• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gathering of the Brethren I: The Last Best Hope of NC Smash, May 22nd

lord karn

Smash Master
But. . . if you use analog you're using a different finger than you use for attacks all together, meaning if your timing is good enough you can press the buttons a frame apart.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
@ Karn: Double shining with the analog means you shine (down) jump (up) and then shine again (down) within 8-9 frames. Now let's factor in the times where Fox and Falco aren't standing still, since they run a lot (left and right). Using the analog stick for mobility and jumping is just not smart.

Edit: @ Moo - I'm poor, I'll do $1, maybe two...

@ Kevin - I feel like I have to explain myself to people, get over it. Why do you always just put me down like that?

lord karn

Smash Master
I'm only counting it as two inputs up and down because the time between double shines is large enough that it is not difficult to move that fast. The hard part is inputting the jump the first frame after the shine. After the jump you have jump startup to get to the down on analog, which isn't hard speedwise at all.

Out of a run you would have to shine before the jump anyways, so either way you're still using the analog when it isn't at neutral position. Unless your talking about jcing your shines out of initial dash, which is really useful, then the neutral position argument doesn't work.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
It's just so unnecessary to use the analog stick for jumping in general. I tried to explain it but I failed. Probably why I haven't gotten better at this game since July '08, and I sucked then.

lord karn

Smash Master
Well, it's not unnecessary if it's just as easy for certain inputs. The inputs it's just as easy for involve shines, so that i can have two different fingers doing different buttons.

We should all just learn to claw.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Analog stick is so much harder lol just press B and Y and B and Y; it frees your left thumb from ****ing up with all the unnecessary movement.

I can only claw with Peach, and even then it's only a right-hand claw and that's only like 40% of the time for 70% of my FC aerials...

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I don't know how people so anything shine or jump related with the analog.

@ Moo - I'm poor, I couldn't accept your mm if i wanted too. I'm cool with $1-2 though

Top Bottom