• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamers' World Presents: Fight for your Friends Tournament – Montreal, QC – Aug 23, 08

Fogel

Smash Lord
We're heading out in half an hour, see you guys there. If anyone wants to play Melee once there are free setups come talk to me, I'm bringing a Melee disc :)

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Bringing my Wii+Melee+Brawl

My brawl will be on my Wii in its case, I'd like that if people uses it to put melee in the case after...I don't wanna end up loosing either..

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
ally's like the best snake ive played so if he loses im gonna be depressed

and more importantly, it'll show that Wifi does count for something and it does make you better a smasher

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
No one said it doesn't but from what i gathered from your post is that you mainly play online (considering the friend code in your postbit, the fact that you praise Ally for his play, and the fact that you want to prove that wifi does amount to something), you would have been better training agaisnt computers then online though IMO.

Playing more online then offline is gonna get you a reality check from the better players offline. But then again, there are a few good online to offline exceptions.

Either way, good luck to everyone.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Gah, crap. Alright, it's too late for me to sign up for the doubles, but, if anyone there is reading this, sign me up for singles. Also sign up Phil (WingO)

So that's Alopex and WingO for singles. I will go to the Facebook group and post it there too.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Well, how about this for info, singles tourney was one by the one person people from the smash community thought would not win.

Props to him for beating Percon in the finals and loosing (i think this is accurate) only once in the entire official tournament.

Ally, most people here owe you an apology. Even I, who didn't say you were horrible from the start but that you wouldn't be able to beat the creme de la creme underestimated you.

It's so rare though so see someone randomly show up from outside and win.

GGs to all and shoutouts to the respective people when the result thread comes up.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
Reading Rainbow might be able to help you with your reading comprehension skills to understand who won the tourney.

Until then, no Vwins never even showed up, bunch of douche bags (he and Damax that is) canceling out at the last minute.
he must of been way scared. or he didnt want to humiliate anybody

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
i should never have made that reference....

Anyway, it was a pretty awesome tourney, if only it wasnt so **** cold in the room. You guys missed out.

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
INB4 CLOUDERZ, KTHX.

I LOVE MY HUBBY ALLY <3333 UR DA BEST BBY! OHYEAH!!!111oneoneoneone!!11

In all seriousness,

GG guys, except for all MK people and any M-Matches I did (just 1). I miss my copper penny!
To be honest, I thought Kage would've been a lot tougher, I still failed miserably, but I didn't find Ike that intimidating. Can I assume that's not his main?

Had a lot of fun with Bento (as usual) and playing against a bunch of guys who knew who I was ("Oh, you're Pound Cake!?"), but I didn't know since they didn't introduce themselves.

Nice moves Ally, who had Fil saying Snake is broken :B

Clouderz

Smash Ace
LMAO
I KNEW IT

I NEW IT ALL ALONG

how's that Kingace, freaking ownedd

LMAO owned, kthxbai

hahahaha "ally isnt good offline" lmfao

omg this is too funny, i cant wait to see what kingace has to say to me, roflroflroflrofl

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Wow, a minute before the pom-pom boy came steamrolling in.
Anyways, I had a lot of fun. Rion was awesome :3.

Someone should make a Ganondorf-Team Tourney one day. EPIC!

Clouderz

Smash Ace
everyone who doubted ally, fails, especially kingace, what a noob, i cant wait to see what he has to say to me

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
LMAO
I KNEW IT

I NEW IT ALL ALONG

how's that Kingace, freaking ownedd

LMAO owned, kthxbai

hahahaha "ally isnt good offline" lmfao

omg this is too funny, i cant wait to see what kingace has to say to me, roflroflroflrofl
I sincerely hope KingAce doesn't dignify any of your attacks with a reply, you hardly deserve any.

Despite Ally truly being worthy of any title or renownship he has achieved, he was modest, quiet and enjoyed himself without having to ruin other players' time and games. He was humble and respectable in my eyes.

Even if you think you're right, you're wrong. Ally has earned at least my respect, but you earn nothing but this lecture.

P.s :D T-R-O-L-L-I-N-G (toldja Kirt)

Bug~

Smash Ace
gratz ally. I guess online does help you alot.

Ally - I think you should try and get a ride to the biggest brawl tournament to be hosted which is Critical Hit 4
in Maryland, USA. You would be a good rep along with the rest of us for Canada.

Who won doubles?

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Toronto Guys if I recall. They put up some really good fights.

Props to Joel and System for hosting a really good tournament! TURN DOWN THE AC.
I was so cold and numb, I could've taken a pistol to my left testicle and not feel a thing ._______.

Top Bottom