• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Patch 1.1.0 Changes (Good News!)

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'll list the changes here as they arrive.

So far:

Buffs:
FAir does 17 (light) - 18% (sweet) from 16 (light) - 17% (sweet). Due to this, it kills earlier as well.
Uthrow does 10% now from 7% (still a two-hit move).
Dsmash angles changed and it also got a huge buff with knockback and a size increase with the last kick.

Other characters changes:

Sheik's fair weakened.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I'll list the changes here as they arrive.

So far:

Buffs:
FAir does 17 (light) - 18% (sweet) from 16 (light) - 17% (sweet).

Other characters changes:

Sheik's fair weakened.
Harder for her to hit the sweetspot on Nair too.

Coolkidd

Smash Cadet
NNID
Coolkidd95
3DS FC
0774-5050-1590
Switch FC
SW-1709-2409-3980
People thought I was insane when I told them about the up throw buff :D

Krakhead

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0662-3538-9154
Down throw looks to have decreased knockback, as it killed at 380% center of FD before and at 392% now

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Thanks, Kalm. I've been tinkering around and haven't been able to find anything else of substance, but the F-air killing a little earlier is better than nothing.

For what it's worth, sweet-spotted F-air kills Mario at 107% from the center of WiiU Battlefield and 82% from the ledge.

Last edited:

Twoyears

Smash Cadet
I have very little idea of how to read this but from what I can tell 2 of the hitboxes have swapped angles on the first hit, possibly for better connection.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I have very little idea of how to read this but from what I can tell 2 of the hitboxes have swapped angles on the first hit, possibly for better connection.
Yep, just figured it out. Though, the two hitboxes have three different hits each. The first kick hitbox swapped the very first hit with the second. And the last kick hitbox just changed the angle of it's very last hit.

Complicated, but this is what I got out of it.

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
apparently aerial wizard foot breaks shields.
edit: not sure if legit testing it out for myself.

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
DSmash if someone didn't beat me to it. On my phone.

Second hitbox appears to be larger as well?

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Yes Lord Sakurai! Unbind our shackles so we may be as powerful as ever before!

Panchito

Smash Rookie
NNID
PanCat
3DS FC
4768-7623-9286
Before the update, a Dsmash at the start of training mode while on the edge and Mario in spawn position would kill at 80% with both hits. Now it is killing at 57%.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
If BKB stands for knockback, then, yes, Dsmash may have gotten a bit more knockback.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Another confirmation: Ganon's Dsmash did indeed change.

It's angles are different, and it has more knockback.

Using just the last hit on the top platform of BF, a fully charged Dsmash killed Sheik at 80% on the 3ds unpatched. It killed Sheik at 57% on the Wii U.

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
Fair doesn't have any knockback or angle changes, so I'm assuming it doesn't kill any earlier.

Uthrow doesn't have a knockback change, but it's angles are different and I'm not sure if that affects killing percents.

Last edited:

BOB R.O.B.

Smash Rookie
I really want to know about that Aerial Wizard Foot Shield Break. If it does..."Swoon" too good. Here's a video of it apparently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuz25m_nm3U
But the person says if they pull up full shield it doesn't break? So DK's Side B like Aerial Wizard Foot? I need to know. Also Down Smash buff? It's killing people like Ganon should be, Yes Perfect.

Panchito

Smash Rookie
NNID
PanCat
3DS FC
4768-7623-9286
Kills about 6% earlier if I tested it correctly.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Fair doesn't have any knockback or angle changes, so I'm assuming it doesn't kill any earlier.
Damage Factors into knockback, meaning it will have slightly more.
I really want to know about that Aerial Wizard Foot Shield Break. If it does..."Swoon" too good. Here's a video of it apparently https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuz25m_nm3U
But the person says if they pull up full shield it doesn't break? So DK's Side B like Aerial Wizard Foot? I need to know. Also Down Smash buff? It's killing people like Ganon should be, Yes Perfect.
Ganon's aerial wizard's foot has always had shield damage, but that appears to be considerably more than it used to have.

Last edited:

BOB R.O.B.

Smash Rookie
Kills about 6% earlier if I tested it correctly.
If you are talking about Down Smash, I was hoping it kill...a lot earlier considering Falcon's seems stronger. But better than nothing...when's Dark Dive buff...please.

Deotay

Smash Cadet
Aerial Wizard Foot has always done a lot of shield damage.

BOB R.O.B.

Smash Rookie
Damage Factors into knockback, meaning it will have slightly more.

Ganon's aerial wizard's foot has always had shield damage, but that appears to be considerably more than it used to have.
I knew that, but I want super confirmation that it has even more, because if it does well Reverse Warlock for days and more pressure all around. And Fear, lots of Fear. Which is normal for anyone facing Dorf.

Panchito

Smash Rookie
NNID
PanCat
3DS FC
4768-7623-9286
No, the 6% was for the Fair. DSmash kills 23% earlier the way I tested it.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The size of the last kick of dsmash increased according to the data dump.

From "5" to "6".

BOB R.O.B.

Smash Rookie
Please be real. Sakurai does care...sometimes. That's amazing if true and more accurate linking of hits is also incredible. It's a good day for Dorf. Even though that's everyday.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I knew that, but I want super confirmation that it has even more, because if it does well Reverse Warlock for days and more pressure all around. And Fear, lots of Fear. Which is normal for anyone facing Dorf.
New Combo confirmed!
Slight used shield->aerial wizkick->utaunt/side taunt->reverse warlock punch->fear and shame
Brothers, the wind brings to us the fresh breeze of Hyrule. Now, it is ours for our taking.
Ganondorf is now substantially better, with more fear, more mind games, and more shame to our enemies. U-throw with a mere 2 pummels should now do 16%.
Sakurai is finally making Ganondorf a fantastic character worthy of Demise.
I hope we also get some frame data more in our favor too. But this is more than substantial for buffs. I am very content.

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I'm pretty sure these changes would have been listed in the data dump.

The only thing not included in that batch as far as I know are things like projectiles and IASA frames.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Friend of mine is unsure if Dsmash base knockback grew or growth grew, but also says they too read there were Uthrow angle changes. Wish I could get on and test lol, might be able to in a bit.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
U-throw buff is pretty much useless honestly, since the first hit got the damage buff. Shame too, it probably would've been a great kill throw if the last hit did 7.

Rage seems to impact F-air strongly, causing it to start killing around 50 or so with full rage.

This D-smash buff is massive. With full rage it's almost as strong as Ganon's F-smash, which is a big deal considering it's his fastest smash and this means he can kill effectively from both sides of the stage.

Also, Olimar is doomed. Flame Choke --> D-smash is still a true combo. Fun times ahoy!

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
U-throw buff is pretty much useless honestly, since the first hit got the damage buff. Shame too, it probably would've been a great kill throw if the last hit did 7.

Rage seems to impact F-air strongly, causing it to start killing around 50 or so with full rage.

This D-smash buff is massive. With full rage it's almost as strong as Ganon's F-smash, which is a big deal considering it's his fastest smash and this means he can kill effectively from both sides of the stage.

Also, Olimar is doomed. Flame Choke --> D-smash is still a true combo. Fun times ahoy!
Just to note, D-smash out of a choke doesn't work if Ganondorf has Pikmin latching on him so it's not guaranteed.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
It merits more testing, and I'm not sure if this is due to the damage increase or unknown endlag reductions, but it seems to me that Fastfall F-air is "safe on block" a la U-smash.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Yeah, holy goddamn ****. I took a break from Smash because I had to remodel my house, but now's looking like a great time to come back. If these buffs keep up, who the hell needs customs?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Very interesting. Not the buffs I hoped, but I am satisfied for now. *rubs hands together*

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796
I like how much easier it is to break shield with air dropkick. Although it seems like you need to do some damage to shield first... Also... DAT DOWN SMASH

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Fair: I love the 1% buff. It almost does 20% damage now, which is brutal.

Uthrow: This gives us all the more reasons to start juggling ppl center stage with Uthrow when Dthrow is less practical.

Dsmash: Dsmash techchasing Confirmed! Ganon can now KO by techchasing with properly spaced Dsmashes, much like Captain Falcon.
Also, could be sweet by the ledge to cover GUA, Roll, and Get up, and actually get a kill off of it.

Fresh Aerial Wizkick always did heavy Shield Damage, guys.
Unless it's been slightly, slightly buffed further - Imma test it once I get home.

FAir does 17 (light) - 18% (sweet) from 16 (light) - 17% (sweet). Due to this, it kills earlier as well.
What do you mean it kills earlier, Kalm? Does it have more knockback as well?

Down throw looks to have decreased knockback, as it killed at 380% center of FD before and at 392% now
If this is true, then the combination of a stronger Fair & a weaker Dthrow should be even more deadly than before.:Keep your friends close, and your victims closer ~

Last edited:

BballLuke13

Smash Cadet
NNID
BballLuke13
3DS FC
5129-1952-0414
I know aerial Wizard's foot has always done massive shield damage, but now it seems to do just a little more, to the point where it completely breaks shields.

Top Bottom