• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Ottawa ft. KAGE, BAM, ally, holy, raynex, vwins, unknown522

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleaf

Smash Cadet
yo we need some housing!! Windrose, me, Weon X and 2 other ppl i dunno!
Tect says he'll get back to us on this but the tourny's in 3 days!!

idea

Smash Master
yeah, camilo is like our secret weapon. everyone already knows unknown is gonna **** them, but who is this "weon-x" guy anyway...

(lol no pressure)

swordgard

Smash Hero
driving from 10pm to 1am isn't bad lol

we're making 12 hours within 30 hours... >_<

edit:
also, how many ppl are we estimating to show for this?
i know there's ~15 from southern ontario
i'm guessing there's going to be lots from your area right?
Its not because you do worst that I plan on doing it. I didn't really ever drive more than 3 hours away, don't plan on doing it at night after a tiring tourney.

Also, who is we? one person? 2 persons? Cause if two people are driving, that makes it a LOT easier since you can switch, I have no backup driver.

Windrose

Smash Lord
yeah, how many people are we expecting to show up for the melee section btw?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Its not because you do worst that I plan on doing it. I didn't really ever drive more than 3 hours away, don't plan on doing it at night after a tiring tourney.

Also, who is we? one person? 2 persons? Cause if two people are driving, that makes it a LOT easier since you can switch, I have no backup driver.
Lemme drive, I drove a ATV alone high speed. I got this.

tect

Smash Journeyman
Sleaf + windrose, bam, holy, I'll know tomorrow afternoon where you will be housed! Thanks for your patience!

Summonedfist

Smash Lord

lol, no no that wasn't my point xD i was just saying if all fails with housing at least you're not stuck with 6 hours =(

we have 3 ppl who can driive i think. but on the way back they'll both be wasted so i'll be stuck driving the 6 X_X

weon - X

Smash Ace
wow jack designated driver for the lose, but good **** for taking the title.

also thanks tect :D ur really putting allot of energy into this WE MUST FREAKING PLAY MORE THAN 50 GAMES

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Needs more HYYYYYYPE!!!!!

Can't wait to see how good (or bad) my Fox is now and how technical (or not) I am compared to Ontario players! :)

Windrose

Smash Lord
Damn, can't find any hotels with rates lower than 100$ =(

Anybody from the region know of cheap lodging places? :( Even motels....crack houses.....shady rent-a-rooms, craigs list ?? lol we really want to go i guess....

AllyKnight

Damn, can't find any hotels with rates lower than 100$ =(

Anybody from the region know of cheap lodging places? :( Even motels....crack houses.....shady rent-a-rooms, craigs list ?? lol we really want to go i guess....
Maybe if me and swordgard carpool can't find housing we could go to this hotel place SG is trying to get. It'd be cheaper if we all split (IF SG was okay with it, really only SG needs sleep of all of us.)

If you guys don't want it's okay

But yeah Tect can you atleast let us know what's up lol

thanks

tect

Smash Journeyman
Hey, sorry, I wasn't able to get to a computer for most of the day, but that's neither here nor there. As it looks right now, I had a plan or two fall through for Windrose's car, which sucks, but I have yet to hear back from someone who was a promising candidate. Also, I am exploring cheap hotel options.

I found a motel that does either a double for $75 or two double beds for $85, and it's about 15 minutes from the venue. Oh, and it's in a French part of town ^__^

http://www.concordemotel.ca/rates.htm

Calling first thing in the morning to verify the rates.

The motel's rates are current! Good price!

AllyKnight

idk probably big drop out for Swordgard's car if we gotta take a Hotel room tbh

Holy won't go if it's too expensive (no point in going if he has to make more than venue+singles and doubles $ + food + hotel), Darkshadow, not too sure if he can pay for a hotel room.

Heh we'll see tonight

Divinokage

Smash Legend
idk probably big drop out for Swordgard's car if we gotta take a Hotel room tbh

Holy won't go if it's too expensive (no point in going if he has to make more than venue+singles and doubles $ + food + hotel), Darkshadow, not too sure if he can pay for a hotel room.

Heh we'll see tonight
Horrible way to look at it.. since when smash was about the money?

AllyKnight

If you can't pay for a trip, you can't go LOL what the heck?

And regarding Holy, he plays us ALL the time, I would understand why it wouldn't be worth it, + no clue what the Brawl turnout is going to be, Melee's turnout looks legendary compared to Brawl lmao

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If you can't pay for a trip, you can't go LOL what the heck?

And regarding Holy, he plays us ALL the time, I would understand why it wouldn't be worth it, + no clue what the Brawl turnout is going to be, Melee's looks legendary compared to Brawl lmao
Ya.. finally people get their **** together! =)

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
Why not just come back directly after the tourney..that's only 2h30 of driving...easy stuff!

idea

Smash Master
well guys...i have some bad news.

apparently pogogo's car broke down halfway to ottawa. they had to take an expensive taxi back home, and now basically can't afford to get there. that's the last i heard.

so...very very high likelihood that raynex/unknown/sauc3/pogogo/other person you don't know, aren't coming. =(

AllyKnight

well guys...i have some bad news.

apparently pogogo's car broke down halfway to ottawa. they had to take an expensive taxi back home, and now basically can't afford to get there. that's the last i heard.

so...very very high likelihood that raynex/unknown/sauc3/pogogo/other person you don't know, aren't coming. =(
Dibs on housing. JK.

but that sucks, less money for Kage. =l

Nah for real real, that blows ***, ****ing hate cabs. =l less hype.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
it would have been much more expensive lol
lol if they were "half way" it'd be the same amount =p n'est pas?

oh god, cab to ottawa? =/

by the way, jack, does camilo have a teammate <_< since kurtis isn't going...
well don't say that, they still have a chance!

um, as far as i'm concerned i think he MIGHT be teaming with nick. elsewise i do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom