• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ganon's Cauldron of Questions (Ganon Q/A Thread)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Got a ssb4-related question about Ganondorf?
Then you're at the right place.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Got a ssb4-related question about Ganondorf?
Then you're at the right place.
If you have the Official Final Japanese 3DS version of SSB4, would you be able to verify if Ganondorf uses any Swords in his moveset?

And, if it is not too much to ask, could you state the differences in buffs and nerfs between Brawl's Ganondorf and this one?

Thank you for your time.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Does Ganondorf have AC frames/not terrible landing lag on his Fair this time around?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Do his custom moves actually properly represent Ganondorf in the LoZ series?

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Does he have a different Neutral B now. As a Zelda fan I found Ganondorfs portrayal in Smash to be a good representation except his Warlock Punch I would much rather have him shoot his blasts from his hands which he does in a lot of TLoZ games where Link has to hit it back with his sword multiple times until Ganondorf gets hit by it.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Customs?

That's the only hope, and even then, he's still slow as hell when he's supposed to be quick and be able to float, sigh.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
It seems grab range is still trash.
The T-Rex armed grabs were one of the things that bothered me most about Brawldorf. It's really frustrating how inconsistent Sakurai is with character designs. Every game he includes new characters with very creative and interesting playstyles, but always seems to have characters that just feel like they mailed it in.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
^ The game hasn't hit the west yet and is going to officially release in Japan tomorrow.

Here's a small video of Ganondorf's smashes and specials I picked up from Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LoOrO4vMm4

He seems very similar but his moves look as if they were given more speed (speed is not a constant definition if we are to compare brawl to SSB3DS).

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
^ The game hasn't hit the west yet and is going to officially release in Japan tomorrow.

Here's a small video of Ganondorf's smashes and specials I picked up from Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LoOrO4vMm4

He seems very similar but his moves look as if they were given more speed (speed is not a constant definition if we are to compare brawl to SSB3DS).
Wow, much faster then in Brawl. Still wish he had a real moveset and better stats but this is good too. Still wish he didn't have that sword taunt though <.<

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
oh yeah. Definitely. Lol does anyone know why the computer was using it so many times consecutively? Odd Ai there
Maybe it was hoping the kick would spike Link all the way to the left. :p

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I did a little bit of comparing. Falcon's punch started at 4:38:46 and initiated at 4:37:45 in the video below (on the timer above). 0:30 to 0:34 in the actual video. That's a total of 1 second and 1 millisecond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJqMs4OHSiU

Ganondorf takes a total of 1 second and 22-23 milliseconds. I believe that's a much smaller difference between the two punches compared to Brawl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK6vpkUyrmw&list=UU-KuWeJ48G6rPA2lCgQirew

(1:00 to 1:20)
One frame is approximately 16-17 ms, so that means Falcon Punch comes out in 60 frames, while Ganon Punch comes out in 61-62 frames, assuming your measurements are accurate. In Brawl, Falcon Punch came out in 53 frames according to the frame data listed on the Brawl Falcon boards, while Ganon Punch came out in 70 frames, so the gap does appear to be significantly smaller to the point of being negligible. I suspect Falcon Punch will be more powerful to compensate for being slightly slower, but Ganon Punch has been thankfully sped up, though not to the point of actually being useful.

Robertzombie2

Smash Cadet
can you still tech chase with side b?
can you do follow-ups after choking someone?
what are his custom moves?
is his F-air still as unsafe as brawl? with landing lag no matter what?

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I'm personally hoping for a nice helping of IASA frames.

Oh the lolz as you ftilt someone who came in for an easy punish clean off the side of the map.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Is Ganondorf's Curb Stomp still in the game?

I'm referring to his meteor smash aerial A often used for a Meteor spike.

It has to be, that move finally has a name, thanks to Seth Rollins.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Is Ganondorf's Curb Stomp still in the game?

I'm referring to his meteor smash aerial A often used for a Meteor spike.

It has to be, that move finally has a name, thanks to Seth Rollins.
Didn't it already have a name?

The Thunderstomp.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Off topic, but the name of this thread has something to do with The Black Cauldron? And Ganon is that dark mage that summoned the souls of Hell from the cauldron to do whatever?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Off topic, but the name of this thread has something to do with The Black Cauldron? And Ganon is that dark mage that summoned the souls of Hell from the cauldron to do whatever?
Rule of cool, I suppose?

Top Bottom