• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gathering of the Brethren I: The Last Best Hope of NC Smash, May 22nd

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If you say so, PP.

I was here before you, and I'll be here when you leave.

. . .

Wait that doesn't sound as good as I thought it would . . .

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hmmmm....well I'll see what I can do. I can't switch to up for jump because then switching back for regular jumping would be hard to adjust to on the fly.

I'll figure it out though.

lord karn

Smash Master
I basically just jump out of shine with analog, that's all I use it for. It's not that hard to get used to.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Funny story, I tried to do it today just playing around. It's funny because I have basically no techskill and have never played spacies.

DJRome

Smash Hero
dude pp, i already told u this many times before. just slide from x to b across a. it's perfect. :)

lord karn

Smash Master
nah, when he backairs there is just a wall of hitbox in front of his crotch

I like crotchguarding with shine stall to crotch-bair against a firefox, or sometimes even, a firebird

null55

Smash Master
i'm not a troll either......

at least i don't mean to be. ;-;

EDIT: lol duh Falco is black. he's either black or one of those bad *** mixes that makes you go :love: even if ur not gay imnotgay*runs*

lord karn

Smash Master
i'm not a troll either......

at least i don't mean to be. ;-;

EDIT: lol duh Falco is black. he's either black or one of those bad *** mixes that makes you go :love: even if ur not gay imnotgay*runs*
like the mix of a native american and a russian

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
dude pp, i already told u this many times before. just slide from x to b across a. it's perfect. :)
that!

even though the most i ever multishined was 3.... which is only just good enough to call it a multishine

basically i go ****ing ape**** on x and b while holding down, just claw the controller when you attempt it, switch ya stile up

and i dont seee how in the **** karn does it with analog... omg

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Y to B is faster than X to B, and more practical than using the analog stick to jump. I think that's just a bad, bad accident waiting to happen. Way to much going on to even think about wanting to use the analog stick for anything shine related.

null55

Smash Master
^2nd'd

@Karn: ROFL. NO JOKE EXACTLY.

yo i'm 1/33rd Russian btw :embarrass

actually i think some Russian dude just owned my great great grandad or something.

they mighta ****ed though.

aw hell ya.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
but DH, you're forgetting that some people like the analog stick better than the buttons.
Can't see why. It's not my fault people can't get rid of bad habits.

The only time I ever use the analog stick to jump is as a "fail-safe"; as in I jump with both Y and the analog stick just in case since I press Y too fast for my own good to transition to a different input, but that's Melee for you.

That being said, I never use the analog stick for shine tricks.

lord karn

Smash Master
I mean, in either case you have to move one finger from position a to position b really fast. The distance is similar. Theoretically, it's best to claw, so you can use separate fingers to maximize speed, but I'm not going to learn that because it's hard.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Some people =/= you
No ****, not my point.

Y is the best option to use when jumping no matter what character, it's a fact. X, theoretically, is an obsolete button in Smash. (I just happened to jump with the Y button before I knew about competitive play.) Jumping with Y gives you a triangle to use with A and B, giving your thumb the ability to hover all three buttons and react quicker than if X was being used. That being said, Y is also the most practical option to use during shine tricks since it's the closest to B and A isn't in your way. But excuse me for sharing some personal experience to help explain what I'm trying to say, Kevin. I forgot that only people who aren't Dark Hart are allowed to post.

Top Bottom