• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Man, when you think a character can't grow anymore hair...

lulz i just jk, this Ganondorf is sooooo coooolll

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Hey! His long hair references TP Beast Ganon, too! I hope we get some classic Ganon references.
EDIT: Please forgive me for this double post. SmashBoards was reacting strangely.

Last edited:

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
A lot of people are saying they doubt that he'll look like he does in HW, but so far we have seen ZERO Ganon in smash. I'd say anything is possible at this point, and would explain why we haven't seen anything so far...
the character most likely been developed already ,also having Link,Zelda on their Twilight Princess design and Ganondorf in a different design would be weird.

The best would be HW as a costume but since Link and Zelda doesn't have different versions costumes, i doubt it.

Last edited:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
The moment I learn of Ganondorf's alternate weapon shall be a pleasing moment. Perhaps he will receive two! I hope Ganondorf is unlocked quickly during the game. I strongly dislike the idea of, for example, of requiring to pass half the game to unlock Ganondorf. Anyway, I hope his flight will be a usable feature of his gameplay.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Don't forget about customizable moveset possibilities for Ganondorf in Sm4sh. Gotta believe.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Here I state my desire for certain special move variations:
-a sand themed variation of an existing move
-a sneaky variation of a move
-a defensive variation of a move
@ Ridley_Prime Ridley_Prime Thanks for mentioning special move variations! Now I must wait to know if any of these happen!

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
DOODS! I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING!

GANONDORF HAS A FREAKIN STAND! GANONDORF IS A STAND USER!

OHMAWGAWD!

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I hope Sakurai gave Ganondorf a new moveset because he just got SHOWN UP by Hyrule Warriors. It would be a shame to see Falcondorf again. And everyone should give Sakurai the Luigi Death Stare.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, Hyrule Warriors GD is easily the most interesting, coolest, and awesome to behold of all playable Ganondorfs. And I love the hair. And the coat. And the armor. And... can we just have this guy?

Edit: okay, let's say he doesn't get a sword. Fine. Keep the choke, give him a magical projectile, allow him to hover, and give him a bitchslap. Just have him knock people on their ass all day. Let the Demon King gaze down upon your pitiful form and show you what true power is.

Otherwise, I really want this version of Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Just coming by to say I hope like hell Ganondorf gets a Hyrule warriors inspired, moveset, because he looks sick as ****!

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I do still prefer the Twilight Princess design personally, but I like all of the dark magic he uses in the trailer. The dual blades would be better than any other weapon too, but I'd still prefer him being a puncher + magic user.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Funny how the Hyrule Warriors design also references Demise, which makes sense, considering that Ganondorf is the incarnation of Demise's hatred towards Hylia and her chosen heroes.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That is a nice Skyward Sword spoiler.

Anyways, Demisedorf looks great, but as @ MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees , I still prefer the Twilight Princess design, though I will be glad with any of the two designs in Smash.

I just hope he doesn't get a sword (in Smash). Seriously, no more swords (besides Shulk). Give him a trident instead or just projectiles.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
By the way, the new Ganondorf looks a **** ton like King Caineghis from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
*Crosses Fingers* Please let this be our SSB4 Ganondorf moveset and all.

Last edited:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Well, the moveset might not change because Sakurai himself mains Ganondorf. I want a change, but I still like Ganondorf's moveset as is.
That being said: If the give him Dead Man's Volley, a sword or two, and bit more magic, I won't complain.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Yeah, Hyrule Warriors GD is easily the most interesting, coolest, and awesome to behold of all playable Ganondorfs.
That's not really saying much, since from what I can remember Falcondorf is his only competition.

By the way, the new Ganondorf looks a **** ton like King Caineghis from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn:

Looks more like Zangurak from The Last Story in my opinion.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
His HW mane is beautiful. It seems so natural. I'd KILL to have this Ganondorf in Smash, but i don't think we'll get him. Maybe as a DLC skin? Heck, i'd buy it.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I am gonna be so damn pissed if he's still a clone. Bet you never heard that one before.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah, there's really no excuse for Ganon to be a Falcon Clone anymore. Hell, there wasn't really an excuse in Brawl. Still though, he is one of the characters who I feel does need to come back regardless. Clone or not, he's one of the only villans we got in this game. I need more baddies.

Also we need a alt of that glorious Lionmanedorf.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yeah, there's really no excuse for Ganon to be a Falcon Clone anymore. Hell, there wasn't really an excuse in Brawl. Still though, he is one of the characters who I feel does need to come back regardless. Clone or not, he's one of the only villans we got in this game. I need more baddies.

Also we need a model hack of that glorious Lionmanedorf.
Yeah, good 'ol Dorf is WAY too iconic to be cut, even if he remains a clone.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Frankly, I'm willing to keep Falcondorf provided they change his goddamn B moves (okay side-B is good but I'd personally have him do the neck lift thing as his grab). Sakurai doesn't have an excuse to keep them now given how Pit has all new B-moves aside from arrows and Sheik has a new side-B. Its bad enough that its pure laziness but they're not even that good.

His A-moves are actually pretty cool.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord

Also we need a alt of that glorious Lionmanedorf.
i fell like we will get one new move like we got with his side B in brawl you know make him a less of a clone one game at a time like they did with luigi

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Frankly, I'm willing to keep Falcondorf provided they change his goddamn B moves (okay side-B is good but I'd personally have him do the neck lift thing as his grab). Sakurai doesn't have an excuse to keep them now given how Pit has all new B-moves aside from arrows and Sheik has a new side-B. Its bad enough that its pure laziness but they're not even that good.

His A-moves are actually pretty cool.
I think that's a perfectly fine middle ground, yeah. Give him the same treatment as Pit and such. His A moves are pretty fine as is (I always have been a fan of his jab and up tilt).

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
I'm really, really liking the Hyrule Warriors design, and while I don't see a real chance of it happening I am totally hopping on the bandwagon that he should be the version in Smash. Swords, dark magic, and fisticuffs together? So much yes.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Funny how the Hyrule Warriors design also references Demise, which makes sense, considering that Ganondorf is the incarnation of Demise's hatred towards Hylia and her chosen heroes.
Darn you, I had totally blocked that idiotic development from my memory. Now I have to bang my head until it goes away again.

Last edited:

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think it's infeasible for them to give Ganon the look he has in HW. Link and Zelda's general appearances are still basically the same, but this is a pretty big difference for the dorf, so I could see them changing his look. I wouldn't be surprised to see either design in smash, though; the art team should have no problem creating the look in smash either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom