• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Ganondorf is in Hyrule Warriors... Still don't know if he's playable.

Given what they said about being able to play as your favorite Zelda character... I'm guessing yes.

Hell, at this point I'm willing to speculate that Tingle will be playable in that game.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'm very disappointed Ganondorf wasn't revealed to get some hype for those Zelda games, for the first time ever, E3's Zelda previews were absolutely boring, I'm not interested in any of these Zelda games what so ever, Ganon being revealed in Super Smash Bros would be something that would of created some sort of hype, but that didn't happen.

Hyrule Warriors is released September 26th, that's too late to reveal Ganondorf, the Super Smash Bros 3ds will be released only a week after, that's really cutting it close, and the other game doesn't help at all because its released next year, there's just no opportunity with these games to reveal Ganondorf, unless for some reason Hyrule Warriors and Super Smash Bros have a Nintendo Direct where he's announced in both games.

I'd like to see him revealed sometime before the release of Hyrule Warriors, simply because Super Smash Bros 3ds comes out on October 3 and Hyrule Warriors is released September 26, like I said those are really close release dates.

We have ideas what his moveset could be and how he's going to look, the question now is when will we see Ganondorf revealed?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ganondorf was teased already however. Didn't you guys see that part where Mario, and I think a Mii Fighter character looking like one of the Nintendo Devs where fighting both Wario and Ganondorf in a sort of Robot Chicken-like style?

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Diddy Kong. It was strange! I thought they would have Ganondorf speak, since Link and Mario spoke. But keeping Ganondorf silent maintained his seriousness. Ultimately, I suppose I prefer silence over a possibly silly impersonation. Anyway, I am still indecisive about Ganondorf's SSB4 fighting style. I still prefer small range, but a sword would be OK if it was used only rarely. I wouldn't want it magically summoned for each use, or sheathed after each use. But I would prefer it to be sheathed if I must choose. I dislike the idea of Ganondorf summoning weapons magically; he always carries his weapon anyways.

Last edited:

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I don't care how they do it, as long as Ganondorf isn't just a slow C.Falcon anymore I'll be happy. I could say the same thing about Falco but we don't have confirmation he will even be in the next smash.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Im a little dissapointed that after the Palutena reveal, i was left wondering WHY they didnt handled Ganondorf the way she was handled.

I mean, i always wanted him to that instead of being a cpt falcon clone focused on Melee, he should have been a pseudo wizard with strong magical attacks and some strong melee attacks. Proyectiles, torpedo dashes, powered up magical blows, super novas, i dont know....

In palutena they caught exactly the essence of what i would have designed Ganondorf. But instead of being a delicate goddess, he need to be a slow as ****, destructive warlock of doom.

If he is going to be as slow as he is in Brawl, he must be totally decloned from Capt Falcon, and made a magical powerhouse, lacking in speed but compesating it with powerful midrange blows and whatever else a warlock would need to destroy anyone who comes close. Oh and also a much better recover please.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Im a little dissapointed that after the Palutena reveal, i was left wondering WHY they didnt handled Ganondorf the way she was handled.

I mean, i always wanted him to that instead of being a cpt falcon clone focused on Melee, he should have been a pseudo wizard with strong magical attacks and some strong melee attacks. Proyectiles, torpedo dashes, powered up magical blows, super novas, i dont know....

In palutena they caught exactly the essence of what i would have designed Ganondorf. But instead of being a delicate goddess, he need to be a slow as ****, destructive warlock of doom.

If he is going to be as slow as he is in Brawl, he must be totally decloned from Capt Falcon, and made a magical powerhouse, lacking in speed but compesating it with powerful midrange blows and whatever else a warlock would need to destroy anyone who comes close. Oh and also a much better recover please.
Honestly, if they don't revamp Ganondorf but put special detail into F---ing MIIS, I'm going to be pissed. Simple as that.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Honestly, if they don't revamp Ganondorf but put special detail into F---ing MIIS, I'm going to be pissed. Simple as that.
Yeah me too. With the attention to detail on all the characters and their canon games like Pelutena, Pac-Man, Freaking Mii!!! I would honestly flip a lid if the king of evil who is a wizard/sword fighter is a clone of a punching/kicking race car driver. I would be livid!

But I honestly think that Namco- Bandai know what their doing and would tell/told Sakurai to revamp him to actually fit his character. But I'm keeping my hopes down cause I really don't want to be dissapointed... Again...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah me too. With the attention to detail on all the characters and their canon games like Pelutena, Pac-Man, Freaking Mii!!! I would honestly flip a lid if the king of evil who is a wizard/sword fighter is a clone of a punching/kicking race car driver. I would be livid!

But I honestly think that Namco- Bandai know what their doing and would tell/told Sakurai to revamp him to actually fit his character. But I'm keeping my hopes down cause I really don't want to be dissapointed... Again...
Almost every character is getting updated in some way... I can't imagine Ganondorf not getting the same treatment, but I am skeptical...

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Revamped Ganondorf (remade into... Canon-dorf) would hype me more than most of the newcomers, honestly.

Canondorf >>> Falcondorf

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I predict Ganondorf will have a different Neutral and Down Special, but that Warlock Punch and Wizard Foot are still customisable moves.

Or the other way around.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon could borrow his clone Special moves and let Ganondorf have complete unique Special sets, preferably those canon of his.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Why didn't Smashboards tell me this thread was getting activity?!

So yeah, I had the idea of custom movesets being the solution to the Ganondorf problem for a while now, but never did I think it would actually happen.

But more importantly, has no one realized that we'll be getting a Ganondorf figure?! *squeels*

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why didn't Smashboards tell me this thread was getting activity?!

So yeah, I had the idea of custom movesets being the solution to the Ganondorf problem for a while now, but never did I think it would actually happen.

But more importantly, has no one realized that we'll be getting a Ganondorf figure?! *squeels*
Oh I knew that lol.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I hope he comes back, and with a new moveset too! (Completely new or Luigified I don't mind).
Ganondorf should be completely new. He's got plenty of moves to pick from and look at all the stuff being put into Palutena and Mii Fighters. If Ganondorf doesn't get good treatment this time, I'll start to believe Sakurai really does favor his characters more than any others. But I'm confident in Sakurai at this point since he's putting so much love into all these characters. I mean, look at Mega Man. Its awesome.

Although I am a bit worried about Ganondorf... I just hope he can put my worry to rest.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I have a feeling we'll be getting information faster as the release draws closer. The Ike reveal happened pretty close to E3. So I'm hoping that means we can expect to see him soon.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I have a feeling we'll be getting information faster as the release draws closer. The Ike reveal happened pretty close to E3. So I'm hoping that means we can expect to see him soon.
Agreed, I think Ganondorf is likely to pop up much earlier this time around.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I honestly can't see him not being in the game I mean technically speaking he is the villain in most Zelda games.

Ganon is the reincarnation of Demise

And considering what they did to Pit and Bowser, I'm pretty confident that Ganondorf will get a sick new moveset.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I honestly can't see him not being in the game I mean technically speaking he is the villain in most Zelda games.

Ganon is the reincarnation of Demise

And considering what they did to Pit and Bowser, I'm pretty confident that Ganondorf will get a sick new moveset.
Well, there's no doubt he's IN the game. The question is: Are they actually going to give him the new moveset he deserves? That's what we're worried about. There's no way Ganondorf is getting replaced and anyone who thinks so is clearly psychotic.

EDIT: Especially from a one-time-only villain like Ghirahim. Ghirahim can be in Hyrule Warriors. :p

Last edited:

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
I hope he's a secret unlockable along with Mewtwo. You guys seem pretty sure that he's in, but that roster is filling up pretty quickly... He's not the first one who would get cut, but Sakurai is full of surprises when it comes to roster selection. Remember how disappointed people were when R.O.B. and the 35 character roster was confirmed?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I hope he's a secret unlockable along with Mewtwo. You guys seem pretty sure that he's in, but that roster is filling up pretty quickly... He's not the first one who would get cut, but Sakurai is full of surprises when it comes to roster selection. Remember how disappointed people were when R.O.B. and the 35 character roster was confirmed?
Ganondorf? Of course he's in, they're no way Sakurai is dropping one of Nintendo's most iconic villains.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Ganondorf? Of course he's in, they're no way Sakurai is dropping one of Nintendo's most iconic villains.
I'm just saying, we have a pretty full roster already. A lot of series are covered and there's a lot of variety.

It's very unlikely, but I can see there being a "veteran catastrophe" where tons of cuts are made. *Knock on wood*

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm just saying, we have a pretty full roster already. A lot of series are covered and there's a lot of variety.

It's very unlikely, but I can see there being a "veteran catastrophe" where tons of cuts are made. *Knock on wood*
I can see several characters being cut such as Falco and Lucas or Ness, plus the common Snake, Ivysaur, Jigglypuff. Perhaps even Jigglypuff. But Ganondorf isn't going to get cut anytime soon.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
The only two moves I would like Ganondorf to keep are his side-B "Flame Choke" cause it totally fits his character and is unique to him. And his Down Air aka-"The Stomp" it's just too good to take away. And I can imagine Ganondorf doing it in an actual fight in LOZ.

Except those moves I can say goodbye to everything else.

And I really doubt Ganon is getting cut he is very popular and has great potential as a character and for a kickass moveset. also I believe Sakurai said he is one of his favorites. Which is kinda of confusing than to why he kept him a clone (and made him horrible!) in Brawl?!?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The only two moves I would like Ganondorf to keep are his side-B "Flame Choke" cause it totally fits his character and is unique to him. And his Down Air aka-"The Stomp" it's just too good to take away. And I can imagine Ganondorf doing it in an actual fight in LOZ.

And I really doubt Ganon is getting cut he is very popular and has great potential as a character and for a kickass moveset. also I believe Sakurai said he is one of his favorites. Which is kinda of confusing than to why he kept him a clone (and made him horrible!) in Brawl?!?
Sakurai overestimated Ganondorf's potential really. If he played Ganondorf more than other characters, he was used to playing as Ganondorf and kept buffing other characters, never realizing he was in turn making Ganondorf absolute ****. Which is why its good there's a lot more people doing balancing now.

TeamFlareZakk

If Ganondorf really is to be a clone of Captain Falcon, then I'd rather see him replaced with Monster Ganon with a Ganondorf costume, kind of like how in Tekken Tag, Dragonov had a Ganondorf costume.

This could count as a new character and he'd have moves Monster Ganon would wield the Trident, he'd have moves like that freaken energy ball we always wanted on Ganondorf replacing Ganon punch, Earthquake, his recovery could be him thowing his trident then warping to it, and of course the Trident stab, I'm also in support of Monster Ganon replacing Ganondorf, bt only Monster Ganon because we need Ganon in this game whether he's Ganondorf or Ganon and I can't accept the likes of characters like Ghirahim replacing him no matter what move set they have.

However I think we do actually have Ganondorf in, and yeah even I mained Ganondorf in Brawl, but after recent study I discovered I was better with Zelda which my second main, and that Bowser is actually my best character, Ganondorf isn't my best, but I like using him regardless because this is one game he's playable in and out of Zelda characters, I freaken hate Link, I like a lot of Zelda characters, but Link ironically is my least favorite, I need my Anti-Link in this game.

I have reason to believe Ganondorf was supposed to always to have his sword, but for some stupid reason they decided to just throw Captain Falcon's moveset on him, whether the sword moveset is somehow failing, I don't know, but what supports this theory is the presence on Ganondorf having a sword in Super Smash Bros games.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Ganondorf really is to be a clone of Captain Falcon, then I'd rather see him replaced with Monster Ganon with a Ganondorf costume, kind of like how in Tekken Tag, Dragonov had a Ganondorf costume.

This could count as a new character and he'd have moves Monster Ganon would wield the Trident, he'd have moves like that freaken energy ball we always wanted on Ganondorf replacing Ganon punch, Earthquake, his recovery could be him thowing his trident then warping to it, and of course the Trident stab, I'm also in support of Monster Ganon replacing Ganondorf, bt only Monster Ganon because we need Ganon in this game whether he's Ganondorf or Ganon and I can't accept the likes of characters like Ghirahim replacing him no matter what move set they have.

However I think we do actually have Ganondorf in, and yeah even I mained Ganondorf in Brawl, but after recent study I discovered I was better with Zelda which my second main, and that Bowser is actually my best character, Ganondorf isn't my best, but I like using him regardless because this is one game he's playable in and out of Zelda characters, I freaken hate Link, I like a lot of Zelda characters, but Link ironically is my least favorite, I need my Anti-Link in this game.

I have reason to believe Ganondorf was supposed to always to have his sword, but for some stupid reason they decided to just throw Captain Falcon's moveset on him, whether the sword moveset is somehow failing, I don't know, but what supports this theory is the presence on Ganondorf having a sword in Super Smash Bros games.
Ganondorf was given Captain Falcon's moveset in Melee because he had the option of creating one fully original character (which would've been Dedede) or six clones, and Ganondorf had a similar build to Captain Falcon. That's really the only reason.

Morbi

Scavenger

I personally adore his f-air, b-air, f-tilt, s-special, and d-special (so fun). Other than that, I could actually probably say goodbye to everything else.

TeamFlareZakk

Ganondorf was given Captain Falcon's moveset in Melee because he had the option of creating one fully original character (which would've been Dedede) or six clones, and Ganondorf had a similar build to Captain Falcon. That's really the only reason.
I know I'm going to get some hate, but I'm kind of glad Ganondorf got picked over Dedede, and King Dedede fans, seriously don't hate, Dedede got in Brawl, and he got revealed before Ganondorf in Super Smash Bros 4 so its cool, Dedede somehow got his revenge or whatever.

Morbi

Scavenger
I know I'm going to get some hate, but I'm kind of glad Ganondorf got picked over Dedede, and King Dedede fans, seriously don't hate, Dedede got in Brawl, and he got revealed before Ganondorf in Super Smash Bros 4 so its cool, Dedede somehow got his revenge or whatever.
Why would you get any hate for that in the Ganondorf thread? I would like to believe that most people prefer 5-6 characters over one to be perfectly honest. We got Dedede in Brawl anyways, so the difference is negligible. Haha.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why would you get any hate for that in the Ganondorf thread? I would like to believe that most people prefer 5-6 characters over one to be perfectly honest. We got Dedede in Brawl anyways, so the difference is negligible. Haha.
And Dedede was more original than Ganondorf. Pisses me off that one of Nintendo's most iconic villains is still being a half-assed clone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I actually want Ganondorf to mostly have the same aerials. Outside of his horrible neutral air. Flame Choke should remain. And really, I can't see Ganondorf getting cut if he was teased already with the Robot Chicken part where he appeared in. Also, he's coming back in Hyrule Warriors, pretty much looking like his TP-self. He's probably gonna be playable along the run to, so if he's not in Smash that'd be extremely strange.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I personally adore his f-air, b-air, f-tilt, s-special, and d-special (so fun). Other than that, I could actually probably say goodbye to everything else.
oh don't get me wrong I love using those moves too. (actually his f-tilt should remain in his move set, he does it in Twilight Princess) but i would trade them all for a new move set. It about darn time we actually get to play as Ganondorf in a way that truly represents his character and moves in LOZ. Even if he still horrible (I doubt it though) I would still enjoy him being a unique character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom