• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Apparently you missed the part where I didn't watch any anime for six years.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
dont deny it

embrace it

one day we will breach the glorious land of nippon and dance with the maids and catgirls

disclaimer: i am clearly not a weeaboo

i know you are but what am i

#rekt #weeb #8am #ineedcoffee #nottwitter #notfacebook #stil8amfml

nessokman

Smash Lord
Blue exorcist is finally about to start getting action again, so much talking....ugh...I'm ready to see lucifer fight, strongest demon king is so crippled physically, but I know he kicks major ass.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I give the SnK dub a 6.5/10

About SnK chapter 57

I thought it is an interesting choice by Erwin to pick Hanji as the new leader of the survey corps.

The survey corps was accused of murder, or course, I would expect nothing less from the military police. With levi's squad on the run, and all the mistrust they have towards him, this is going to end badly. Ironically Mikasa, the one who hates levi is one of the only ones who still somewhat trusts him.

Levi is backed against a wall here, I don't know how he can win that fight. I have a feeling that he's going to die...

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Blue exorcist is finally about to start getting action again, so much talking....ugh...I'm ready to see lucifer fight, strongest demon king is so crippled physically, but I know he kicks major ***.
Are you talking about the manga or is there a season 2? Or maybe this is season 1 and I completely forgot.

God, I need to make a list of my favorite anime shows from first to last. All I know is Naruto/NShippuden is first and Elfen Lied is second (I got a little too emotional in this anime)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Are you talking about the manga or is there a season 2? Or maybe this is season 1 and I completely forgot.

God, I need to make a list of my favorite anime shows from first to last. All I know is Naruto/NShippuden is first and Elfen Lied is second (I got a little too emotional in this anime)
Interesting favorites you got there. What comes after?

nessokman

Smash Lord

Manga, they messed the anime up to hell and back

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Interesting favorites you got there. What comes after?
1. Naruto/NShippuden
2. Elfen Lied
3. Hetalia
4. Soul Eater
5. Attack on Titan
6. Full Metal Alchemist (not brotherhood)
7. D-Gray Man (I still need to watch the second half)
8. Blood Lad
9. Blue Exorcist
10. High School of the Dead
I only read the manga for Naruto and Attack on Titan
Manga, they messed the anime up to hell and back
Was that supposed to be a joke? Also, the anime was alright to me, but the ending was very random IMO.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
1. Naruto/NShippuden
2. Elfen Lied
3. Hetalia
4. Soul Eater
5. Attack on Titan
8. Blood Lad
9. Blue Exorcist

Was that supposed to be a joke? Also, the anime was alright to me, but the ending was very random IMO.
I can tell you haven't read the manga. The manga varied from the source material quite a bit, it had crappy filler and a bull**** end. THe manga is amazing and ongoing.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
The only manga I read are Naruto and Shingeki No Kyojin. It seems to me that anime tends to differ from the manga. Especially at the end (most likely to finish the series).

nessokman

Smash Lord
The only manga I read are Naruto and Shingeki No Kyojin. It seems to me that anime tends to differ from the manga. Especially at the end (most likely to finish the series).
shingeki's end was fine, they still showed the face in the wall after the credits, and in the event that they wanted to make a new season they could just start it off where they are trying to cover it, everything is fine. Blue Exorcist butchered their ending to hell and back, pun intended. I'd suggest you read it's manga, it's so mych better than the anime

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
shingeki's end was fine, they still showed the face in the wall after the credits, and in the event that they wanted to make a new season they could just start it off where they are trying to cover it, everything is fine. Blue Exorcist butchered their ending to hell and back, pun intended. I'd suggest you read it's manga, it's so mych better than the anime
Blue Exorcist did the same as the first FMA and Soul Eater. Instead of an open ending and leaving potential for a second season, they diverged from the source material to the point they have to make a new series in order to cover the rest of the manga.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
1. Naruto/NShippuden
2. Elfen Lied
3. Hetalia
4. Soul Eater
5. Attack on Titan
8. Blood Lad
9. Blue Exorcist

You still have a long way to go, my friend. Your list is missing some quality cartoons.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
After I finish D gray man, I'm gonna start watching other anime. @ nessokman nessokman I might read the manga. If I do, I might start from the beginning since I don't remember much of the anime.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
It doesn't really make sense to put something you haven't finished on a top 10 list, just saying.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
It doesn't really make sense to put something you haven't finished on a top 10 list, just saying.
IT MAKES ALL THE SENSE YOU WILL EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

Speaking of which, I've caught up to Hunter x Hunter. And when I'd reached the most recent episode, I read ahead in the manga (the rest of the Chimera Ant stuff and the Chairman Election arc).

It's kind of serendipitous that I would catch up now, since the manga is set to resume starting next month. Should be interesting stuff. 8D

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
It's not really my top ten. Those are the only anime shows I've seen. It's just a coincidence that there are ten. I'd probably change it when I finish the show.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Might as well post my anime/manga list here:
  • Ansatsu Kyoshi-tsu
  • Pokémon Origins
  • Soul Eater (anime and manga)
  • Sword Art Online
  • Fairy Tail (anime and manga)
  • Death Note (only the anime)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (also read part of the manga)
  • Attack on Titan (anime and manga)
  • Attack on Titan: Before the Fall
  • Blue Exorcist (anime and manga)
  • Soul Eater Not! (only the manga)
  • Rave Master (only the manga)
  • Magi: Labyrinth of Magic (anime and manga)
  • Durarara!!
Of all the manga above, I'm keeping with all the ongoing ones and reading Rave Master. As for anime, I'm watching Fairy Tail (not keeping with the series, though), watched one episode of Magi and two of Durarara.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I'm too lazy to write out my list, jut to have autocorrect butcher it.

Thought about watching "the devil is a part timer" it looks interesting.

I decided to stop reading seven deadly sins, I'll with the anime when it starts.

I got bored and decided to try one piece again. God that art style gives me a headache.

The new fairytail anime is pretty cool, soul eater not has potential.

Last edited:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I kind of miss D-Frag! now that it's over. It was a lot better in retrospect, I think I gave it a 6 or something. Glad you're enjoying it, deadjames.

Since we're sharing again, here's my catalog of foreign animation.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Volunteer

I've been making some progress on that magical lesbian show lately. You guys know the one.

I got bored and decided to try one piece again. God that art style gives me a headache.
Peasant.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You know, if people weren't wanting the characters to be shipped with another so much, I would've guessed correctly.
You must have skipped over Madoka Magica and its three films under my completed anime. s'all good, old friend.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i have no idea how people have the motivation to update MAL

please dont bring up one piece again until you've actually gotten somewhere, and for god's sake don't ***** about it before you've done so, any complaints you have are sure to be petty and overly subjective

Top Bottom