• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Gardevoir~ Most Awesome Shield-Caster Ever. Or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

:034:

Smash Hero
Mind if I join the pro-Gardevoir people? I'm all for him/her being in Brawl.

Hey, Fawriel (or anyone else for that matter), you have a 'Gardevoir For Brawl' pic like the others you see around?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Search function to the rescue!

Also, welcome on board!

I used to have Gardevoir in my sig, but she had to make way for a while for my enigmatic new one. I found the two sig images I remember seeing, though!

If you use this, give credit to Leoneri, since he made it.

If you wanted one of these, here you go. Credit goes to Brawlman for finding it, but we don't know who made it, so... yeah.

:034:

Smash Hero
Search function to the rescue!

Also, welcome on board!

I used to have Gardevoir in my sig, but she had to make way for a while for my enigmatic new one. I found the two sig images I remember seeing, though!

If you use this, give credit to Leoneri, since he made it.

If you wanted one of these, here you go. Credit goes to Brawlman for finding it, but we don't know who made it, so... yeah.
Awesome, thanks.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
I never really considered Gardevoir as a playable character until I saw her on Sakurai's list. Then I realized Gardevoir had loads of potential and deserves the spot more than that silly Lucario.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I've been waiting for you.

Hehe, I think it's like that for a lot of people. I also never considered her until I heard that she actually has chances. Then I spontaneously remembered that I love this thing.
I bet it was similar for Sakurai. "Another Pokemon suggestion... another Pokemon suggestion... ... what's this, another Pokemon? *googles* ..... frikkin sweet!"
And then he held up production to make the team insert her as a character which is the reason why the game is not a release title.
Or something.
I kinda got carried away there.

Anyway, to celebrate this glorious day, I randomly predict that Gardevoir will be the seventh unlockable character revealed!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Given the choice between Lucario and Gardevoir, I would rather have Gardevoir. But then, I don't really know anything about Lucario aside from him being central to that one movie I never saw...

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
Yay for Gardevoir, and her fans.
Anyway, to celebrate this glorious day, I randomly predict that Gardevoir will be the seventh unlockable character revealed!
I would totally laugh if it was true.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I would totally laugh if it was true.
I think I would be too busy celebrating to laugh, at least for a while. And then, I'd probably pass out out of the sheer effort of bottling my urges to go "HA-HA" and point, Nelson style, at all those who said she was stupid and unworthy :laugh: (I make it a point of not laughing at people, but that one would be hard as hell)

Fawriel

Smash Master
^^^

I will spontaneously type in caps the whole rest of the day.

And bother mic128 so much about how I have to become mod of the Gardevoir Character Specific forum that he bans me.

And use my "I am so great"-victory dance so often for the rest of the day that it levels up 76 times and evolves into the killer dance of doom.

Anyway! Time to fuel some actual discussion!

First off, what will Gardy's alternate colors look like? Colors are a touchy subject for Pokemon... sure, there's the shiny form, but what then?

My suggestion would be different types of accessories like they did it for Pichu.
One could be a cute ribbon around her neck... and maybe a pretty silk scarf or something...
And, uhm...
...help me here.

Also... I've been thinking about possibly learning how to create videos in order to make my own combo videos.
That will probably never happen due to lack of time and motivation, but it's still fun to think about the concept.
If Gardevoir is in and you wanted to make a combo video about her, how would you set it up? And most importantly... what music would you choose?

If Gardy's style really turns out to be based on dances, I would inevitably have to choose Victory by Bond and call the video something like "The Last Tango". ^^
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UItlz8ipSVc

If all else fails, I would use this song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ym_EvF6OQVo
And proudly proclaim it the most melodramatic combo video ever. ^^

Brawlman

Smash Ace
On the subjests that you said

If she's in: I would shove it in the faces of all the haters.....20 times over....in 30 seconds. :D

Alts: I could see her wearing everything you said....And I can't think of anything else. XD

Music video: I would use Rouge's theme from Sonic Adventure 2 if I made a combo vid about her. :D

Sinn

Smash Lord
Why would they have pervert comments...? Nothing really strikes me as all that suggestive from the song. It's a lot more about independence than anything else.

EDIT: And of course, there's always the instrumental version which I'm quite fond of.

I bet the next update will be pokeball: blaziken, then pokeball: mime jr. (D: ), then pokeball: darkrai...

He'll kill all of the potential pokemon! Anyway, yeah I hope that Gardevoir beats out Lucario for the last pokemon spot!

Gardevoir >>>>> Lucario

I think I'll become a big gardevoir supporter now.

That moveset by that metalflare person is odd... Cause Gardevoir doesn't learn psycho boost and Synchronize is an ability, not a move. I see that alot, where people turn abilities into moves. >_>;

Fawriel

Smash Master
Why would they have pervert comments...? Nothing really strikes me as all that suggestive from the song. It's a lot more about independence than anything else.
Mostly because it's... Gardevoir, who is known for attracting perverts.
And it would associate her with Rouge, who is even more well known for... yeah.
And the music sounds mildly erotic...
Although that might just be me.
Which suggests that I should stop talking now.
*smoke-bombs*

It IS a pretty cool song, though.

PS: Sup, Megadio.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
*youtubes Rouge's theme*

*googles the lyrics*

...you'll have to be prepared for "PERVERT" comments if you pull that off. XD
The song does fit pretty well, though!

By the way... check out what I found:
http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo...sage.id=2345222&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

I feel... kinda proud. Haha!
I wonder who this METAFLARE is...
I'm Metaflare. XD I became a big supporter of Garde because of this thread, and I wanted to share it with NSider, XP

And I posted that before I could edit.....I would've changed the Final Smash....But Now NSinder is closed. :ohwell:

Fawriel

Smash Master
It's you!

You should have asked me for permission, technically. But oh well, it was fun to read that thread. ^^

EDIT: That reminds me, I need to think of a Final Smash. =o

Brawlman

Smash Ace
It's you!

You should have asked me for permission, technically. But oh well, it was fun to read that thread. ^^

EDIT: That reminds me, I need to think of a Final Smash. =o
Well, if it's any better....I gave ya credit. >_<

And you do.....Just don't use my suggestion, It wasn't very thought out. :psycho:

Fawriel

Smash Master
I know, I know, I'm not mad at you or anything. I read the thread. In fact, you give me more credit than I deserve. XD

Hmm, thinking of a Final Smash is tough... there's only so many powerful Psychic type moves and only so many original ways to Smash-ify them...
Let's see some of the more original things she can learn...
Level-Up:
Wish
Calm Mind
Imprison
Captivate
Hypnosis + Dream Eater

TMs:
Hidden Power
Skill Swap
Secret Power
Snatch ( ....err. )

Egg Moves:
Memento
Destiny Bond
Grudge

...Gardevoir learns surprisingly many "evil" attacks.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Rukario and Gardevoir for peaceful coexistance in brawl!

Now, as too actually CONTRIBUTE something to this thread, I shall make a moveset soon!

Obviously, I will post it.

*Dashes over in dashy manner*

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did have an idea on what Gardevoir's stats might be, along with its special attacks and Final Smash.

• Stats
    Power: 4
    Defense: 3
    Weight: 2
    Height: 4 (near Zelda's height)
    Reach: 4
    Endurance: 3
    Jump Height: 3
    Mid-air Jump: 5
    Mid-air Drop: 2
    Mid-air Speed: 5
    Ground Speed: 3
    Dash Speed: 3
    Recovery: 5​

• Special Attacks
    Standard Special Move: Energy Ball
    Gardevoir charges up a green energy sphere. The damage that it does increases as the size of the sphere increases. When fired, the sphere flies at a straight path.

Side Special Move: Psywave
    Gardevoir unleashes a powerful energy wave that sends foes flying quite easily. Opponents hit by the attack will be sent flying at a rather low angle (30 degrees or less).

Upward Special Move: Teleport
    Gardevoir teleports to another area. The angle that it'll teleport depends on the direction that you tilt the Control Stick. It does no damage.

Down Special Move: Safeguard
    Gardevoir creates a forcefield that repels items and projectiles. It can also do damage directly when activated in front of an opponent (sort of like how Fox's Reflector works).​

• Final Smash
    Psychic
    Gardevoir unleashes a huge amount of Psychic energy that does damage to all opponents within its range. Unblockable and can't be reflected at all. Plus, the attack is super strong, making it an effective finishing move.​

Fawriel

Smash Master
Alright, I spent some time thinking about a Final Smash, and the craziest thing I came up with is this:

Wish upon a Star:
You remember DK's Final Smash that makes you play a rhythm minigame or something like that?
This is... similar.

Upon activation, Gardevoir will go into a praying pose and the background turns darker, or even completely black. All other fighters are free to go on fighting during the next phase.
In this phase, all attacks that hit Gardevoir are phantom hits, no knockback, half damage.
Now, in the background, you will see a certain number of shooting stars shoot briefly across the sky one after another in random intervals.
Your task as the player is to press the button as soon as you see a shooting star appear, which might be hard because they shine only briefly, they are a bit small and they appear in random ( but visible ) locations in the background. You have to try to keep the button pressed from the very beginning to the very end of a star's duration. The better your timing, the better the effects. Of course, keeping the button pressed or mashing it won't do any good.

The point is that each star stands for a certain move that will be incorporated into the Final Smash combo. If you miss a star completely, the attack will either not be in at all or just have weak effects.

Once all stars have passed by, the background will dramatically turn light again and the following moves will occur in this order ( a textbox with the name of the move will pop up each time ):

Mirror Coat:
All damage done to Gardevoir while she was praying will be dealt back to those who inflicted it. Depending on the timing, it ranges from the same amount to double the amount, also, increasing knockback will be dealt ( hardly anything lethal, though ).

Psychic:
Following immediately after Mirror Coat, anything within the range of this attack will be taken by a psychic force and slammed diagonally downwards and into the direction of Gardevoir. It's pretty much a spike.
The range is quite large and, with perfect timing, it can take up all of the battlefield.

Rest:
Gardevoir falls asleep.
Due to its Synchronize ability, this instantly causes everyone on the battlefield to fall asleep as well, without exceptions!
This move is not assigned to a star and will be used regardless of your timing.

Wish:
If you managed to catch this star, it will return to wake up Gardevoir immediately.

Dream Eater:
And finally, everyone who's still asleep ( which should be everyone ), will get a bunch of their HP drained. The strength is dependent on the timing, of course. And, of course, the drained health is subtracted from Gardevoir's damage. Yay!
And since this move does no knockback, everyone should still be fast asleep and ready for some smashing.

...so, yeah, I'm crazy, alright.

EDIT: Yo, M&S Guy.
Thanks for putting effort into a moveset.
But there are some stats there I don't get... How do "defense" and "endurance" work?

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Nice fob on the slight increase in font size. Made it feel like you were raising your voice a little without actually shouting.
EPIC FS, Fawriel.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmmmm a random and insignificant pokemon for brawl, NO.
So random and insignificant that it got a starring role in a spin-off game, has one of the largest fanbases especially for a non-legendary and was the only Pokemon mentioned in Sakurai's infamous "poll". So very, very random. I'll go make a Zigzagoon for Brawl thread to vent my frustration. :(

And, whoa, I guess my FS is accepted. I'll add it to the first post then.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well here's some reasoning, Sakurai seems to prefer the first generation pokemon and there are allready a lot of pokemon in with PT counting as 3 characters and realistically we can expect Jigglypuff and Mewtwo to return so really that's kinda 6 characters which is enough so none need to be added.
If a "7th" is added than it should be someone from the fourth generation as it seems to be more popular than the third generation and just overrall better plus the second and third generations had no really memorable or recognisable characters, The First however was full of them and the fourth at least has Munchlax and Lucario. Allthough Munchlax is a pokeball Lucario can still be playable.
As for Gardevoir yes she was a main character in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon but Xatu, Alakazam, Gengar and Ninetales were also very important to the story should they all be included too?
The poll meant absoloutly nothing for any of the characters at all I mean Blue Virus and Link's Uncle both both got mentions so saying she was included on the poll does absoloutly nothing to her chances.
As for popularity her fanbase is a very quiet fanbase and isn't loud and seen and vocal like Lucario, Deoxys, Munchlax, Blaizken, Meowth and even the extremelly unlikely Darkrai. So she doesn't have a very strong or pashionate fanbase or at least so it seems.
I don't hate Gardevoir I just realise she doesn't stand a real chance at all.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well here's some reasoning, Sakurai seems to prefer the first generation pokemon and there are allready a lot of pokemon in with PT counting as 3 characters and realistically we can expect Jigglypuff and Mewtwo to return so really that's kinda 6 characters which is enough so none need to be added.
If a "7th" is added than it should be someone from the fourth generation as it seems to be more popular than the third generation and just overrall better plus the second and third generations had no really memorable or recognisable characters, The First however was full of them and the fourth at least has Munchlax and Lucario. Allthough Munchlax is a pokeball Lucario can still be playable.
As for Gardevoir yes she was a main character in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon but Xatu, Alakazam, Gengar and Ninetales were also very important to the story should they all be included too?
The poll meant absoloutly nothing for any of the characters at all I mean Blue Virus and Link's Uncle both both got mentions so saying she was included on the poll does absoloutly nothing to her chances.
As for popularity her fanbase is a very quiet fanbase and isn't loud and seen and vocal like Lucario, Deoxys, Munchlax, Blaizken, Meowth and even the extremelly unlikely Darkrai. So she doesn't have a very strong or pashionate fanbase or at least so it seems.
I don't hate Gardevoir I just realise she doesn't stand a real chance at all.
For the record, I don't exactly expect her, either. This is pure hope we're talking about here.

Now, the PT counts as one rep. It's the Pokemon trainer. He has three Pokemon, but you can't ONLY use one of them, you have to alternate. In the end, it's one character since you can't just ignore the rest, and they all go under the name of the Pokemon trainer. Sure, it was a lot of work to make them all, but the way I see it, Sakurai actually created this guy in order to adequately represent Pokemon, a franchise with an absurd amount of potential characters, without actually giving them a too large portion of character "slots".
In the end, this point is pure speculation since we don't know how Sakurai counts that.

Even MORE speculation is that he "prefers" the first generation or that Jigglypuff WILL return. I heard that he wanted to get rid of her before, and in my opinion, he SHOULD. It pains me that Gardevoir is called "random and insignificant" while that thing is a-OK.
And the fact that he's only repped the first generation in terms of playable characters so far means nothing. It might just as well mean that he may think to himself now "only first gen represented so far, let's go for the other ones now".
And that 2 and 3 had no memorable Pokemon is nothing but opinion.

The poll probably does mean something. Sure, there are some joke characters there. Link's Uncle. lawl and stuff. But then there are other characters like Ike and Dedede who were there several times.
In the end, it all comes down to who Sakurai thinks is the good choice, and if she's the only Pokemon to have been mentioned there, that seems to suggest something.
You're basing it all on popularity, fanbases and stuff, but you do realize that those "loud" fanbases of Munchlax and Deoxys got a kick in the face in the form of Pokeballs and that Meowth hasn't been seen ANYWHERE in Smash apart from a lousy SSB64 Pokeball?

Her chances aren't high, but they are there. That's all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom