• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Not just Star Wars characters, Marvel/2.0 gang and the 1.0 gang are in it too, and it's more of a Sonic & Sega All-stars Racing rip-off moreso than Mario Kart (Sumo-Digital the 1s that was behind the driving mechanics in both Sonic All-Stars Racing games is doing the driving mechanics for 3.0).

Inb4 Violet gets to do tricks/random poses while driving like Sonic does in those games, hopefully they don't give them super attacks that's similar to the All-star moves from the 2 Sonic All-stars racing games, or otherwise people would complain that the 3.0 supers are too similar to the All-star moves (inb4 Violet's super move is just like Metal Sonic's electro barrier move from the 2nd game (Transformed).
Yeah, I'm aware that the Marvel gang and the Disney gang are racing too. However, I had no idea the racing was similar to S&S:As. I was never a fan of the game, because of the strange drift mechanics and by just being overall boring to me. So hearing this kinda stinks. Mario Kart has far better drifting mechanics and overall more enjoyable to play. Nonetheless, it's too soon to tell if this is just a carbon copy. S&S:As just seems to be kinda slow for a sonic game. Mario Kart has you turning a lot and seems to be relatively faster. Or maybe I'm just comparing it to Sonic All-stars Transformed...

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Yeah, I'm aware that the Marvel gang and the Disney gang are racing too. However, I had no idea the racing was similar to S&S:As. I was never a fan of the game, because of the strange drift mechanics and by just being overall boring to me. So hearing this kinda stinks. Mario Kart has far better drifting mechanics and overall more enjoyable to play. Nonetheless, it's too soon to tell if this is just a carbon copy. S&S:As just seems to be kinda slow for a sonic game. Mario Kart has you turning a lot and seems to be relatively faster. Or maybe I'm just comparing it to Sonic All-stars Transformed...
Yea, I'm more ascustomed to the Mario Kart drifting mechanics as well being the only racing game I play most of the time (I'm really good at drifting, depending on how the drift mechanics are), but I heard the Sonic/All-Star drifting wasn't too bad, I think it was the tricks that usually get people the most and it seems 3.0 is going to have the same possible mechanics, actually if I'm not mistaken 1.0 and 2.0 kind of had the same drifting mechanics as the 2 Sonic/All-stars Racing games.

I just hope they don't add in supers for all the racers, that would take too much work (not only would they have to do the 3.0 cast, they also have the 1.0 and 2.0 cast to work on as well).

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I haven't posted here in a long time. Time to fix that.

Actually, should we really be getting sequels from the Animated Canon? I mean, you know what happened last time

The Lion King and Lilo & Stitch are the only watchable ones.
Weren't Cinderella 3, Bambi 2, & Lady and the Tramp 2 considered to be decent sequels as well? I remember not liking both The Lion King 1 1/2 & Tarzan 2 all that well because I thought they were too kiddy.

It really irks me how Disney Channel barely has any Disney content. Just about the only Disney love I've seen that channel give is with the Mickey Mouse shorts, but that's no where nearly enough to satisfy me. These sitcoms have absolutely nothing to do with Disney, and instead that seems to be what they're milking. Sure, Disney Channel always had sitcoms, but they'd actually have Disney related shows like Ducktales, House of Mouse and that Winnie the Pooh series to go along with it. Today, ALL you see are tween sitcoms. I've always thought Disney Channel should feature shows based off of their many movies or franchises. Why not make a Mulan series (just an example)? Just about the only Disney Channel show I've liked so far is Gravity Falls, primarily because it's become part of Disney, these sitcoms haven't. But for some reason, they had thought it be a great idea to move all the good shows to XD so that you'd have to pay a monthly membership just to watch them. Tightwads...
Glad I don't bother with the Disney Channel anymore. I have Disney XD, but even this channel's pointless because I can watch Gravity Falls somewhere else.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I haven't posted here in a long time. Time to fix that.

Weren't Cinderella 3, Bambi 2, & Lady and the Tramp 2 considered to be decent sequels as well? I remember not liking both The Lion King 1 1/2 & Tarzan 2 all that well because I thought they were too kiddy.

Glad I don't bother with the Disney Channel anymore. I have Disney XD, but even this channel's pointless because I can watch Gravity Falls somewhere else.
Welcome back, give yourself some time to catch up on what you missed.

Lion King 1/2 was only decent because the person who did the voice of Marge Simpson was in the movie (playing Timon's mom), plus none of the sequels (including 1/2) were any good.

Disney XD was the reason Disney Channel sucks today, because XD stole all the good shows Disney Channel should be airing instead of taking them for themselves so they can get even more money from the consumer, I hope Disney XD dies so Channel can get back on track, I want to be able to watch the good shows without having to spend even more money getting a channel I don't want.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Lion King 1/2 was only decent because the person who did the voice of Marge Simpson was in the movie (playing Timon's mom), plus none of the sequels (including 1/2) were any good.

Disney XD was the reason Disney Channel sucks today, because XD stole all the good shows Disney Channel should be airing instead of taking them for themselves so they can get even more money from the consumer, I hope Disney XD dies so Channel can get back on track, I want to be able to watch the good shows without having to spend even more money getting a channel I don't want.
There were some sequels I find okay, but I still don't think they're any good. I only watch The Lion King 2 because not only am I a TLK fan, but I did find the movie to be decent sometimes. I couldn't stomach 1 1/2 because like I said before, it was way too kiddy for me.

I do agree that Disney XD needs to be rid of completely. Disney Channel sure could use some more cartoons instead of just the Mickey Mouse shorts. It needs to go back to the glory days badly.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
If you guys want Disney XD gone, at least ask for a revival of Toon Disney. :laugh:

With Phineas & Ferb ending and the unreliable release of Gravity Falls episodes, Disney Channel really has nothing going for it. The Mickey Mouse shorts aren't enough to hold the channel, Girl Meets World falls under the same Disney Channel sitcom formula with some BMW added into the mix, and the the rest of the sitcoms are garbage.

I don't know about you guys but the DCOM films from the late '90s up to the early '00s are a guilty pleasure.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
There were some sequels I find okay, but I still don't think they're any good. I only watch The Lion King 2 because not only am I a TLK fan, but I did find the movie to be decent sometimes. I couldn't stomach 1 1/2 because like I said before, it was way too kiddy for me.

I do agree that Disney XD needs to be rid of completely. Disney Channel sure could use some more cartoons instead of just the Mickey Mouse shorts. It needs to go back to the glory days badly.
I agree, I just hope if they do go back to their glory days (why does it feel like something out of the Incredibles script), I hope they can start brining back some cartoons we truly missed the most (Darkwing Duck's been begging for a comeback, now that Ducktales is returning in 2 years).

As much as I want a TV series verison of the Incredibles but knowing Disney, they'll turn it into a comedy (ala Teen Titans Go), I hope they do a short TV series that takes place during the 3 month gap (I really want to know where they're staying at now, after their house got destroyed, maybe have Violet and Dash as the heroes of the TV series (after all who wouldn't), while their parents are the heroes of the films), leading up to the battle with the Underminer.

Speaking of the Lion King series, you hear the news that the series is getting a true 3rd installment (in the form of the Lion Gaurd), and everyone we loved are back, kinda angers me that Keon (or whatever his name is) is Simba's 2nd son, he should have been Kirara's son instead, because now Keon is the true heir of priderock, rather than his now older sister.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Pixar isn't interested in making TV series of their IPs after Lasseter's distaste with Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. There is a mock-parody of a '60s TV show for Mr. Incredible in The Incredibles special features.

With Incredibles 2 on the horizon, having Marvel produce a short comic taking place in between the two films would be nice fanservice to hold fans over.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Pixar isn't interested in making TV series of their IPs after Lasseter's distaste with Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. There is a mock-parody of a '60s TV show for Mr. Incredible in The Incredibles special features.

With Incredibles 2 on the horizon, having Marvel produce a short comic taking place in between the two films would be nice fanservice to hold fans over.
Wasn't Marvel supposed to finish up the now non-canon version of the 1st film's comic counterpart that Boom studios never finished? (It's a shame because I was soo hoping for Violet to rise up from the shadows to lead her family back to glory, after what Xever did to them by framing them with the Underminer's help, according to Marvel back in 2011, they were planning to finish the series with Violet as the main hero at the end).

I hope they do a comic series that takes place between the 3 month gap in the 1st film (which can explain some rather minor stuff, like Jack-Jack's goo power and them finding a new house, while solving crimes in-between).

I felt bad for Frozone in that parody, they turned him into a white guy.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Meh, at least here in Latin America I consider Disney XD to be more decent than Disney Channel.

Why? Well, here besides Gravity Falls every other cartoon Disney produces airs only in or along XD. Meanwhile Disney Channel is still almost only sitcoms and have an original novel called Violetta which is annoying but they heavily promote it anyway.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Meanwhile Disney Channel is still almost only sitcoms and have an original novel called Violetta which is annoying but they heavily promote it anyway.
Even more annoying is people requesting Violetta for a playable figure in Disney Infinity (there are plenty of people (most likely the Latin side) all want her playable, and I think that's the miniority).

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Even more annoying is people requesting Violetta for a playable figure in Disney Infinity (there are plenty of people (most likely the Latin side) all want her playable, and I think that's the miniority).
*Reads this, takes glasses off, cleans them and rubs eyes, then reads it again* ...

The fact this exists.jpg

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
If you guys want Disney XD gone, at least ask for a revival of Toon Disney. :laugh:

With Phineas & Ferb ending and the unreliable release of Gravity Falls episodes, Disney Channel really has nothing going for it. The Mickey Mouse shorts aren't enough to hold the channel, Girl Meets World falls under the same Disney Channel sitcom formula with some BMW added into the mix, and the the rest of the sitcoms are garbage.

I don't know about you guys but the DCOM films from the late '90s up to the early '00s are a guilty pleasure.
That's asking too much sadly. It seems like Disney wants to abandon cartoons now despite being all about animation to begin with. How they've been handling Gravity Falls is pretty bad unless it's actually the creator's fault. Disney Channel should just go away now. There's no hope for the channel.

Speaking of the Lion King series, you hear the news that the series is getting a true 3rd installment (in the form of the Lion Gaurd), and everyone we loved are back, kinda angers me that Keon (or whatever his name is) is Simba's 2nd son, he should have been Kirara's son instead, because now Keon is the true heir of priderock, rather than his now older sister.
I have, but I'm not too sure how it'll turn up. I'm hoping it'll be decent, but since it's gonna be airing on Disney Junior, I'm not gonna expect good family entertainment.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
^ It's kind of old news if you've been following Toy Story 4 news. Most of these sites are doing what we all are:
Speculating.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
That's asking too much sadly. It seems like Disney wants to abandon cartoons now despite being all about animation to begin with. How they've been handling Gravity Falls is pretty bad unless it's actually the creator's fault. Disney Channel should just go away now. There's no hope for the channel.

I have, but I'm not too sure how it'll turn up. I'm hoping it'll be decent, but since it's gonna be airing on Disney Junior, I'm not gonna expect good family entertainment.
Disney Junior, huh? Ugh... There's nothing wrong with it, but why must Disney Junior make all the cartoons while Disney Channel continues to milk their mass amount of poorly humorous sitcoms? Disney Junior gives more love to Mickey Mouse in comparison to Disney Channel. The Mickey Mouse shorts are great and all, but they should be investing their time in making more Disney related television cartoons instead of making two minute shorts. Why must Disney Junior give the most Disney love? Sophia the First and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are just about the only Disney shows that at least star the famous group of Disney's Princesses and the highly favored Mickey Mouse gang, both largely popular characters amongst Disney and non-Disney fans. What does Disney Channel do on the other hand? Make two minute shorts of them to display between commercial breaks. See what I mean? It's quite sad seeing Disney Channel milking all of the profit out of their sitcoms when they're doing so poorly. You'd think they'd take a HINT. Disney Channel technically is the mother of Disney Junior and Disney XD, so we really should be expecting more from them; I agree with an above post: I think Toon Disney should at least be resurrected. It would be nice to see some old cartoon reruns as well as seeing new Disney related cartoons being made. Or, better yet, just replace Disney Channel with Toon Disney. I'm sure the channel would do FAR, FAR better than it is doing now.

I hate the modern Disney Channel sitcoms. They aim to humor the audience with cheesy, rude humored jokes featuring poor actors/actresses that do nothing but cause audiences to cringe, facepalm or even embarrass. It's amazing how they still dedicate their time making them when very few of them receive higher than 3 or 2 stars in online reviews. I just hope the channel dies (even though I strongly believe it did a long time ago) so that they could actually listen to their audiences pleads and make a BETTER Disney Channel. We need those classics like Ducktales, Darkwing McDuck or even the Lilo and Stitch cartoons. Those were the days... I remember watching House of Mouse every morning with my mom... Comparing old Disney Channel to modern Disney Channel is like comparing a delightful, grassy field to a dump.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Welp, as much as ****** Disney Channel is today, I can be happy knowing one thing:

They're still better than Nickelodeon.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Less than a month away from Inside Out! Reviews are starting to pop up and they are all positive. Docter must have knocked this one out of the park. I can't wait to see it in theaters. Two clips were released along with some stills from the film:
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-inside-out-clips-75454/

If you ever feel like spoiling the movie for yourself, just read the Junior Novelizations of the Pixar films. I'm kind of tempted to take a peek. :laugh:

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Hey, at least we're getting Lion Guard....on Disney Junior, but still!

Though I still don't have much faith in that series; I don't recall magic glowy lion pawprints ever being in any of the other Lion King movies. :p

As long as there's more fleshing out of the world, I suppose I'll be able to stomach it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Disney XD is thankfully still tolerable in Latin America. If I need something else to watch when I'm out of town and there's a TV, I always switch to that.

I sincerely hope that Gravity Falls isn't cancelled at this point. With the stigma of good shows being cancelled these days, who knows what could fall next.

And hey, at least Disney Channel ain't Nickelodeon.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Figured I'd mention it here since I've been excited for days over it, haha.

I am SO HAPPY AND EXCITED that they're bringing the Hatbox Ghost back to the Haunted Mansion. Hattie's finally home after 46 years. :')

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman

I am SO HAPPY AND EXCITED that they're bringing the Hatbox Ghost back to the Haunted Mansion. Hattie's finally home after 46 years. :')
It's about time my worst nightmares came true, lol :laugh:. I would be lying if I told you he didn't creep me out, but I'm glad he receiving a resurrection!

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I don't mind, I quickly accepted Indi and the Star Wars gang as past of the Disney family.
I'm slowly adjusting to them being under the Disney Banner, having the Star Wars gang in Disney Infinity 3.0 is a start, and I plan on getting all of the Force wielders (along with maybe Han and Chewie, since my mom is a huge fan of them.)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Looks like some The Good Dinosaur concept art is surfacing with interesting designs.
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-the-good-dinosaur-character-key-art-75456/
I think it's safe to say that Rex will make a cameo appearance, marking his third cameo across Pixar films.

In addition, Tokyo Disney Resort is getting a ride based on Finding Dory in 2017 (also known as the year of Toy Story 4 :laugh:).
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney...o-disneysea-2017-stormrider-close-2016-75457/
Welp, I'm not surprised at such anticipation.

Is it bad I don't like the design of the green one?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm still waiting for the Parks to introduce an Admiral Snackbar.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

THEY BROUGHT HIM BACK?!

I NEED TO SEE THIS SO BADLY

I hope they'll keep him around for the Nightmare Before Christmas Revamp they do for the Manor from September to early January.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just realized it took until Disney Infinity 3.0 to add Mickey Mouse didn't it? Which is really strange, he should be the default character honestly.

If I'm mistaken on that, then my bad.

I'm not even into Disney Infinity, I just found that weird.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I just realized it took until Disney Infinity 3.0 to add Mickey Mouse didn't it? Which is really strange, he should be the default character honestly.

If I'm mistaken on that, then my bad.

I'm not even into Disney Infinity, I just found that weird.
Actually...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, sorcerer Mickey was added in 1.0. Classic Mickey is the new character.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
And still no Goofy figure... or Peter Pan... or Alice... or Quasimodo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I still want that Darkwing Duck figurine.

Supposedly he was "almost in" initially.

WELL GET HIM IN WHAT THE HELL IS STOPPING YOU.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
WELL GET HIM IN WHAT THE HELL IS STOPPING YOU.
Most likely marketing and brand recognition. Maybe the marketing execs think he's too obscure for today's audience, despite the development team (notably John Vignocchi) loving him.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Most likely marketing and brand recognition. Maybe the marketing execs think he's too obscure for today's audience, despite the development team (notably John Vignocchi) loving him.
That's honestly rather silly.

Nostalgia is a driving factor for many people to buy things. I'll bet you many adults who played the NES Darkwing Duck and/or enjoyed the show would buy something like Disney Infinity or even Kingdom Hearts 3 with his presence alone.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's honestly rather silly.

Nostalgia is a driving factor for many people to buy things. I'll bet you many adults who played the NES Darkwing Duck and/or enjoyed the show would buy something like Disney Infinity or even Kingdom Hearts 3 with his presence alone.
Never said I agreed with it. I'm just trying to think like a marketing executive. :laugh:

Another thing to remember is that Disney Infinity doesn't seem to be playing all of its big cards at once. Yes, there are glaring omissions in the forms of the Beast, Goofy, Pooh, Peter Pan, Baloo, Alice, and the like, but if they put out all their big guns at once there'd be less hype for the next version.

Honestly, 4.0 should be when we start seeing a lot of the remaining big IPs, since Pixar (1.0 was basically Pixar Infinity with 15/29 figures being from Pixar films), Marvel, and Star Wars will have had their introductory games already. We'd see a more general balance after that, I'd think.

Top Bottom