• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GamersOutreach FREE Brawl tourney w/prizes+ LAN& $1000 halo3 @ EMU ypsi, MI 2/27-3/1

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Got this from JV

Main tourney site--->http://www.gamersoutreach.org/gamers-giving
AiB tourney link ---->http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4468

Headlining Activities:

* FREE Brawl tourney with prizes + you can stay for the whole weekend & smash more!
* 300 Man LAN (bring your own computer / console)
* 2v2 Halo 3 Tournament: 1st Place wins $1,000.00

When: February 27th, February 28th, March 1st 2009. Doors open at 2:00 PM on Friday.

Where: Eastern Michigan University Student Center
900 Oakwood Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197

You can check the above link for all the details. The event is at a great venue, the Brawl tournament is free for everyone to enter, there will be sponsors, all are welcome to crash at the venue itself, bring setups, and freeplay all weekend. And it is all for a good cause.

But I need Wiis!!!! The event is going to be great, these guys were nice enough to add smash to their line-up as I told them the smash community would not have a problem delivering 32 Wiis and copies of brawl. So lets step up. Just post in thread if you are bringing one. I also highly recommend anyone planning on making a weekend out of it to bring a full setup TV and all. I will have TVs for the tournament but thats it. So come spend the weekend (its $25 for the LAN fee), crash and smash with us, take part in some AiB organized side LAN events (im open to suggestions on this one), and all that good stuff. Cant wait to see everyone there.

Past that if you want to stay and hang out/sleep at the venue all weekend its $25. We are gonna set up a little AiB part of the LAN center. With Melee, Brawl, Low tier and teams events, and all kinds of fun stuff. So show up, have fun, hang out with your fellow smashers/gamers as a whole.

Check-in and warm-up for the SSBB tournament will begin on Friday at 2:00 PM, just as we begin opening the venue's doors to the public. The tournament will begin promptly at 3:30 PM. It's free to participate in the SSBB tournament, however you do need to register. We're estimating the tournament will end around 11:00 PM.

register here, apparently there's a cap

http://gamersoutreach.org/event/gofssbtournament

:)

The Smash Tournament will be on Friday Feb 27th with door registration starting at 2 PM and the tournament starting very closely around that time. We do strongly encourage everyone here on AiB to preregister with Gamers Outreach as we do have a tournament cap. Its free and prizes and rules are as follows.

1st Place Winner: $100.00 GameStop Gift Card
2nd Place Winner: $50.00 GameStop Gift Card
3rd Place Winner: $25.00 GameStop Gift Card

General Rules:

- 3 Stock
- 8 Minute Timer
- Items are set to 'off' and 'none'
- All sets are best of 3 matches. Winners and Losers Finals, as well as Championship matches, will be best of 5.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide claw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for bowser.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing chracters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Stalling is not allowed. (The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an oppontent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached to prevent excessive stalling.

Match Format (In Order of Procedure):

1. After character selection, (double blind may be requested) both players must select 'Random' for the first selected stage. The random stages will be limited to Neutral Starter listed below.
2. Opponents will then choose their characters for the first game.
3. The loser of the previous game will state his stage choice out of the Neutral and Counter list. The winner of the previous match will then select his character, followed by the loser of the previous match and the person who selected the stage.
4. Repeat step 3 until the best of 3 or 5 match is completed.

Stage Lists (playoffs)

Neutral Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise

Banned
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pokémon Stadium 2
Corneria

Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Green Hill Zone

Distant Planet

Green Greens

Mario Circuit

Onett

Port Town Aero Dive

Skyworld

75m

Big Blue

Bridge of Eldin

Flat Zone 2

Hanenbow

Hyrule Temple

Mario Bros.

Mushroomy Kingdom I

Mushroomy Kingdom II

New Pork City

Rumble Falls

Shadow Moses

Spear Pillar

The Summit

Wario Ware

k so if you have any questions i suggest it'd be better to pm JV lol either on here or on AiB........but you can ask me too, i personally know the guy thats in charge of this whole thing (was a senior at my school last year and ran track wiht him) so come people!

P.S. this is at Anther's school so we should all go to his dorm and party after LOL

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Yeah so everyone should try to check this out. We can smash/crash all weekend. It should be a lot of fun. Melee/Brawl, singles/doubles, low tier, entry fee tournaments. We can do whatever Saturday and Sunday, with the actual brawl tournament on Friday.

It would be really cool to get a lot of Michigan faces here, new people, people i havent seen in awhile. Basically its a big event in Michigan, for a good cause, so show up and support it!

Vayseth

Smash Master
Man, you gotta be kidding me. Not only does Chicago have a tournament that weekend, but SCOTU has one that weekend too. Can't this be changed???

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
lol something tells me that they can't change this and that they don't care to much about the brawlers. :/

but yeah definitely not a good weekend to schedule this.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah, this really sucks. We're heading to Chicago that weekend, and the tournament is on Saturday. Unless the Brawl tourney can be delayed to like Sunday, then there is totally no way that most of the top MI players could possibly make it unless we want to get to Chicago at like 6 in the morning.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Unfortunately it cant be moved. This was announced quite awhile back. Just it now got a thread on SWF.

Its a giant gaming event in Michigan (and we dont get a lot of them). As much as I would like to see everyone there, If you guys cant make it, you cant make it.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Unfortunately it cant be moved. This was announced quite awhile back. Just it now got a thread on SWF.

Its a gaint gaming event in Michigan (and we dont get a lot of them). As much as I would like to see everyone there, If you guys cant make it, you cant make it.
Wish we had more notice. It was buried on AiB and never saw it come up.

TheMann

Smash Ace
I'm at Eastern every weekend since I used to go there and all my friends are there. So you'll most likely see me at the tourney.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Wish we had more notice. It was buried on AiB and never saw it come up.
Yeah, partially my fault there. I know i mentioned it to you and some other people awhile back. But I should have sent out invites/ims/or whatever as soon as it was officially announced. By the time I started doing so I had already saw scotus tournament and more.

So yeah, like I said, if you guys already have other plans I understand. But the event should be great (free Red Bulls ftw). So anyone that can make it, should.

Themann, cool! Make sure to pre-register, even though the tournament is free we have a cap for time reasons.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
What's the cap going to be, probably 64?

I might come since it's, you know, free. :p Good practice for circuit the week after, too. I'll have to check with my mother first and register/signup later.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Not going to this, I'm stuck in a box an hour away from Ypsi.

SCOTU and Melee peoples are going to JAB 1
Traveling Brawl peoples are going to MK vs Itachi Series
Which leaves AADL, EMU, possibly Sylvan Lake, and locals?

: \

I guess I'll root for AADL to rep that ****.

BunBun

Smash Master

Or you could come with the Melee peoples to JAB 1 =D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Being stuck in a box kind of carries the implication that I can't go anywhere, least of all out-of-state.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

not much goin on in sylvan just us all having school and i think parents would be wierded out if u showed up wanting to play smash lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Was I unclear or something? I was talking about who would possibly go to this out of who's left in MI.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
I 100% need wiis+copies of brawl. Please Please Please Please everyone that is coming bring one!!!

What else, just in case anyone did not see the update on AiB/Gamers Outreach we pushed back the start time of the tournament from around 2 PM to 5 PM Sharp to try to give people a bit more time to make it if they have class during the day. The Venue will still be open at 2 PM and we will be having everything for free play, so obviously you can come and warm-up earlier if you would like.

And yeah this is a giant gaming event in Michigan. Red Bull is the headlining sponsor, so I have a strong idea that you will be seeing lots of free Red Bulls floating around. It should be a great event, so everyone that can come should.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I'll try and remember to bring my Wii and Brawl, but I'm a little hesitant because it's my first tournament and I don't want to risk it getting stolen...

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
its a sponsored tourney run by an actual organization, not just some random person throwing a tournament, there will be security and everything so safer than 95% of the other tourneys out there

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
All right, if you say so. Maybe I'll bring TvC as well just in case.

Edit: SONUVA...!!! Of all days, my car chooses today to break down. Just perfect. I'm gonna try to find another way to get there, but I can't make any promises...****...

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Bring a Wii? I guess I can do that, keeping in mind I'm just coming for the day and not spending the weekend there. I guess that's not a big deal since Saturday will be mostly LAN/Halo stuff anyway, I assume.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Cool, thanks for bringing a wii hot/mr. c. See you guys there! And yeah its no huge deal if you cant stay saturday, its just gonna be some free play stations.

Cyberlink. I understand where you are coming from, but we will label your wii and have plenty of staff/security at the venue so i assure you you will get it back safely at the end of the day. Ive ran a lot of professional type tournaments and no systems have gotten stolen. (P.S. If you really need a ride pm me your cell and i might be able to hook u up. Same goes for anyone really).

Well im heading out soon! See all you guys there, tournament should be really cool, Michigan come represent, and make sure to bring a wii/brawl!

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Thanks, JV. I sent you a PM; here's hoping we can get something figured out.

Edit: Well, looks like that's not going to happen. I'll try to bring a system tomorrow if my car's fixed, but obviously that won't help much since the tournament will be long over by that point.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Full results, plox!

Things went pretty well once you get past the whole not having power for an hour thing. And where did Anther and lain go? :mad:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Anther and lain went to Dark Kakashi's event in Chicago. According to JuggleGuy's videos, Hot_ArmS won and TheMann got 2nd.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
1. Hot_ArmS
2. TheMann
3. Mojo
4. Irsic
5. Generic
5. Some Gw

thats all i can remember

and yeah, what Mr.E said, power outage was lulz but free redbulls (being handed out by those girlssss) made up for it

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Well I know that much but JV needs to put up the full bracket. I wish Snake was more common here, it's not fair I main ROB and still can't beat him because the only people around here who play him are both better than me. :( At least Mojo represents the robot in Top 3. $$

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I was under the impression that playing Snake/whatever players who are better than you is the best practice.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
It is, except they're not local to me (nobody is!) so I never actually get to play them except when they beat me in-tourney. Maybe I could bug them for extensive friendlies/MMs, but yeah. :[ It's sad the match-ups I'm most familiar with are Ness and Luigi. (Thanks for those gajillion friendlies we played at one of last year's MW events, TheMann!)

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Dude, I'm basically self-taught through Wi-Fi. ;o People rag on it but it's better than nothing, so long as lag is reasonable.

Top Bottom