• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is STILL the best character ever (Wii-U Online Tournament: Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sounds good. I'm primarily waiting for responses from Gungnir and Pon, who will get the game on December 6th, before actually making a bracket.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Sounds good. I'm primarily waiting for responses from Gungnir and Pon, who will get the game on December 6th, before actually making a bracket.
Gungnir comes here? If so that's awesome, I hope to play with them.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I hope so. I get paid next week, so if by divine providence I have enough to buy a WiiU, I'll be there.

Lufos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lufosf
3DS FC
0087-2359-1559
I am very hyped; I may be able to gather up some other dorf users if we need to even out the bracket.
I maybe able to do that as well.. At least one

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Bracket ain't created yet, so welcome. Prepare yourself for evil conquest while I wait for some friendly overlords from Japan to get back to me.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I need to hear from Pon (and his friend), but I believe right now, I am just waiting for ONE more person to sign up, and then I'll actually create a bracket for real. But no rush, we can take our time with this.

@ Shogger Shogger or anyone, I could use a favor. Or rather, it would be convenient for Ganondorf if you sign up.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'll basically say our Japanese friends Pon and Potechi are in (Pon still needs time to get the game, but there's no hurry as long as we try to have fun). I could go ahead and make the bracket now most likely. But I would REALLY like one more person to sign up before I get irrationally paranoid.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Let's stick to usual tournament starters and counterpicks.

BF, SV, Lylat, and FD Normal.

The counters could be all starters, all omegas, Duck Hunt, Delfino, DK 64, Halberd, and Town and City.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor

The counters could be all starters, all omegas, Duck Hunt, Delfino, DK 64, Halberd, and Town and City.
And norfair, 'cause it's totally legal and stuff

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

I guess realistically, that's fine with me. My more precise stance is I won't complain about people picking really dumb stages if for any reason they both agree to it, given the nature of this tournament. I'll edit that into the rules. Is there a picture of tournament stage standards? This is helpful for anyone who doesn't primarily speak English.

Last edited:

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
I need to hear from Pon (and his friend), but I believe right now, I am just waiting for ONE more person to sign up, and then I'll actually create a bracket for real. But no rush, we can take our time with this.

@ Shogger Shogger or anyone, I could use a favor. Or rather, it would be convenient for Ganondorf if you sign up.
Well, I suppose I could sign up but I'll lose access to the Wii U after the 19th until early January. So I'd better get knocked out before then :p

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well, I suppose I could sign up but I'll lose access to the Wii U after the 19th until early January. So I'd better get knocked out before then :p
Not necessarily a problem. We don't need to rush to complete this. Also again, with any luck, in the actual event that someone ends up needing to drop out seriously, I'm not inflexible about replacements.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
:O does this mean a bracket'll be happening soon?!

I'm so hype to find out who'll be kicking my ass!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ Sykkamorre Sykkamorre @ Lozjam Lozjam @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm @ Vermanubis Vermanubis @GanonFist @Electric Tuba @RCyclone @Z1GMA @DLA @alex6309 @Hydde @Ceadda @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd @Zathura @ Opana Opana @Swoops @Thinkaman @Xinc @Krazy4Krash @Bittersweet @Poxnixles @TheBearsnake @DeanFryGaming @WILEY @ Lufos Lufos @ Merkabo Merkabo @Turokman5896 @Big O @ adom4 adom4 @KenMeister @epicender584 @Minordeth @HeavyLobster @ Garioshi Garioshi @ -VictoriaJustice- -VictoriaJustice- @ Shogger Shogger

The time is nigh. One will emerge from the darkness and determine the fate of all.

For anyone who is curious about how seeding was determined, I put the following participants in the top 8.

Gungnir
Pon
Potechi
Ray_Kalm
Z1GMA
Vermanubis
DLA
Thinkaman

The rest were mostly listed alphabetically, though I tried to randomly move around a few people to make the bracket generator bias not completely alphabetical. Some of it could based on hearsay about tournament participation maybe, or prior bias with community members. Sue me, there's no money involved. Just pure sinister power.

Remember guys...have fun! For those who feel enthusiastic about it, I will try to provide some extra loser bracket matches to differentiate placements a bit more and ensure that in the worst case scenario everyone gets to play at least two sets.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm gonna need a week or two with exams being in the way but....I'm ready. On the account that my internet explodes or doesn't work I don't know what to do, but all I can do is pray.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm gonna need a week or two with exams being in the way but....I'm ready. On the account that my internet explodes or doesn't work I don't know what to do, but all I can do is pray.
Same goes for me personally. After school is out of the way though, I'll get cracking on this game.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
This is kinda embarrassing but i haven't been to a tournament in years, is a set the best out of 3 games?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This is kinda embarrassing but i haven't been to a tournament in years, is a set the best out of 3 games?
Yes it is. Grand finals are best of 5. Because it's single elimination, there is no losers bracket you can climb to reach the grand finals. However I can still offer loser placement matches (this is commonly done for 3rd and 4th place).

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I wish I got paired up with Gungnir, don't expect tow in but I don't think I'll get far enough to play him lol.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Okay, this is slightly arbitrary and doesn't have to be taken too seriously, but I suggest we do actually use the xat Ganon chat at pick a time to meet. Let's keep in mind that Japan timezone is UTC+09:00, Sweden is UTC+01:00, and California is UTC-08:00. O_o

I propose at meridian time (UTC+0:00), we try to meet December 13th, 6 AM.

If my calculations are correct, would be December 12th, 10 PM down here in California. December 13th, 7 AM in Sweden, and 3 PM in Japan.

This strictly does not have to be used to arrange matches, but can be very helpful for that and socialization. I will forward this time to Gungnir, Pon, and Potechi, and add this to the topic post.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yes it is. Grand finals are best of 5. Because it's single elimination, there is no losers bracket you can climb to reach the grand finals. However I can still offer loser placement matches (this is commonly done for 3rd and 4th place).
Unless both players agree on a starter (see post #2), there should be another method of determining which starter stage to go to first.

The winner of the first and second matches can ban any one stage, if the same player wins twice in grand finals, banned stages cannot be switched. All Omega forms count as Final Destination in regards to bans.

The loser of the first and second matches has to pick an unbanned stage from the counters first and then allow the winner the opportunity to change characters.

Edit: Woops, that's right this is Ganon only. Last part doesn't apply. -_-, change palletes.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Unless both players agree on a starter (see post #2), there should be another method of determining which starter stage to go to first.

The winner of the first and second matches can ban any one stage, if the same player wins twice in grand finals, banned stages cannot be switched. All Omega forms count as Final Destination in regards to bans.

The loser of the first and second matches has to pick a stage from the counters first and then allow the winner the opportunity to change.

Edit: Woops, that's right this is Ganon only. Last part doesn't apply. -_-, change palletes.
Actually, the last thing does imply if we are using custom moves

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Actually, the last thing does imply if we are using custom moves
Which we aren't. Not that I have anything against them, just didn't want to worry about it.

If we do this kind of thing in say...2 months from now? Then I'd allow customs.

Ugh, typos. I mixed up January and December somehow. I must be sleep deprived. But yeah, in case anyone was confused, I suggest meeting up in xat chat on December 12/13 depending on your time zone.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Which we aren't. Not that I have anything against them, just didn't want to worry about it.

Ugh, typos. I mixed up January and December somehow. I must be sleep deprived. But yeah, in case anyone was confused, I suggest meeting up in xat chat on December 12/13 depending on your time zone.
Alas, I cannot do that. My orchestra needs me that day in order to make music that will please Ganondorf.

As for custom moves, alright.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Alas, I cannot do that. My orchestra needs me that day in order to make music that will please Ganondorf.

As for custom moves, alright.
Where do you live? Also is your orchestra event a road trip of some sort? I did deliberately arrange the meeting time to be late at night in NA.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
We can take this slowly and allow matches of rounds to be completed within a specific period of time (1 week round one, 3 days round two, 2 days round 3, etc).

Unless the meeting is for something else?

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
We can take this slowly and allow matches of rounds to be completed within a specific period of time (1 week round one, 3 days round two, 2 days round 3, etc).

Unless the meeting is for something else?
It's mostly just to get people together if they can, and say hi, if nothing else. I don't expect everyone to be able to make this.

I agree we can take the tournament slowly.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Okay, this is slightly arbitrary and doesn't have to be taken too seriously, but I suggest we do actually use the xat Ganon chat at pick a time to meet. Let's keep in mind that Japan timezone is UTC+09:00, Sweden is UTC+01:00, and California is UTC-08:00. O_o

I propose at meridian time (UTC+0:00), we try to meet December 13th, 6 AM.

If my calculations are correct, would be December 12th, 10 PM down here in California. December 13th, 7 AM in Sweden, and 3 PM in Japan.

This strictly does not have to be used to arrange matches, but can be very helpful for that and socialization. I will forward this time to Gungnir, Pon, and Potechi, and add this to the topic post.
As I fail horribly, what time would that be for the sole britdorf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom