• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is STILL the best character ever (Wii-U Online Tournament: Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG Do you think you could possibly talk to Gungnir about this and get him included? Now that we're able to communicate with him, I believe we should get him to join and participate if that's possible.

This way all of the best Dorfs will collide and we will witness sheer ruthlessness which no boards but ours will be able to bear.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Y'know, **** it. I won't cap signups at this rate. Or...maybe I seriously don't want more than 32 people. We'll see. I'll probably end up with a weird bracket if I do this, but that's okay because I can always use seeding to give favor to people like you, Vermanubis, and Z1GMA if necessary so that lower leveled players like myself and others have slightly better chances to play games that will be less onesided.

Adding Gungnir though...holy ****, I'm scared as hell. I will make it happen though.

@ Opana Opana @Swoops @Koskinator @ Xinc Xinc @ Thinkaman Thinkaman @WhatIsRaizen?

If your name was on the waitlist, YOU ARE IN. Everyone else who wants to, tag more people.

The only thing that worries me is that I can't manage people at a distance. Ideally, I want this tournament to be done by Christmas if possible. We should be starting as soon as the Wii-U version is released. Hopefully we all have flexibility on the holidays.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Y'know, **** it. I won't cap signups at this rate. Or...maybe I seriously don't want more than 32 people. We'll see. I'll probably end up with a weird bracket if I do this, but that's okay because I can always use seeding to give favor to people like you, Vermanubis, and Z1GMA if necessary so that lower leveled players like myself and others have slightly better chances to play games that will be less onesided.

Adding Gungnir though...holy ****, I'm scared as hell. I will make it happen though.

@ Opana Opana @Swoops @Koskinator @ Xinc Xinc @ Thinkaman Thinkaman @WhatIsRaizen?

If your name was on the waitlist, YOU ARE IN. Everyone else who wants to, tag more people.

The only thing that worries me is that I can't manage people at a distance. Ideally, I want this tournament to be done by Christmas if possible. We should be starting as soon as the Wii-U version is released. Hopefully we all have flexibility on the holidays.
Lovely. Now let evil commence.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
You need to be slightly more explicit, because true villainy is successful when you boldly announce your intentions.
Ahem. I WILL CRUSH MY OPPOSITION AND HANG THEIR SKULLS AS DECORATION FOR ALL TO SEE.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Good news: CONFIRMED INTEREST FROM GUNGNIR. He will get back to me later after the Wii-U game comes out.

Bad news: Wii-U version of Smash Bros comes out on the 6th of December in Japan. Fortunately, I don't think this should delay the creation of a viable bracket if I'm not mistaken. What this potentially means though is someone climbing the bracket and matching up with Gungnir gets delayed for a bit.

Terrifying news: If he does get in for certain, the casualties will be unfathomable.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I wish to participate. No custom moves is a shame since Ganondorf has some beast ones, but I'll live. I hope the online tournament features in the game can be used to make this a seamless experience, although there's a lot we don't know about it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If you're not capping, I'll throw myself in for a sacrifice to our dark lord consideration. Even if you are, I'm open as a replacement.
You're in. At this point, I think I won't throw a fit over 32 people. Even factoring that Gungnir getting in late would cause some slightly weird shenanigans on the bracket.

I...potentially might regret trying to help people schedule things if time zone differences actually prove dumb.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Just realized something simple but important that needs to be clarified:

Single Elimination is infinitely less complicated to manage than Double Elimination.

Thus largely for my own sanity, but also for the convenience of everyone: This tournament will follow Single Elimination Format

Keeping in mind that several of us live in different time zones, this will make things a lot less confusing when there is no loser's bracket to manage.

HOWEVER, what can be done optionally is there can be additional matches between people who lost to contest for specific placings. This is most importantly done for 3rd and 4th placings usually, but given we're doing this for fun and don't have a specific deadline, I would encourage this for people who don't find it inconvenient.

That being said, I would appreciate opinions to make sure everyone else is on the same page. I believe for any tournament, reducing confusion and promoting smooth flow makes the experience better for everyone. And remember, this tournament is for fun (in...For Glory format more or less). I don't think the "skill" advantages of double elimination bracket outweigh the organizational advantages of single elimination bracket.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
After playing with Ganon in 3DS enough, I can safely say that once you get your hands on him you will be super satisfied. IDK if it's the mechanics but I actually feel rewarded playing this character.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I always prefer Single for online tourneys, double takes long enough in person but over wifi is crazy.

Bittersweet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eskay64
3DS FC
2449-5765-1828
You're in. At this point, I think I won't throw a fit over 32 people. Even factoring that Gungnir getting in late would cause some slightly weird shenanigans on the bracket.

I...potentially might regret trying to help people schedule things if time zone differences actually prove dumb.
I know time zone pains all too well. Time zones are the one thing more evil than Ganon himself.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Also holy **** Gungnir would be amazing and would make this even better. We could all learn from that man, he is truly the king of Evil. Please tell him that I think his gameplay and skills are excellent!

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
If only I knew earlier how much I'd enjoy Ganondorf in this game.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Reminder: I will only add people to signups if you clearly express your murderous intent.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Reminder: I will only add people to signups if you clearly express your murderous intent.
Add me to the list or by the power vested in my right hand I will slam you beyond any imaginable depth with my purply, flaming hands.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Add me to the list or by the power vested in my right hand I will slam you beyond any imaginable depth with my purply, flaming hands.
What are you busy doing with your left tho

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Will we be using that new tournament feature on the wii u or will we just play the matches when we can and keep score ourselves?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Will we be using that new tournament feature on the wii u or will we just play the matches when we can and keep score ourselves?
At the moment, I don't actually see a reason to use it. But the main thing you should keep in mind is that the bracket will be posted on my "reserved space".

Last edited:

TheBearsnake

Smash Cadet
NNID
theBearsnake
3DS FC
4553-9978-0228
I would love to participate if it is still open to more people, if not sad day. SAD DAY OF DARKNESS AND DEATH.

Last edited:

DeanAdamFry

Smash Supporter
NNID
DeanAdamFry
3DS FC
2423-3337-0046
Lord :4ganondorf:demands you allow his mere servant in (me) otherwise he will be forced to choke you and dtilt you into oblivion.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Lord :4ganondorf:demands you allow his mere servant in (me) otherwise he will be forced to choke you and dtilt you into oblivion.
I sense a traitor in our midst. There seems to be a shockingly high number of Heros under your avatar.

Unrelated:
I have an online friend who is interested. She says she borrows a Wii U, so she might be available. Depends on the date.

DeanAdamFry

Smash Supporter
NNID
DeanAdamFry
3DS FC
2423-3337-0046
I sense a traitor in our midst. There seems to be a shockingly high number of Heros under your avatar.

Unrelated:
I have an online friend who is interested. She says she borrows a Wii U, so she might be available. Depends on the date.
There you go, reflects more accurately who I play/what games I've played, keep forgetting everything I had on my profile was Link.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Curses! Should someone turn to the light and hide from this dark joining... sign me up. It sounds devious and I'm fine taking a 'maybe' slot.
I'm happy to 1v1 any of the "shamelessly" name dropped for proof of this black heart.

If not though, I hope you all enjoy the bloodshed, all I visioned when I saw this thread was this.

Glorious...

Last edited:

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
What does one have to do to join this tournament? I can lay down and sacrifice myself to the dark forces of oblivion by eating a pivoted warlock punch if that's what it takes!

I know that I have "Cepten Mann" (don't ask) as my picture, but I'm just spying on those robot loving guys

Merkabo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Merkabo
3DS FC
2895-8009-7813
My name will be written on all of your gravestones in blood.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
My name will be written on all of your gravestones in blood.
Oh it will...
Here Lies Wiley, embodiment of the dark lord. He grew bored of obliterating those who stood before him and has given up immortality to purge them once again in death. Those who have fallen, "list of names, Merkabo included... it's a big gravestone" rejoice! Your punishment for existence will be met once again.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Are signups still closed :'(

If they are not you will all be burnt to a crisp under the unfathomable might of the evil wizards fists.

So will this be recorded? Cause it will be freaking hype.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Are signups still closed :'(

If they are not you will all be burnt to a crisp under the unfathomable might of the evil wizards fists.

So will this be recorded? Cause it will be freaking hype.
Ganondorf approves your enthusiasm. You have your chance to seek his acknowledgement.

Some of us will take replays and try to put them on the internet. I for one know that I have not completely terrible equipment for recording footage, though it wouldn't be in HD (unless I buy stuff).

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
A true Ganon does not simply request to sign up, he demands it. I will disgrace you with my presence. The matter is thus settled.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
I'm planning on getting a capture card for smash 4 Wii U, so my games will probably be streamed and I can be spectator and stream other games as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom