• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkslash

Smash Master
True, but the game kind of made you expect him to die, and then fooled into thinking he might not. He grew on me a lot more than the first Carmine.

He also got a "he's about to die" line right before he went, just like his brother.

"I can't believe we made it!"

People should learn not to say things like that...
Son we just crossed the street.

Yea so i played the original Gears of War(cogs lol) and it was fun. Of course it was hard to aim when you got guys screaming behind you. I just want to know if GoW2 feels and controls like Gears of War 1.

Plus EPIC games better make a good successor to UT 2k4. If any thing GoW shows these guys are still capable of making epic games.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
I heard that there were five ranks total in GOW 2, but I've never seen anyone who actually has a rank of 5. It looks like a platnimum star with eagle wings on either side of it. Just wondering if anyone has seen someone with this rank before, because I sure haven't.

Skler

Smash Master
I heard that there were five ranks total in GOW 2, but I've never seen anyone who actually has a rank of 5. It looks like a platnimum star with eagle wings on either side of it. Just wondering if anyone has seen someone with this rank before, because I sure haven't.
I saw it once, but you'll find that almost every high rank will leave just before the end of any game they're losing. Dark secrets!

My school is having a GoW (they didn't say if it was 2 or not, but I assume 2) 2v2 tournament. The prize is a $20 gift certificate to Best Buy (woooo?) but the top 3 teams go to some microsoft place in MA where the "real" tournament will be played. My school has roughly 1 gamer who isn't me in it, and that's my teammate.

He isn't a tourny*** like me but he's still good.

Our team is named "The Hello Kitty Sunshine Squad".

Edit: I liked the How It Ends trailer more because it just "fit" better. Mad World is an amazing song though.

Skler

Smash Master
If you quit your rank goes down, remember I told you that?
If that's really true then the tons of high ranks I see quitting out right before losing are being kind of silly. I played a wingman game last night where every rank 4 (except the guy who won) quit out before the end.

Maybe they just want to preserve their stats though, since your stats are unchanged if you leave.

Skler

Smash Master
My tournament today is Gears 1. They're raffling off a copy of Gears 2 at it. This confuses me, because anybody who would go to a Gears tournament should own Gears 2 by now.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Kinda surprised that there hasn't been a GoW social group in here yet, there is one for Halo 3, maybe there should be one for GoW. The only thing is that what would we name it? My ideas are:

-Team Carmine (Carmine ftw)
-The Theron Elites
- RAAMstein
-Gears of Smashboards
-Skorge of Smashboards

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
If you roll over a smoke grenade as Skorge, you die if the splash area hits you while rolling. Don't quote me on that though as this may have been a glitch that has been fixed already...

You can also blow people into the imulsion with smoke grenades on Ruins.
---
Team Carmine, please.

Skler

Smash Master
The Hello Kitty Sunshine Squad won the Gears tournament at UNH. Now on to the inter-school tourny...some time in the spring semester.

wtf!?

Edit: I've been killed by smokes as Skorge a few times due to some strange glitch where I bounce really high and end up dieing. Is Skorge really light or something!?

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
The Hello Kitty Sunshine Squad won the Gears tournament at UNH. Now on to the inter-school tourny...some time in the spring semester.

wtf!?

Edit: I've been killed by smokes as Skorge a few times due to some strange glitch where I bounce really high and end up dieing. Is Skorge really light or something!?
I've never heard of this glitch, and it's never happened to me because I'm rarely Skorge (Cyclops as Locust FTW) but I'm not surprised. Smoke Grenades are very powerful and have a crazy blast radius. I've been blown out of Ruins a few times, and once I even fell off of the second landing on the house in River.

Anyway, I'm up for a Gears social group. I don't really mind what you name it though, I'm up for anything.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Alright, so the new Gears of War 2 map pack called "Combustible" will set you back 800 microsoft points ($10) and will contain 3 new multiplayer maps: Flood, Gold Rush and Fuel Station.

http://kotaku.com/5109843/gears-of-war-2-map-pack-announced-launches-soon-update
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/14/gears-of-war-2-combustible-map-pack-available-3am-et-tonight/
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/12/15/gears-2-combustible-dlc-now-available/
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/12/14/vga-08-gears-of-war-2-combustible-map-pack/

And again, I'm going to wait until they all become free like I did with Gears 1. :)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The pricing of maps for Halo 3 is exactly the same, but I play that enough to warrant the purchase. Gears, not so much, so I'll be waiting until they're free.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I think the maps look great also, but I'm going to spend what little money I have on xmas gifts, and hopefully I'll get some MS points from my rents for xmas.

th0rn

Smash Lord
yeah, it's 4v4

Skler and I are in it with two of our friends... our first match is tonight ^_^

our record on gamebattles is 17-2 raaaaape

smashman90

Smash Lord
OMFG, I had to play a game of Guardian where it was 2 against 3 (me being on the 2 man team). My teammate left before the game then two of my opponents left making it a one on one match on Canals. The first thing I do is grab the sniper rifle and wait for the guy to come at me. The first time he went at me he was heading towards the way that my smoke grenade was hidden but I managed to snipe him before he could even reach my smoke grenade. So I won round 1, for round 2 it was a bit tougher. He got a lot closer to me than he did to round one but I still managed to headshot him. So I won rounds 1 and 2 without getting hurt at all. The third and final round was much more difficult, soon he started to camp back with his sniper and tried killing me. He managed to hit me about 2 or 3 times but couldn't kill me. I managed to bring him down but he managed to get back up. I finally managed to get another headshot in and I won. Most friggin' intense game of Gears 2 I've ever played. I 'bout soiled myself in that game. I might get the new map packs tomorrow assuming I can get the cash.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I've known about this pretty much since the game came out, and it really doesn't work on most of the walls they've shown, and it really ISNT game-breaking, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom