• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamers' World Presents: Fight for your Friends Tournament – Montreal, QC – Aug 23, 08

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Nice tourny, if only for the fact that I actually made some progress this time, and I made it out of pools! Made my day.

I didn't believe all the talks about Snake being broken until today, but after seeing Ally go, I think I see where it's coming from now : P

EDIT: Yeah, couple matches were recorded, I think they got the main ones, at least.

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
I don't. To be honest, I found the battles a bit dull...

Snake isn't broken, but just very-well versatile. As I said in the car, with a quaint T.V crushing my organs: "Why can't we just go back to discussing how broken is MK".

Thanks.

Bug: Yepyep, they'll be hosted on youtube by tomorrow most likely.

Bug~

Smash Ace
MK is the most broken, MK has no real bad matchups..and theres some that dont even have a chance.

Snake can be gimped cause of his recovery. Though, Snake does have the best ground game.

Bug~

Smash Ace
well Snake is one of the heaviest characters in the game. If a snake player consistently DI's to the corner than theres no way your killing him until 160+% unless you gimp him.

For most matchup's, if you don't gimp snake you will lose. As simple as that.

zaf

Smash Lord
i highly dout he "owned" he probobly did good but i think gtan probobly put up a good fight
gta did put up a good fight. A lot of the matches were close. But winning an entire tourney with only losing one single match in all of the pools and 32 man bracket kinda hints that he did "own".

gratz ally. I guess online does help you alot.

Ally - I think you should try and get a ride to the biggest brawl tournament to be hosted which is Critical Hit 4
in Maryland, USA. You would be a good rep along with the rest of us for Canada.

Who won doubles?
doubles was won by the gta guys

team kingace
azn sensations
and another team by the name of royal crush.

also ally, you should try and attend critical hit 4. You would proudly represent quebec.

I agree ally was some major kickass, i guess i gotta play more online, and more snake >.>
lol at swordgard. you put a lot of hype into yourself for the tourney but came out short.
dont hype so much off a win from a noob otakuthon tourney. your cgs were just the same as always, few grabs to 40% then your done.

Bug~

Smash Ace
Ally, consider going to CH4..the best in the world will be there and you definetely belong there to rep Canada cause America thinks Canada is ****

Use your prize money to get to CH4 :)

Bug~

Smash Ace
I was thinking two things to myself.

1. He can't win cause its his first tourney and its offline so maybe a bit too much of a difference.

2. He IS Ally..the best Snake in the world online, better than DSF and Tapion so he definetely has the skill and smarts to win this tournament.

I obviously was rooting for GTAN since its my area but right now, I really think Ally should consider going to CH4.

Damax

Smash Lord
Reading Rainbow might be able to help you with your reading comprehension skills to understand who won the tourney.

Until then, no Vwins never even showed up, bunch of douche bags (he and Damax that is) canceling out at the last minute.
LOL LOL LOL I guess we are getting caught by bam's spirit. (not really)

we played brawl with chester and tesrider the day before the tourny (my first time since last tourny except that weeklie crew battle) we were doing bad, being tired. test would just up air me always and I wasn't giving any response. when we came back we argued about how bad brawl was and the fact we wouldn't play that crap if it wasn't melee's successor.

then he said something about not doing singles and that we should name ourselves something along the lines of: Rather be watchin afk av's in wow than playing this game. finally when we almost got home he said he had enough of it and might not go and he'd call me to tell me what happens in the morning. he called and said **** it. So I kept playing on my psp like I would have done at the tourny and probably had a better time since the people at the tourny (mostly newcomers) aren't funny like the melee crew was.

the tournament was far to the south west, bad game, too much seriousness, I miss bam, jih and jarc. we didn't WASTE anymoney or time on such a game, also our last tournament experience was no where as cool as past melee ones. We definitly don't have the patience, I'd rather be playing SC4 x1000

Divinokage

Smash Legend
LOL LOL LOL I guess we are getting caught by bam's spirit. (not really)

we played brawl with chester and tesrider the day before the tourny (my first time since last tourny except that weeklie crew battle) we were doing bad, being tired. test would just up air me always and I wasn't giving any response. when we came back we argued about how bad brawl was and the fact we wouldn't play that crap if it wasn't melee's successor.

then he said something about not doing singles and that we should name ourselves something along the lines of: Rather be watchin afk av's in wow than playing this game. finally when we almost got home he said he had enough of it and might not go and he'd call me to tell me what happens in the morning. he called and said **** it. So I kept playing on my psp like I would have done at the tourny and probably had a better time since the people at the tourny (mostly newcomers) aren't funny like the melee crew was.

the tournament was far to the south west, bad game, too much seriousness, I miss bam, jih and jarc. we didn't WASTE anymoney or time on such a game, also our last tournament experience was no where as cool as past melee ones. We definitly don't have the patience, I'd rather be playing SC4 x1000
Why would you miss Bam, you still play with him. However you did miss hell of a good time, you were supposed to come. Even Elef, CF and Jarc came to the tourney and we had fun. I played melee too there some. Also, I got 9 wins at rock, paper, scissors in a row.. (2 sets of best of 3 wins lol.)

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
Whatever it was Damax's choice to miss out on this (AMAZING) event and to deem it unworthy of his time... On the other hand, I think it's safe to say that everyone who did come down (THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!) had a good time despite the icy room temperature!! (They probably thought video gamers like cold weather for some reason...) I earned great hosting experience from this event and everyone can look forward to Fight for your Friends Again! in the next year! (If university hasn't completely sucked me dry :() The only complaint I have was that I was placed in Ally's pool, although I am honored to have been one of the dozen people he had to blow up to Fight for his Friends!! At least now no one can say I rigged the matches (since I would have to be crazy to place myself in Ally's pool, right? :()

zaf

Smash Lord
Whatever it was Damax's choice to miss out on this (AMAZING) event and to deem it unworthy of his time... On the other hand, I think it's safe to say that everyone who did come down (THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!) had a good time despite the icy room temperature!! (They probably thought video gamers like cold weather for some reason...) I earned great hosting experience from this event and everyone can look forward to Fight for your Friends Again! in the next year! (If university hasn't completely sucked me dry :() The only complaint I have was that I was placed in Ally's pool, although I am honored to have been one of the dozen people he had to blow up to Fight for his Friends!! At least now no one can say I rigged the matches (since I would have to be crazy to place myself in Ally's pool, right? :()
iirc
nanerz > snakes
?
discuss

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Whatever man, you really did miss a hell of a good time. I think all of us have a different view on brawl this time around and i think this might just be the eye opener we all needed. And that you might have needed as well. Sucks... :dizzy:

Oh well, maybe next time.

As for me, I enjoyed it so much (other then freezing temperatures) that I almost feel like waiting another year is too long. :)

zaf

Smash Lord
Uh oh? Ally's strikes back?
Dawson is a college in downtown Montreal ( the cegep i attend ). Some of the scrub anime club players make small time tourneys with no prizes. I doubt it is something you would want to attend to. But by all means come when there is one

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Dawson is a college in downtown Montreal ( the cegep i attend ). Some of the scrub anime club players make small time tourneys with no prizes. I doubt it is something you would want to attend to. But by all means come when there is one
Their usualy Dawson Students only though, Joel can vouch for that.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
oh thats not too bad, if we hold smashfest, would you be willing to come and join us? FYI, smash fest are people holding gathering at their place to play some friendly smashing oh maybe around 10 people or so.

Top Bottom