• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gangsta New Technique I Just Found.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Aight. Something like that was discovered before, but I guess that using the 'Boost to grab the ledge is different.

P.S. your Falcon kind of reminds me of mine. Same color and all.

:O

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
werd i was just messin around in the waitin room i was like dam that looked sexy. so i recorded it. and im pretty sure at least 50% of falcons use the black color. its just so sexy. then i say 45% go pink and the other 5% dont really care so they just go standard.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, I'm sure it'll be useful for mindgamey-type things off the ledge. Falcon's black color is sexy indeed.
Falcon's every color is too sexy :p

And you kinda play like me. If you wanna duel this weekend I'll add you. Don't expect anything amazing from me tough.

Now, time to get me some sleep.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
iight meng consider yourself added. um saturday is missionettes from 1 30 to i dont know.. um sabdy..errr so thats like 6. um friday count as weekend right? if not then saturday after 6pm i should be home all day. or maybe not. hmm. but ima add u, we'll firgure da time out later.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Dude you can't tell me that the Black Falcon is cooler than the Blue Falcon. Heck his freaking name is Blue Falcon. You can't get more epic than that. Black is cooler than standard though.

Also that's a pretty cool technique but I want to see it used in game.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
You have a sexy voice. XP

/offtopic

I'm pretty sure I've seen other characters do very similar maneuvers. I don't believe it's new, but it does have potential uses. :3

Kilut

Smash Cadet
Funny video... cool voice you got yourself there

boost cancel? Raptor Ledge Cancel? (RLC)

Tenki

Smash Hero
Wait... At first, I thought you were trying to use side-B into the level so you could get a hit in with side-B/sweetspot the ledge, kinda like a flubbed Ganoncide, but at around 1:36-1:38 when you started saying "YEAH!", it looked just like edgehugging (right term..?), or whatever I'm about to describe.

LuCKy does something that looks similar to that with Sonic, and he describes it as running off the edge and almost instantly doing a backwards 'hadouken' motion- which is basically fast-fall + DI toward edge, almost instantly.

Is that kinda what you're going for..? I'm not really sure what's going on ._.;

oh well, I guess being able to do it with a side-B instead of just ctrl-stick is an option for Falcon then.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
its basically just a really fast edge hog. raptor edge hog. my voice is cool???? hehe i know. well thats what mrs. diaper says. haha mrs. diaper. ima start calling her that.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Oh...

You can just do that with pure DI - fastfall and press toward the level in a quick succession. (like.. a backwards "hadouken"/ v< quarter circle roll)

That IS what you did anyway isn't it? You tried to get to the right height by fastfalling, and you tried to side-B, so you pressed toward the level, and you clung to it instantly, probably even before you pressed B.

You can even do it out of using a grounded Raptor Boost- and if Ganonkick is anything like Falcon kick, then you can do it out of that move, too, if you place it right.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
nooooooooooo when falcon falls off the edge he goes to far to just DI back to hang on. the raptor boost is what made he hang on. im do it some more to see if its possible doin the haduken way thing.

edit: holy crap the haduken thingy way is faster then the way i do it. but the raptor boost way is totally different. you do need to do the raptor boost in order to do it, the way i do it. its not just me falling of and DI towards the stage. which is impossible unless you do the haduken thing.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Well, Sonic goes too far when he runs off stage, being the fastest runner and all- that's why Lucky suggested doing the hadoken method (you have to do it almost instantly)- fast-falling brings him close to the edge, and the DI gives the last push to make it work.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
Dude you can't tell me that the Black Falcon is cooler than the Blue Falcon. Heck his freaking name is Blue Falcon. You can't get more epic than that. Black is cooler than standard though.

Also that's a pretty cool technique but I want to see it used in game.
Dost thou **** me?

Standard Falcon is OLD SCHOOL and AWESOME, he's the Falcon from the games, he's the falcon that I've been maining since 64, and he *****.

Pink Falcon's pretty tight. Black Falcon's boring imo. Green and Blue are kinda just... ech. Blood Falcon is ftw, I use him if I don't use normal Falcon.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Dost thou **** me?

Standard Falcon is OLD SCHOOL and AWESOME, he's the Falcon from the games, he's the falcon that I've been maining since 64, and he *****.

Pink Falcon's pretty tight. Black Falcon's boring imo. Green and Blue are kinda just... ech. Blood Falcon is ftw, I use him if I don't use normal Falcon.
Blue Falcon is more in-tune with himself because he has linkage to the Blue Falcon which provides the necessary mental support he needs in order to pull off epic knees and combos.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
iight meng consider yourself added. um saturday is missionettes from 1 30 to i dont know.. um sabdy..errr so thats like 6. um friday count as weekend right? if not then saturday after 6pm i should be home all day. or maybe not. hmm. but ima add u, we'll firgure da time out later.
Hmm. I can't Friday for sure, but I guess I can play saturday for a while. I haven't played Brawl alot since I'm grounded, but I guess it balances out with you having your arm broken and whatnot. :laugh:

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
not really since my wrist doesnt really effect my playing. it just hurts when i play. but the pain only gets bad after playing for more then like half an hour. so if we stay under half an hour i should be good

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
Was playing a kid online and while I was hanging on the edge I dropped down, wall jumped, and did the "gangsta new technique." He was trying to recover and got confused so it resulted in his death. MINDGAMES!

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Dost thou **** me?

You did not just dismiss Black Falcon. Tell you did not just do that.

Black Falcon is Captain Falcon if he decided to be a ninja. A ninja that doesn't give a **** if you see him or not, because either way, he'll run you down and knee your *** off. But, lo and behold, if you do not see him as he speeds through the night; streamlined and ripped muscle barely discernible against the dead, bleak sky; his eyes burning fiercely through the darkness, perceiving all before him, you will most definitely be on the receiving end of a stealth triple knee. It'll happen so fast, you won't even realize you died.

Sort of like Batman, but less restraint and more ****.

Blue Falcon is pretty awesome. Classic is just that, classic. Pink and white are awesome beyond words. Green has always been eh to me, but Spectre uses it, so props to Green Falcon. I would like Blood more if his gloves and stuff wasn't purple.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
NO NO ENOUGH IS ENOUGH OK IM ALL BOUT COOL COSTUMES AND ALL BUT WERE ALL GETTING OFF SUBJECT besides we all know that both blood falcon and blue falcon **** all other colors. But back to the subect I usualy use raptor boost as a meteor smash when I am recovering and I have also seen the same thing done with mario's cape so its kind of old but still good find. Check out this vid I found it is FUNNY but has cursing so dont watch if you dont like cursing http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/413257 its a funny spoof of smashbros witch made me laugh till it hurt hope you enjoy.

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
werd i was just messin around in the waitin room i was like dam that looked sexy. so i recorded it. and im pretty sure at least 50% of falcons use the black color. its just so sexy. then i say 45% go pink and the other 5% dont really care so they just go standard.
I use the blood falcon costume lol.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
So I did the tech today and it's nice. Very easy too.

Oh and Reaver, Black Falcon doesn't have anything on Blue Falcon. Like I said Blue Falcon has the Blue Falcon on his side.

Speaking of which, who in the world thought to make up the Blue Falcon specifically for Melee? Seriously no other game has an addition like that in Smash. They need to work in the Blue Falcon into the real F-Zero games. Oh and they need an F-Zero adventure game. I think a 2-d sidescroller for the DS would be pretty nasty if they put effort into it. But yeah just thinking aloud here.

Once again, nice tech. lol

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
So I did the tech today and it's nice. Very easy too.

Oh and Reaver, Black Falcon doesn't have anything on Blue Falcon. Like I said Blue Falcon has the Blue Falcon on his side.

Speaking of which, who in the world thought to make up the Blue Falcon specifically for Melee? Seriously no other game has an addition like that in Smash. They need to work in the Blue Falcon into the real F-Zero games. Oh and they need an F-Zero adventure game. I think a 2-d sidescroller for the DS would be pretty nasty if they put effort into it. But yeah just thinking aloud here.

Once again, nice tech. lol
I would wait in line for hours for that game if it would ever be real and come our just thinking out loud

Lid

Smash Apprentice
Could this spike another player if he was right there about to grab the ledge?

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Have you used the Edge hog, into a drop down immediate jump justice knee into anyone thats close to the edge?

Lol, I have no idea how to call it. In melee every falc did it. When your hanging on the ledge, an someones pretty close to it, as soon as you drop down u jump up into a knee, usually hitting the person next to the edge.
It can still be done but not as quick xD
Nice vid though

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
You did not just dismiss Black Falcon. Tell you did not just do that.

Black Falcon is Captain Falcon if he decided to be a ninja. A ninja that doesn't give a **** if you see him or not, because either way, he'll run you down and knee your *** off. But, lo and behold, if you do not see him as he speeds through the night; streamlined and ripped muscle barely discernible against the dead, bleak sky; his eyes burning fiercely through the darkness, perceiving all before him, you will most definitely be on the receiving end of a stealth triple knee. It'll happen so fast, you won't even realize you died.

Sort of like Batman, but less restraint and more ****.

Blue Falcon is pretty awesome. Classic is just that, classic. Pink and white are awesome beyond words. Green has always been eh to me, but Spectre uses it, so props to Green Falcon. I would like Blood more if his gloves and stuff wasn't purple.
Only Captain Falcon doesn't need or want any stealth bull**** on his side. Want stealth and all that ****? Go main Snake.

Falcon wades into battle with his mighty fists and knees with his classic, screaming "I AM BADASS" purple costume which automatically draws attention to his extreme pwnage (as if he needed it) just before you get kneed in the face.

Blue Falcon would be way cooler if he didn't have that white scarf.. Ew.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
PolMex has a pretty cool idea there. If you did it quick enough you could just jump off, Raptor Grab the edge, then immediately edgehop into knee or Uair. Not sure if you could do it fast enough for it to be a decent tactic, but the possibility is there.

Blue Falcon's white scarf is way cooler than the mustard yellow one of Purple Falcon. He doesn't look like Freddy from Scooby Doo with the white scarf. Plus I think the white scarf is the least noticeable of all the scarf color options. lol

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
the thing your tryin to say is called a ledgehopped knee. i do it all the time. and actually guys ive found that technique i found to be crap. someone on here told me about doing it with pure DI which ill upload a video about doing it in a few minutes. its alot faster, i find its easier and well yeah. so what i found is basically crap =/ oh well. i tried.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I've tried both techniques and I find the Raptor Boost one to be much easier to pull off consistently than the other DI-based one. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding how to do the other one though.

Pseudoshot

Smash Cadet
What's so special about a sweetspotted raptor? That's just like Ganon's sweetspoted over b.
>_>

Top Bottom