• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I've heard of it but it didn't strike me as too interesting.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I've heard of it but it didn't strike me as too interesting.
Yeah, though the work that goes into making them is something to admire, I'd actually love to make one, but currently lack the necessary resources to do it, good editing software. I actually do have some good ideas for some battles, that would make sense and not look too out of place when merged with certain clips.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
If there was a more dedicated team, they could rework the series into something similar to Death Battle except with Disney Villains fighting villains in other media.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
If there was a more dedicated team, they could rework the series into something similar to Death Battle except with Disney Villains fighting villains in other media.
Though I actually don't think there's been to many original Disney characters, except for Goliath in Screwattack's death battle, the only Disney characters that are frequently featured are either Marvel or Star Wars.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Ironically, the Death Battle Between Goliath and Beast can be considered Disney vs. Disney.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Ironically, the Death Battle Between Goliath and Beast can be considered Disney vs. Disney.
Yeah, though one issue I could see of making the Disney Villain vs Nintendo Villains into a more Death battle like format, is getting the right sprites for each character. As shown in this death battle the only Goliath sprite they had was from the genesis game. Some characters have full fledged 3D models already and good sprites, but others aren't so lucky. Though what I would do to start is probably on paper go over the battle and decide who would win the fight based on the character's skills, plus there's also a story aspect and not every battle results with one of the characters dieing. Sometimes they escape or just get wounded so that they can be featured in another battle. Though I would probably try and do a hybrid of the formula. For example lets say the battle is Bowser vs Scar, Bowser has the advantage, being his scaly body and spiny shell, as well as his durability. Scar doesn't have those things and is left more vulnerable, not to mention his hyenas wouldn't fair so well against Bowser's fire. Thus Bowser is able to overpower him and throw him into a pit of fire and lava, that he created. Not to mention Kamek could always make him bigger. The easy way would just be to edit clips as that requires much less time and resources compared to building the fight from the ground up in gmod. Of course to make the fight more interesting I would try and add character dialogue (if possible) by using existing voice clips and pick music fitting to the battle, ex. character theme, but for now I'll just keep it on paper until I get the resources and time to do it, which will probably be a while.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I went browsing on Spriters Resource and a few characters that have extensive sprite sheets available are:
  • Woody
  • Buzz (technically, it's a boss sprite)
  • Aladdin
  • Mike
  • Sulley
  • Simba
  • Mickey
  • Scrooge McDuck
  • Darkwing Duck
Granted, the animations for combat will be limited as a result of the respective games but 3D models work in favor of the Disney characters. The issue arises from ripping the model from games like Kingdom Hearts. If you're willing to move forward with the project, I'm doing a bit of sprite ripping myself. I would be fine with acquiring frames you need.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I went browsing on Spriters Resource and a few characters that have extensive sprite sheets available are:
  • Woody
  • Aladdin
  • Mike
  • Sulley
  • Simba
  • Mickey
  • Scrooge McDuck
  • Darkwing Duck
Granted, the animations for combat will be limited as a result of the respective games but 3D models work in favor of the Disney characters. The issue arises from ripping the model from games like Kingdom Hearts. If you're willing to move forward with the project, I'm doing a bit of sprite ripping myself. I would be fine with acquiring frames you need.
What about 3D models from Disney games other than Kingdom hearts? Pretty sure there were a few 3d Disney video games that weren't Kingdom Hearts, I'm mainly looking for the villains, though I just hope their 3D models are good, I've seen a few ugly 3D Disney villain models.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

• Woody
  • Aladdin
  • Mike
  • Sulley
  • Simba
  • Mickey
  • Scrooge McDuck
  • Darkwing Duck
What about the Incredibles didn't they had sprites as well (they had a few video games on the GBA to promote the movie, so there's bound to be a few good 1s), I'm hoping they do a battle royale with them to see which member is truly Incredible, rather than having them get murdered by the FF4 (who is their most popular request for their oppenents), according to Ben Singer (aka Wiz) they have Elsa and Stitch planned for future episodes (a random 8 year old girl asked him on his Ask.fm page if he was ever gonna use those 2 at some point).

Speaking of the Incredibles, I ordered my Violet plushie she'll be here between June 12 (which is the same day my brown deck box arrives) and June 17, let's just say I'm having a good month so far along with the fact I'll be getting the Lucas DLC soon (still have about $4 in eshop money leftover from the Mewtwo purchase and the Shadow the Hedgehog theme purchase).

I'm still trying to guess who Vader is facing in the upcoming Death Battle (hoping it's not Dr. Doom or Sauron both of them would smash Vader into kingdom come, I hope Vader faces Voldemort).

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The Zootopia designs look pretty good. It will be interesting to see both characters interact in the film when its released. I speculate that attendees at D23 might have an early look at some more concept art.

Big news for the Toy Story Legacy Collection! The official date is July 10th, 2015 and comes with every musical piece that appeared in the original film. The cover art for the album is below:

Disc One

1. Opening Instrumental
2. You’ve Got a Friend in Me Randy Newman
3. Andy’s Birthday Is Today Instrumental
4. They’re Alive! Instrumental
5. “Staff Meeting Everybody!” Instrumental
6. “You Too, Bo Peep” Instrumental
7. Andy’s Birthday Party Instrumental
8. Code Red Instrumental
9. A Good Soldier Never Leaves a Man Behind Instrumental
10. Presents: Who Invited That Kid? Instrumental
11. Surprise Present Instrumental
12. “What Are You Doing Under the Bed?” Instrumental
13. Buzz Revealed Instrumental
14. Buzz Flies Instrumental
15. Strange Things Randy Newman
16. Woody/Bo Peep Instrumental
17. Sid Instrumental
18. Virtual Realty Instrumental
19. Woody Plots Instrumental
20. Rube Globeburg Instrumental
21. “Woody Did It!” Instrumental
22. Rescue Attempt Instrumental
23. “Buzz, You’re Alive!” Instrumental
24. Buzz and Woody Fight Instrumental
24. Buzz’s Mission Instrumental
26. “It’s a Spaceship, Buzz” Instrumental
27. Pizza Planet Rock Instrumental
28. “What? Hello? A Space Port!” Instrumental
29. The Claw Instrumental
30. Dr. Sid Instrumental
31. Mutant Toys Instrumental
32. Woody’s Gone Instrumental
33. “Sorry Guys, Dinner’s Canceled” Instrumental
34. Scud Instrumental
35. Buzz Lightyear Commercial Instrumental
36. I Will Go Sailing No More Randy Newman
37. Out the Window Instrumental
38. Sid’s Toys Fix Buzz Instrumental
39. The Big One Instrumental
40. Sad Andy Instrumental
41. “Buzz, I Need Your Help” Instrumental
42. Working Together (Leads to Failure) Instrumental
43. The Rescue Pt. 1 Instrumental
44. Sid Counts Down Instrumental
45. The Rescue Pt. 2: Play Nice, Sid Instrumental
46. Chasing the Van Instrumental
47. RC to the Rescue Instrumental
48. To Infinity and Beyond Instrumental
49. Together Again and a Very Merry Christmas Instrumental
50. You’ve Got a Friend in Me Lyle Lovett and Randy Newman
51. End Credits Instrumental

Disc Two

1. Strange Things Piano/Vocal Demo
2. Plastic Spaceman Piano/Vocal Demo
3. I Will Go Sailing No More Piano/Vocal Demo
4. The Fool Piano/Vocal/Background Vocal Demo
5. You've Got a Friend in Me Instrumental Version
6. Strange Things Instrumental Version
7. I Will Go Sailing No More Instrumental Version
8. Thanking the Orchestra Spoken

In addition to the CD, there are some cute plushies of some Toy Story characters being released in Japan.

For fans of Disney's release of Dreamwork's adaption of Ghost in the Shell, you might want to know that it is a live-action adaptation starring Scarlet Johansson. I'm wary but curious.
http://deadline.com/2015/04/disney-moves-ghost-in-the-shell-to-march-31-2017-1201418351/
What about the Incredibles didn't they had sprites as well (they had a few video games on the GBA to promote the movie, so there's bound to be a few good 1s), I'm hoping they do a battle royale with them to see which member is truly Incredible, rather than having them get murdered by the FF4 (who is their most popular request for their oppenents), according to Ben Singer (aka Wiz) they have Elsa and Stitch planned for future episodes (a random 8 year old girl asked him on his Ask.fm page if he was ever gonna use those 2 at some point).
There are The Incredibles sprites on the GBA section of the Spriters Resource. I was to tired and lazy to check.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Concept Art for Zootopia

That fox design looks familiar but I cannot remember where else that similar design may have been used.

(Edit: Probably Fantastic Mr. Fox is what this fox is reminding me of)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/06/09/zootopia-exclusive-sneak-peek/28709913/

The rabbit is supposed to be female. It's nice to have female animal designs that does not have be necessarily similar to a female human in build.

In before that female rabbit (Officer Hops) gets the same treatment all the other Disney female leads gets in fanart.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

In before that female rabbit (Officer Hops) gets the same treatment all the other Disney female leads gets in fanart.
That happens with everything, really. There is no way for any character to avoid fanart, whether good or bad.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Wait, that colaboration between Disney and DreamWorks is a Ghost in the Shell adaptation?

Welp, I never watched that series or read the manga anyways.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
I'm just hoping for another male/female platonic relationship. Rich Moore is directing this who did a platonic male/female relationship in WiR so hoping for that again. I barely care about shipping in fiction (there are exceptions I have) so romance in fiction really does not do it for me.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Well we have the home page news for that now don't we? :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
s.PNG

*record scratch*

Granted this is bound to drop once it officially hits theaters(just like those two guys who gave Toy Story 3 a thumbs down and dropped it to 99%) but hot damn.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Do you guys think a Big Hero 6 sequel is going to happen?
Yes, Honey Lemon's VA talked about it as did the man himself Stan Lee has somewhat demaned it, it's probably going to take as long in developement as the 2nd Incredibles is going to take, maybe even half that if we're lucky, depending on how quickly Disney/Marvel gets their films out, I expect a 2020/21 release at the earliest (by then the Frozen, Tangled and Lion King hype will have died down a bit).

Odd that the Incredibles 2 is releasing on the tail end of that, but it's going to have to face the Avengers at the box office (and maybe the Justice League, since both parts are releasing in 2019, the same year the 2nd Incredibles hits theaters, the Parr family has some mighty competition.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
On another note, is Tomorrowland worth a watch?

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
It's a convoluted mess of storytelling.

Think of it as a more watchable Cars 2.
Wow, Tommorland a bomb at the box office (knew they shouldn't have casted George Clooney, it's the only reason that film bombed harder than Bomb-Voyage making an escape), Brad Bird never makes duds, this has me really worried for the Incredibles 2.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace

Wow, Tommorland a bomb at the box office (knew they shouldn't have casted George Clooney, it's the only reason that film bombed harder than Bomb-Voyage making an escape), Brad Bird never makes duds, this has me really worried for the Incredibles 2.
Brad Bird must've felt pretty bad for making his first dud. I agree with you that I hope this doesn't have any effect on the Incredibles sequel. :/

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh wow...

So apparently Tomorrowland has beaten out The Lone Ranger and John Carter as Disney's biggest box-office bomb...ouch.

...Guess they're not gonna model the land at the Parks after the movie now, right? :p Haha

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Disney's Tumblr released gifs of Zootopia. Shows the background characters that will be in the movie.

http://disneyanimation.tumblr.com/post/121277565290/like-nothing-youve-seen-be-fur-zootopia

Oh yeah it also leads to the teaser trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9lmhBYB11U&feature=youtu.be

Since the premise of the movie is that humans never existed, it would be cool to keep it to the logical point that there will be no characters based on domesticated animals, only those found in the wild. I saw a wolf as one of the background characters but no dog, only see wild bovines such as bison/buffalo there, etc. I did see what looks like a domesticated sheep earlier on when all those background characters started to come out and I saw a domesticated pig near the end so that idea may be out of the window. I so far did not see any nonhuman primates there.

Also we have come so far from Chicken Little's CGi animals.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Wow, Zootopia looks really good from the quality of the CGi to the designs. Good point on he lack of domesticated animals in the teaser but I wonder if they will keep that detail in the trailers later. I'm looking forward to it.

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Wow, Zootopia looks really good from the quality of the CGi to the designs. Good point on he lack of domesticated animals in the teaser but I wonder if they will keep that detail in the trailers later. I'm looking forward to it.
I did note that there looks like what is a domesticated sheep (0:42) in the video and the familiar domesticated pink pig in (0:46). Could that sheep and pig be found in the wild as well that was never touched by human breeders because I really would like my headcanon to be true?

Also would be cool to have animals that went extinct due to humans such as mammoths, tasmanian tigers and dodos in this movie. Whoops scratch the last one, only mammals are the ones civilized for this feature.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
holy crap where are you getting these avatars?
Uh..internet?
My latest one came from a cool Mondo Toy Story poster. There are other posters made for other Disney and Pixar films.
They are good avatar material.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Uh..internet?
My latest one came from a cool Mondo Toy Story poster. There are other posters made for other Disney and Pixar films.
They are good avatar material.
I agree, the Incredibles 1 is my favorite, even have it saved on my USB flash drive off of my old computer tower, was wondering if there's a way to crop Violet the same way you did Woody?

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
At least the first half of the week can hold you until Friday.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Yes, Honey Lemon's VA talked about it as did the man himself Stan Lee has somewhat demaned it, it's probably going to take as long in developement as the 2nd Incredibles is going to take, maybe even half that if we're lucky, depending on how quickly Disney/Marvel gets their films out, I expect a 2020/21 release at the earliest (by then the Frozen, Tangled and Lion King hype will have died down a bit).

Odd that the Incredibles 2 is releasing on the tail end of that, but it's going to have to face the Avengers at the box office (and maybe the Justice League, since both parts are releasing in 2019, the same year the 2nd Incredibles hits theaters, the Parr family has some mighty competition.)
Hmm...interesting. What do you think the plot would be if the sequel is in the works?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Lotso Huggin Bear Disney news this week alongside Inside Out's release this Friday. Some fans are luck enough to catch an early screening with a discussion with the directors afterward. I updated the title to be more relevant with the sentiemnt for this week. Why am I hyped about Inside Out? It's Pixar's first film after a year without a single film.

First things first, some cool Inside Out bonus features from Pixar Post. Two videos for some of the voice work and a lot of interviews.
http://www.pixarpost.com/2015/06/inside-out-behind-the-scenes-video.html

The Good Dinosaur really went through a face-lift since the voice actors for the Dinos are changed:
  • RAYMOND OCHOA as an Apatosaurus named Arlo.
    JEFFREY WRIGHT as Poppa, Arlo’s father.
    STEVE ZAHN as a pterodactyl named Thunderclap.
    AJ BUCKLEY as a T-Rex named Nash.
    ANNA PAQUIN as a T-Rex named Ramsey.
    SAM ELLIOTT as a T-Rex named Butch.
    FRANCES MCDORMAND as Arlo’s mother.
    MARCUS SCRIBNER as Arlo’s brother Buck.
    JACK BRIGHT as Spot.

Read more: Pixar 'The Good Dinosaur' Cast Announcement - Stitch Kingdom
For some reason, Maleficent is, apparently, receiving a sequel to the 2014 film. Personally, I thought the original looked underwhelming but I'd want to see where the go with this one.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/450667-disney-is-planning-a-maleficent-sequel#/slide/1

Remember that LEGO Wall-E from a few pages ago? Well it is expected to come out soon with a $40-$50 price tag.

It's too bad the Toy Story of Terror LEGO Bunny didn't receive enough signatures but a member from another forum I visit constructed one of his own that any of you guys can utilize.
Link to thread: http://pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10584

I found this 7 Facts You (Probably) Didn't Know About Toy Story from Gizmodo. Naturally, none of this was new information since I'm a giant nerd who memorized the Bonus Features on the DVDs.

A few more Pixar books are being released later this year. Two art books, a compilation of funny Pixar stories, and some sketches from animators.

And finally, D23 is holding a bunch of panels for Disney Animation. They are listed below:
  • Every Story Is a Journey: The Upcoming Films of Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios
  • Welcome to Zootopia!
  • Aladdin: The Making of a Classic
  • The Shorts of Walt Disney Animation Studios: from Paperman to Prep & Landing, Feast to Frozen Fever
  • Frozen FANdemonium: A Musical Celebration!
  • The Tunes Behind the Toons: Screening/Q&A
More can be found here: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-d23-expo-disney-animation-announces-panels-exhibits-75558/

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Lotso Huggin Bear Disney news this week alongside Inside Out's release this Friday. Some fans are luck enough to catch an early screening with a discussion with the directors afterward. I updated the title to be more relevant with the sentiemnt for this week. Why am I hyped about Inside Out? It's Pixar's first film after a year without a single film.

First things first, some cool Inside Out bonus features from Pixar Post. Two videos for some of the voice work and a lot of interviews.
http://www.pixarpost.com/2015/06/inside-out-behind-the-scenes-video.html
The Good Dinosaur really went through a face-lift since the voice actors for the Dinos are changed:

• RAYMOND OCHOA as an Apatosaurus named Arlo.
    JEFFREY WRIGHT as Poppa, Arlo’s father.
    STEVE ZAHN as a pterodactyl named Thunderclap.
    AJ BUCKLEY as a T-Rex named Nash.
    ANNA PAQUIN as a T-Rex named Ramsey.
    SAM ELLIOTT as a T-Rex named Butch.
    FRANCES MCDORMAND as Arlo’s mother.
    MARCUS SCRIBNER as Arlo’s brother Buck.
    JACK BRIGHT as Spot.

Read more:
    Pixar 'The Good Dinosaur' Cast Announcement - Stitch Kingdom
For some reason, Maleficent is, apparently, receiving a sequel to the 2014 film. Personally, I thought the original looked underwhelming but I'd want to see where the go with this one.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/450667-disney-is-planning-a-maleficent-sequel#/slide/1
Remember that LEGO Wall-E from a few pages ago? Well it is expected to come out soon with a $40-$50 price tag.

It's too bad the Toy Story of Terror LEGO Bunny didn't receive enough signatures but a member from another forum I visit constructed one of his own that any of you guys can utilize.
Link to thread:
http://pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10584
I found this 7 Facts You (Probably) Didn't Know About Toy Story from Gizmodo. Naturally, none of this was new information since I'm a giant nerd who memorized the Bonus Features on the DVDs.

A few more Pixar books are being released later this year. Two art books, a compilation of funny Pixar stories, and some sketches from animators.

And finally, D23 is holding a bunch of panels for Disney Animation. They are listed below:

• Every Story Is a Journey: The Upcoming Films of Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios
  • Welcome to Zootopia!
  • Aladdin: The Making of a Classic
  • The Shorts of Walt Disney Animation Studios: from Paperman to Prep & Landing, Feast to Frozen Fever
  • Frozen FANdemonium: A Musical Celebration!
  • The Tunes Behind the Toons: Screening/Q&A

So Dash's Disney Infinity VA is the voice for Arlo (kinda felt he should have played Spot and it's a shame Bill Hader (who voices Inside Out's Fear won't be in this or am I mistaken?) it remains to be seen if little Ray voices Dash again for the Incredibles 2 (highly doubt it, since if Dash is aged to be in his mid-to-late teens if the rumors are true, Spencer Fox may be brought back instead).

Oh and my Violet plush finally came and I'm going to go snuggle with her :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom