• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Go with what ever design you want, just give him those 2 freaken swords!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I sure hope that this is the Ganondorf we'll get in Smash 4...

If not, I'll be happy either way! (Just keep the Flame Choke)

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Now that he's playable in hyrule warriors he has even higher chances. I hope his design is from hyrule warriors.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think that when Falcondorf returns in Smash 4 (he most likely will, stop getting your hopes up you're only setting yourselves up for your hearts being broken), he should take cues from Project M Falcondorf. All of his moves are useful except for Warlock Punch, which, if it's gonna stay a punch, should kinda be like Little Mac's standard special. It's another copycat move but it's miles better than what he has now.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
And, of course.
Oh, I forgot he did this pose in Brawl. It's still more OoT3D-like, though, seeing as how they're making the exact same facial expression. Brawldorf has like... no expression at all. I really hope this changes in Sm4sh. They did it to Dedede, so they could do it to Ganondorf.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I think the single time he postured like that in the games was during OoT, when he effected Navi with the large, purple, waves of darkness. Oh wait, he also did it during TP, to display his Triforce to Link and Midna.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I have something I'd like to say about this new Ganondorf...

I am convinced we are now looking at the Ganondorf that's going to be in Super Smash Bros 4.

I have two things that support this theory.

First the Sheik from Brawl, keep in mind, Sakurai received some sort of artwork design from the Zelda creators showing what Sheik would look like if in Twilight Princess, Sakurai modified it to be the Brawl Sheik we know today.

Could Sakurai have been given the design of what Ganondorf was supposed to look like in Hyrule Warriors?

I think yes and I think Sakurai was given a early character design of this Ganondorf from Hyrule Warriors, and of course this explains why we didn't see Ganondorf yet, you'd think that he'd just be shown with Sheik at the Nintendo Direct, but the problem is it would of been a spoiler for Hyrule Warriors and Sakurai would have never been able to explain the design.

Another thing that really supports my theory is Space Demo Ganondorf aka Melee Ganondorf, keep in mind when Melee was released, Ganondorf's last appearance was OoT, and Majoras Mask and the Oracle games were the big thing, he was chosen over Majora because he's Ganon, and the same will happen again, but what appearance, well this Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf seems very likely because he reminds me of Space Demo Ganondorf in a way because he's revealed before Super Smash Bros is released, we caught a glimpse of him at E3, it just seems like if you think about it, this Ganondorf might of been around and we didn't know it because of course all has been kept secret, until now.

Its time to see Ganondorf's reveal, and we should in 7 days, oh and keep in mind character reveals usually happen on Thursdays and Fridays, if its a POTD.

Morbi

Scavenger

I am convinced we are now looking at the Ganondorf that's going to be in Super Smash Bros 4.

First the Sheik from Brawl, keep in mind, Sakurai received some sort of artwork design from the Zelda creators showing what Sheik would look like if in Twilight Princess, Sakurai modified it to be the Brawl Sheik we know today.

Could Sakurai have been given the design of what Ganondorf was supposed to look like in Hyrule Warriors?

I think yes and I think Sakurai was given a early character design of this Ganondorf from Hyrule Warriors, and of course this explains why we didn't see Ganondorf yet, you'd think that he'd just be shown with Sheik at the Nintendo Direct, but the problem is it would of been a spoiler for Hyrule Warriors and Sakurai would have never been able to explain the design.

Another thing that really supports my theory is Space Demo Ganondorf aka Melee Ganondorf, keep in mind when Melee was released, Ganondorf's last appearance was OoT, and Majoras Mask and the Oracle games were the big thing, he was chosen over Majora because he's Ganon, and the same will happen again, but what appearance, well this Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf seems very likely because he reminds me of Space Demo Ganondorf in a way because he's revealed before Super Smash Bros is released, we caught a glimpse of him at E3, it just seems like if you think about it, this Ganondorf might of been around and we didn't know it because of course all has been kept secret, until now.

