• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Gameplay Q&A and General Discussion Thread

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Let's talk stages

How do you feel about Corrin on each of the main stages?

Here are my notes

Battlefield: The platforms greatly benefit Side B use and make it difficult for opponents to land against Corrin. It's small, so Corrin doesn't have to actually move all that much. Great stage.

Town and City: Occasional platforms are helpful + low ceiling makes it easier for Corrin to KO with up throw.

Smashville: Similar to Town and City, but the ceiling isn't as low. People who land on the floating platform are vulnerable to Back air.

Final Destination: Not a stage Corrin particularly benefits from(?)

Lylat: The tilting messes with Dragon Lunge, though Corrin appreciates the platforms.

Dreamland 64: Similar to Battlefield. Top platform is close to the ceiling, which improves vertical KOing.

Duck Hunt: It's duck hunt. Lowered visibility is a double-edged sword, though its easier to land side Bs. Characters with higher movement options can be annoying, but you have so much range it's difficult for opponents to camp. High ceiling.
What do you think?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Dude, I'm not into Bayonetta, but I have to admit, 'dat ass is a piece of art.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Dude, I'm not into Bayonetta, but I have to admit, 'dat *** is a piece of art.
Just curious, which Corrin costume do you use, Oz?
Also just a general question, what is that thing called where Corrin b reverses her DFS in air and basically switches momentum in air? I've been using it a lot lately and don't know the name for it.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Lylat is our worst stage IMO, because it messes with Pinning opponents. However, on the other end, it sort of helps to get the side B tipper easier?
I dislike Dreamland due to the slight elevated platforms and it just feels weird in general (?) Also, Pineapple :'v
I always try to go to T&C.

Also just a general question, what is that thing called where Corrin b reverses her DFS in air and basically switches momentum in air? I've been using it a lot lately and don't know the name for it.
I'm pretty sure it's the overused black alt, going by the avatar :v
Also, you just named it. It's called B Reverse. The derivatives of B Reverse are things like Wave Bouncing, etc.

I mainly use B Reverse to surprise people and get the uncharged shot into 17% bite for the kill.

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Lylat is our worst stage IMO, because it messes with Pinning opponents. However, on the other end, it sort of helps to get the side B tipper easier?
I dislike Dreamland due to the slight elevated platforms and it just feels weird in general (?) Also, Pineapple :'v
I always try to go to T&C.

I'm pretty sure it's the overused black alt, going by the avatar :v
Also, you just named it. It's called B Reverse. The derivatives of B Reverse are things like Wave Bouncing, etc.

I mainly use B Reverse to surprise people and get the uncharged shot into 17% bite for the kill.
Would you say it's better than Battlefield? I've been going to it more than Battlefield lately, mainly because I really appreciate the early vertical KOs.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Would you say it's better than Battlefield? I've been going to it more than Battlefield lately, mainly because I really appreciate the early vertical KOs.
Isn't BF the one with the highest ceiling? Unless you take in account the top platform, but so does happen in T&C?

I suppose it depends on the MU, since I try to avoid BF since if you lose control on the bottom, I feel we can get juggled and camped beneath the platforms, which I despise.

D

Deleted member 189823

Literally every one of them, barring the male normal silver and greens. I "main" Corrange, but actually find myself using silver more and ocassionally shift between pink and Nogitsune Black. For male Corrin, I use the Blood Knight a lot more than Blue.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Isn't BF the one with the highest ceiling? Unless you take in account the top platform, but so does happen in T&C?

I suppose it depends on the MU, since I try to avoid BF since if you lose control on the bottom, I feel we can get juggled and camped beneath the platforms, which I despise.
Dair has really stupid reach so if somebody is standing under a platform you can use it as a mix up and hit them through the platform. Works on a surprising amount of characters.

D

Deleted member 189823

Dair has really stupid reach so if somebody is standing under a platform you can use it as a mix up and hit them through the platform. Works on a surprising amount of characters.
That's what I do, lol. D-air's so much better than the standard FF'ing D-airs. It's not a bad landing option as a mixup, it deals solid amount of damage (13-18%), it can generally combo into stuff or at least gets them at a pretty good angle for us.

D

Deleted member 189823

anyone notice how surprisingly flexible our F-Smash's TIPPER hitbox, is? It hits surprisingly close, which does come in handy for people disrupting your spacing. I tend to use down-angled a lot, as it hits closer than the other variations. There's also stutter-step F-Smash, which helps me space it a tiny margin that ends up making the difference.

also, does anyone know with our TIPPER U-Smash beats Cloud's D-air.

Last edited by a moderator:

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
F-smash tipper hit box is nearly the length of a full square on wii u omega coliseum. At least the non angled one. The tipper is way bigger than Marth's.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
anyone notice how surprisingly flexible our F-Smash's TIPPER hitbox, is? It hits surprisingly close, which does come in handy for people disrupting your spacing. I tend to use down-angled a lot, as it hits closer than the other variations. There's also stutter-step F-Smash, which helps me space it a tiny margin that ends up making the difference.

also, does anyone know with our TIPPER U-Smash beats Cloud's D-air.
Yeah that Fsmash is dope af.
Also to answer your question, yes, our tipper usmash beats out Clouds' Dair.I would have had a replay to show you, but the Bayonetta update deleted it...
Actually, even a properly spaced uair or utilt can beat it out, which comes in handy since now every Cloud player just hops around throwing out autocancel dairs.I'm sick of seeing it everywhere I go.
Also I'd like to thank all of you guys on the board.My Corrin has vastly improved, and so has my game in general.I'll be rejoining Anthers Ladder as soon as my entrance exam is over, so if any of you have a 3DS, I'd love to play some sets.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I know this is a double post, but please make an exception.
So I'd like some proper answers about offstage dair into footstool. It's been done, even at a competitive level.
So how does it work? What are the conditions? On which characters? At what percents, if any? It looks like something that could come in handy later.I can't play smash at the moment, so I'd really appreciate any help.

D

Deleted member 189823

Thing doesn't seem to care about percentage. Regarding the D-air > Footsie, apparently you need to be "a character" above them. You can also outright spike attacks with a hitbox, like Mario, Marth and even Corrin's.

D

Deleted member 189823

LOL, I actually spelt "Marty" instead of Marth.

anyway, more stuff about the Cloud MU:

Cloud's D-air is actually kind of hard to intercept against an actual good Cloud player. Like, they can do it often, but if they catch you somewhere close (think OoS, for example), you don't even have much space to U-air. With that said, I find our best bet is to run away and Shield, try to Grab it (Pivot Grab worked pretty well for me, here), Pivot F-Tilt (fast, decent range and pretty easy to bait) and, my new favorite, RaR F-air or N-air. ee-mo, these last two are insanely good. They can replace a handful of options, especially since they tend to start combos for harder punishes. Obviously, Instant Pin is good for punishing Cloud's FH D-air, but I'd much rather save it for the kill. Same goes for U-air (which you should be going for when they're higher up, anyways).

Other stuff:

I've been looking a lot into the difference between Instant Pin and our aerials when it comes to punishes. We do a crapton out of aerials, and while raw damage is worse than Instant Pin in terms of, say, OoS punishes, we get a lot more potential follow-ups and setups. You usually get like 14% off of a simple N-air to F-air or F-air to F-air to even more potential F-airs or possible N-air/U-air frame traps.

How does aerial frame data work, in conjuction to jump startup? Say, jump startup is about 6 frames and our N-air/F-air is 6-7 frames. Would that be a total of 12 frames for an OoS punish, or does the aerial start pretty much at the same time as the jump? I notice we can play around with these kind of punishes. With this in mind, I do see N-air/F-air to Bite as something viable, as well as setups like FH F-air on taller characters, auto-cancelled N/F-air to U-air at around 100 and above and stuff like that.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
LOL, I actually spelt "Marty" instead of Marth.

anyway, more stuff about the Cloud MU:

Cloud's D-air is actually kind of hard to intercept against an actual good Cloud player. Like, they can do it often, but if they catch you somewhere close (think OoS, for example), you don't even have much space to U-air. With that said, I find our best bet is to run away and Shield, try to Grab it (Pivot Grab worked pretty well for me, here), Pivot F-Tilt (fast, decent range and pretty easy to bait) and, my new favorite, RaR F-air or N-air. ee-mo, these last two are insanely good. They can replace a handful of options, especially since they tend to start combos for harder punishes. Obviously, Instant Pin is good for punishing Cloud's FH D-air, but I'd much rather save it for the kill. Same goes for U-air (which you should be going for when they're higher up, anyways).

Other stuff:

I've been looking a lot into the difference between Instant Pin and our aerials when it comes to punishes. We do a crapton out of aerials, and while raw damage is worse than Instant Pin in terms of, say, OoS punishes, we get a lot more potential follow-ups and setups. You usually get like 14% off of a simple N-air to F-air or F-air to F-air to even more potential F-airs or possible N-air/U-air frame traps.

How does aerial frame data work, in conjuction to jump startup? Say, jump startup is about 6 frames and our N-air/F-air is 6-7 frames. Would that be a total of 12 frames for an OoS punish, or does the aerial start pretty much at the same time as the jump? I notice we can play around with these kind of punishes. With this in mind, I do see N-air/F-air to Bite as something viable, as well as setups like FH F-air on taller characters, auto-cancelled N/F-air to U-air at around 100 and above and stuff like that.
Question, can Instant Pin be used as OoS? I'm definitely inexperienced about these matters, so please pardon my ignorance.
Also I agree with you on the RAR Nair, been using it a lot and it's fantastic.
How is Corrin as a doubles partner? I ask this because I was watching Trela+Cosmos vs ZeRo+Nairo.

D

Deleted member 189823

Not without a shield drop you can't. So it's basically 14-15 frames punish (depending on whether shield drop is 6 or 7 frames).
I prefer RaR F-air because it basically does everything. It also autocancels, you can RaR it's FH variations for our other setups and you even have the rising version which seems really good for spacing (which is also faster than B-air).

Don't know anything about Doubles. **** Doubles, lol.

also forgot to mention Cloud's U-air is, literally, the single most annoying thing in that MU. Learned that the super hard way by being reminded you cant challenge it at all (even if something like your D-air does hit from above, just consider yourself lucky). Used to take like 50-60 damage off of those until I realised our best bet is either Jump away, DI away constantly and try to sneak in an airdodge. If you do have him at a sort of diagonal angle below, you can actually F-air it. Works well through platforms. U-air also works for interrumpting our strings if we aren't spacing perfectly. a lot of times you're going to want to bait Cloud into doing one of U or D-air, as they have a blindspot on the sides. My favorites are catching him in N-air/F-air strings. U-Smash also ****s Cloud if he's silly enough to try to D-air on a platform.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Not without a shield drop you can't. So it's basically 14-15 frames punish (depending on whether shield drop is 6 or 7 frames).
I prefer RaR F-air because it basically does everything. It also autocancels, you can RaR it's FH variations for our other setups and you even have the rising version which seems really good for spacing (which is also faster than B-air).

Don't know anything about Doubles. **** Doubles, lol.

also forgot to mention Cloud's U-air is, literally, the single most annoying thing in that MU. Learned that the super hard way by being reminded you cant challenge it at all (even if something like your D-air does hit from above, just consider yourself lucky). Used to take like 50-60 damage off of those until I realised our best bet is either Jump away, DI away constantly and try to sneak in an airdodge. If you do have him at a sort of diagonal angle below, you can actually F-air it. Works well through platforms. U-air also works for interrumpting our strings if we aren't spacing perfectly. a lot of times you're going to want to bait Cloud into doing one of U or D-air, as they have a blindspot on the sides. My favorites are catching him in N-air/F-air strings. U-Smash also ****s Cloud if he's silly enough to try to D-air on a platform.
Get your sweet revenge by simply fsmashing his non-ledge-sweetspotting recovery, and then laughing loudly.
Really, I find the Cloud MU really irritating. The only way I seem to be able to take a stock is if they overextend their combo and get countered, or they happen to be offstage without Limit Break.

D

Deleted member 189823

OH, you just reminded me:

Yeah, about our TIPPER vs. his recovery. My friend (a pretty good Cloud) is pretty much the only Cloud ever I realised made it annoying for me by going for the straight Up-and-down Up-B (the one that spikes). But I just recently realised we can still get him on the way down, LOL (it's not even that hard to time). I was just being dumb and constantly trying to challenge him when recovering high at the ledge. Limit could be worse, honestly. Like, we've been playing a recent pre-patch mod (which just gathers the pre-patch characters and keeps the good ones), and I notice how much worse Cloud could be. D-air to Finishing Touch combos but also kills at like 50 (pre-patch), Cross-slash killed at like 70 and U-air did 12% instead of 8% (which is actually the least of my worried vs. pre-patch Cloud). With all of this said, the MU isn't a whole lot different than it is against current Cloud. I mean, you're still constantly trying to avoid U-air juggles like the plague, and D-air gives you an extra reason to look out for it and punish it hard. I think people are too afraid of Limit that it ends up playing against them. If it hits, it'll just happen.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
OH, you just reminded me:

Yeah, about our TIPPER vs. his recovery. My friend (a pretty good Cloud) is pretty much the only Cloud ever I realised made it annoying for me by going for the straight Up-and-down Up-B (the one that spikes). But I just recently realised we can still get him on the way down, LOL (it's not even that hard to time). I was just being dumb and constantly trying to challenge him when recovering high at the ledge. Limit could be worse, honestly. Like, we've been playing a recent pre-patch mod (which just gathers the pre-patch characters and keeps the good ones), and I notice how much worse Cloud could be. D-air to Finishing Touch combos but also kills at like 50 (pre-patch), Cross-slash killed at like 70 and U-air did 12% instead of 8% (which is actually the least of my worried vs. pre-patch Cloud). With all of this said, the MU isn't a whole lot different than it is against current Cloud. I mean, you're still constantly trying to avoid U-air juggles like the plague, and D-air gives you an extra reason to look out for it and punish it hard. I think people are too afraid of Limit that it ends up playing against them. If it hits, it'll just happen.
I actually play really aggressively if Cloud has broken his limits, with the goal of forcing a Limit Climhazzard. Honestly the only Limit Break to fear is Cross Slash (At least for me). Finishing Touch and Limit Blade Beam are easily avoidable, and Limit Climhazzard is not an option people normally pick for Limit Move.
Also the really helpful thing is the camera slowdown for Limit CS, because it helps you correct your timing for a tech if your opponent has just tried to stage spike you with Limit CS.

D

Deleted member 189823

There are also times when Cross-Slash doesn't kill cross-stage, even over 100. So unless they don't really care about that, that's something to keep in mind. The Beam thingy is a lot weaker.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
There are also times when Cross-Slash doesn't kill cross-stage, even over 100. So unless they don't really care about that, that's something to keep in mind. The Beam thingy is a lot weaker.
Only now do I appreciate how much Draconic Ascent protects me.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Just a question how safe would bair be on shield if autocanceled. like how many frames safe or not safe?

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Just a question how safe would bair be on shield if autocanceled. like how many frames safe or not safe?
+5 without shield drop, +12 with a shield drop I believe. B-air is 9 frames shield stun 2 my knowledge.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! just to clear up + means its 5 frames safe?
- is the # of frames your opponent can act before you. If + that means # of frames you have before they can act. So if this auto canceled you would have 5 frames to act before they could in any way.

D

Deleted member 189823

Is it just me, or does no one take advantage of rising N-air? I literally don't use it because it doesn't look as sexy as F-air, but that might change sometime. Liek, the attack starts at Frame 6, we can OoS it, it's weak hit leads to thing (like Skitrel said, it can lead to N-air strings). and by the looks of it, it can also combo into B-air for kills (I think it's situational, like it doesn't go over 100 and this works best near the ledge...might be good for catching ledge jumps???). For mixups, it looks like it may also be possible for it to kinda combo into U-air? This last one seems very specific, though.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or does no one take advantage of rising N-air? I literally don't use it because it doesn't look as sexy as F-air, but that might change sometime. Liek, the attack starts at Frame 6, we can OoS it, it's weak hit leads to thing (like Skitrel said, it can lead to N-air strings). and by the looks of it, it can also combo into B-air for kills (I think it's situational, like it doesn't go over 100 and this works best near the ledge...might be good for catching ledge jumps???). For mixups, it looks like it may also be possible for it to kinda combo into U-air? This last one seems very specific, though.
as a rising option f-air pretty much outclasses it in every way. F-air auto cancels from rising sh, leads into combos easier, and leads into better combos. The problem with rising n-air is it that it lasts so long and as such it makes it hard to get follow ups if it hits with anything but the last parts of the hit box (rising n-air has no ground to cancel the rest of its long animation). What it does better than f-air is covering directions other than in-front of corrin (good to catch air dodges and challenge cross ups). Overall rising f-air trumps rising n-air in the vast majority of situations. As a side note FF n-air on a grounded target > FF f-air on a grounded target. So n-air has its uses.

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
So I found out that I'm pathetic against shield -happy opponents, and shields in Smash are just so damn resilient and regenerate so fast. I keep messing up the grab because I overestimate range. Any advice?

D

Deleted member 189823

So I found out that I'm pathetic against shield -happy opponents, and shields in Smash are just so damn resilient and regenerate so fast. I keep messing up the grab because I overestimate range. Any advice?
Welcome to mid-level
On a serious note, yeah, doesn't take a ton of brains to realise you can shutdown a lot of Corrin's options if you just Shield (which is the reason I get mad when people think IP is broken). Like we can still do all our ****, it's just a smarter player won't just let you come up and constantly F-air/IP them. This got me constantly tweaking and working around my spacing, auto cancelled aerials and severely diminishing my use on IP (which will have more emphasis as a kill move, assuming you're having some trouble landing them). With this in mind, also Grab. I learned at the very beginning of my Corrin days, and against a good Diddy Kong, no less. Tomohawks, to be more exact. If you watch matches of players like Cosmos and Ryuga, they just Grab more than your average Corrin (Ryo and Cosmos also use IP in specific situations, rather than making it a staple of their game as a whole).

For me, Shield's became much more of a threat when I came back and faced one of my peers. He mains Sheik and Charizard, and he empaphizes his grabbing capability by just being really good at shielding. Think of it, a fast character can just come up to you, PS your attack and just grab you, which is why Tomohawks are there for mixups.

Our Grab range feels really average, but it works when you need it to. I try to keep reminding myself to throw out less hitboxes and just grab more. There might be a time when you've conditioned your opponent so much off of grabbing that they'll end up doing something else. I've yet to see it myself.

You may also notice beating shields is also emphasized on certain matchups, like against heavies such as Bowser, DK, DDD (who get a lot off of grabs, too), campy Link players and stuff like that. Don't pretend like they don't exist, because that's only an easy way to be caught off-guard further down the road.

/textwall

Also waiting on Hero_2_All Hero_2_All and @Skitrel to put there matches up, someday. :denzel:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Welcome to mid-level
On a serious note, yeah, doesn't take a ton of brains to realise you can shutdown a lot of Corrin's options if you just Shield (which is the reason I get mad when people think IP is broken). Like we can still do all our ****, it's just a smarter player won't just let you come up and constantly F-air/IP them. This got me constantly tweaking and working around my spacing, auto cancelled aerials and severely diminishing my use on IP (which will have more emphasis as a kill move, assuming you're having some trouble landing them). With this in mind, also Grab. I learned at the very beginning of my Corrin days, and against a good Diddy Kong, no less. Tomohawks, to be more exact. If you watch matches of players like Cosmos and Ryuga, they just Grab more than your average Corrin (Ryo and Cosmos also use IP in specific situations, rather than making it a staple of their game as a whole).

For me, Shield's became much more of a threat when I came back and faced one of my peers. He mains Sheik and Charizard, and he empaphizes his grabbing capability by just being really good at shielding. Think of it, a fast character can just come up to you, PS your attack and just grab you, which is why Tomohawks are there for mixups.

Our Grab range feels really average, but it works when you need it to. I try to keep reminding myself to throw out less hitboxes and just grab more. There might be a time when you've conditioned your opponent so much off of grabbing that they'll end up doing something else. I've yet to see it myself.

You may also notice beating shields is also emphasized on certain matchups, like against heavies such as Bowser, DK, DDD (who get a lot off of grabs, too), campy Link players and stuff like that. Don't pretend like they don't exist, because that's only an easy way to be caught off-guard further down the road.

/textwall

Also waiting on Hero_2_All Hero_2_All and @Skitrel to put there matches up, someday. :denzel:
Thanks Oz, I've improved against shieldys and I've reduced my IPing, turns out all I needed was to improve spacing and not pin at the drop of a hat.

D

Deleted member 189823

also, ****nobodycaresabout:

Been grinding super hard these last few days. I discovered a few cool things during that. Liek:

- We can Side B straight off a rising F-air. Seems liking something kind of trivial, but I realised how this can be overlooked. Opens up better low-percent combo starters (I do autocanceled N-air, to rising F-air F-air, then Instant Pin). Garanteed or not, it allows for more possibilities, as well as an extra landing option to the already safe rising F-air).

- Might've found actual scenarios for a lot of our setups. Namely, FH F-airs into X (U-airs, Side B and maybe even Bite at some point), N-air/F-air into Bite or U-air (at higher percentages, though it looks very DI-dependent):

You can actually get the FH F-air on shorter characters (about shorter than Yoshi, Falco and Lucario, I think) if you catch them somewhere in the air (whether it'd be them landing to the stage, a platform, in the middle of a jump or ledge getup/jump) and N-air combos into FH F-air around mid-percentages I think.

- FH F-air has pretty specific range, but it's actually really good. Like, Instant Pin range good.

- 99-stock Versus made this all possible. Decided to take off the training wheels that is Training Mode, and I moved on to this. also kind of got tired of raging in FG for stuff that's to blame on lag.

Otherotheroether

Stil think Side B's super overrated. I mean, I get it, the attack packs a lot of damage, range and speed. But it can only do so much. It isn't Corrin's metagame as a whole, as some would let you think. Straying away from it, I realise we can do a lot more as a whole with our general kit mixed in together. Ideally, I'd like to reseve it for specific punishes (low-percent ones that don't lead to too many strings) or kills (kills at about 100-120 with rage). F-air/N-air OoS might also allow for better potential punishes (F-air strings, extra juggles as well as the aforementioned kill setups)

I also realise how good our U-air is. Liek, really good. Might be okay for me to use it a lot more for lower to mid-percent juggles. also killed pretty often at about 100 with some rage. D-Tilt U-air with like 130 rage kills Shulk at 85, which is pretty insane.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
also, ****nobodycaresabout:

Been grinding super hard these last few days. I discovered a few cool things during that. Liek:

- We can Side B straight off a rising F-air. Seems liking something kind of trivial, but I realised how this can be overlooked. Opens up better low-percent combo starters (I do autocanceled N-air, to rising F-air F-air, then Instant Pin). Garanteed or not, it allows for more possibilities, as well as an extra landing option to the already safe rising F-air).

