• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

T

Trick or Treat

The mecha are more of a means of advancing the plot, to be honest. It's all about the characters. Fair warning though, it takes a good bit to build since it started a TON of tropes and includes them.

Edit: Angel Beats was ok but way too short.
That's what he told me, too. It isn't like uber-mecha based. And it's more of a psychological type of anime?

Angel Beats was wayyy too short.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I must have missed the references, although I personally don't consider giving a nod to other anime as shameless. I know that No Game No Life has several references, ironically one of which is JJBA when they do the bizarre pose. For me it's more of a nod of respect and recognition. I was upset with how Future was seemingly defeated with something that looked similar to the idea of Space Ripper Stingy Eyes but w/e. The atmosphere of the anime is just incredibly unique and hasn't tired on me yet.
That's one way to look at it, I see where you're coming from. They just keep churning out the references, a lot like Nyaruko-san. The only difference being that Nyaruko was panned by anyone who isn't 13. I guess NGNL is more tactful about it, although I'm not seeing the difference. The appeal is certainly there, I must have a stick up my ass or something. At least it's better than Mahouka, haha.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
That's one way to look at it, I see where you're coming from. They just keep churning out the references, a lot like Nyaruko-san. The only difference being that Nyaruko was panned by anyone who isn't 13. I guess NGNL is more tactful about it, although I'm not seeing the difference. The appeal is certainly there, I must have a stick up my *** or something. At least it's better than Mahouka, haha.
Again. It's a personal thing. If the references get in the way of the story then yes, I view it as a negative. However, I thought that the recent JJBA was relatively solid. I loved the dialogue and how they animated the exposition. Extremely great capture of the atmosphere that is JJBA that is horror/thriller/action/journey. What I disliked was how the conflict (i.e. the manifestation of the 'horror' that they build up in each 'arc') was resolved. Jojo used a similar ability in the last battle that seemed very Deus Ex Machina to the point where it remains questionable what he couldn't kill with ease. Having a horror undertone is a huge draw that distinguishes JJBA from other shonen titles, but when you have the main character able to defeat anything in a two meter radius, it kills the atmosphere that was building up for the first half of the anime.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Finished Steins;Gate. Love that anime. Can't really say much about it, except it was like an emotional rollercoaster in the end. My friend is trying to get me to watch death note, so I'm gonna try it and see if I like it.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Code Geass is similar but better! Death Note imho started just as strong, but dropped a bit in the last third, while code geass remained consistent throughout both seasons. Well, just my two cents ;)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I wouldn't say that Code Geass remained consistent throughout. The beginning of the second season was really hard to get into, much like the whatchamacallit 8 arc in the latter half of Death Note. Still, even with that, Code Geass was great, and I thoroughly enjoyed the resolution of the series' climax overall.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'm in the 70's in hunter x hunter 2011. (Summer=nonstop anime)

When I get caught up, I'll watch psycho pass, and guilty crown

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Is killua gay? Seriously, I have nothing against gay people, but they just randomly threw In Lines about how killua Doesn't want to leave gon's side.

Maybe it's just killua being overprotective of his only friend.

Why the hell has kurupika not shown back up? Ants are killing people left and right, and the most powerful of the 4 isn't there :/

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's possible. It hasn't been outright said, but there's no denying the undertones.

As for Kurapika, I imagine he's just busy with his own things. The ants are still an isolated problem during the arc, not many of them actually spread out far from where it all starts.

It could also be that Togashi felt there wasn't a need to bring Kurapika, Leorio, Hisoka, or whoever else into the arc since it wouldn't impact their stories much. The Chimera Ant arc has a large cast as it is and is mostly focused on Gon and Killua, it kept the story tied nicely together leaving them all out.

Plus, we really didn't need more storylines to work through considering how many years it took to finish the arc and all the hiatuses we went through. D:

nessokman

Smash Lord
It's possible. It hasn't been outright said, but there's no denying the undertones.

