• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I guess now would be a good time to ask everyone what their most anticipated anime of the summer season is and why it's obviously Himegoto. On the real though, I'm kind of interested in Aldnoah.Zero, Glasslip, Hanayamata, and Ao Haru Ride. Some good diversity in those picks.
Aldnoah.Zero because Gen Urobuchi. Haven't really checked what is coming up though (:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Well....

I never thought for a moment that Jean would be the one at risk of death. Levi is proven stronger than I gave him credit for.

Jean hesitated, if anything it's his own fault for not killing the man on the spot.

I was always hoping that Connie would die first, then Sasha, then jean. Jean is really good with his gear, so he could probably do well against titans.

Armin was with him, there might be a chance Armin Caught jeans gun or had one himself to shoot the guy, and all we got was a bang. Next month will be interesting

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
About to watch the last episode. It seems that Light has won, but I feel like Near new about the fake notebook and Light will be caught. I can't really tell who I want to win. The next episode is titled, "New World", so that has a good chance of telling me that Near lost and everyone dies (yay, happy ending).

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Finished the Death Note anime. Are the manga and anime any different? Are the endings different at all, or does the manga somehow go past the point where the anime ended?
Can't believe that Light lost. I'm just glad he was killed by Ryuk instead of anyone else. lol, he was so sure that everything was going his way, and the fake Kira (I keep having problems remembering his name), had to screw everything up. I kinda wanted to see N's reaction when someone had a heart attack, but it seems the story didn't go down that road.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Hisoka isn't a floor master. He beat gon and got a chance to fight them,but beyond that nothing is know. (To my knowledge).
It's true, double checked the wikia. Thank you for the correction.

nessokman said:
If they h e held their Positions as floor masters for a long time, they have to be strong, plus there is a tournament for the Floor masters if I recall. Gon and Killua will probably go for that eventually. The reason the phantom troupe was shown fighting the ants was most likely to establish just how much stronger they are than any of the main protagonists, effortlessly killing them. Kurupika still has a hatred for Them, and it is obvious that another showdown with them will happen eventually.(they will want to avenge everyone who kurupika And friends killed) If that is the case, HXH will end up like dragonball, where no matter how strong you are a stronger enemy shows up to fight.
I think Hunter x Hunter always tried to balance out PvE situations rather than singularly remain a PvP type of show. Even in the current arc, many of the ants abilities involve warping or using environmental factors in order to challenge the protagonists. So while I don't think it will be analogous to Dragon Ball in the sense that we have a situation where it's like stopping Babidi and then stopping Majin Boo, and then stopping Evil Boo ect. I do think that certain plot developments are going to have a very distinct shonen formula built in that blatantly appeals to Japanese readers.

nessokman

Smash Lord
The manga has a few differences, not any really big ones though.

Edit: found this beautiful GIF of death note.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
That was a dramatic moment in the anime. Now I can't see that as being intense anymore.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm 3 chapters behind, I got bored and stopped. I'll probably read them tomorrow.

Magi anime sucks, it's so loose from the manga it disgusts me.
Unless you were recently catching up, the manga just started back up two weeks ago.

Edit: Unless you mean you were already bored before the recent hiatus

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
My list of mangas and animes is such a cluster**** I can't keep up with.....

I bought the first volume of theamga adaptation of "Circue Du Freak" on an impulse, and I don't regret it.

I like the premise, characters so far seem pretty interesting. I am going to enjoy this series.

I've got to catch up with HXH,as well as soul eater not, then I can hopefully FINALLY start claymore and berserk.

I decided to read circue du freak as I buy the volumes instead of
Reading it online. I would rather have the volumes in my hands when I read them.

nessokman

Smash Lord
You call that a cluster****? lol
I need a real list I can use to keep up with what I watch, I forgot Soul Eater Not! existed until I saw a video on it. God knows how many other series I have forgotten.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Should I finish Sword Art Online? I got till episode 11, then I heard about episode 21 and Asuna. ;-; I liked her so much up until then! Then that happened. ;-;

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Should I finish Sword Art Online? I got till episode 11, then I heard about episode 21 and Asuna. ;-; I liked her so much up until then! Then that happened. ;-;
What do you mean? Also, Sword Art was pretty mediocre so you wouldn't really be missing much if you dropped it.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
SAO was a godawful experience for me, I enjoyed the first two or so episodes, but that's it. I finished it all, I promise you aren't missing anything.

I recommend "Log Horizon". There is no dub of it, but it is a cool series that also revolves around being stuck in a game. It focuses on elements from the game more than SAO.

I need to catch up on HxH's anime and manga, If killua is gone for this entire arc, I'll scream. Gon isn't worthy, killua is the only one of the main 4 that is always there, and is always fun to watch. Gon annoys me, kurupika is ALWAYS gone, and Leorio...**** Leorio.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
SAO was a godawful experience for me, I enjoyed the first two or so episodes, but that's it. I finished it all, I promise you aren't missing anything.

I recommend "Log Horizon". There is no dub of it, but it is a cool series that also revolves around being stuck in a game. It focuses on elements from the game more than SAO.

I need to catch up on HxH's anime and manga, If killua is gone for this entire arc, I'll scream. Gon isn't worthy, killua is the only one of the main 4 that is always there, and is always fun to watch. Gon annoys me, kurupika is ALWAYS gone, and Leorio...**** Leorio.
I actually was planning on watching HxH, but I think I should finish Medaka box.

nessokman

Smash Lord
ive gotten to the point where i dont even bother with a list

i just navigate to my manga/anime folder and look for something i dont remember watching
If I don't marathon a series, I'll usually forget it exists until five months after it ends, then I remember it. Afterwards I keep putting off watching it for another few months before getting tired of remembering it and watch it.

I actually was planning on watching HxH, but I think I should finish Medaka box.
HxH is amazing. Watch it.

I finally watched "Angel Beats!"
I started at 4:30 this morning and marathoned the 13 episodes. It is an extremely interesting little anime.

I liked the plot. People who died young who believe their lives were unfair go to a sort of "Limbo" state after they die.The go to a school where they can live as normal people and clear any mixed emotions before they pass on. (Most of them had some horrible issue/accident that caused them to not live a normal life)

The main characters are trying to fight back and are trying to stay in limbo, never finding peace.They are "Fighting back against god". God's cruelty being one of the points that is brought up several times.

The characters were really well developed for a 13 episode series with so many characters. Music in the series was nice, especially the music in emotional scenes.(like end end).

The end made me sad and happy.

I'd give this series a solid 8.5/10

I plan on checking out the manga "Angel Beats! Heaven's Door"

Now I have that void again......Got to find a new series.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I thought the comedy was the best part of Angel Beats personally.
Parts of it were hilarious and well done.(slow motion replay of being shot into the roof)

Sometimes I felt it was a bit much, but that's probably because I wasn't expecting there to be much comedy.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Parts of it were hilarious and well done.(slow motion replay of being shot into the roof)

Sometimes I felt it was a bit much, but that's probably because I wasn't expecting there to be much comedy.
Read the newest AOT today...

JEAN NOOOOO

Sedda

Smash Champion
After getting caught up on hxh, I gotta say I'm not enjoying the second half of this arc at all =(. They're dragging it out way too much

nessokman

Smash Lord
Finishing Angel Beats has left me with such a giant void, It was far too short. The end made me sad, and happy.... Seriously. Congrats to Angel Beats, no series has really pulled my heartstrings quite like it.

I have no clue what to watch now.....

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Haven't been too keen on anime lately. Been sitting down with some mangas though. Really need to start getting back on track with Attack on Titan.

I've also started Drifters (AKA Young King Ours), which is done by Kotua Hirano of Hellsing fame. It's about historical figures being summoned into a fantasy realm where there powers are needed to stop a great evil. If the way I worded the premise doesn't sell you, just check it out. As a fan of the Fate/ series, it gets right up my alley with the interpretations of historical figures and what they have to deal with. It starts really slow and the characters don't feel very developed early on. Suppose it'll change.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I feel you on that Captain Hotcakes, I've become a little disenchanted by anime as well so I've migrated over to visual novels for the time being. Everyone needs a good break. Ping Pong and Love Live are the only two things that I looked forward to every week and to a lesser extent, JoJo.

I've yet to hear anything positive regarding Drifters, but I suppose I'll give it a shot some day down the road if I'm feeling masochistic. I started One Punch-Man recently and it's hilarious.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
It's not bad. Just nothing to write home about. It's an exciting action spectacle. The ambition is absolutely brilliant to witness, if executed poorly. The characters are pretty underdeveloped, which is pretty typical of most action plots that throw in historical characters having textbooks worth of biography. Specifically, Toyohisa doesn't do much besides his rage and confusion between his party and lamenting about decapitating people. At least Fate/Zero had believable, multifaceted leads and the historical figures were entertaining and purposeful. Oh, and that damn good writing.

At least I hear this is pretty typical of Hirano's work; one-dimensional characters, not much strive behind the extermination motives of his characters, and pretty ineffectual use of horror or suspense. Hellsing probably does a much better job at it, but I'm yet to watch that. If anything, :mаd:, I'll say anything about where it goes near the climax. We seem pretty conflicted in our tastes more often than not. Oh, and Mirrai Nikki turned to ****.

Supposed it's a pretty good time to get down animes you've been meaning to watch. Waiting for a compelling hit or at least something that has some intriguing buzz.

Top Bottom