- Might've found actual scenarios for a lot of our setups. Namely, FH F-airs into X (U-airs, Side B and maybe even Bite at some point), N-air/F-air into Bite or U-air (at higher percentages, though it looks very DI-dependent):

You can actually get the FH F-air on shorter characters (about shorter than Yoshi, Falco and Lucario, I think) if you catch them somewhere in the air (whether it'd be them landing to the stage, a platform, in the middle of a jump or ledge getup/jump) and N-air combos into FH F-air around mid-percentages I think.

- FH F-air has pretty specific range, but it's actually really good. Like, Instant Pin range good.

- 99-stock Versus made this all possible. Decided to take off the training wheels that is Training Mode, and I moved on to this. also kind of got tired of raging in FG for stuff that's to blame on lag.

Otherotheroether

Stil think Side B's super overrated. I mean, I get it, the attack packs a lot of damage, range and speed. But it can only do so much. It isn't Corrin's metagame as a whole, as some would let you think. Straying away from it, I realise we can do a lot more as a whole with our general kit mixed in together. Ideally, I'd like to reseve it for specific punishes (low-percent ones that don't lead to too many strings) or kills (kills at about 100-120 with rage). F-air/N-air OoS might also allow for better potential punishes (F-air strings, extra juggles as well as the aforementioned kill setups)

I also realise how good our U-air is. Liek, really good. Might be okay for me to use it a lot more for lower to mid-percent juggles. also killed pretty often at about 100 with some rage. D-Tilt U-air with like 130 rage kills Shulk at 85, which is pretty insane.
I'd like to add to the above.
I don't know whether you've already found it, or how important it is, but if you perform Dragon Lunge from ground to offstage, you can "carry" the lance for a good 2.5 to 3 seconds. What I mean to say is, even after 3 seconds, if you tap B, the lance will pop out and you get that wonky airhop.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Who do you guys play along with Corrin?
Weirdly, I feel most comfortable playing Charizard and Shulk as Corrin's backups.
Charizard because he's awesome, and symbolism (y'know, fire dragon and water dragon).
Shulk because sword and British accent.

D

Deleted member 189823

Naw, I wanna be the Corrin guy

also, guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCICTAWl6bg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrLjX1zqX0E

Battlefield who?

Credits to @TDK. Without his suggestion, I wouldn't even buy Dreamland in the first place- let alone actually realise the insane potential in platforms. I use to find a drawback in them (me, personally) because I would get stuck in lag and ****.
Regarding the actual combo, it's not as super easy as it may look. That may have to do because I did it about the earliest percentage in which they can die, which has an effect on the amout of hitstun? Someone confirm. I'm thinking rage might actually help at getting super low-percent kills like these. It's insane. and while the combo looks rather situational, you also have the other platforms to work with.

EDIT: Seems to work in BF. Just killed zss with the combo at 45%. I'm thinking it'll kill at 40% in Dreamland, which makes me thing the ceiling's difference isn't that big (about 5%, tops). Having had experimented with this yesterday and now had me become a lot more comfterble with platforms than I used to be. They used to be but a hassle...now I actually "feel" them, get me? Going to experiment on Versus Mode, to see the effects of rage.

D

Deleted member 189823

Granted people will become oh-so-ever consistent at the art of Power Shielding. Yeah, right. I mean, like, it's there. It looks great, and it's always something to keep in mind. If you can pull it off, excellent. Which reminds me of something similiar I had in mind:

any chance we can punish things with Bite? You basically have a 10-frame ridiculously powerful smash attack at your disposal. That's only 2 frames slower than your typical Instant Pin OoS (which is pretty viable at punishing a handful of moves on your shield). It's range is also nothing to call home about. On the other hand. there's also Counter OoS? anyone? I never really react to charged Smash attacks unless I reeaally expect it.

actually scratch the first part altogether. That's actually pretty insane. I wish I could Powershield...

Top Bottom