As for Kurapika, I imagine he's just busy with his own things. The ants are still an isolated problem during the arc, not many of them actually spread out far from where it all starts.

It could also be that Togashi felt there wasn't a need to bring Kurapika, Leorio, Hisoka, or whoever else into the arc since it wouldn't impact their stories much. The Chimera Ant arc has a large cast as it is and is mostly focused on Gon and Killua, it kept the story tied nicely together leaving them all out.

Plus, we really didn't need more storylines to work through considering how many years it took to finish the arc and all the hiatuses we went through. D:
Hiatus X Hiatus

I mean, it might be that Killua was isolated from society for so long, he finally has a fried and is overprotective. I would probably be protective under those circumstances.

I hear The anime is right behind the manga. What will hey do when the catch up? Maybe take a break and then Follow closely behind the manga. I heard madhouse doesn't do filler

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I have no idea what will happen with the anime, but yes, it is close to the manga. It's almost done with the Chimera Ant arc, and the next one is relatively short, though it should still last them several months. The manga is starting up again next month, but who knows how long it will stay.

We'll have to wait and see.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I have no idea what will happen with the anime, but yes, it is close to the manga. It's almost done with the Chimera Ant arc, and the next one is relatively short, though it should still last them several months. The manga is starting up again next month, but who knows how long it will stay.

We'll have to wait and see.
*manga has one chapter*
Sorry, but we will be going on hiatus again

Zip.

Smash Lord
Does anyone here go by seasons here?

and if they do what's your favorite anime this season?

for me its between No game no life and kawaisou. (somewhat dry even though im watching quite a bit)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Does anyone here go by seasons here?

and if they do what's your favorite anime this season?

for me its between No game no life and kawaisou. (somewhat dry even though im watching quite a bit)
Mine's a tie between Ping Pong The Animation and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. Runner-ups would be Love Live 2 and Isshuukan Friends. I think NGNL is terrible, but that's just me.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Mushishi is an easy #1 for me, JJBA in second. I guess of the new shows my personal favorite would be the atelier adaption. No idea why, but it's so much fun :D (and were in 8/10 territory already here... tons of solid shows but nothing too exciting this season)

NGNL is terrible but easily entertaining enough to watch.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I agree with @ Xyzz Xyzz the new season of Mushishi is easily my favorite thus far, but I've also really been enjoying Black Bullet and Hitsugi no Chaika.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
hxh is already back

i think my favourite this season is isshuukan friends, then jojos

i enjoyed battle tendency so much more animated, stardust crusaders is great and all but it's not holding my interest and i really dunno why

nessokman

Smash Lord
School anime club is going to AWA, I'm considering going. Anyone here go to conventions?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
that's kinda pricey imo, esp since you're probably gonna spend more on merch

conventions are fun if you go with other people who a) like anime or b) have never been to an anime convention before

nessokman

Smash Lord
that's kinda pricey imo, esp since you're probably gonna spend more on merch

conventions are fun if you go with other people who a) like anime or b) have never been to an anime convention before
Well qualification a is met and then some. A club from my school, a lot of which are my friends are going.

The price is a turnoff. Anything really interesting at conventions?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
conventions tend to have a variety of attractions (depending on the con, of course)

aside from the (usually) extensive range of merchandise vendors, there will often be things like dub voice actor meet-n-greet (im in australia and we've had pretty famous dub actors and youtube personalities like LittleKuriboh over here), videogame tournaments, classic/recent anime screenings, themed cafes maid/cat/whatever), DIY areas with drawing/crafts/models, card/tabletop gaming areas with demos, cosplay shows, as well as after hours stuff like balls and dinners (but those are usually really pricey and just a moneygrab)

you should check the con's page for more specific information, they usually put stuff up a week or two in advance, if not earlier

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
conventions tend to have a variety of attractions (depending on the con, of course)

aside from the (usually) extensive range of merchandise vendors, there will often be things like dub voice actor meet-n-greet (im in australia and we've had pretty famous dub actors and youtube personalities like LittleKuriboh over here), videogame tournaments, classic/recent anime screenings, themed cafes maid/cat/whatever), DIY areas with drawing/crafts/models, card/tabletop gaming areas with demos, cosplay shows, as well as after hours stuff like balls and dinners (but those are usually really pricey and just a moneygrab)

you should check the con's page for more specific information, they usually put stuff up a week or two in advance, if not earlier
I already know Bryce papenbrook (eren, rin Okumara, kirito)is going to be there.

I'll have to think this over more. Money isn't due until August 30th so I have some time

asianaussie

Smash Hero
the hxh anime is nearly caught up to the manga anyway, best get the vodka and doona ready

one piece still took #1 in single volumes :happysheep:

but that is a HUGE sale record, props

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
the hxh anime is nearly caught up to the manga anyway, best get the vodka and doona ready

one piece still took #1 in single volumes :happysheep:

but that is a HUGE sale record, props
I'm gonna be depressed if the HXH anime stops. They COULD take a few months and then follow closely behind the manga, though that plan would fall through when there is another hiatus.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Ending the anime at the election arc would be the best move. The whole entire guiding principle to the series is that Gon wants to meet his father. Finally meeting him would provide closure to the anime. I more or less feel like the introduction of the new world is going to be something that opens up a new arc with a new overarching theme for Gon and the series as a whole.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Ending the anime at the election arc would be the best move. The whole entire guiding principle to the series is that Gon wants to meet his father. Finally meeting him would provide closure to the anime. I more or less feel like the introduction of the new world is going to be something that opens up a new arc with a new overarching theme for Gon and the series as a whole.
Switching goals for gon seems so meh, we've been in this huge adventure to FIND the man. I almost want to say that the series could have ended after he met his father and it would have been an OK ending. At the same time, we have this giant world full of interesting people and creatures. It would be a shame not to explore it.

There are still a lot of plots that have yet to be resolved. The phantom troupe still exists, killua's brother and hisoka are still there. I want a zoldyck showdown.

There are still the floor masters in heaven's arena that haven't been shown yet.(hisoka met the requirements to challenge them)

Feintan is my favorite phantom troupe member. Reminds me of levi.... Goddammit......

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
This was something I wasn't expecting today.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...anga-tops-one-piece-in-half-year-sales/.75118

Props to the author, almost double the sales of the best selling series ever. I thought it would kind of drop off in sales after the anime ended.

Alao, I'm facing depression because I am caught up to Hunter X Hunter and have to wait for episodes
While I have mixed feelings on the overall quality of AoT, some praise must be given. That's really impressive.

As for HxH, it must be nice to look at a week wait for new content as unbearable, haha.
Well, at least the manga is back for now. :3

nessokman

Smash Lord
While I have mixed feelings on the overall quality of AoT, some praise must be given. That's really impressive.

As for HxH, it must be nice to look at a week wait for new content as unbearable, haha.
Well, at least the manga is back for now. :3
I loved AOT when it was about giants killing everyone and all hell breaking loose.

Now it is like, Mikasa and levi can just kill anything, if they can't, eren will kill it. The factor of humans being helpless is gone now.of course the characters are going to get stronger, but after they retook trost, everything has been easy.(eren took out female titan pretty easily during their fight after MIKASA AND LEVI saved him....c'mon now.

If levi had wanted to, he could have kept tearing away at her muscles until he could get her neck.

The last time humans seemed helpless was the arc where eren was abducted by
Reiner & friend
where the military police and survey corps were beaten. Then eren saved the day with a new power.

To top it off, now they are fighting HUMANS. There hasn't been a legit titan fight in the manga to my memory since eren was taken.

Impressive sales tho.

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I wasn't really interested in any of the recent anime this season... when does season 2 of Swimming Anime start up? anyone know?

also, Madoka is my all-time favorite show and i'm sad no posts about it came up in the search :G

Last edited:
Top Bottom