• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Hahaha. My favorite is when there's about three enemies left. You look out across the map, don't see anything. Then you see something skitter across the road between two cars. OH GOD ONLY TICKERS ARE LEFT!!!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
On my insane playthrough, I've noticed how glitchy the game can get. There were numerous times when enemies would freeze, or just awkwardly navigate their way into odd places, I.E. i had a ticker in Denizens go halfway up a ladder somehow?

And I had the grenade jump happen a few more times today.

Skler

Smash Master
I've done some pretty amazing grenade stunts, including double back/front flips from one grenade that exploded while I dove. I've also bounced really high a few times, bounces that would make me hit ceilings and such.

I love the physics in this game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I probably shouldn't play on Avalanche on horde mode because all i do is camp at that mortar/turret spawn place and they come up both sides and destroy me...

Skler

Smash Master
Tons of high ranks leave right before they lose so it doesn't affect their stats. Anyone else have this happen to them a lot?

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Easily my favorite game of the year. Easily. It even tops Spore. Everything from the gameplay to the storyline is just well done.

Though , if it wasn't for the fact that Starcraft 2 has been pushed back, that title might've been in danger.

As an aside note, does anyone else notice the huge amount of influence Starcraft has had on Gears, from the setting to individual units themselves? I haven't really met anyone who saw it as well.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Easily my favorite game of the year. Easily. It even tops Spore. Everything from the gameplay to the storyline is just well done.

Though , if it wasn't for the fact that Starcraft 2 has been pushed back, that title might've been in danger.

As an aside note, does anyone else notice the huge amount of influence Starcraft has had on Gears, from the setting to individual units themselves? They makers of Gears might be fans (or it might be thanks to Ghost's influence, even if it wasn't made) I haven't really met anyone who saw it as well.

Skler

Smash Master
The only thing that really struck me as similar between Gears and SC was the armor Cog soldiers wear. It looks an awful lot like marines. I don't really see many similarities between zerg and locust though, except that they tend to come from underground (zerg burrow and all that stuff) and they have a sort of hive mind thing going on.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I use ol' Carmine in multiplayer, and my friends always know when I'm chainsawing an enemy because they say they can hear Carmine having an orgasm. "AAAHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHH"

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I use ol' Carmine in multiplayer, and my friends always know when I'm chainsawing an enemy because they say they can hear Carmine having an orgasm. "AAAHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHH"
Yeah I use Carmine in Gears 1 too.

"[swear word] yeah!"

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
The sound he makes when you chainsaw someone. Simply hilarious. :laugh:
---
BTW, does anyone at all feel as if the multiplayer is unbalanced in a way or is it just me?

Chainsaws have like this vacuum radius that sucks you in...If you shoot them they can still come charging at you with that revving chainsaw. And I can never win chainsaw duels for some God forbidden reason... -_-

I understand that the two-piece method works but online throws my timing off on it slightly off, thus the chainsawing. >_>

Skler

Smash Master
I could give a thousand reasons Carmine is the coolest man to ever (not) exist. However I'll only give one, and I'm not even sure if he does it anymore.

"ERRRRRGH...SUCK IT! SUCK IT!"

The thing about him saying that is it takes about 10 seconds. 10 seconds of him talking about how the Locust should pleasure him orally because of how awesome his headshot was.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I like it how when you rev up your chain saw and if someone shoots you it doesnt go down and you still chain saw them. Cause last night when i was playing with some friends on canals, i saw a guy with a shotgun around the corner so i revved up my chainsaw, ran towards him and he blindfired shotguned me but my chainsaw didnt go down and i ended up chainsawing him. :)

And i finally lost my first chainsaw duel last night! I was dissapointed!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well they were using shotgun, and I've heard of Lancer. To youtube!

YouTube Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHB2AbPQE_s
yup. lol

Meatshield + anyweapon:
Down an enemy, equip pistol, face away from downed enemy while the meat shield prompt still appears on your screen, and quickly slide from B->A while simultaneously pressing the direction of the weapon you want.

Boomshield + anyweapon:
Don't need to face away, same thing only instead of B->A you are pressing B->X while simultaneously pressing a direction on the pad to select your weapon.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
This is actually a life saver with Campaign on Insane. Especially when you pair it with the Hammer of Dawn in Act 5.

Other than this and Horde though, using the shield glitch will most likely get you reported. A lot.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah, I plan on using it in horde, but never in matchmaking.

At least skywalking is for the most part as stupid as climbing up that rock formation to get on top of the structur between the beach and the rest of the level at Last Resort in Halo 3. Sure, if you're handy with the sniper/whatever weapon you have you might pick up a couople kills, but it's more vulnerable than most people apparently think.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Just finished story mode this weekend. Best storyline I've seen in a while. They really made you connect with the characters.

Maria, Tai, and Carmine. All of them got a gut-wrench from me... And we have two more Carmines to go through (the series has been confirmed to be a four part series, and Carmine has two brothers...). I get the feeling each Carmine is going to survive longer and longer, and be more important, before dying.

And ****, that Maria part was just... You could tell that something was wrong when the moment came out perfect, and it just went down so sadly.

Now that's good writing. And don't get me started on the graphics and level design.

I had no idea about that glitch though. Luckily I usually play with people who love the game too much to do something like that in multiplayer. About the chainsaw issue, I noticed that the chainsaw does't go down when you get shot, which made me kind of regret getting a kill by making a stupid mistake when I should've been punished for it... But it's mostly because some of the other weapons have been toned down (which was a good idea, annihilating people with the shotgun may have been fun, but I can understand why it would need to be toned town), which had the unfortunate side effect of letting people overuse the chainsaw because they can constantly run up on people and chainsaw with less danger.

Skler

Smash Master
The first Carmine died in a rather hilarious fashion.

"There's something wrong with this thing...it keeps jamming...see?"

Pop!

And thusly the legend of Carmine the God Warrior was born.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I laughed at Carmine, I'll be honest.

What a goofy way to die.
True, but the game kind of made you expect him to die, and then fooled into thinking he might not. He grew on me a lot more than the first Carmine.

He also got a "he's about to die" line right before he went, just like his brother.

"I can't believe we made it!"

People should learn not to say things like that...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
True, but the game kind of made you expect him to die, and then fooled into thinking he might not. He grew on me a lot more than the first Carmine.

He also got a "he's about to die" line right before he went, just like his brother.

He jinxed it. He should have hung on and he might have lived longer.

Skler

Smash Master
This Carmine was like a little brother to delta, one who they constantly tried to ditch and made fun of.

The helmet burn Dom had on him was amazing.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This Carmine was like a little brother to delta, one who they constantly tried to ditch and made fun of.

The helmet burn Dom had on him was amazing.
Did Dom say something like "Yeah, well with a helmet like that, you can't see snipers".

I was like "OWNED!!!!" when i heard Dom say that.

"He died a hero!" "Yeah...sure..."

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I haven't played GoW, so I can't say much about the game.

But I freakin' love the trailer's song. "How it ends" by DeVotchka. Such a good song.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion

True he had a weird infallibility up until he died. He did some pretty stupid stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom