• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & NLL Present: K.U.B. - Road to Apex Qualifier. FREE Apex Entry for 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exdeath

Smash Master
8Bitman vs. Viper was by far the hypest time out that I've ever seen. That it also poses an interesting question for the rule set is a bonus.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
It definitely was a good set, and congratulations to Viper for clutching it out, but by all technicalities, 8bitman should have won since the rules state the "limit" is 50 edgegrabs. That means he's able to perform as many edge grabs as he can up to that number in particular. If he had gone 1 more, he would've exceeded the limit thus resulting in the loss. Just something to take note of next time something like this happens.

But yo, real talk, what are the chances that he gets EXACTLY 50 edge grab limits? **** was nuts.

Masky

Smash Master
^ yeah 8bitman should have been awarded the win.

(PS 8bitman I got revenge for you by timing out Viper in a MM ;) )

8Bitman

Smash Master
Hunter's argument comparing it to a speed limit, logic, is correct.

ALSO, another example, the character limit on Smash World Forums, You must post at least 10 characters.

It can be the MINIMAL NUMBER, or the MAXIMUM NUMBER.

I'm just mad I didn't argue it... 8Bit OBV > Viper.... If I TECHNICALLY won against your Falco, AS R.O.B, 8Bit > Viper...

Tough Life...

Exdeath

Smash Master
Ultimately, 50 is an arbitrary number and it was the TOs decision. I feel that GDX made the right decision because it discourages ledge camping, and I feel that ledge camping is unhealthy for the community.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I thought the limit was 40, but I guess that only applies in the URC.

Or I just misread the ruleset.

Edit---

Yup, I misread the ruleset.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
*cough* I think ledge camping should be encouraged :x If you don't get over 100 ledge grabs you're doing something wrong.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Hunter's argument comparing it to a speed limit, logic, is correct.

ALSO, another example, the character limit on Smash World Forums, You must post at least 10 characters.

It can be the MINIMAL NUMBER, or the MAXIMUM NUMBER.

I'm just mad I didn't argue it... 8Bit OBV > Viper.... If I TECHNICALLY won against your Falco, AS R.O.B, 8Bit > Viper...

Tough Life...
First of all i 2 stocked you game one. It was easy. you got out played g1.

The last 2 games when you had 99 ledge grabs 49-50 on each game. Yeah you deserved to lose. Having to play like that is ludicrous imo. It was a good set take the loss and move on.

You had your chances to win the set and you blew it. I was forced to recover and you missed a game winning punish g3.

How you can honestly say with out a doubt that you are better then me which your not. is beyond me i 2 stocked you g1 on BF take the lost learn from it move on.

It was a good set i enjoyed it win or lose. No need to act like i cheated you.

MVD

Smash Master
First of all i 2 stocked you game one. It was easy. you got out played g1.

The last 2 games when you had 100 ledge grabs 50 on each game. Yeah you deserved to lose. Having to play like that is ludicrous imo. It was a good set take the loss and move on.

You had your chances to win the set and you blew it. I was forced to recover and you missed a game winning punish g3.

How you can honestly say with out a doubt that you are better then me which your not. is beyond me i 2 stocked you g1 on BF take the lost learn from it move on.

It was a good set i enjoyed it win or lose. No need to act like i cheated you.
No no he had 49 and 50 the last two so it was 99 ledge grabs, and that's the MU so deal with it lol he did get cheated, but yes it sucks that it happened but oh well that's how some ppl have to play

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
This is why I'm bad at this game. Thankfully, there are no ledges in Marvel. Only lifebars.
Pretty much. same for AE.

I made the call, which had to be made on the spot. No matter which way I called it, someone was going to be mad, and it was a call that could not me changed once made.

So if any of the parties involved want to be mad at me, thats fine. I'm just saying you shouldn't have let it come down to a ledge grab limit and won/loss before that happened. I've always interpreted the rules as a limit being exclusive. Sure a speeding limit, is inclusive, meaning the top number is within the parameter of the rules, but setting a limit for a loop in programming is naturally exclusive, unless you manually make it inclusive.

So using the "speed limit" logic is just as pointless as me using "programming logic". Both sides can be valid depending on what the person wants to argue. Bottom line, I made the call and I stick by it. I could personally care less who won between those two so it wasn't like I wanted either one in particular to win

MVD

Smash Master
Pretty much. same for AE.

I made the call, which had to be made on the spot. No matter which way I called it, someone was going to be mad, and it was a call that could not me changed once made.

So if any of the parties involved want to be mad at me, thats fine. I'm just saying you shouldn't have let it come down to a ledge grab limit and won/loss before that happened. I've always interpreted the rules as a limit being exclusive. Sure a speeding limit, is inclusive, meaning the top number is within the parameter of the rules, but setting a limit for a loop in programming is naturally exclusive, unless you manually make it inclusive.

So using the "speed limit" logic is just as pointless as me using "programming logic". Both sides can be valid depending on what the person wants to argue. Bottom line, I made the call and I stick by it. I could personally care less who won between those two so it wasn't like I wanted either one in particular to win
Only.issue is the rule allows 50, I ain't mad at you cause in the end you made the whole tournament happen, and we all make.mistakes sometimes, it ain't a big deal, I just didn't like how viper posted a few posts back is all.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I'm not even on the PR bro, calm down.... Go win a PR match or something, oh wait...

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I'm not even on the PR bro, calm down.... Go win a PR match or something, oh wait...
Why are you being a goddamn immature ****?

You played the way you did, causing your ledge grab limits to reach the limit. It was in your control, you made the choices. This is where it got you. Deal with it. Ever since the match you've been such a taunting little prick and it's so low and no one thinks its funny, nor is it respectable.

MVD

Smash Master

You played the way you did, causing your ledge grab limits to reach the limit. It was in your control, you made the choices. This is where it got you. Deal with it. Ever since the match you've been such a taunting little prick and it's so low and no one thinks its funny, nor is it respectable.
It's all fair tho, that option is there and it was his safest in most of the situations, so hush you :3

DFEAR

Smash Hero

i think its hysterical and i respect it 110%

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
It's all fair tho, that option is there and it was his safest in most of the situations, so hush you :3

Of course it's safe, there's a limit for a reason lol. Regardless of if it was his safest options or not, he played like that and this **** is the result of it...

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
He's playing a character who loses terribly to Falco and the best option at the time was to ledgecamp until he found an appropriate time to approach..... Which was almost never since Falco is busy shooting lasers, thus, greatly hindering ROB's approach. I'm sure if any of you were in this situation, you'd do the same, and would definitely be upset if you found out you were ROBbed a win. 8bitman's probably not handling it "maturely", but I can understand the disappointment.

MVD

Smash Master
So yall are gonna tell me you wouldn't be mega pissed if you were given a loss for a match you actually won? Like its his first CFL tournament and its an apex qualifier, he has every right to be mad, so let.him vent and act how he chooses, everyone can be immature once in a while so **** yall

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't have any idea how the match up works, but rob has a good air game, has he not?

There's also shield if you don't care much about being pressured a wee bit.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher

Yep, the option was there.

The option was also not there. If he considered that, there would be no rule violations.

I don't care about the decision quite frankly, I just hate when one of my buddies gets immature **** because his opponent is a sore loser.

I don't have any idea how the match up works, but rob has a good air game, has he not?

There's also shield of you don't care much about being pressured a wee bit.
Lol...please don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom