• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is STILL the best character ever (Wii-U Online Tournament: Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
I'm planning on getting a capture card for smash 4 Wii U, so my games will probably be streamed and I can be spectator and stream other games as well!
I've been asking around about capture cards and stuff but I've never gotten an answer on what's good for streaming/recording on Wii U.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
I've been asking around about capture cards and stuff but I've never gotten an answer on what's good for streaming/recording on Wii U.
I have been looking around for it and to mee the Elgato cards seems nice

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I have an El Gato, haven't started messing around with it yet. Not ashamed to admit it's pretty much only for Smash.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
I have been looking around for it and to mee the Elgato cards seems nice
I have an El Gato, haven't started messing around with it yet. Not ashamed to admit it's pretty much only for Smash.
I've only seen it advertised to work on PS3/PS4 and 360/Xbone. Does it work on Wii U as well?

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Yep, anything HDMI I believe. Please read posts and info at the retail or site you're viewing though, I don't want to mislead someone into purchasing something they can't use for the purpose they intended if it's a different version etc.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
Yep, anything HDMI I believe. Please read posts and info at the retail or site you're viewing though, I don't want to mislead someone into purchasing something they can't use for the purpose they intended if it's a different version etc.
It's ok, I have already looked it up and it should be working... My only problem is that I want to use it with my mac to stream and it doesn't seem to work with os x... Have to look into that

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
It's ok, I have already looked it up and it should be working... My only problem is that I want to use it with my mac to stream and it doesn't seem to work with os x... Have to look into that
Curses, well I use a pc so I can't help you there, but good luck in your findings. I'll definitely be saving all the replays I get in the Tournament as well.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG

Haven't practiced Dorf nearly enough in this game...but I stand at the ready with arms crossed. Let's see what happens :p

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG

Haven't practiced Dorf nearly enough in this game...but I stand at the ready with arms crossed. Let's see what happens :p
Realistically, there is plenty of time, especially since it would be polite to wait and see what our Japanese friend Gungnir is up to (Japan gets the Wii-U game on the 6th). And also because it's an online tournament and we don't have to complete this all in one sitting.

Last edited:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Realistically, there is plenty of time, especially since it would be polite to wait and see what our Japanese friend Gungnir is up to (Japan gets the Wii-U game on the 6th). And also because it's an online tournament and we don't have to complete this all in one sitting.
But I don't have SHAC DAir or Wizard's Dropkick!

:cry::cry::cry:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Are there still open slots for the tournament?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Are there still open slots for the tournament?
Until I explicitly say in the title that I don't want more people. I'm assuming this means you have pledged yourself to the path of true power.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Until I explicitly say in the title that I don't want more people. I'm assuming this means you have pledged yourself to the path of true power.
I did, because i felt KOing at 90% wasn't early enough.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Okay so, this is an important question because depending on how people answer this might affect how the bracket gets managed. And given I haven't managed a lot of tournaments, especially not recently, I could definitely use tips and suggestions.

While this tournament is for fun, the goal is for everyone to play to the best of their ability. Now, we KNOW that some of us have more experience, and that I will factor this for normal bracket seeding.

Players who would have seeding priority would include:

Vermanubis
Z1GMA
Ray_Kalm
DLA
Gungnir

Now, while suggestions for seeding priority would be appreciated, what I'm more interested in is how many sets do people feel the rest of us need to play in order to theoretically win?

On a perfect 32 player bracket, an entrant would need to win 5 sets to take first place.

If I add more people than this, the way a bracket would normally be created would require some players to play 6 sets to win, while everyone else including the priority seeds would need 5 sets.

I have a weird idea where the priority seeds, I would only require them to play 4 sets to win, and then for the 32 players that are not put in priority seeding, I would require these people to play 6 sets to win. Basically, it would be groups of four competing to challenge the top seeds.

The primary complication I see with this method is that this type of bracket would primarily only look clean and neat if I had 8 priority seeds in the 4 to win bracket tier. Meaning this would work best with 40 entrants.

This is all stuff I am suggesting to give more opportunity for players to get in good matches. Or I can just let bracket programs do what they do normally, keeping in mind that I still encourage people who have lost sets to play against each other to establish more precise placement results.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Duuuuude, a Ganon-only tournament? I still kinda would prefer to see one for Melee since he's my main in that game, but hey, Ganon is pretty okay in my book for Smash 4 so I'll give it a shot. Sign me up!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Y'know, just to keep things really simple...and since signups have slowed down considerably, I will cap it right now at 32 (but will take extras in case of dropouts). This makes things a lot less confusing for everyone. And I'm gonna be real...32 people I'd say is a d*mn good number of enthusiasts for a community online tournament that I'm not getting paid for (not that it is actually the point anyway).

Last edited:

Merkabo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Merkabo
3DS FC
2895-8009-7813
Wait a few days after the wii u version releases if you do actually want more. I bet many more will be around the forums. 32 is good too tho. XP

Last edited:

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
I wish we could do 8-player smash online. That way, we could also celebrate evil with the most sinister slugfest imaginable.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I wish we could do 8-player smash online. That way, we could also celebrate evil with the most sinister slugfest imaginable.
Well, if any of us is able to arrange in-person 8 Ganon slugfests on all stages with items on, we should get cracking with footage and make Super Ganon Time ^ 8 and share it with the Japanese.

Much easier said than done, but still, a worthy prospect.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Sounds legit. Can we even do 8 player online Smash? The lag might be terribad.

But Swiss/RR might be a more tedious (but accurate representation) way to go. We might take a week, at best, given everyone's time issues.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

But Swiss/RR might be a more tedious (but accurate representation) way to go. We might take a week, at best, given everyone's time issues.
I am personally against tedious. It is a big part of the reason I am going for single elimination, since we agree that this is for glory fun.

I do believe that while this isn't "perfect" it will give us an opportunity to estimate skill levels among ourselves and establish friendly competition for us to improve as a subcommunity.

Last edited:

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592

8 player is local only, to my knowledge.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I am personally against tedious. It is a big part of the reason I am going for single elimination, since we agree that this is for glory fun.

I do believe that while this isn't "perfect" it will give us an opportunity to estimate skill levels among ourselves and establish friendly competition for us to improve as a subcommunity.
Sounds fair. I was addressing the point earlier to my post. The other two methods do take too long, and that's far from ideal in online.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Minor update: I am not against increasing the bracket size. I'm just slightly OCD.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Minor update: I am not against increasing the bracket size. I'm just slightly OCD.
If the bracket size is increased, I suppose we'll need a large number of people. (If we had 32 before, we might have to have 32 extra for the next bracket, or empty byes.)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If the bracket size is increased, I suppose we'll need a large number of people. (If we had 32 before, we might have to have 32 extra for the next bracket, or empty byes.)
Empty byes I don't inherently have a problem with, just getting certain even numbers would make it look neater for me.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Empty byes I don't inherently have a problem with, just getting certain even numbers would make it look neater for me.
True. Odd numbers don't add up well.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
If you are to go ahead with the bracket, those who have the Wii U game available can play there matches early. Unless you want to wait for those Japanese confirmations.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If you are to go ahead with the bracket, those who have the Wii U game available can play there matches early. Unless you want to wait for those Japanese confirmations.
I will wait for Japanese confirmations since they get the game later. Consider this time to practice. I will tag all the SWF attendees on a post when the bracket is ready.

Last edited:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Lol i need the game first!! hahaha.

Todai went to teh shops, but the bundles were all sold out.. so maybe ill get lucky the coming week.

I refuse to play the game with anything but a GC controller

Minordeth

Smash Ace
I can't believe I missed this thread. I imagine that the sign-ups are closed, but I'll take a cancel if available. My work schedule is hospital based, so I have long stretches of nothing followed by weird work cramming.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I can't believe I missed this thread. I imagine that the sign-ups are closed, but I'll take a cancel if available. My work schedule is hospital based, so I have long stretches of nothing followed by weird work cramming.
Be optimistic. I am not against acquiring more victims enthusiasts, as long as I get even numbers that look pretty to me (40 or 48 ideally I wouldn't hit myself over).

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Can I be added as a replacement? I'm not all that great but I'll gladly see what I can do.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I am very hyped; I may be able to gather up some other dorf users if we need to even out the bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom