• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General anime thread/Anime (and manga) New OP,Edits Coming Soon!

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Watched Sailor Moon, kind of disappointed. Two 24 minute-long episodes A MONTH... original SM had one new ep. per week. I'm not 100% sure how filler-filled the original was, but it's gonna take a whole damn lot til the finale if they keep airing at that rate. I think I read somewhere that they're doing far less than 200 episodes? So not sure how that'll turn out.

Transformation CGI seemed kinda out of place, background art looked really nicely hand-drawn, so the transition to CGI was harsh imo.

I guess I should take this as a whole new series so to speak. I should stop comparing the two and enjoy it for what it is.

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
SAO 2: A Primer on Bringing Swords to Gunfights

Mahouka: A Dissertation of Absolute Tedium as a Requisite Facet of Gary Stus

barackobamon is possibly the best thing ive seen so far this season, though mc kind of does a 180 on personality

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I agree about Sailor Moon being something of a disappointment. I was never a fan of Usagi's voice actress and I was sad to hear her in Crystal. It would seem it's just getting 26 episodes so it'll be done with in a year. Truth be told, I'm kind of glad it's biweekly because I need my Sailor Moon in small doses.

SAO 2: A Primer on Bringing Swords to Gunfights

Mahouka: A Dissertation of Absolute Tedium as a Requisite Facet of Gary Stus

barackobamon is possibly the best thing ive seen so far this season, though mc kind of does a 180 on personality
Agreed on all counts, I think of Mahouka as Magical Incest: The Animation. It's a love that can never be thanks to Tatsuya attracting everyone and their mother.

Barakamon is my favorite so far with Hanayamata not far behind. No shame.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I'm looking for new anime to watch and or manga to read any suggestions?

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
gash bell I actually need to watch again watched that back when old Toonami was on. I'll probably give Gintama and kenichi a watch/read.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Gah, the Hunter x Hunter 2011 anime is so good right now.

Does anyone else watch it? If you do, what are some things you're expecting from these last few episodes? (Without spoilers please, I don't read the manga.)

nessokman

Smash Lord
Beautiful. I would like to get a new theme song, but they're probably going to keep that one as long as they can. (Similar to how One Piece does).

It also makes me sad to see how far they are, after this arc, the anime will probably end.(Probably pull a fairytail and come back when more chapters are out).

Depressing.....

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Beautiful. I would like to get a new theme song, but they're probably going to keep that one as long as they can. (Similar to how One Piece does). It also makes me sad to see how far they are, after this arc, the anime will probably end.(Probably pull a fairytail and come back when more chapters are out). Depressing.....
I know. That's why they made such a BOSS opening imo.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Maybe if Togashi will get working, the anime can take a short break, and then follow closely behind the manga.(I've heard one One Piece's anime stays really close)
I imagine Togashi is working feverishly right now to meet the demands of his fans. I believe that he took a long hiatus to recover, however also because he was lost in terms of which direction he could take the story. The Chimera Ants arc had a very philosophical backdrop that questioned human's inner darkness when contrasted with that of the Ants. The Election Arc has many things in it that counter the darkness and heavy feelings that ended with the Chimera Ant Arc, however creating this into the next big arc requires him to question whether he wants to throw in even bigger themes, set pieces, and questions about human life or whether he wants to move into an entirely different direction.

I personally am 100% fine with the Election arc being the final arc in the series. I simply chalked that up to the price of making a brilliant series without really caving into creating filler material or repeating elements from previous works i.e. YuYu Hakusho. I can see that fans are going to be deeply disappointed in the series because they have unreasonable expectations. I don't know when Togashi will crash, but I'm pretty confident that he will at some point because there is too much stress as there are not a lot of directions I feel that he can move in. Then again I am a fairly cynical person and would have never imagined for us to get more content in the first place.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Maybe if Togashi will get working, the anime can take a short break, and then follow closely behind the manga.(I've heard one One Piece's anime stays really close)
This would be amazing if they could pull it off. I honestly don't think I could be any happier than if this were to happen.

Though, like Acrostic said, we tend to have unreasonable expectations... it's hard to keep up with demand this size.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I imagine Togashi is working feverishly right now to meet the demands of his fans. I believe that he took a long hiatus to recover, however also because he was lost in terms of which direction he could take the story. The Chimera Ants arc had a very philosophical backdrop that questioned human's inner darkness when contrasted with that of the Ants. The Election Arc has many things in it that counter the darkness and heavy feelings that ended with the Chimera Ant Arc, however creating this into the next big arc requires him to question whether he wants to throw in even bigger themes, set pieces, and questions about human life or whether he wants to move into an entirely different direction.

I personally am 100% fine with the Election arc being the final arc in the series. I simply chalked that up to the price of making a brilliant series without really caving into creating filler material or repeating elements from previous works i.e. YuYu Hakusho. I can see that fans are going to be deeply disappointed in the series because they have unreasonable expectations. I don't know when Togashi will crash, but I'm pretty confident that he will at some point because there is too much stress as there are not a lot of directions I feel that he can move in. Then again I am a fairly cynical person and would have never imagined for us to get more content in the first place.
A filler arc for HxH wouldn't be bad. THey could revisit some old concepts such as the arena or revisiting old friends.

The dark continent has infinite possibilities, I could honestly see them taking more than 100 episodes on it.(Chimera ant was 60)
their world is on a freaking lake, the world is infinitely big, and full of danger.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
So, I got to the part where Luffy finally beats Enel and it seems that everyone who should have died is still alive. We have Wiper who used the reject dial twice, taken a huge electrical attack, and probably some other stuff I'm missing. We also have Conis' dad who somehow survived Enel's judgment along plus Kamikiri who tried to kill Enel within 5 minutes and took a major electrical attack (forgot how many volts). Is this a common thing in One Piece where it's impossible for characters to die no matter what happens to them?

Last edited:

nessokman

Smash Lord
So, I got to the part where Luffy finally beats Enel and it seems that everyone who should have died is still alive. We have Wiper who used the reject dial twice, taken a huge electrical attack, and probably some other stuff I'm missing. We also have Conis' dad who somehow survived Enel's judgment along plus Kamikiri who tried to kill Enel within 5 minutes and took a major electrical attack (forgot how many volts). Is this a common thing in One Piece where it's impossible for characters to die no matter what happens to them?
Yes.A lot of series almost never have characters die.One Piece will find a way to let the characters win.its the way it works...

I watched Tokyo Ghoul episodes one and two. After watching it, I realized that I haven't watched a good creepy, bloody, dark, and weird series in a long time.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's a pretty common joke that no one dies in One Piece outside of flashback, haha.
I personally think it tends to work, it allows Oda to reuse characters if he needs to(and Oda never forgets), and it fits the tone of OP imo. I also think it helps that the reveal that those minor arc-specific characters lived happens around the end of the arc, at which point who cares, their fake death served the same purpose a real death would have.
I do think Skypia pushed it a bit though. It's one of the weakest arcs in the series imo, good thing the next major arc is one of the best.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I won't spoil anything, but watching Akame ga Kill is going to be amusing because of those reasons after knowing what happens lol
S P O I L E R S
Predictable though. Most of the characters that are killed off don't really have deep personalities that would work in the long run. You have to objectively look at the personality of the character and figure how much sustainability it has in a manga about how people are changed from killing. Among the villains I would say that this is an even more obvious case especially with the ones being pedophiles / rapists. Desperate for an interim villain? Make him a rapist or someone who manipulates women.

Mahouka is still the greatest anime of all time.

It's impossibly clever how it can maintain being troll bait with a completely straight face.

Last edited:

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
Hmm so smashboards has an anime/manga thread... that's new...

Don't let my username fool you, I don't think SAO is the greatest anime ever or anything. I don't even know why I chose Kirito as my UN when I have other characters that I like equally if not more *cough*Kumagawa*cough*

So what anime are you guys watching this season? I'm watching SAO2, Tokyo Ghoul, Terror, and Akame. I've read the manga/LN for every anime I'm watching except terror so... yeah.

I'm a huge anime fan and an even bigger manga fan so I'll be frequenting this thread a lot.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
im watching barakamon, gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun, persona 4 again and ill begrudgingly watch sailor moon

mahouka and jojos are carryovers

and im watching rail wars and idk why

oh, i was going to watch jinsei but idk i think i just got fooled by the gjbu reference, i think ill take invaders of rokujouma as my **** show of the season

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

Don't let my username fool you, I don't think SAO is the greatest anime ever or anything. I don't even know why I chose Kirito as my UN when I have other characters that I like equally if not more *cough*Kumagawa*cough*

So what anime are you guys watching this season? I'm watching SAO2, Tokyo Ghoul, Terror, and Akame. I've read the manga/LN for every anime I'm watching except terror so... yeah.

I'm a huge anime fan and an even bigger manga fan so I'll be frequenting this thread a lot.
You can't fool me, Kirito. If that's true, what's your favorite anime and why is it Ping Pong The Animation?

