• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate General Discussion Invitational

Should Ultomato be allowed to host tournaments?

• Yeah. He learned from his mistakes.

• Maybe... if he changes things, A LOT

• Maybe with some help next time?

• Oh dear god no!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Wait a second. So if I beat Pakky, you beat me, and Pakky beat you, who won?
That's what I'm asking :p

Usually it'd be based on something like games won and lost, but I don't know how it works here.

or we can just redo the pool so I can have revenge on Pakky and their K Rool

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's what I'm asking :p

Usually it'd be based on something like games won and lost (so I'd be 1st because I won 3 and lost 2, Pakky would be 2nd because he won 3 and lost 3, and you'd be 3rd because you won 2 and lost 3). But I don't know how it works here.

or we can just redo the pool so I can have revenge on Pakky and their K Rool
The best i can think of is
1st you
2nd Pakky
3rd Just penguin
But that in itself makes no sense

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Yeah. It's almost like players perform better against different characters and other players, and it's futile to try to calculate the skill of players in a simple ranked list, as everyone performs differently under different conditions. Oh wait. That's exactly what it is.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ok i think i can resolve this Moydow Moydow is almost definitely second so Just a penguin Just a penguin and Pakky Pakky just do another set to determine who is 1st and 3rd
But then I can make the same argument again because I beat Just a Penguin (2-0, at that).

I don't really mind either way where I end up (plus it's kinda hard for me to say anything without it sounding too much like "hey I should actually be 1st this sucks"), but it should have been explained earlier how a situation like this would be resolved, since if you're going to have small pools where people only play each other once, this situation is inevitable.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
But then I can make the same argument again because I beat Just a Penguin (2-0, at that).

I don't really mind either way where I end up (plus it's kinda hard for me to say anything without it sounding too much like "hey I should actually be 1st this sucks"), but it should have been explained earlier how a situation like this would be resolved, since if you're going to have small pools where people only play each other once, this situation is inevitable.
I hadn't anticipated a situation like this, otherwise I would have had a better solution.

For now, Just look at it like this: Noone is out of the tournament yet

D

Deleted member

I’m telling you, it’d be great if we could do Tourney mode online.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Maybe. I'm just trying to think outside the box here, because if we think inside the box, we'll go nowhere.
"Everyone keeps thinking Inside the box. I believe I think outside the box. But you, you think inside a different box. Your own little privare box that Noone really understands."~ a close friend of mine who I haven't seen in 2 years unfortunately

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok we need to figure out something before this gets out of hand.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Unless someone Comes up with a better solution, this is my ruling
Ok, here's my perspective.
1. One won set can't be better than another won set. A win is a win.
2. Each of us beat somebody and lost to another.
3. None of us can really claim that we "won", unless we disregard rule 1.
4. Therefore, I would declare this a 3-way tie.
5. I don't see a way to determine a real winner in the future.
6. Either all of us deserve to get a spot in the tournament or none of us.
7. Obviously, at least one of us deserve to be in the tournament.
8. Therefore, all of us deserve to be placed into the tournament.

D

Deleted member

Ok im 1-2 in my pool but i beat Prince Alucard
So if he loses again i have the tie breaker for third place correct?

Top Bottom