• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Ocarina-style Ganon or TP Ganon? Or a ombination of both? What do ya'll prefer?
Combination, with some of his Ganon powers thrown in for good measure, like teleportation and fire bats.

But like I've stressed before--Unique non-clone Ganondorf isn't going to happen, no matter how much I want it. The best we can hope for is the Palutena treatment where at least we can give him some of his actual powers from the Zelda games via Customized Movesets.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Combination, with some of his Ganon powers thrown in for good measure, like teleportation and fire bats.

But like I've stressed before--Unique non-clone Ganondorf isn't going to happen, no matter how much I want it. The best we can hope for is the Palutena treatment where at least we can give him some of his actual powers from the Zelda games via Customized Movesets.
I think it could happen a completely new ganondorf, but it should be esentially a newcomer with trailer and drawing, and probbaly black bull would be newcomer too "a la Lucina". thoug even if it could happen, the chances of that are evenlower than seeing girahim , vaati or classic ganon imo.

What i think that will happen is a Big overhaul like bowsers, and a heavy luigification and i'm with everyone here, warlock punch needs to go. It's the perfect move to be replaced since it's useless anyway and noone gonna miss it. While his forward B need to stay, since ironically is quite unique. (and used in brawl) (wouldn't mind much changing down B and up be too)

what would be good enough for me is new specials for neutral and down b, maybe a reworked animation for up b, 2 to 3 attacks with different properties hitboxes and animations, and different animations for 1 or 2 attacks for the sake of flavour. (Oh, and a different dash animation, brawl one is waaay to awkward.)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
TP Ganon by far, Ocarina Ganon looks like your friendly neighbourhood troll from the swamp, TP Ganon actually look intimidating when he isn't jogging.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
@ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming Do you mean the pig form or human form? There are aspects which I prefer TP human form for, but I ultimately choose OoT Ganondorf. About the pig form, Ganon, I prefer the TP form. Which do you prefer, and why?

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Are the character rosters for 3ds and Wiiu the same?

I could understand waiting until closer to release date to unveil more characters to build up hype leading into launch.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
I like the OoT Ganondorf better, mainly because of how his armor looks. It's a lot more iconic and badass (especially with that color scheme...) than the generic looking "black Medieval armor" in TP.
Some people don't like his swamp-troll face, and I can sort of see that. TP ganondorf has a better looking face and a cooler beard, but I don't dig the honeycomb hair-bun thing he's got going on.

So my vote goes for OoT, but I'd be happy with a combination.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
They just confirmed a new Direct based on Hyrule Warriors. Given the nature of the Direct it's very possible we'll see Ganondorf on this one.
What if... Ganondorf is confirmed playable in both Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros 4 in the same Direct! :) I'd be happy with that!

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Now that I think about it again, I guess I really don't mind what they do as long as the programming still allows for the Flight of Ganon.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
@ Naroghin Naroghin The Flight of Ganon should be a special move. But I value techniques like the Flight of Ganon, which require precise, usually unreliable button use.
@ Fishbowl Fishbowl I understand. Despite OoT Ganondorf's unique design, his long, curved nose is relatively stereotypical. Possibly his thick eyebrows, too.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see this Ganon for his final smash.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I personally think Ganondorf is fine just the way he is; I'm talking about Project M Ganondorf, not the god-awful Brawl one. I do believe that some clones like Falco, Ganondorf, and Toon Link can work very well as long as they're done right. Clones have slightly different playstyles to fit more needy players. Some can't get used to Fox's fast-falling, or...whatever else he has, so people like me prefer Falco for his arial game and better power.

Same can be said for Ganondorf; some people are more comfortable with a bulkier Capt. Falcon with more PAWNCH!

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I have no doubts on the notion of Ganondorf returning, though in what form seems to be what we're all questioning. Personally, as someone who used Brawl Ganondorf frequently, I would be okay if Ganondorf remains with the Captain Falcon move-set, provided he is overall improved. It's not preferential, and I'll be disappointed, but I won't be angry over it.

I hope to at least see him with a new neutral special as well, preferably Dead Man's Volley, but a spell based special in general would be appreciated. A unique down B would also be pretty cool; I do like the idea of him being able to draw a weapon though won't mind other ideas for a down B.

I also like the sound of being able to change up how Ganondorf plays overall whilst retaining Ganondorf's general playstyle with introducing Black Shadow. While I do believe Black Shadow could have a unique move-set, this would be the easiest way to include him in a playable role and I'd like for Black Shadow to be playable.

That said, and while I'm unsure if it's something that has been brought in these forums before, rather than a sword I'd much rather see Ganondorf wield a trident. True, he has never wielded one outside of his Ganon form, but it'd be a nice reference to the older Zelda's and a unique weapon that no other character wields in SSB currently. If not a trident, then the dual swords would also be nice, though I'd much rather see Ganondorf wield (or be able to use via a special move) his trident.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I personally think Ganondorf is fine just the way he is; I'm talking about Project M Ganondorf, not the god-awful Brawl one. I do believe that some clones like Falco, Ganondorf, and Toon Link can work very well as long as they're done right. Clones have slightly different playstyles to fit more needy players. Some can't get used to Fox's fast-falling, or...whatever else he has, so people like me prefer Falco for his arial game and better power.

Same can be said for Ganondorf; some people are more comfortable with a bulkier Capt. Falcon with more PAWNCH!
I really don't like Ganondorf as a clone. There is no correlation between him and Cpt. Falcon other than the fact they're both in Smash. Stuff like Toon Link and Lucina, I can get, but something like Ganondorf being a clone is insulting to the character.

I don't hate his playstyle, I think the heavy-hitting warlock is right for him. Maybe add in some dark magic and I'll like the way he plays. But being a ripoff of Captain Falcon? Ugh.

Note: I also like the idea of a trident, but I'd rather keep his playstyle of a heavy-hitter (just change his moves!). I'd love to see what they can do with a trident.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I hope we do see Ganondorf AND Ghirahim revealed as playable characters in Super Smash Bros 4 at the Hyrule Warriors Direct.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I hope Ganondorf is somehow involved in the Hyrule Warriors Direct. I want to see how he looks in Hyrule Warriors. Anyway, I doubt we will receive any SSB info alongside this Direct, as many desire.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
From what I could gather, I firmly believe Ganondorf will return along with a new Zelda charcater. I'm hoping Ganondorf will wield a trident, or duel blades, or at least have unique special attacks. Then again, there's always Moveset Customization.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Pending
:ness2::jigglypuff::popo::mewtwopm::falco::ganondorf::metaknight::wario::lucas::rob::wolf:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I doubt we'll see any pervasive changes to playstyle. All changes to other characters are mostly single-move updates, new specials, and perhaps some general changes that make all the same stuff a little more [fill in the blank], such as ZSS' rocket heals or the fact that Bowser finally saw a chiropractor. Would I accept a completely new, trident-wielding Ganon with open arms? Of course I would! Sign me up! I just think it won't happen, unfortunately. More of the same isn't necessarily a bad thing, though.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
The Hyrule Warrior Direct is at 11pm EST / 8 pm PST... I too am hoping for some showing of some Villains for both games. I would love Ganondorf to comeback but another cool character which they showed some footage of would be Volvagia in his Human form now I think that would be cool. Give me Ganondorf + Him or Ghirahim and I will probably faint at my computer lol.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
So Zant and Ghirahim are playable in Hyrule Warriors, no Ganon so far...

(sorry if we know this already, I'm watching the direct and haven't heard much about the game so far)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ganondorf is playable in Hyrule Warriors!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Snap, what a beast design. I really hope SSB Ganondorf has a Hyrule Warriors skin or is default. Because that's freaking awesome

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
After Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf, Sakurai has no excuse to make him a clone.
AT ALL!

also he is freaking beast in Hyrule Warriors with the Giant Hand Swipe and kicking the chest open :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom