• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I don't expect to see Ganondorf anytime soon, considering we haven't even seen Ness yet. Hopefully this means he actually has a new moveset and his old one has been given to Black Shadow.

Probably not. :(

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think everyone here should give up on Ganondorf getting a new moveset for the time being. It's much, much more likely that he'll stay the same like he did in Brawl. No, I don't like it either but I think we should all be more realistic.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I think everyone here should give up on Ganondorf getting a new moveset for the time being. It's much, much more likely that he'll stay the same like he did in Brawl. No, I don't like it either but I think we should all be more realistic.
I think he will probably use his sword for some of his moves, and have DMV as one of his specials.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If bowser got a revamp, ganondorf definitely should, he deserves it far more anyway

Also this basically sums up what I want ganondorf in smash to be

0:47

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think he will probably use his sword for some of his moves, and have DMV as one of his specials.
What's DMV? I know I got my license there last week but yeah lol

If bowser got a revamp, ganondorf definitely should, he deserves it far more anyway
His specials weren't really revamped, if anything his normal attacks were better designed so as to make him not suck anymore (as well as giving him a lot of super armor and giving him a new run anmation). I see Ganondorf getting a redesign in THAT sense, I don't think he'll stop being a Captain Falcon clone.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
What's DMV? I know I got my license there last week but yeah lol

His specials weren't really revamped, if anything his normal attacks were better designed so as to make him not suck anymore (as well as giving him a lot of super armor and giving him a new run anmation). I see Ganondorf getting a redesign in THAT sense, I don't think he'll stop being a Captain Falcon clone.
But a lot of his moves were completely redesigned, why can't they do this with ganondorf, just with a sword. It wouldn't be too hard and at the very least I wouldn't mind him being an ike clone with his current specials with minor differences. Or just a general mix of the two

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
But a lot of his moves were completely redesigned, why can't they do this with ganondorf, just with a sword. It wouldn't be too hard and at the very least I wouldn't mind him being an ike clone with his current specials with minor differences. Or just a general mix of the two
I can see him suddenly using a sword for some normals, but I still think he'll overall be a Captain Falcon clone, i.e. he's probably gonna keep Dark Dive, Wizard's Foot and Flame Choke (I can see Warlock Punch getting scrapped).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I can see him suddenly using a sword for some normals, but I still think he'll overall be a Captain Falcon clone, i.e. he's probably gonna keep Dark Dive, Wizard's Foot and Flame Choke (I can see Warlock Punch getting scrapped).
I also see dark dive gettign scrapped and being replaced with a teleport of some kind, seems like a very ganondorf thing to do
Also since we likely aren't getting a zelda newcomer, he could use a completely revamped ganondorf to compensate

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Ok I think Beast Ganon might still be his final smash because...

Well play Hyrule Warriors and see for yourself, or toggle a spoiler, all I know is it seems Beast Ganon has made a reappearance and the thing is I see nothing wrong with keeping it, it doesn't clone any other final smashes making it unique and its still monster Ganon.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm losing hope for a redesigned Ganondorf moveset because of custom moves. I feel like Ganondorf's going to have the same moves but maybe the custom moves will be dead man's volley and the like. I only hope it goes the other way around...

Balloonicorn

Smash Cadet
I'm probably in the minority here but I actually want Ganondorf to keep his brawl moveset. Flame choke is probably one of the most brutal and satisfying attacks in the game. I don't mind his other moves since they FEEL different enough from Captain Falcon's moves although I wouldn't mind if they changed his neutral and up specials.
I would welcome a visual redesign though. I'd like Ocarina of Time Ganondorf ideally but they'll probably stick with TP Ganondorf.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I wouldn't MIND if he kept Brawls moveset, just make him more menacing and less ... stiff. His stiffness is so off-putting when coming from the holder of the "Triforce of Power." His animations should be beast-like, yet composed and powerful.

Also, I wouldn't mind if his look got a bit revamped. It seems color is a strong suit in Smash 4 so we need not worry about the stale looking Ganondorf. His hair will definitely shine red this time around, I just wonder what type of Armor he'll sport.

If it's a toned down version of the Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf, I'm all in.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'm probably in the minority here but I actually want Ganondorf to keep his brawl moveset. Flame choke is probably one of the most brutal and satisfying attacks in the game. I don't mind his other moves since they FEEL different enough from Captain Falcon's moves although I wouldn't mind if they changed his neutral and up specials.
I would welcome a visual redesign though. I'd like Ocarina of Time Ganondorf ideally but they'll probably stick with TP Ganondorf.
Actually Flame Choke is the only move they shouldn't modify at all. It fits Ganondorf perfectly, and it should stay the way it is. But we need Dead Man's Volley and some teleport, at least.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
I wouldn't MIND if he kept Brawls moveset, just make him more menacing and less ... stiff. His stiffness is so off-putting when coming from the holder of the "Triforce of Power." His animations should be beast-like, yet composed and powerful.

Also, I wouldn't mind if his look got a bit revamped. It seems color is a strong suit in Smash 4 so we need not worry about the stale looking Ganondorf. His hair will definitely shine red this time around, I just wonder what type of Armor he'll sport.

If it's a toned down version of the Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf, I'm all in.
considering todays pic of the day i think they can make a ganondorf suit of hyrule warriors then again how are they gonna make the hair flow

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
considering todays pic of the day i think they can make a ganondorf suit of hyrule warriors then again how are they gonna make the hair flow
I can just imagine it now ... hair flowing in the wind-

ACTUALLY.

- scratch that.

We're already tall and have a big hitbox ....
all the hair will do is disjoint our hurtbox.
We'll be screwed...

:054:

Alas, is the whole greater than the sum of it's parts?
IS THE HAIR WORTH IT?!

(L'oreal)

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006

ACTUALLY.

- scratch that.

We'll be screwed...

IS THE HAIR WORTH IT?!

(L'oreal)
it's not easy having marvelous hair

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
Lately, I've been wanting Toon Ganondorf more and more.

He's got two swords, and I just really like his design. Although we'll probably get the Twilight Princess design (along with the same cloned moveset), I hope they make him look more evil. He is the holder of the Triforce of Power, after all.

(I hope I did this right)
:ganondorfmelee::ganondorf:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Hello all! I see discussion of Ganondorf's moveset, obviously a big topic for him so I'll throw my own opinion in. Apologies in advance if I repeat anything that has been said in the last 50 pages.

I want both Ganon playstyles: Sword and Falcon clone. I don't care how we get it but I want it. If we have to have a TP Ganon and an OoT Ganon for that to become a reality then so be it. I have read one interesting theory where Black Bull from F-ZERO becomes a newcomer and gets Ganon's old moveset while Ganon gets a new sword/magic based moveset. That'd be cool. Heck I'd love it if we got Ganon and Ganondorf. Pig form (with magic and his trident) and his standard Falcon clone moveset for human form.

Also yes to Toon Ganon. Just yes. Duel (dual?) swords would be a unique playstyle and unlike Toon Link he wouldn't be a clone. Not sure how they'd balance him since he'd still be powerful since it's the same guy who has the Triforce of Power, he'd have range from swords and he generally appears faster with his swords plus Ganondorf is slow as it is.

That's what I want. What I expect to see is Falcondorf and that's about it, no new toys or anything. Toon Link didn't get any changes and Lucina is a thing so Ganon will probably still be the same and we won't get anything new. But I can hope damnit!

Also I'd love to see HW Ganon even if it's in a dlc pack or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

ACTUALLY.

- scratch that.

We'll be screwed...

IS THE HAIR WORTH IT?!

(L'oreal)
This is an overall great post.

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
Here's a partially completed Toon Ganondorf moveset, if anyone wants one.

Toon Ganon has average power, average ground speed, is floaty, and is a middle weight, but his air speed, aerials, and combo abilities make him a fearsome swordsman!

:GCA:: Punches like before the final battle of Wind Waker.
:GCB:: Ganondorf strikes the opponent with a flurry of sword slashes, quickly racking up damage!
:GCL::GCB::GCR:: Ganondorf rushes forward and anyone who he strikes will sent high in the air, letting him using his deadly aerials.
:GCB::GCU:: The wind blows as Toon Ganon jumps with both swords pointing up in the air. As he falls, his swords point downwards. This move is quick, has little lag, and a great recovery (covering much distance), but somewhat lacking in attack power.
:GCD::GCB:: Ganondorf strikes a defensive pose to protect himself, and anyone who attacks will suffer one of two consequences:
1. If :GCB: is held, he will strike the opponent down on their back.
2. If :GCB: isn't held, he will stun the opponent, allowing for an easy follow up.

What do you guys think?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Here's a partially completed Toon Ganondorf moveset, if anyone wants one.

Toon Ganon has average power, average ground speed, is floaty, and is a middle weight, but his air speed, aerials, and combo abilities make him a fearsome swordsman!

:GCA:: Punches like before the final battle of Wind Waker.
:GCB:: Ganondorf strikes the opponent with a flurry of sword slashes, quickly racking up damage!
:GCL::GCB::GCR:: Ganondorf rushes forward and anyone who he strikes will sent high in the air, letting him using his deadly aerials.
:GCB::GCU:: The wind blows as Toon Ganon jumps with both swords pointing up in the air. As he falls, his swords point downwards. This move is quick, has little lag, and a great recovery (covering much distance), but somewhat lacking in attack power.
:GCD::GCB:: Ganondorf strikes a defensive pose to protect himself, and anyone who attacks will suffer one of two consequences:
1. If :GCB: is held, he will strike the opponent down on their back.
2. If :GCB: isn't held, he will stun the opponent, allowing for an easy follow up.

What do you guys think?
I think it needs more magic

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I like it, PiChuChu. Ganondorf with two swords would be fast and fun. Thanks for the WW reference in the up special description.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I'm all for lowering expectations.... but Sakurai did specifically say that he was prioritising existing moveset updates over new characters in Smash 4.
Ganondorf's moveset quite objectively is the #1 most obviously in need of an update.

My hopes remain favourable.

Last edited:

ChubbStep112801

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I want Ghirahim to replace Ganondorf. I know I'll get a buttload of hatemail, but I'll just say if Ganon is in, I want his Hyrule Warriors design, and NOT A CAPTAIN FALCON CLONE. I want his huge sword, tho we have alot of swordsman already, his sword is frickin massive. And he looks like Zeus in the magazine pic :joyful::rotfl::joyful::rotfl:

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Well, considering today's Ghirahim screen, tomorrow may be our day friends. Fingers crossed!

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'm all for lowering expectations.... but Sakurai did specifically say that he was prioritising existing moveset updates over new characters in Smash 4.
Ganondorf's moveset quite objectively is the #1 most obviously in need of an update.

My hopes remain favourable.
I think what he meant by that was movesets needing an overhaul for the sake of improving them for battle, not necessarily to better reflect a character's abilities in their native games. So I think we'll most likely get a buffed Falcondorf, not a revamped one.

My hopes remain pessimistic.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Also I'd love to see HW Ganon even if it's in a dlc pack or something.
Oh man, do you have a point! Been lurking around for a while now, but finally decided to join up since I was going nuts with this new leak now...

You know, at first I really didn't mind the concept of Falcondorf coming back. I was ok with him in Melee and he actually felt pretty different from Cap in Brawl, so I wouldn't really have minded. At that point, I was really worried they would do something weird and cut Ganon in favor of Ghirahim or something, and that would not have been cool in the slightest. Then I saw the HW trailer, and I am no longer OK with Falcondorf. I dunno, even the HW look is so much better - you know, Brawl Ganondorf is regal and all, but I like the feral look from the new one. Yeah, I really wanted HW to come out a year ago so that look would have a chance.

I was thinking of something that would be cool, though. If :ganondorf: got the two sword moveset, then his old moveset could be given to Black Shadow so it's still around, and then we've got the swords for the King of Evil. That also allows OoT-style Ganon to be a final smash, similar to :4bowser: and :4littlemac: giga forms. Now THAT I would like to see.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of moveset concerns, Ghirahim's AT status is good for Ganon appearing (at least, Ganon not being replaced by another Zelda villain).

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Random thought that no one will pay attention to, but I thought of something good for a dual sword moveset. Because of balance reasons his attacks would of course be all around pretty slow. His jab though, I was thinking it could function similarly to Wolf's blaster shot. At close range, opponents will be hit by the pommel before the actual slash comes out. This would allow Ganondorf to deal with faster characters who manage to slip past his newfound range advantage without losing power. Perhaps more of his moves can have this pre-strike. I hereby name this early damage window "The Hiltbox".

Burruni

Smash Hero
....I'm a Ganondorf main, and I have no problem with Falcondorf.

Keep Brawl's decloning, and probably add a bit more, but keep the main traits of Falcondorf.

The problem in Brawl was how ABYSMALLY slow and just how stiff... rigid he was.

Ganondorf being a fairly slow fighter that packs immense power in each hit, like modern Bowser, is PERFECT for his feel as the Gerudo King. Want to have some more magic and swordplay in the alts? Fine, you want to shift Warlock Punch to an alt... fine, I'll concede and allow it. But for the other specials... no, they're great for Ganondorf. The feel of electrocuting your foe with his up b is amazing. Choking your enemies or dunking them off in suicide is perfect for Ganondorf. The Wizard's Foot is a great slip up move that few people predict the raw range and knockback it can have.

Those Smashes, those Aerials. MMPH, Perfect! The only tilt that I feel really needs help is the U-tilt that's slower than his smashes.

Up his speed a bit, mix up a tilt or aerial or two, and give some proper divergence in the alts. That's what I want, as a Falcondorf main alongside P-Jiggles with a Wario off-main.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh, please do something with that utilt! I hate when I try to do a smash and am a bit slow with the control stick and end up doing the tilt instead. It's painful to be hanging there with my foot in the air for longer than a FALCON PUNCH!!!

I'm coming back around to the Falcondorf moveset, but I do hope it will get a few updates. I thought his movement was very clunky, and the fact that if he moved any slower he'd go backwards was not fun either. But there was something really satisfying about the Warlock Punch too.

But one thing I do not want anyone to mess with is the side special. I LOVE the choke move. I've got a few screenshots on my console of Ganon holding Link by the face like a ragdoll, and it makes me smile. That move makes him seem like the evil king we need.

UltimateLuigi78

Smash Rookie
NNID
UltimateLuigi78
3DS FC
3093-7580-7701
I mistakenly made a thread on this (since I'm new to the site) but I think you guys might wanna see this.

Both seem pretty legit to me. Then again that's probably just my inner Ganon-fan calling out.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I shall use "The Hitbox" to counter this sudden occurrence! But I think "The Hitbox" could be a strike instead of a pommel attack, since Ganondorf used a particular, fast, slash to hit Link during WW. During that attack, Ganondorf quickly slashed and pointed his arm straight forward. You wnted multiple different versions of "The Hitbox" anyway, though. I suppose I simply dislike imagining Ganondorf using a pommel to strike.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I mistakenly made a thread on this (since I'm new to the site) but I think you guys might wanna see this. Both seem pretty legit to me. Then again that's probably just my inner Ganon-fan calling out.
As much as I'd like it to be true, I doubt it. There's a lot of weirdness on that magic, and it looks like the banner doesn't match.

I think Ganon has some good chances to return, but he wasn't announced for Brawl until after the US release. Jst need to wait and see.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I mistakenly made a thread on this (since I'm new to the site) but I think you guys might wanna see this.
Both seem pretty legit to me. Then again that's probably just my inner Ganon-fan calling out.
Both are so obviously fake that I don't even know if it's necessary to point all the flaws they have.

But Ganondorf isn't going anywhere, so there's no need to worry.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137

The render is ugly, especially the purple stuff. It's not even trying that hard - it has clipping and so forth, and looks like it was ripped from an in-game model. The screen shot is obviously based on Brawl. The graphics simply aren't HD.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
If we do keep Falcondorf (and I feel that we will) then there are two main things that need to change:

1. That utilt needs to go. It has more startup than Warlock Punch and lacks the mobility and is restricted to being used on the ground. Plus for something that's called an up tilt it doesn't attack upwards. Ganon's uthrow animation would work for an utilt, not a very creative answer but that being said Falcondorf isn't very creative. Heck even if he ends up with Falcon's utilt it's a heck of a lot better than what Ganon's been stuck with for two games.

2. No more punishable attacks (when they hit something that isn't a shield), namely Dark Dive and Wizkick. This is Ganondorf we're talking about, the king of evil, wielder of the Triforce of Power. He stole from the gods for crying out loud! And this same man can be punished for electrocuting someone and kicking them? I'm not saying Dark Dive and Wizkick need to have ko power (would be appreciated though) but I shouldn't be hit by anything that isn't a projectile for wizkicking someone, maybe getting hit by a sword would be acceptable at low %s but that's it! Ganon doesn't need so much power that he has no combos (Gerudo > dtilt > uair is still nice and might actually become a combo) but he shouldn't have weak attacks. His trade is power for speed and sometimes range.

I didn't add Warlock Punch because I don't see any real point. It'll have two variations which may or may not make it useful but it's naturally a powerful move with ridiculous startup. To ask that to be changed is to basically ask for a new move for better or for worse. Reason I didn't mention variations for Dark Dive and Wizkick is because I feel they should naturally be more powerful, we shouldn't have to sacrifice something to make those two moves stronger.

Also that picture is obviously fake. Doesn't look HD, looks like Brawl Ganon on a Brawl stage (Hyrule Temple) and he's doing a Brawl pose (up taunt) so it's clearly just a shot from Brawl. Plus that artwork just looks...bad. Namely that purple stuff coming out of his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom