• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

nessokman

Smash Lord
i have no idea how people have the motivation to update MAL

please dont bring up one piece again until you've actually gotten somewhere, and for god's sake don't ***** about it before you've done so, any complaints you have are sure to be petty and overly subjective
I'll mention it as much as I damn well please. Any opinions are subjective, even your "ermagerd one piece is awesome" opinion.

Anyone watched "the devil is a part-timer"?
I might be able to marathon it after my play tomorrow.

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I'll mention it as much as I damn well please. Any opinions are subjective, even your "ermagerd one piece is awesome" opinion.
playing the 'everyone's opinion is subjective' is only worthwhile if you can properly defend your opinion

your opinions were clearly shown to be overly biased and basically indefensible, and you failed to respond to like, all of my points against your arguments

thank you come again

nessokman

Smash Lord
playing the 'everyone's opinion is subjective' is only worthwhile if you can properly defend your opinion

your opinions were clearly shown to be overly biased and basically indefensible, and you failed to respond to like, all of my points against your arguments

thank you come again

I'm sorry, I didn't know that opinions had to be defended at all costs against someone clearly apposed to and just as biased the opposite way.

Thank you for teaching me the way, master!

There is no point arguing my points because your own bias bounces any of my points away.

Last edited:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've been meaning to ask, but is your location a supercell reference?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
yes, im surprised it survived the forum move

I'm sorry, I didn't know that opinions had to be made defended at all costs against someone clearly apposed to and just as biased the opposite way.
this is a forum

a forum is where you discuss and debate things

dont post provocative **** if you cant back it up, especially if said **** has already been firmly debunked without proper reply (what did you do again? say some **** about how FMA was a better epic than one piece? what a joke)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Since I've joined here, I've learned that people don't keep things to themselves a lot, which ends up with more things that should've been kept to themselves, but start a meaningless argument in the forums instead.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
yes, im surprised it survived the forum move

this is a forum

a forum is where you discuss and debate things

dont post provocative **** if you cant back it up, especially if said **** has already been firmly debunked without proper reply (what did you do again? say some **** about how FMA was a better epic than one piece? what a joke)
When did I say FMA is better? I simply say that I prefer its nice story, amazing characters, great art, and every other quality.

You didn't debunk what I said because what I said was an opinion that I myself hold. I can come up with a list of flaws and things that make me not like OP but your horribly biased opinion would "debunk" them.

To put it like soul eater, you move on in life and hold onto your own path, but you do so by rejecting any other, deeming it "stupid" or "worthless"

It may be a forum, but a forum is on the internet, and I can say what I want on the internet. You ant stop me from stating my opinion, an if you don't like it, leave.

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
there's a reason i stopped posting a lot once the main topics turned to things i dont need to butt in on

When did I say FMA is better? I simply say that I prefer its nice story, amazing characters, great art, and every other quality.
i said OP is the greatest epic shounen of all time, you decided to say DBZ and then FMA were better epic shounens, including insulting jabs about one piece being about a human condom

You didn't debunk what I said because what I said was an opinion that I myself hold. I can come up with a list of flaws and things that make me not like OP but your horribly biased opinion would "debunk" them.
this is called being a ****ing stubborn moron, and is the reason why bad politicians are almost universally hated

of course im biased, why else would i bother defending something i enjoy? it's the bias that pisses me off when an idiot like you drops sneaky lines about how you STILL CANT ****ING UNDERSTAND ONE PIECE'S POPULARITY when you HAVENT GOTTEN ANYWHERE IN THE SERIES

like, are you baiting me? surely you're not baiting me, if so then 8/10 gr8 b8 m8, but otherwise, have some goddamn shame

It may be a forum, but a forum is on the internet, and I can say what I want on the internet. You ant stop me from stating my opinion, an if you don't like it, leave.
no, i cant stop you, but i can make others see that your opinion sucks :)

Last edited:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Since I've joined here, I've learned that people don't keep things to themselves a lot, which ends up with more things that should've been kept to themselves, but start a meaningless argument in the forums instead.
I for one enjoy the slapfights in here. It's better than the place dying for weeks at a time and I like that asianaussie has actually seen more than 10 shows.

nessokman

Smash Lord
there's a reason i stopped posting a lot once the main topics turned to things i dont need to butt in on
i said OP is the greatest epic shounen of all time, you decided to say DBZ and then FMA were better epic shounens, including insulting jabs about one piece being about a human condom
I still say DBZ is the greatest of all time, it IS the series that everyone thinks about when they hear anime.

this is called being a ****ing stubborn moron, and is the reason why bad politicians are almost universally hated

of course im biased, why else would i bother defending something i enjoy? it's the bias that pisses me off when an idiot like you drops sneaky lines about how you STILL CANT ****ING UNDERSTAND ONE PIECE'S POPULARITY when you HAVENT GOTTEN ANYWHERE IN THE SERIES
And I'M the stubborn moron when this idiot can't respect someone else's OPINION. I said I don't like One Piece, you could have left it at that but you had to challenge it and decided fighting about my OPINION would change my mind or some ****.Dear god this is why I hate people, and why I say this world isn't worth saving.

opinion sucks :)
Much logic

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
they think about DBZ first because the current major western demographic that grew up with weekday morning shows watched DBZ, yugioh and pokemon first gen - please THINK about why things are how they are instead of just saying rebuttable points (and not responding to rebuttal)

And I'M the stubborn moron when this idiot can't respect someone else's OPINION. I said I don't like One Piece, you could have left it at that but you had to challenge it and decided fighting about my OPINION would change my mind or some ****.Dear god this is why I hate people, and why I say this world isn't worth saving.
you're a highschooler, you dont even know what people are like... and yeah you are the stubborn moron, if it was me then id be taking every chance i could to impose on you that one piece is a good piece of media, and guess what? i haven't, whereas you decide to namedrop one piece in a negative sense, knowing the kind of ****storm it would cause

Much logic
'vaccines cause autism' is an opinion, and science says it sucks ****

'hitler was right' is an opinion, and it social convention says it sucks all the ****

'one piece is a bad piece of shounen media' is an opinion, and critical acclaim and continual publication say it sucks a truck of ****

now, 'i hate one piece' is a different breed of opinion, and you're entitled to have it because it involves a lot of personal bias and stuff, but... it means you suck :)

Last edited:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
But DBZ is pretty bad and Dragon Ball is only decent. Influential and well-known doesn't necessarily mean the best. Sure it paved the way, but Oda perfected things. Read/watch on and you'll see. If the art bothers you so much, I'd love to see your reaction to Ping Pong.

nessokman

Smash Lord
they think about DBZ first because the current major western demographic that grew up with weekday morning shows watched DBZ, yugioh and pokemon first gen - please THINK about why things are how they are instead of just saying rebuttable points (and not responding to rebuttal)

you're a highschooler, you dont even know what people are like... and yeah you are the stubborn moron, if it was me then id be taking every chance i could to impose on you that one piece is a good piece of media, and guess what? i haven't, whereas you decide to namedrop one piece in a negative sense, knowing the kind of ****storm it would cause

'vaccines cause autism' is an opinion, and science says it sucks ****

'hitler was right' is an opinion, and it social convention says it sucks all the ****

'one piece is a bad piece of shounen media' is an opinion, and critical acclaim and continual publication say it sucks a truck of ****

now, 'i hate one piece' is a different breed of opinion, and you're entitled to have it because it involves a lot of personal bias and stuff, but... it means you suck :)
Lol highschoolers doesn't know how people are just makes you look idiotic, this highschooler has a job, as well as works with a community theatre. I deal with bigots and idiots all the damn time.

I said a fact: I tried one pure again today, the art gave me a headache. You could have just thought "oh well" but no, you put on your dumbass asianaussie cape and said I MUST DEFEND MY SERIES!

But DBZ is pretty bad and Dragon Ball is only decent. Influential and well-known doesn't necessarily mean the best. Sure it paved the way, but Oda perfected things. Read/watch on and you'll see. If the art bothers you so much, I'd love to see your reaction to Ping Pong.

That art is freaking beautiful. I'm going to watch it now.

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
no **** i have to defend it, otherwise kids who dont know better will become versions of you, where you feel you absolutely have to tell everybody you dont like one piece

no further comments on the highschooler thing, it's something you'll eventually realise i was right about when you have actual rights and responsibilities to others

if you're emancipated and self-sufficient, i apologise, but if that were the case, your continual need to ***** really, really doesnt add up

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You really should watch it, Ping Pong is actually great assuming you can get past the eccentric art style and lackluster animation. The character development rivals FernJay's. I don't even recognize him anymore, he's not the same goofball I came to love like 3 years ago.

nessokman

Smash Lord
You really should watch it, Ping Pong is actually great assuming you can get past the eccentric art style and lackluster animation. The character development rivals FernJay's. I don't even recognize him anymore, he's not the same goofball I came to love like 3 years ago.
Sounds fun, if nothing I can get a few laughs from the look of it.

I guess nobody has watched devil is a part-timer, I'll watch it and see if it's any good.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
But DBZ is pretty bad and Dragon Ball is only decent.
Literally the only problem with DBZ is the filler, but DBZ Kai fixes that, just saying. That said I probably wouldn't consider it the best shounen, my personal favorite is Beck.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Literally the only problem with DBZ is the filler, but DBZ Kai fixes that, just saying. That said I probably wouldn't consider it the best shounen, my personal favorite is Beck.
I enjoyed Kai and all, it's just... average by comparison to other shounen I've seen. The scale of the fights is pretty ridiculous, but that's a personal gripe and why I preferred the original Dragon Ball. Goku used to be a really endearing character and his playful innocence made for a lot of funny moments. He became really bland to me since the series focused so much on him training while everyone else stalls in Z. The other Z fighters are essentially worthless for as hard as they work with Yamcha being infamously bad. I wish they'd go into more detail about the general powers and such. The rest of my complaints are minor and didn't really inhibit my enjoyment. The actual combat isn't half bad, but aside from some entertaining fights, it doesn't offer much else in my opinion. I respect the series with the exception of the roflbad GT, but it's at best a stepping stone into the wonderful world of Chinese cartoons.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What specifically, just curious?
Hunter x Hunter, One Piece, JoJo, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hajime no Ippo. What I like about the others is that there's usually multiple objectives going on at once with larger subplots unfolding and all kinds of fights and strategy. That's not to say Z doesn't have elements of this, but the only memorable instance would be Namek. Even then, it was still a stallfest and plot is really linear for the most part. The objective is always clear and they rarely deviate from it.

*snickers.*

Smooth Criminal
water u laughin' at

nessokman

Smash Lord
I think I will try Hunter X Hunter, it sounds like a good series to start back watching anime on. I've been too busy for the last few months to watch very much.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I get that One Piece's art isn't for everyone, but headaches?

Man, I wish more series would put as much detail into each panel as OP does. But I love OP's art, it has a charm to it that works wonderfully with the tone of the series.

I think I will try Hunter X Hunter, it sounds like a good series to start back watching anime on. I've been too busy for the last few months to watch very much.
Yes, do this.

Just be warned that the opening arcs are kind of weak compared to what comes later, it becomes godlike once you get to the York Shin/York New arc.
And make sure it's the new anime you watch.

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
I get that One Piece's art isn't for everyone, but headaches?

Man, I wish more series would put as much detail into each panel as OP does. But I love OP's art, it has a charm to it that works wonderfully with the tone of the series.

Yes, do this.

Just be warned that the opening arcs are kind of weak compared to what comes later, it becomes godlike once you get to the York Shin/York New arc.
And make sure it's the new anime you watch.
I can stand weak arcs, I already know who is gonna be my favorite character starting off.

Be sure to watch the 1999 version first, which has 62 episodes.

The 2011 version is great, but it's ongoing.
I heard the 2011 covers all that is in the 1999 version, I was just going to watch it

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah I'd go with the the 2011 version instead. 1999 ends just after Yorknew and Greed Island is only covered in some OVAs. The remake keeps the train going all the way into the Chimera Ant arc and that's probably one of the better arcs you'll ever see in anime.

Is your favorite character already Killua?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I finished watching the last two episodes of D-Gray Man and I'm a bit disappointed because I thought there were 108 episodes, not 103 (I must have misread). Other than that, it was pretty good. Anyone have any suggestions for anime? I was planning on watching Fairy Tail, but now I'm not sure because of how many episodes there are.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
i usually do a tier list for the shows I watch during a season so right now for spring:

High-Tier
1. Nisekoi
2. No Game no Life
3. Nanana's Burried treasure

Mid-Tier
1. If Her Flag Breaks
2. Date A Live II
3. Love Love! School Idol Project Season 2

Low-Tier
1. Akuma no Riddle
2. Selector Infected WIXOSS

Also last school semester for my Creative Writing class we had to create a blog, so I of course chose one on anime. I might pick it back up again, I'm not too sure. Let me know what you think: http://christiansanimeblog.weebly.com/blog.html

Last edited:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I finished watching the last two episodes of D-Gray Man and I'm a bit disappointed because I thought there were 108 episodes, not 103 (I must have misread). Other than that, it was pretty good. Anyone have any suggestions for anime? I was planning on watching Fairy Tail, but now I'm not sure because of how many episodes there are.
You might like Steins;Gate. Fairy Tail is balls btw.

i usually do a tier list for the shows I watch during a season so right now for spring:

High-Tier
1. Nisekoi
2. No Game no Life
3. Nanana's Burried treasure

Mid-Tier
1. If Her Flag Breaks
2. Date A Live II
3. Love Love! School Idol Project Season 2

Low-Tier
1. Akuma no Riddle
2. Selector Infected WIXOSS
Golly, we're definitely split on the top shows. I have No Game No Life bordering on a 2. Banana's Buried Treasure's actually kind of good though. Here's mine.

1. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
2. Ping Pong The Animation
3. Isshuukan Friends.
4. Haikyuu!!
5. Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
6. Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka?
7. Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
8. Mushishi Zoku Shou
9. Mekakucity Actors
10. Black Bullet

And yes, Mushishi is that low. There's my controversial opinion of the day.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
You might like Steins;Gate. Fairy Tail is balls btw.
Just finished the first episode and it seems like a good show. The ending really got me into it. I have never heard someone say that something is balls, so I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Just finished the first episode and it seems like a good show. The ending really got me into it. I have never heard someone say that something is balls, so I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not.
Steins;Gate? If so, yeah it's near universally acclaimed. I thought it was decent though. And that's a bad thing, Fairy Tail is average at best.

The lack of Mushishi on those lists is disturbing ;)
It's on the list, just not very high. ;)

nessokman

Smash Lord
Steins;Gate? If so, yeah it's near universally acclaimed. I thought it was decent though. And that's a bad thing, Fairy Tail is average at best.

It's on the list, just not very high. ;)
The new fairytail series is a little bit above average, just on animation alone it is great. If only they had afferent writer, Hiro Mashima works hard, but he is bad at writing a cohesive story. He also throws out any and all character development.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
pop culture references and having themes a lot like another series should rarely (if ever) be reasons to praise something highly

not to say references arent enjoyable

Top Bottom