• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate General Discussion Invitational

Should Ultomato be allowed to host tournaments?

• Yeah. He learned from his mistakes.

• Maybe... if he changes things, A LOT

• Maybe with some help next time?

• Oh dear god no!

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member

I would’ve definitely practiced at least a little if I realized this was placement for the tournament. LMAO. Oh well, see how I do against the other two.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The stages are what make it or break it for me. I should have picked the stages to my advantage. Thesaurus won 2-1. Close matches though. Way better than I did with badrat.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I’m off to get some practice in with Falcon before my next rounds.

D

Deleted member

Depends on if I beat Alucard.

If I do, you are.

If I don't you are not (since we'd be tied and our set would be the deciding factor).

For me, I'm in either way.
But we are definitely going to have the same record and i beat his is that not the tie breaker? Ultomato Ultomato weird rules you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Urgh, I wish this was out of three instead of out of two. It just goes back and forth way too fast. It gets pretty close until I get anxious and just throw myself at the opponent. LMAO

D

Deleted member

Ultomato Ultomato , I’ve got school tomorrow, so if this thingy is a multi-day tournament, I might have to do it later on in the day.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Well... I'm all for a fair treatment here but how do I insert 2 extra players into the bracket?
Ok, first of all, how many players are gonna be in the bracket if everything else goes to plan? If it still divides by two, then we keep on going until it doesn't. Eventually, when it doesn't divide by two, we'll do another pool scenario or randomly pick somebody to advance, depending on what you think is the better choice.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Urgh, I wish this was out of three instead of out of two. It just goes back and forth way too fast. It gets pretty close until I get anxious and just throw myself at the opponent. LMAO
I definitely get what you're saying. Our 2nd match was my nerves definitely getting the better of me (and the laggy air dodge mechanics).

D

Deleted member

At least I can sleep in tomorrow though. I’ve been off schedule, I go to bed at 5 in the morning and wake up 2 in the after noon. And I can focus on the Nintenzone tournament.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Okay now I'm fixing a whole bunch o' problems all at once.

Just a penguin Just a penguin : The Winners of each pool would go to Winners brackets (4 players Total) while the nr. 2 and 3 would go to losers brackets (8 Total)

@Badrat : The rules aren't actually that different from normal rules, but because of the low and uneven ammount of players, more Awkward situations happen with the Total scores. If you have any suggestions on how to fix that without making this overly complex I'm all ears.

@Thesaurus30 : Tomorrow is Sunday right? Officially this whole thing would be Tomorrow because I didn't have too much time today but people played Pools today to avoid timezone issues.

I hope we can resolve everything and I definitely know what to do differently next time (if there is one)

D

Deleted member

Its weird how pool A and B are finished but pool C and D are untouched

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Ok, first of all, how many players are gonna be in the bracket if everything else goes to plan? If it still divides by two, then we keep on going until it doesn't. Eventually, when it doesn't divide by two, we'll do another pool scenario or randomly pick somebody to advance, depending on what you think is the better choice.
I can work with that.
HOWEVER it's 2:00 in the morning where I am so I'm going to sleep.

When I wake up, I'll update the standings.

Top Bottom