• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Flame Choke and the "Sparta" Kick are moves he actually uses in Twilight Princess, so I've doubt they'll be absent this time. And they shouldn't, they were pretty good moves.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Flame Choke and the "Sparta" Kick are moves he actually uses in Twilight Princess, so I've doubt they'll be absent this time. And they shouldn't, they were pretty good moves.
Yeah, and for the people that didn't know that already, those moves are pretty iconic in Smash anyways since they've generated several jokes, and well, they just really fit Ganondorf (the only difference between TP and Smash Flame Choke is the difference in which hand he uses to attack with).

No matter what changes he goes through, as long as he still retains that 'brutal' feel with his moves, I'll be happy. He can still have his kicks and such with swordplay and dark magic in his moveset. All that together would be exciting.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
The Flame Choke fits Ganondorf's fighting style perfectly. He is a ruthless, completely brutal tyrant, and choking someone and then burning their head with dark fire is something that seems rather fitting. I personally think that's his only special that shouldn't be modified AT ALL.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I also think Warlock Punch could be fine to keep. I mean it's not like Ganon's NEVER used his fists before, and it's pretty iconic.

That said, I wouldn't be OPPOSED to it changing, but his up and down specials definitely need to change. They're just...ehhh.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
The Flame Choke fits Ganondorf's fighting style perfectly. He is a ruthless, completely brutal tyrant, and choking someone and then burning their head with dark fire is something that seems rather fitting. I personally think that's his only special that shouldn't be modified AT ALL.
Especially considering the fact that it's the only one that isn't related to Falcon's specials in any kind of way.

-Relative to Twilight Princess (biggest thing)
-Different from Falcon's moves

All good.

I also think Warlock Punch could be fine to keep. I mean it's not like Ganon's NEVER used his fists before, and it's pretty iconic.

That said, I wouldn't be OPPOSED to it changing, but his up and down specials definitely need to change. They're just...ehhh.
I'd be fine with Warlock Punch going because the move gets little to no use. Granted, this is coming from a competitive mindset, so I'd like for more of his moves to see some daylight, but even in FFA it doesn't happen too often since it takes like 2 seconds from start to finish.

Replacing Warlock Punch with a dark magic projectile would be quite alright with me.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'd be fine with Warlock Punch going because the move gets little to no use. Granted, this is coming from a competitive mindset, so I'd like for more of his moves to see some daylight, but even in FFA it doesn't happen too often since it takes like 2 seconds from start to finish.

Replacing Warlock Punch with a dark magic projectile would be quite alright with me.
Dead Man's Volley. Been asking for it for ages. How comes one of his most trademark moves isn't represented?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That's true. Deadman's Volley would be the best, especially if they could get it to work like in the games.

Sakurai's done at least SOME obvious fan/canon service adjustments in this one (DK has a roll attack, etc.) so let's keep hoping!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Dead Man's Volley. Been asking for it for ages. How comes one of his most trademark moves isn't represented?
Yeah, Dead Man's Volley really should be included. I wonder if they'll make it so people can hit it back kind of like with D3's Gordos. Regardless, it'll make the perfect replacement for his neutral special.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

This seems like it could be his most likely appearance to use, he's even holding the sword the same way Melee Ganondorf held it, possibly hinting at something?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

This seems like it could be his most likely appearance to use, he's even holding the sword the same way Melee Ganondorf held it, possibly hinting at something?
I have no problem with this. It looks really good in HD. Can't wait to see the official Smash artwork :3

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005

Where's this from?

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I'm one of the many who wants Ganondorf to have that as his basic B move, although seeing a character like Pikachu hit it back at Ganondorf with his head would be funny as heck (also we get to see Marth, Lucina & Ike have a go at it as well).

Hokori

Great King of Evil
http://www.destructoid.com/no-plans-for-amiibo-support-for-hyrule-warriors-279345.phtml

So apparently, no Amiibo support in Hyrule Warriors means less chance for Ganon to return in Smash...because logic.

>.<

Honestly, I don't know how some people reach this conclusion while putting a straight face.
That article is the silliest thing I've read all week. Although it just started, that is going to be hard to top unless II'm just going out of my way to search for poppycock.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I have a small feeling that Ganondorf might be revealed sometime this week when Hyrule Warriors is released in Japan. If not him then maybe another character who is in Hyrule Warriors.

I'm all for Ganondorf or Ghirahim. :estatic:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I have a small feeling that Ganondorf might be revealed sometime this week when Hyrule Warriors is released in Japan. If not him then maybe another character who is in Hyrule Warriors.

I'm all for Ganondorf or Ghirahim. :estatic:
You wouldn't be the first to have that feeling. A lot of people are feeling a Ganondorf reveal on the 14th. I've been containing my excitement just at the possibility of that actually happening. That sure would make me happy.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Now I REALLY want Ganondorf to use his Hyrule Warriors design in Smash. Either that or the updated OOT design, thats also from Hyrule Warriors. And have Scarf Link as an alt costume for Link. Tecmo is really killing it with theyr character designs I must say.

Kokiris

Smash Cadet
With Meta Knight revelation today... does Ganondorf have still a chance to appear tomorrow for the Hyrule Warrior release...?

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
With Meta Knight revelation today... does Ganondorf have still a chance to appear tomorrow for the Hyrule Warrior release...?
I don't think the MK announcement means much for other characters. I'm guessing they decided to show him at least partially because of the MK costume for Mii fighters they just announced. Ganon's got the same chance as always to show up; as we get closer to release I don't think the reveals will be as spread out as they were previously.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I think they'll speed up the reveals. They have no time left if they want to show most of the characters before the Japanese release date, so they will probably hurry up.

That said, Ganondorf may still be unlockable, and we may not see him at all.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think they'll speed up the reveals. They have no time left if they want to show most of the characters before the Japanese release date, so they will probably hurry up.

That said, Ganondorf may still be unlockable, and we may not see him at all.
We know Sakurai hated the SSE cut scenes being leaked, so maybe he'll show the whole roster before release so it can't be leaked? That's the only way i see Ganondorf being shown early. Although we got Luigi, Marth, Lucario, Toon Link, and Falcon early so who knows anymore...

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welp, we didn't get Ganny. We got Mega Man custom moves but not the Dorf.
I stopped expecting Ganny after MK's reveal, but there's no doubt that it would've been quite the treat to get him tonight. We'll see how things turn out tomorrow, but it could very well be trailer or post-release.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
We still could have him tomorrow. Sakurai will probably want to step up the pace for reveals.

Not gonna happen anyways, but a man can dream.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I would have preferred to see Ganondorf over Meta Knight this week but we can hardly say it's been a bad week so far.

I personally think though that if Ganondorf is revealed before release it'll be in trailer form. Mainly because I expect a new sword based moveset.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
You guys are seriously expecting Ganondorf so soon? After Meta Knight's confirmation this week? You are kidding, right?
Character confirmations don't come one after another just like that. Expect it to happen later on, but not now.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You guys are seriously expecting Ganondorf so soon? After Meta Knight's confirmation this week? You are kidding, right?
Character confirmations don't come one after another just like that. Expect it to happen later on, but not now.
Expecting is probably the wrong word to use. Wanting? Yes. Expecting? I'd like to think that people know better than to get their hopes up :p

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Expecting is probably the wrong word to use. Wanting? Yes. Expecting? I'd like to think that people know better than to get their hopes up :p
Believe me. People expect too much which is why they get dissapointed later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom