live action movie viewing would go in comparison.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Are you serious?! What will they do? They cutted off the hair!
And now you understand why I'm worried.
Can we trade places for a day?
But that's marketing for you. If something is a hit, it will prompt the company to shove it in your face (e.g.

Speaking of marketing, the Inside Out train doesn't stop pumping out TV spots and adverstisments:

In addition, Disney Consumer Products has announced some of the many Inside Out merchandise that will be releasing later this month. Which will hurt my wallet.
https://www.disneyconsumerproducts....n=0&ccPK=dcp_home_pressroom_press_room_all_US

And I have two questions to the Disney frequents of this dear magical thread.
  2. Should I make a similar thread on the sister site, SquidBoards? Even though I rarely frequent the place, it is largely up to you guys.
I know I won't be able to, The town where I live has no cinema, so I have to go to the capital city every time there's a new movie.

I about SquidBoards 'till I get Splatoon, so it's not of my concern for now.

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
They go at it Cinderella 3 style and do a playful retcon for the uncut hair.

What I would give for a revival of House of Mouse. I love Disney crossovers but KH and Disney Infinity really do not scratch my itch for crossovers. I liked the interactions in that show and would love it remade again so the Disney Revival Era can take part of it. I secretly prefer Disney Revival to Disney Renaissance.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm not interested enough to see it at a first run theater.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Are you serious?! What will they do? They cutted off the hair!
Let me get this straight... You're disappointed because of hair?..

In that case, I don't blame you :p

Because Pixar is trash tier. :troll:

In all seriousness, it was rather boring. They had the right idea but execution seems...a little off.
I beg to differ.

In fact, I'm sure the whole world begs to differ.

Last edited:

Grass

Smash Lord
In fact, I'm sure the whole world begs to differ.
I'm not sure which statement you are referring to. If it was the first, it was a joke. If we're talking second statement, well that's your opinion. Frankly I think Pixar's running out of ideas.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure which statement you are referring to. If it was the first, it was a joke. If we're talking second statement, well that's your opinion. Frankly I think Pixar's running out of ideas.
I wasn't certain if sarcasm was intended in your trash tier "joke," so that's why I objected. I was only referring to that.

I respect your opinion, I personally think Pixar's plots are great. Inside Out has great critic reviews so far, so that's something to hype the mood (at least for me). In fact, quite factual, nobody can run out of ideas, that's just how our brain works. Pixar will probably make more movies as the millennium comes.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hah.

Early screenings.

Those are extremely rare over here.

Except for that one Age Of Extinction early screening(I think that's what it was, idk), those are rarer than Marth Amiibos over here.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Frankly I think Pixar's running out of ideas.
To be fair, everyone ran out of ideas a long time ago. It's what you do with them now. The idea of toys being secretly alive was there before Toy Story was a thing.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I have nothing else to contribute to the discussion other than the fact that it doesn't matter whether or not they are running out of ideas but rather what they do with them. That's why I'm not really bothered by sequels (Cars 2 & 3 notwithstanding :p)

A new Japanese Inside Out trailer was released but it has some segments that spoil the later parts of the film.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
just how much time have you spent in the social thread?
I don't even know, myself. :upsidedown:
He makes jokes,
He makes memes,
He loves Woody,
His favorite show is Buzz Lightyear of Star Command,
He likes :4wario:,
He fights evil monkey ninjas,
He plays smash bros,
:4falcon: is his smash wii u main,
and he also mains Luigi.
There's easily more stuff he does and likes too.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
So no major news regarding Disney Infinity 3.0 (till E3) or The Incredibles 2 (till D23).

I might be getting Disney Infinity 2.0, mostly so I can get the 2 other Avengers and Hulk, I already have Thor (only way 3.0 turns into a must-buy is if the original lightsaber unlock from 1.0 becomes unlocked via the 3 Star Wars playsets and without collecting all the 1.0 characters.)

And it seems the inflating bat enemy from the Inside Out playset may exactly be what the trailer shows, nothing more than just an obstacle to be rolled around on, still hope the other characters can ride on it, if it's 1 of the toybox unlocks (Vader would be funny doing that, then again Vader's done some weird stuff in some of the children books, heck in 1 story he falls asleep while reading a book.)

Last edited:

Grass

Smash Lord
Speaking of Disney movies, aren't they making another live action sports flick? blech. Never liked sports films.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Speaking of Disney movies, aren't they making another live action sports flick? blech. Never liked sports films.
Yea live-action sport films tend to bore me, still can't believe that Hollywood would make a fanfictional film focused on the Cleveland Browns staring Kevin Costner.

Also I might have found myself a Violet plushie while browsing on Amazon and it's around $5-6 (plus $4 in shipping), been looking for 1 for the longest time.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Have any of you guys ever heard of the Disney villain vs (war) fan videos?

They're a series of videos which has Disney villains battling against each other, Marvel villains (though technically they are Disney now), Non-Disney villains, and Anime villains (which includes a bunch of Nintendo characters). The videos require alot of editing to make and require you to read the video description in order to understand the story. The villains used can range from popular to obscure and main villain to minor villain. However the outcome of each battle is purely creators bias, so if you want to see a battle go another way or scream at the computer as to how __ beat __ is ********, you have to make your own. That being said, there needs to be a Disney Villains vs Nintendo Villains series. If enough people here get interested in it, I'll see about making a thread devoted to it, so as not to hinder the flow of the thread's original purpose.

If you're interested just like and reply to this post, oh and here's a sample of Disney villains vs anime villains,

Top Bottom