• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
pop culture references and having themes a lot like another series should rarely (if ever) be reasons to praise something highly

not to say references arent enjoyable
Well I mean I liked Problem Children a lot, and since its kind of similar it's easy to say I would like No Game No Life. They are for sure not carbon copies though.

Oh shelled out 54 bucks for the complete Manga set of Love Hina. I've read three of them so far. I like it just as much as the anime which I loved a ton.

Last edited:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The JoJo impressions in NGNL were kind of funny. Aside from that, the show just finds ways to annoy me. I see the appeal though. At least it's pretty.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
no game no life is my guilty pleasure, gary stus are sometimes fun
Sora isn't a Gary Stu though, he's a hikikomori who can't function when he's separated from Shiro.
Hunter x Hunter, One Piece, JoJo, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hajime no Ippo. What I like about the others is that there's usually multiple objectives going on at once with larger subplots unfolding and all kinds of fights and strategy. That's not to say Z doesn't have elements of this, but the only memorable instance would be Namek. Even then, it was still a stallfest and plot is really linear for the most part. The objective is always clear and they rarely deviate from it.
I agree Yu Yu Hakusho, and Jojo are great, I think the One Piece anime is terrible, and I haven't seen the rest of those. Also I'd say the Android/Cell saga has what your describing as well, and it was done better than Namek imo.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'm enjoying Hunter X Hunter, on episode 7, I hate Gon, but killua makes up for it and then some. Reminds me of near from Death Note.

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Sora isn't a Gary Stu though, he's a hikikomori who can't function when he's separated from Shiro.
i dont see how this disqualifies him as a gary stu at all, he's been thrown into a world where his small skillset is literally everything he needs to be blatantly overpowered

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Because without Shiro he's literally useless and vice versa. Then there's also the fact that he has no idea how to interact with people without being abrasive or arrogant, but it remains to be seen whether or not those things will hurt him in the long run.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Sooooo....

I finished Kill La Kill, Attack on Titan, and now Gurren Lagann. I started SAO and Fairy Tail.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Ah, okay then. I probably just misunderstood then.

Wow, I just got into episode 7 of Steins;Gate and it is amazing. The story just got more intense and I'm not as clueless as I was in the first episodes. I'm also watching nichijou, but I only got to the second episode. I'm still waiting to see the principal that wrestled a deer since I saw that before watching the show.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Well the newest Attack On Titan chapter...

Damn, the anti human maneuver gear is pretty intense, they look like freaking wire shooting cowboys. I wonder if Eren will be getting eaten? And Levi's past continues to intrigue...

nessokman

Smash Lord
Well the newest Attack On Titan chapter...

Damn, the anti human maneuver gear is pretty intense, they look like freaking wire shooting cowboys. I wonder if Eren will be getting eaten? And Levi's past continues to intrigue...
I bet levi will die, he's the last person from the "older" generation, with Petra and the rest of his squad dead, Erwin stepping down, levi is the last.

Also, levi will kill everything normal people can't, (if eren isn't there) if he doesn't die, jean/Sasha/Connie/ historia/Mikasa/eren won't get their time in the spotlight.

Levi's squad has been replaced by the 104th, now levi will more than likely die and Jean/eren will take over.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I bet levi will die, he's the last person from the "older" generation, with Petra and the rest of his squad dead, Erwin stepping down, levi is the last.

Also, levi will kill everything normal people can't, (if eren isn't there) if he doesn't die, jean/Sasha/Connie/ historia/Mikasa/eren won't get their time in the spotlight.

Levi's squad has been replaced by the 104th, now levi will more than likely die and Jean/eren will take over.

Well, a lot of rage will come from the fanbase on that, but there's still Hange. Also, what did you think of the Anti-Human gear?

nessokman

Smash Lord
Well, a lot of rage will come from the fanbase on that, but there's still Hange. Also, what did you think of the Anti-Human gear?
I think the original gear is better, the only advantae AH3DMG has is range, and with normal 3DMG you can just throw your swords like levi. The original is moar appealing to me, not to mention the anit human wouln't be good against a titan.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I think the original gear is better, the only advantae AH3DMG has is range, and with normal 3DMG you can just throw your swords like levi. The original is moar appealing to me, not to mention the anit human wouln't be good against a titan.
But who gives a damn, as it's for killing humans, and nobody expects accurate guns of that nature. Also, the reload time for throwing swords would be much longer than the guns.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball, Sword Art Online, and the original FMA are the best anime. Death Note would rank 69 on my list. I like brawl better than melee. Tripping is cool.

Does anyone know when Heavens Lost Property is getting its season three thing? I left off at chaos becoming a normalish thing. I heard there was a second movie is this true? And no, I didn't watch it to fap, I liked the jokes and cheap, unbearable story.

#HentaiOnMiiverse

asianaussie

Smash Hero
second movie was already released in japan, but it's not out on DVD/BD so you can't get your subbed rips

there is supposedly no 3rd season despite the manga constantly toting it (i would know, i translated 10ish chapters, all of which said that the anime was in production), and the 2nd movie ended the anime installments

if you can't wait, read the manga

nessokman

Smash Lord
But who gives a damn, as it's for killing humans, and nobody expects accurate guns of that nature. Also, the reload time for throwing swords would be much longer than the guns.

And if eren shows up and were to go titan? Anti human gear would be like throwing pebbles at a charging bull.

Sword reloading would take time, and it is much more accurate, given a spinning sword has a wider range than a bullet or whatever it shoots, plus there are two of them.

I mainly am worried for levi fighting someone with so much more experience. His mentor is the only human who stands a chance against
Levi

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
second movie was already released in japan, but it's not out on DVD/BD so you can't get your subbed rips

there is supposedly no 3rd season despite the manga constantly toting it (i would know, i translated 10ish chapters, all of which said that the anime was in production), and the 2nd movie ended the anime installments

if you can't wait, read the manga
I am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of tripping and floating in this anime, Almost as glitchy and unfinished as melee!

nessokman

Smash Lord
Dear god, watching hunter X hunter, you freaking watch 11 boring episodes of the hunter exam, just to have an episode explain everything this far. I could have just started there and skipped the boring running/cooking episodes.

When was naruto supposed to end again? I'm going to marathon reading the manga when it is done.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
The JoJo impressions in NGNL were kind of funny. Aside from that, the show just finds ways to annoy me. I see the appeal though. At least it's pretty.
David Productions and Warner Brothers. Although supposedly a low budget production.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

The only anime I'm watching now is No Game No Life.

I was watching Ace of Diamond, Isshuukan Friends, and Gokukoku no Brynhildr but decided to read ahead in the manga instead, because I couldn't wait to continue the stories. Sooo good.

Also found out that probably my favorite (definitely top 3) anime of all time, Durarararararararara finally got a second season. The light novels get really good right after the anime ends so I can't wait for that.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
David Productions and Warner Brothers. Although supposedly a low budget production.
We also got Doraemon, Evangelion, and what looked like a Zetsubou Sensei parody yesterday. They're quite shameless it seems.

The only anime I'm watching now is No Game No Life.

I was watching Ace of Diamond, Isshuukan Friends, and Gokukoku no Brynhildr but decided to read ahead in the manga instead, because I couldn't wait to continue the stories. Sooo good.

Also found out that probably my favorite (definitely top 3) anime of all time, Durarararararararara finally got a second season. The light novels get really good right after the anime ends so I can't wait for that.
Isshuukan Friends is pretty good, it's very fluffy. What are your other two favorites?

T

Trick or Treat

Isshuukan Friends is pretty good, it's very fluffy. What are your other two favorites?
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is definitely one.

After that it's tough. Eden of the East, Madoka Magica, Nagi no Asukara, Sword Art Online, Noragami, Darker Than Black...all of those are pretty close.

Hataraku Maou-sama is ****ing hilarious so that's up there. Sora no Otoshimono...

Then there's the classics like Yu Yu Hakusho and Zatch Bell which were great at the time...

Yeah I dunno. FMA:B and Durarara are definitely at the top though

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Trick or Treat

Envy, I've been tempted to watch Eden of the East on Netflix. Sell it to me, tell me why it's worth watching.
I'm not a good saleswoman, but...it's good. It has a really interesting concept and it's just...good. I love the characters too.

T

Trick or Treat

"So why is it good?"

"It's good!"

GOOD answer. :p I understand, though. I might check it out. Have you seen Evangelion?
Let me rephrase that.

Watch it. I'm prepared to bet. You won't regret it.

And nope, I haven't. That's actually my crush's favorite anime though so it's funny you brought it up. It sounds pretty good.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
We also got Doraemon, Evangelion, and what looked like a Zetsubou Sensei parody yesterday. They're quite shameless it seems.
I must have missed the references, although I personally don't consider giving a nod to other anime as shameless. I know that No Game No Life has several references, ironically one of which is JJBA when they do the bizarre pose. For me it's more of a nod of respect and recognition. I was upset with how Future was seemingly defeated with something that looked similar to the idea of Space Ripper Stingy Eyes but w/e. The atmosphere of the anime is just incredibly unique and hasn't tired on me yet.

T

Trick or Treat

Also how could I forget Angel Beats? Such a great anime.

Umineko no naku koro ni, too, even though that's actually a visual novel.

@ Lore Lore Really? Ahhh, I definitely might need to check it out then. I generally don't like mechas though...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Also how could I forget Angel Beats? Such a great anime.

Umineko no naku koro ni, too, even though that's actually a visual novel.

@ Lore Lore Really? Ahhh, I definitely might need to check it out then. I generally don't like mechas though...
The mecha are more of a means of advancing the plot, to be honest. It's all about the characters. Fair warning though, it takes a good bit to build since it started a TON of tropes and includes them.

Edit: Angel Beats was ok but way too short.

Last edited:
Top Bottom