I'm watching a ton, most of which are pretty good, but my favorites have been Barakamon, Hanayamata, Gekkan Shoujo Nozoki-kun, and Yama no Susume S2. Honorable mentions go out to Zankyou no Terror and Tokyo ESP.

im watching barakamon, gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun, persona 4 again and ill begrudgingly watch sailor moon

mahouka and jojos are carryovers

and im watching rail wars and idk why

oh, i was going to watch jinsei but idk i think i just got fooled by the gjbu reference, i think ill take invaders of rokujouma as my **** show of the season
The Mao figure in Jinsei caught my attention as well, but I was really bored the whole way through. It's pretty bad.

nessokman

Smash Lord

I'm just watching Tokyo Ghoul and Akamae, I plan on picking some other series. I hope to one day have a list where there is a new chapter/episode of one series every day of the week.

I keep getting delayed when I try to read magi. (Usually read 10 chapters from 1:00 AM-3:00 AM) but I fall asleep. I cannot read magi during the day, it isn't the same.

Last edited:

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
You can't fool me, Kirito. If that's true, what's your favorite anime and why is it Ping Pong The Animation?

I'm watching a ton, most of which are pretty good, but my favorites have been Barakamon, Hanayamata, Gekkan Shoujo Nozoki-kun, and Yama no Susume S2. Honorable mentions go out to Zankyou no Terror and Tokyo ESP.

The Mao figure in Jinsei caught my attention as well, but I was really bored the whole way through. It's pretty bad.
H-how did you know it was Ping Pong the Animation?
Seriously though... Hmm... Code Geass? Coybow Bebop? Legend of Legendary Heroes? Death Note? Madoka Magica? I actually have no idea what my favorite anime is.

Some of those I'm not watching/haven't seen. Which one would you say is the best from that list?

I'm just watching Tokyo Ghoul and Akamae, I plan on picking some other series. I hope to one day have a list where there is a new chapter/episode of one series every day of the week.

I keep getting delayed when I try to read magi. (Usually read 10 chapters from 1:00 AM-3:00 AM) but I fall asleep. I cannot read magi during the day, it isn't the same.
You're watching one of the anime I was most hyped about this season, Akame. If they follow the story of the manga then this will be a very good anime.

Manga/manhwa are my specialty. I can give you tons of recommendations but it doesn't seem like you have enough time to read any others. I usually read a couple of manga chapters everyday due to the sheer amount of mangas I'm following.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
H-how did you know it was Ping Pong the Animation?
Seriously though... Hmm... Code Geass? Coybow Bebop? Legend of Legendary Heroes? Death Note? Madoka Magica? I actually have no idea what my favorite anime is.

Some of those I'm not watching/haven't seen. Which one would you say is the best from that list?
Madoka Magica and Bebop are both acceptable substitutes. You should find a favorite some day.

Barakamon has been the best so far with Nozoki-kun not far behind. The rest are probably out of your comfort zone, but I eat, sleep, and breathe moe so they're good stuff.

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
Madoka Magica and Bebop are both acceptable substitutes. You should find a favorite some day.

Barakamon has been the best so far with Nozoki-kun not far behind. The rest are probably out of your comfort zone, but I eat, sleep, and breathe moe so they're good stuff.
I searched up Nozoki-kun since I never heard of it and I must say, they summary has me very intrigued. I'll read the manga since the OVA only has one episode.

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
I recommend Ambition of Oda Nobuna, great anime. Probably one of my favorites.
The anime was great but have you read the Light Novels? There are some differences between the anime and LN, and the LN does a better job at describing the world and what is going on.

I remember I used to consider Hataraku Maou-sama as one of my favs back in the day. The LN is amazing but hardly ever updates.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
ok so i have an animus tear list for the season now

i look forward to this tier:
nozaki-kun
barackobamon
evo top 8 vods
jojos
rokujou space invaders
persona 4 new game+

nothing better to watch tier:
sabagebu
akame ga kill
rail wars

i drop it every week tier:
ma'holy **** so much nothing'ka
jedi mind tricks 2
i hate usagi's voice gdi

i actually dropped it tier:
jinsei
glasslip
star driver movie because you ****ing tease why are you a recap

this season is surprisingly good after all the crap i said about it

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Mahouka is ingenious and everyone who thinks otherwise is clearly jealous because they aren't as talented as Tatsuya and will consequently be a villain character later on in their lives that will be apprehended by him.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
to be fair, his character role specifically has no emotions

as in, that is an aspect of his backstory

that still doesnt make it particularly excusable

Top Bottom