Its time to see Ganondorf's reveal, and we should in 7 days, oh and keep in mind character reveals usually happen on Thursdays and Fridays, if its a POTD.
Perhaps as an alternate costume; however, I was operating under the assumption that Link and Zelda retain their Twilight Princess designs as Ganondorf does not have a Skyward Sword design. Albeit, I suppose that is just a theory.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I've never been too interested in Ganondorf in Smash Bros.

But his look in Hyrule Warriors look extremely awesome.

I mean it, if Ganondorf is in the game with this look, (and hopefully a new moveset) I'll consider secondarying him.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

As much as I want this to be true, I don't think it'll happen. Mainly because I'd think Sakurai would probably want to keep Smash separate from Hyrule Warriors. Zelda and Shiek has some pretty cool designs and weapons (like the Wind Waker, Shiek's harp, etc.) but none of them got transferred over to Smash. Like I said, I'd love to see HW Ganondorf but it doesn't seem all that likely. I'm crossing my fingers you're right though. Same with his moveset. I'd like to see a unique moveset similar to the attacks he was using in HW. I hope he gets revealed soon because I'm anxious to see what Sakurai did with him.

PS, Then again... one of his alts IS the same model from Smash (forgot which game it's from, TP?) Anything's possible at this point.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
By the way, I made this GIF for @ Hokori Hokori yesterday.

It's the Dorf patrol!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
the character most likely been developed already ,also having Link,Zelda on their Twilight Princess design and Ganondorf in a different design would be weird.

The best would be HW as a costume but since Link and Zelda doesn't have different versions costumes, i doubt it.
We don't know if they don't have alt costumes, Link at least have a "alt color", but is not the same as alt costumes. I don't say alt costumes for them are confirmed, but not having them on the demo means nothing.

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Back in March I put a lot of effort into convincing people of how great a heavy-hitting dual wielder Ganondorf would be, and I got a lot of negative feedback:

As a big Ganonorf fan myself, I have to ask; Why do so many people want him to use the Sages' sword? It's been shown that he prefers using two blades. Unless he gets a two-hander, a single sword seems like it would be a little underwhelming on Ganondorf.
Although it would be really neat if down B put one weapon away to free up a hand for faster casting.
Now look at all of you.

(@ TeamFlareZakk TeamFlareZakk : I'm looking at you.)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Back in March I put a lot of effort into convincing people of how great a heavy-hitting dual wielder Ganondorf would be, and I got a lot of negative feedback:

Now look at all of you.

(@ TeamFlareZakk TeamFlareZakk : I'm looking at you.)
I just find it funny how it took a Hyrule Warriors Direct to get people interested in Ganondorf. But I guess it kind of makes sense if they've never gotten into the LoZ franchise and only recognized 'FalconDorf'.

It's cool though. I like seeing people show some love for the Dorf, no matter the reason.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I just find it funny how it took a Hyrule Warriors Direct to get people interested in Ganondorf. But I guess it kind of makes sense if they've never gotten into the LoZ franchise and only recognized 'FalconDorf'.

It's cool though. I like seeing people show some love for the Dorf, no matter the reason.
Real talk, is it even possible to dislike Dorf? I vote no.

Morbi

Scavenger
Nothing is impossible. Someone, somewhere... they hate him. The reason they hate him is because they want to prove that it is indeed possible to hate such a magnificent and immaculate being!

Or the sages hate him.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
It's hard to dislike the Dorf, but I know for sure that plenty of people don't respect Him, especially after Brawl. After noticing all the attention that the Koopa King has been getting (I enjoy villains/badass anti-heroes naturally) lately, I couldn't help but get even more excited for the future of the Dorf.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It's hard to dislike the Dorf, but I know for sure that plenty of people don't respect Him, especially after Brawl. After noticing all the attention that the Koopa King has been getting (I enjoy villains/badass anti-heroes naturally) lately, I couldn't help but get even more excited for the future of the Dorf.
Respect the Dorf. Hopefully Sakurai has done him justice this time.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I know someone who thinks Ganondorf is a bland villain, mostly because of his lack of an extensive backstory. This someone only knows him from TP.
I was about to somewhat rage-post (bias too strong :ohwell:) until I read "This someone only knows him from TP". Well that explains a lot. The Gan-Man has experienced a good deal of change since He debuted. Only knowing Him from from TP really makes a difference, even though I know some people who have only played TP as well, but never said anything about Ganondorf being bland.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks

Why would he do that if this wasn't the case for Link or Zelda? Doesn't make sense to me. I'd also much rather have Sm4sh Ganondorf use his TP appearance for consistency, and have his HW appearance as an alternate costume.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I was about to somewhat rage-post (bias too strong :ohwell:) until I read "This someone only knows him from TP". Well that explains a lot. The Gan-Man has experienced a good deal of change since He debuted. Only knowing Him from from TP really makes a difference, even though I know some people who have only played TP as well, but never said anything about Ganondorf being bland.
I was getting ready to go on a rant about all the little things that make Ganondorf great that most people don't pay attention to, but I think I'll restrain myself. I don't think anyone in here needs convincing.

Morbi

Scavenger
I was getting ready to go on a rant about all the little things that make Ganondorf great that most people don't pay attention to, but I think I'll restrain myself. I don't think anyone in here needs convincing.
Convince me...

Tell him to play The Wind Waker.
Or Ocarina of Time, I gained a lot of insight about him through the game, through Gerudo Fortress even (as that pertains to his origins). It enabled me to appreciate him even more in Wind Waker.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Why would he do that if this wasn't the case for Link or Zelda? Doesn't make sense to me. I'd also much rather have Sm4sh Ganondorf use his TP appearance for consistency, and have his HW appearance as an alternate costume.
I think I mentioned this once before, but Link and Zelda's appearance didn't really change that much. They're still a dude in a tunic with a sword and a chick in a dress with long hair (and they both have pointy ears still).

This Ganondorf is markedly different from what we've seen before in a lot of ways, so I don't think it's safe to say he won't get a new look because the other Zelda franchise members didn't. It could happen, but not for that reason.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Convince me...
I'm getting the impression that you just want me to talk about him for your entertainment. But if you're not, I'll at least point out that he has a very particular way of speaking that I can't really describe, but that I just really like for some reason. And how he makes lght of even the most serious things, even his own death. Everything he spent his whole life working for is taken away right in front of him, and what's he do? He laughs.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm getting the impression that you just want me to talk about him for your entertainment. But if you're not, I'll at least point out that he has a very particular way of speaking that I can't really describe, but that I just really like for some reason. And how he makes lght of even the most serious things, even his own death. Everything he spent his whole life working for is taken away right in front of him, and what's he do? He laughs.
In that respect (discerning demented humor through your own misfortune), Ganondorf really reminds me of Ash Williams from Evil Dead (my favorite fictional character of all time). I suppose that is why I adore him so much. I also enjoy the sophisticated ambiance he gives off (by playing that beautiful organ). It is difficult to describe, I just enjoy every aspect of his character.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I think I mentioned this once before, but Link and Zelda's appearance didn't really change that much. They're still a dude in a tunic with a sword and a chick in a dress with long hair (and they both have pointy ears still).

This Ganondorf is markedly different from what we've seen before in a lot of ways, so I don't think it's safe to say he won't get a new look because the other Zelda franchise members didn't. It could happen, but not for that reason.
I dunno, it still wouldn't make sense to me that they'd use Link and Zelda's TP design and then Ganondorf's HW design. It's really inconsistent, and I don't think Sakurai would do that. Also, you could say Ganondorf is still a dude with a red beard that has pointy ears. Describing characters in such a fashion doesn't really help.

Not to mention at least Zelda's design is completely different from her TP design (and pretty much all of her designs), so she warrants a new Sm4sh design just as much as Ganonodorf does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom