• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Gardevoir~ Most Awesome Shield-Caster Ever. Or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Lucario has his own movie plus is a highly used Pokemon.

Plus his trainer has a cameo in D/P and that trainer uses Lucario as well as giving you the Riolu egg.

How's that random? o.O

Fawriel

Smash Master
Gardevoir had an important role in a spin-off and is even more highly used for being similar to Alakazam but less fragile.

Plus, in RSE, your real rival's main Pokemon ends up being a Gardevoir, which also gives it a sort of symbolical significance as a symbol of the growth of the frail little Wally to a strong person.

Random?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Gardevoir had an important role in a spin-off and is even more highly used for being similar to Alakazam but less fragile.

Plus, in RSE, your real rival's main Pokemon ends up being a Gardevoir, which also gives it a sort of symbolical significance as a symbol of the growth of the frail little Wally to a strong person.

Random?
lol, keep telling urself gardevoir will be playable>_>

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
If anyone had really read the topic and the replies, they would know that the people for Gardevoir are Hoping she'll be in Brawl, not really insisting that she'll be a playable character.

Sheesh :ohwell:

Fawriel

Smash Master
lol, keep telling urself gardevoir will be playable>_>
Theres no excuse for Gardevoir not to be in Brawl.

Sakurai is crazy if he doest put Gardevoir in

Actually, what HipsterKid said. But I'm sure it's fun looking down on people who say things you don't understand.

Y'know....Imma gonna write a story about Gardevoir in Brawl.....AND POST IT HERE!!! (I love dramatic effect. XP )
First I was like "okay he's going to write a story about Gardevoir" but then I was like "HE'LL POST IT HERE" and things exploded.

Erm, I mean. Looking forward to it!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Well, she was on Sakurai's poll, and he is somewhat popular (thanks to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)...

I'd say she's got a shot...

>_>; I was on 4chan and then there was gardevoir hentai... It was nasty

Anyway... Ummm yeah that's all i had to say... Gardevoir for brawl!

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I'm raising a Gardevoir in Pokemon XD right now, and I can say she's the best choice for a 3rd generation representative. I might as well support the gal here.

Gardevoir is soooo cool... has anyone come up with a moveset for her?

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm raising a Gardevoir in Pokemon XD right now, and I can say she's the best choice for a 3rd generation representative. I might as well support the gal here.

...*chortles*

Okay, it's a pretty long thread, so I don't expect you to read it all.
But the moveset is right in the original post. :p

Also, yay for Pokemon XD. I played that, too, and naturally raised a Gardevoir as well. Quite a good game for increasing your "relationship" with certain Pokemon, it really is something different to see them actually move and such.
That made it almost heart-wrenching to see Gardevoir be KOd.
Which fortunately rarely happened considering how obscenely strong she is. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Well I did make up stats, special attacks, and a Final Smash for it. Look at the message below if you don't want to go searching for it.

I did have an idea on what Gardevoir's stats might be, along with its special attacks and Final Smash.

• Stats
    Power: 4
    Defense: 3
    Weight: 2
    Height: 4 (near Zelda's height)
    Reach: 4
    Endurance: 3
    Jump Height: 3
    Mid-air Jump: 5
    Mid-air Drop: 2
    Mid-air Speed: 5
    Ground Speed: 3
    Dash Speed: 3
    Recovery: 5​

• Special Attacks
    Standard Special Move: Energy Ball
    Gardevoir charges up a green energy sphere. The damage that it does increases as the size of the sphere increases. When fired, the sphere flies at a straight path.

Side Special Move: Psywave
    Gardevoir unleashes a powerful energy wave that sends foes flying quite easily. Opponents hit by the attack will be sent flying at a rather low angle (30 degrees or less).

Upward Special Move: Teleport
    Gardevoir teleports to another area. The angle that it'll teleport depends on the direction that you tilt the Control Stick. It does no damage.

Down Special Move: Safeguard
    Gardevoir creates a forcefield that repels items and projectiles. It can also do damage directly when activated in front of an opponent (sort of like how Fox's Reflector works).​

• Final Smash
    Psychic
    Gardevoir unleashes a huge amount of Psychic energy that does damage to all opponents within its range. Unblockable and can't be reflected at all. Plus, the attack is super strong, making it an effective finishing move.​

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy and Fawriel: Nice movesets. Bet I can come up with a better one, though. It might take a bit long, though- I've got work, babysitting, and L.O.I meetings at my old high school.

Yes. Busy I am. But moveset, come up with, I will. Yodaspeak, stop, I should. :p

Ummm... Here's a gardevoir moveset i made, hope you guys like it.

Gardevoir
Speed: ***
Weight: ***
Power: **
Recovery: *****
Size: **** (errr… Zelda’s height)
Note: most of Gardevoir’s attacks will leave you with pink aura like how mewtwo’s attacks leave you with a shadowy aura.
ATTACKS
A = Gardevoir’s eyes glow blue and a pink spark of energy appears in front of her that electrocutes her opponents, it can be used repeatedly like mewtwo’s. 2% per hit
Dash+A = Gardevior runs forward and does a feather step while she is crackling with electricity 6%
TILTS
Forward+A = Gardevoir slaps forward 5%
Up+A = Gardevoir tils backwards and kicks her leg upwards. 4%
Down+A = Gardevoir swats downard 5%
AERIALS
A = Gardevoir spins with her arms stretched 5%
Forward+A = Gardevoir extends her arm in one direction and it electrocutes you if you get hit. 3-4% per second.
Back+A = Gardevoir flips backwards and kicks. 4%
Down+A = Gardevoir pushes her hands downwards which are sparkling 7%
SMASHES
Forward+A = while charging Gardevoir has her hand to her chest which is trembling and glowing a pinkish color, she then punches forward and hits someone. This move has very high knock back 8-10% Charged 15-17%
Up+A = Gardevoirs's head glows and she jumps upwards with head butt 7-8% Charged 17-19%
Down+A = Same as zelda’s which is a twirl with her leg outwards. 10-13% Charged 16-18%
SPECIALS
B = Psychic- Gardevoir closes her eyes and starts to glow pink, if you run up to her while she is doing this you get flung off in a different direction, you can attack through it though. If you let go of the b button Gardevoir opens her eyes and an invisible force flies outward. You can see the force though because it ripples the areas that it travels through.The force is about as large as mewtwo’s shadow ball and travels as fast as samus’ charge shot (not sure if there’s a difference though) and if you get hit by it an explosion occurs and you get flung off for a lot of damage and knock back. You can hold the move in until you want to use it like donkey kong, mewtwo, and samus’ charge shots. 23% charged 8% uncharged.
Forward+B = Captivate- Gardevoir blows a kiss and several hearts fly out of her hands. If you get hit by it you are stunned.
Up+B = Shadow Sneak- Gardevoir glows a black aura and a shadow tentacle rotates around her while going upwards. Once it fully envelops her she teleports upwards and shortly after she reappears (about .5 seconds) the area explodes with dark energy. While this move seems like it takes a long time it’s just 1 second for Gardevoir to teleport. 4-5% from explosion.
Down+B = Confusion- Gardevoir free spins and while she’s spinning pink tentacles of energy emanate from her, if you get hit by them you rotate around Gardevoir and then get flung off in a different direction. This also works on projectiles and energy projectiles.

THROWS
Grab-Gardevoir puts her hand upwards and telekinetically grabs the opponent.
Punch- Gardevoir closes her hand and the enemy gets electrocuted for 2% Damage
Upwards Throw- The opponent is thrown upwards and when thrown they do a loop in the air before being thrown. 7% damage.
Downwards throw- The opponent is thrown to the ground and Gardevoir kicks them in the face while her foot glows pink. 5% damage
Sideways throw- Gardevoir grabs the opponent’s hands and swings them around as if in a dance then flings them away. High Knockback 3% damage.
OTHER
Taunt = Gardevoir does a perioute towards the screen.
Super Smash Move = Trick Room- Everyone swaps position and they get their speed halved and weight doubled. While this move is in effect the arena looks distorted with ripples spreading around. Gardevoir can move normally and rack up damage while everyone is slow. Gardevoir’s moves also do twice as much damage while under this move but the knock back remains the same. (yeah I came up with this move for mime jr. but I think it fits Gardevoir as well.)
Kirby Form = Kirby has Gardevoir’s stylish green hair.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I liked the picture and I especially liked the moveset.

I liked the Psychic attack, the Shadow Sneak, and Confusion.
Captivate does seem a little lame but, hey, it'll work for me.

Awww, this thread has made me get my hopes up so much that if she's not in Brawl, I'll get in a deep depression. D:
Well not really but I will be upset.

Good thing I got about two months to get it out of my system :D

Tha's a good moveset Dio! I like it! :grin:
Thanks!

I liked the picture and I especially liked the moveset.

I liked the Psychic attack, the Shadow Sneak, and Confusion.
Captivate does seem a little lame but, hey, it'll work for me.

Awww, this thread has made me get my hopes up so much that if she's not in Brawl, I'll get in a deep depression. D:

Thank you, lol i used captivate cause we all know gardevoir is girly at heart! >:O

Umm Here's a random question for everyone....

What would you do... If sakurai made a music update with "Gardevoir's theme"

Fawriel

Smash Master
Mario_and_Sonic_Guy and Fawriel: Nice movesets. Bet I can come up with a better one, though.
Uhm. Good luck. o_o
Here's mah comic! (I should've made the panels bigger. XP )

Haha, that's cute.
*pokes Dedede with a stick*
[long moveset]
Good effort. I like the Trick Room and Confusion the best.
Unfortunately, her A moves... seem pretty generic. I mean, headbutts and kicks and punches... those work in moderation, but every character has something like that, and Gardevoir's arms and legs really aren't made for kickboxing...
Wow, Gardevoir+Dedede+Geno=Unusually awesome 0o
They'd make a good team. For a sitcom.
Hilarity ensues!

I try to keep my hopes low for her.
Of course, that doesn't mean I'll manage. o_o;
What would you do... If sakurai made a music update with "Gardevoir's theme"
Implode.

After downloading it from somewhere and making my player play it on repeat.
So my shattered remains can listen to it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, seeing all of this had to make me make a rather funny sprite comic. It's a sprite comic in which Gardevoir is involved in the Game & Watch game Boxing.

Edit: I've updated the sprite comic with some text and a match with Very Gnawty.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Here's mah comic! (I should've made the panels bigger. XP )

*epic comic*
This thread delivers. I like. :chuckle:

Ummm... Here's a gardevoir moveset i made, hope you guys like it.

*Moveset*
I though Gardevoir didn't have legs?
Other than that it's mostly fine, but Captivate could be replaced with Will-O-Wisp...

With all of this hype all around...

Ahem. Sorry about that.

Wow, Gardevoir+Dedede+Geno=Unusually awesome 0o
Gardevoir + Dedede + Geno + Mewtwo = Best team ever. EVER.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Hehe. I liked Mario_and_Sonic_Guy's Comic.
It reminds me of those days back when I actually had that Game and Watch game that had both a Game&Watch version and a Mario version of the minigames in it.

Heck, weren't it for that, I wouldn't even know who Game&Watch is. :/

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
That would be awesome :D
I can see it happening too.
I don't see how a Meowth has a chance over Gardevoir but that's just a biased opinion.
Nonetheless, Keep the Comic going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom