• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & Next Level Lan Present: K.U.B. Weekly Smashfests, next on: 11/04/11

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ey guys this is next weekend. time just flies by :awesome:

lets get this hyped up. as a re-announcement, if there are 8 or more interested in a tourney I'll do one at 9pm that particular Friday for $1-5 (thats either 8 singles, or 8 separate teams, or at least 4 teams round robin for the pot, etc)

Ill supply 1 brawl and one AE/3SO setup, for those who play. Please brings setups, and also bring any extension cables/power strips. Any would be useful

I personally wont be at the venue until 8:30pm due to work so from 7-8:30 you guys be good and be helpful to any new players and have fun in the back room

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Just one quick thing to note, if you plan to have tourneys at these, I think you should make them different every week.

Guard Crush, a popular SSFIV/MvC3 weekly in New York, holds a different event each week. Singles one week and 2v2s (either Standard Style or SBO/Togeki Style).

With Brawl, we are not limited to anything so we can keep these weeklies from running stale. Other than the obvious Singles and Standard Doubles, we can also do an SBO style for Doubles.

SBO Style
- Teams are delegated to Players A and B; can be designated before each match
- Players A from each team faceoff in the first match
- Players B from each team faceoff in the second match
- If Players A and B from one team win both their matches, they win the set (assuming Best of 3)
- If Player A from one team and Player B from the other team win their matches, they face off in third/final game (assuming Best of 3)
- Characters are locked

IIRC, SBO doesn't use a Best of 5 for finals but I'll check up on that. The uniqueness about SBO style is that it's singles but you can still have team synergy to counter your hard matchups.

In my opinion, we can use Standard Doubles and SBO-Style Doubles paired with Random (Partner, not random character select) versions of both to keep things fresh.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Neat idea David you can help me run it until I fully understand what language you're talking lol

And yes I will do a tourney if there are 8 or more interested. Payout is top 5 unless its under 16

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Definitely sounds cool.

Anyone able to give me a ride to this?

Live on campus but mink isn't going :(

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
someone bring a HDMI cable if they have one. I will arrive at 8:30

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Yeah I need a ride along with Kuro, I mean I CAN walk but itll take about a 83 minutes and 45 seconds =[

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Mike.
What time you wanna go to da club?
Also, i may stop by here so i can school with my new and improved ganon.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
nvm this time ill be there on time, aka 7 :laugh:

but the future i will arrive at 8:30, due to work

btw, Ill post about the special event happening at next weeks KUB

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
No way I'm going. Traffic's bad, there are storms out there, and there are tons of accidents.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
im not going today gallax sorry man no money. ill def go next week. but i have no ride to this so dont expect me for awhile

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Thanks for everyone that came out. We ended up doing random partner dubs:

1. Dtorr & gindler
2. Walnut & xdeath
3. 2djeff & ruuku
4. Hrnut + preston
5. Kuro + jt
5. Diego + Joe

Next week will have random singles starting at 9. Signups start when I arrive 8:30. Prizes will go to top 3:

1st place - free entry to 9/17 NLL singles
2nd place - $10 towards NLL singles entry
3rd place - $5 towards NLL singles entry

If you can't attend the tourney I will pay for you hours for the computer for the same amount of money. You could also give your prize to someone else

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Gindler, ur coming with us next time. Lol. Im gonna be going down south with mink this weekend.
Goddamn right. We're going to have a blasty blast.
I'm excited to whip out my pocket sonic's on some scrubs and make money :D

specifically Abscent.

My :sonic: want his :diddy: 's money.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
KUB for today has been cancelled as I have some other things to take care of. Will resume next Friday, September 30th

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If there's enough interest ill always do a free/low entry tourney

Ill also always bring AE since I have it for PC

Inu_Yasha

Smash Cadet
Damn I hadn't heard about this until today. I'd like to come to some of these, maybe not every week because I don't have a car and I don't want to make my roommate drive me 30 minutes to drop me off somewhere, but I'll definitely try to make some of these.

/excited

Edit: Definitely not this week though, I have stuffs to do

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
just as a reminder for the fest Friday night

the official times have changed from 8-midnight. I'll still arrive around 8:30pm

And If i do a free tourney, or small entry fee it will most likely be dubs again. OR we can do both dubs/singles

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Announcement: KUB will be postponed the next two weeks (10/14 and 10/21) and will resume on 10/28.

In the meantime are there any other dates you guys feel would garner higher attendance than Friday night? If you have any other date ideas please let me know for possible changes for post-October KUB

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Okay.

Well, smashfest at my place tomorrow night then.

I wanna get dubs practice.
Maybe i'll have a small dubs tourney.
Anyone down?

edit:
I'm housing Gville.
So it's going to be,

Me.
Kuro.
Gallax
Jelly
Ryo
DewDaDash
Masky
you?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I get out of class around 8:30. So around 8:45 or 9 is cool with me. I can leave Kuro at my place incase anyone wants to come earlier.

Top Bottom