• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & Next Level Lan Present: K.U.B. - 5 Dollar Footdives 5/19/12

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
-= GDX and Next Level Lan Presents =-​

Kid, UR Bad: 5 Dollar Footdives Edition
(aka KUB)

5 Dollar Footdives?

This is a new tourney idea I've come up with to see how it works out. There is a lack of activity for brawl in CFL in general, and lack of cheap, credible tourneys in the FGC community. This series will attempt to combine them into a full day of fighting game fun and salt for everyone. Building the community, having fun, hyping dumb matches of games you may not even play, its what this tourney and competitive fighting games are all about.

Every 5 dollar footdives tourney will have 5 events. Four of the events will always be (obviously):

Brawl Doubles
Brawl Singles
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
AE v2012 (Street Figher x Tekken singles/doubles will be in its place until EVO has passed)

The other events will change every month. It will not always be a fighting game, as it can be a random fun game too. Sometimes the event will have entry, sometimes it will be free with prizes:

May Cycled Event: $5 Soul Calibur 5/$5 AE2012 (no SFxT at all)
June Cycled Event: $5 KOFXIII
July Cycled event: $5 SKullgirls

5 Dollar Footdives Pre-reg will be available starting 4/28

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFEyZ1lYcVVzOFg0NElvV05qV0lLelE6MQ#gid=0

Location & Time:

Venue opens: 11AM

Registration for every game will end 15 minutes before Brawl doubles, and 30 minutes before all other events. Things will actually start on time (or as close to humanly possible on time as a videogame tournament can be). If you do not think you will get here before registration ends for a game, have someone sign you up, or let me know well before the time limit so I can put you in myself.

Start Times:
Brawl Doubles: 12pm noon
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: 2pm
Brawl Singles & Soul Calibur V: 4pm
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition: 6pm

At 8pm, we will start every individual game semis/finals. Every game will be played down to top 4-6 (depending on time constraints), which will then be saved for the finals section.

Next Level Lan
University Corporate Center
6947 Univeristy Blvd.
Winter Park, FL 32792
407-923-5883

NLL is in the middle of the chain of businesses with the big "X" on the banner of the store. Just check where a bunch of cars are. Parking allowed in rear (lol).

Coming off 417 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.
Go straight down university heading for Full Sail. NLL is in the plaza on the right side of the street at the intersection of University Blvd and Forsyth Trail.

Coming off 408 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida - You stay on 408 till it literally turns into Challenger Parkway. Stay on Challenger Parkway until you reach the intersection of Challenger and Alafaya Tr.

Hang a right on Alafaya Tr.

Contiune on Alafaya Tr. until you reach the intersection of University and Alafaya. Turn left here and go down University until you reach the same area described in the 408 directions.

See Next Level LAN website at www.NextLevelLAN.com

Food:

Snacks and Food Available for Purchase at Next Level LAN (stock permitting)

- Pepsi Products (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Teas, Juices, and more)
- Monster
- Vitamin Water
- Starbucks Frapachinos
- Chips (Lays Products)
- Candy (Lots of different Candy Bars, Airheads, etc etc)
- Moon pies, brownies, Etc.
- THERE IS A DRINKING FOUNTAIN.

Also located near our Plaza is:

Burger King
Pollo Tropical
Dunkin Doughnuts
Perkins
Taco Bell
McDonald's
Orlando Alehouse
Chinese food
Steak n Shake
...and more

Yes, you are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the store. Just dispose of it!

Cost:

Being 5 Dollar Footdives, you can imagine that everything is $5 each:

Door Fee: $5
Brawl Singles: $5
Brawl Doubles: $5
Soul Calibur V: $5
UMVC3: $5
Arcade Edition v2012: $5

For any singles event, if there are 20 or more entrants, payout percentages are as follows:
Singles Payouts A: 45/20/15/10/5/5
If there are 12-19 or less entrants, payout percentages are as follows:
Singles Payouts B: 50/25/15/10
If there are 8 or less, payouts will be 60/30/10

For Brawl & SFxT doubles, anything over 8 teams will have the payout percentages:
Doubles Payouts A: 50/25/15/10
For Brawl & SFxT doubles, for 7 teams or less:
Doubles Payouts B: 65/35

100% of the pot will go back out to the players. Absolutely no pot **** of any kind. You pay the door fee once, no matter how many games you enter. Spectating is free, but friendlies/casuals will always have to be stopped immediately for tourney matches when necessary

If you would like to play on the PCs within the computer portion of NLL, you will still have to pay for hours.

Rules:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

BRAWL RULES:
Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the finals best 3 out of 5.

This will be Unity Ruleset (aka MK banned) with the Apex Stagelist

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Pokemon Stadium 1

FGC Games General Rules:
All matches are Double Elimination, best 2 out of 3 matches
Pool play will be incorporated for any tournament with more than 128 entries
You may request Blind Pick
No turbo buttons allowed for any games
This is a BYOC (bring your own controller/converter or joystick) event
Equipment malfunctions that pause/reset matches may result in game/match losses at the discretion of the tournament director
All dipswitch settings set to default when applicable
Finals are all 3 out of 5 matches
All FGC games for all weeks will be played on XBOX 360

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3:
Galactus Mode is banned from tournament play
No game breaking glitches allowed
Winner keeps same starting character, but can switch order of assists
You may not use the same character twice on the same team
Random stage selection unless both players agree on a stage
All characters are tournament legal, including Jill and Shuma Gorath

Soul Calibur V:
Soul of Devil Jin is banned. Stage selection is random.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Version 2012:
Default settings. 2 out of 3 games. At either player’s request, matches will be played on the training stage. This request must be made before the match starts. Loser may change character/ultra. Winner may change ultra after the loser changes characters, but before he selects his ultra.

setups:

Setups are definitely going to be necessary. I am able to provide a full setup for XBOX 360 and Wii. We need 6 setups at the minimum per game. If you have a setup, or at least part of a setup, please bring it. Next Level Lan has some CRT tvs that aren't being used, so bring everything you can. I will have a disc of every game aside from the single consoles as well. This being Florida, I can imagine the 360 setups are much easier to produce.

For those who do bring a full setup for any game (tv/monitor and system), you will get free door fee for the first 6 FULL 360 SETUPS and 6 FULL WII SETUPS (tv/xbox or wii/game disc. If you happen to bring one of each full setup, you can get free entry into a game as well

Misc Notes:
I will be putting the brackets on paper for every game. If someone could assist me with running a bracket for a game I may either not play, or may be busy with something else, it would be greatly appreciated.

I only ask that you commentate a game to where you could do serious commentary if you HAD to (aka you play the game). Aside from that, just bring hype to the commentary and I'm good. This isn't E-sports style

Any questions/comments/concerns feel free to post in here or AIM me at GameDragonX. If you get lost you can give me a call at 863-934-2355. you can also hit me up on Facebook under Keith Kelly

Also join the facebook event as well: http://www.facebook.com/events/179410898847506/
and join the CFL Smashers facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/192371940793107 and/or the Orlando Fighting Game Community Group (ask for invite) http://www.facebook.com/groups/173259156033912

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Cue the dancing kakapos!

Hold on. I'm going to launch toward this like a missile.

An MP3-player missile.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
I'm really fired up for this one... After the way i lost and my placing from last time, I know I have to put in twice.... no.... THRICE the effort that I would usually put in. I lost to KDB in both events, mainly because i never prepared myself for actually facing him in a tourney somehow mindlessly assuming that we'd never meet in a tourney, and so me losing to him normally wouldn't matter. I was wrong, because I could have possibly played everyone in poinciana in the bracket just like kdb did, meaning there's a lot of people and characters I'm not paying attention to.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Nay, thrice is not enough. You will need FOURICE. Or something.

There were quite a few Kirbys present, including KBD, me, retro, and vinyl. So if its the character youre worried about, its not just poinciana lol.

:phone:

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
Wumbo I swear I did not see u at all last tourney om glad to see more kirby's tho I was feeling like the only kirby on FL for a while lol

@pie your going to have to learn the kirby mu but playing patiently isnt going to be enough which u saw after being timed out (sorry) your going to have to learn to space better and break habits you have

And I hope never to face u in bracket again lol

:phone:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
another one? definitely going to to try and go. sensei and i need to team up. plus i want to go further in the tourney. i just hope i dont get up against a snake or marth on my 1st match again...

B_AWAL

Smash Master
ED! I'm sending u GiJews # so bring him!!!

I'm so coming 2 this!!!

& I'm bringing Chess, Calvo, My GF n prob MrFTW

:sonic:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i hope everyone comes for everything :laugh:

im pretty hyped to have two high quality games such as SCV and AE at the same time again

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
speaking of pikachu, i need to try to pick him up, in case of those pesky snakes, lol.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I can't come to this, either. I've got another charity event coming up.

Top Bottom