• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Gameplay Q&A and General Discussion Thread

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Yeah probably. Come to think of it there are a lot of times where I'll get nair on someone that's airdodged into the ground to avoid an uair and that could probably be optimised into this fair>DFS.

Will see if I can work out the old habit and in the new. It took way too long to stop dthrowing and using uthrow instead so I expect to kick myself a lot for autopilot and situational muscle memory.
Come to think of it, do we have anywhere that lists Corrin's kill confirms and what range they work at? I mean, I have a pretty good idea when using Robin of when the Checkmate will work, but I couldn't tell you much about Corrin aside from when uthrow will kill and a rough feel for uair and bair...

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Come to think of it, do we have anywhere that lists Corrin's kill confirms and what range they work at? I mean, I have a pretty good idea when using Robin of when the Checkmate will work, but I couldn't tell you much about Corrin aside from when uthrow will kill and a rough feel for uair and bair...
Confirms? No. Not a complete easy to reference list. Just the combo thread that's lacking in first post updates and the (hopefully soon to grow more) kill % thread.

Confirms would be a very useful reference for at least not bothering to attempt some kills past the % they stop working. Countless fair>uair whiffs could have been exchanged for something else.

Unfortunately I think we're lacking in serious labbers here. The Corrins appear to in general be a chatty social bunch while the most serious that could take a lead on writeups appear to lack the time to put into labbing for the data.

With that said we're comparing a very new character board without a tournament major yet against popular character boards that have had plenty to inspire motivation.

I'd be the change I want to see but I have painting I should be doing.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Dunno if this was already known, but falling nair/fair>DFS is a true combo on most characters in the 45~70% range, and even without a full charge bite it can kill with good stage position.

If you're describing what I think you are, this is a thing you can do with all landing hitbox aerials. You can mash it out while stuck in something like a rapid jab where the hits don't combo, and potentially land with it immediately, putting out the landing hitbox frame 1 and interrupting their attack.
Yes, that's exactly what I ment. I'd like to experiment for with it so I might lab a bit after I get my WiiU back.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Is there a way to escape Mario's U-tilt strings without receiving atleast 40 damage?

I am having trouble escaping them.

I didn't had this trouble when I used Shulk and Pit, since I could get relaitve unharmed, however, with Corrin, I get comboed.

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
What's :4corrinf: best costume? I am thinking the black and yellow one or the pink is true waifu. Anyway is :4corrinf: fair and nair her best options for approach if you space them right. Falling fair and nair I think also could be good for approach cause she doesn't seem to have too much landing lag on those.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to escape Mario's U-tilt strings without receiving atleast 40 damage?

I didn't had this trouble when I used Shulk and Pit, since I could get relaitve unharmed, however, with Corrin, I get comboed.
I know it's going to raise some eyebrows here but I've found UpB to be a good option for escaping low to the ground juggles like this one and Fox combos. Invincibility on startup where we simply don't have any moves that are fast enough to act as combo breakers most of the time.

Yes it results in the opponent switching to a different kind of juggle. But at least that kind of juggle they have potential to miss from, and there are plenty of platforms to land your upB on anyway unless we're talking about FG. I hope we're not. Either way an escapable juggle is better than an unescapable juggle.

I should also add that this is the escape option LarryLurr has started using in tournament recently too. So there's top player use behind this option choice.
What's :4corrinf: best costume? I am thinking the black and yellow one or the pink is true waifu. Anyway is :4corrinf: fair and nair her best options for approach if you space them right. Falling fair and nair I think also could be good for approach cause she doesn't seem to have too much landing lag on those.
Default waifu best waifu. Fair, nair, rar bair and IP on shield are safe. Fair is the least safe and requires spacing properly. Make sure you know the matchups IP isn't punishable in, there's a thread for it.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I like orange :4corrinf:

I know it's going to raise some eyebrows here but I've found UpB to be a good option for escaping low to the ground juggles like this one and Fox combos.
If you want more eyebrow raising I've also gotten Counter Surge to work to break out of Mario Utilt strings before

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro

You could look into trying to 'Dair' out of it. I'm unsure if it works but I'm thinking it might.

I know it's going to raise some eyebrows here but I've found UpB to be a good option for escaping low to the ground juggles like this one and Fox combos. Invincibility on startup where we simply don't have any moves that are fast enough to act as combo breakers most of the time.

Yes it results in the opponent switching to a different kind of juggle. But at least that kind of juggle they have potential to miss from, and there are plenty of platforms to land your upB on anyway unless we're talking about FG. I hope we're not. Either way an escapable juggle is better than an unescapable juggle.

I should also add that this is the escape option LarryLurr has started using in tournament recently too. So there's top player use behind this option choice.

Default waifu best waifu. Fair, nair, rar bair and IP on shield are safe. Fair is the least safe and requires spacing properly. Make sure you know the matchups IP isn't punishable in, there's a thread for it.
I'm liking this quite a lot and even though Up-b puts yourself in freefall which is something most smashers would try to avoid at all cost, it's better than guaranteed damage for sure.

Also, male Corrin all the way. The regular is the best.

D

Deleted member

Default and orange are best female alts. This is scientific fact. :4corrinf:

Last edited by a moderator:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I'm digging this love for orange Corrin. Corange. Orrin. Anyways, it looks great.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
I like orange :4corrinf:

If you want more eyebrow raising I've also gotten Counter Surge to work to break out of Mario Utilt strings before
Huh. That's weird, I've tried it yet never managed to get it to work. Same for damn Sheik ftilt and Fox combos. I may experiment with it some more though.

upB definitely seems most reliable though. Weird. And people call it out as a dumb thing to do. But I think it's genuinely the best option Corrin has for dealing with these high pressure low to the ground combos, she just can't seem to land or break out easily otherwise.

I'm pretty sure that it'll be quite heavily debated as an option with two camps of people sitting on one side and the other.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Thanks for the info guys. I'll try Up B next time. I suppose I will take mario to a stage with platforms. I think I got Dair to work once, but I wonder if it was a mere accident as in my opponent stopped Utilting and did something else instead. I think counter is an unreliable option, as by now, most Mario mains knows if we have a counter, we might try to use it, just for them to charge the Usmash and get another 15%+ damage.

And nice to see Orange Corrin is popular. It's the one I use because I like the orange with blue stripes on it. Black and Pink are overrated. Like, almost everywhere I see, someone is either using that color.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Dragon ascent intangibility kicks in on frame 10 while Counter Surge is active on frame 7 (with intangibility on frames 6-7 and throughout the entire counter activation). I feel as though the latter should work better against frame-tight strings like Mario uptilt or Sheik ftilt, but there is also more room for a hard punish if read. As with any character, jump and airdodge is likely the best option, but if you lose your jump you're gonna end up taking more damage.

---

As for there not being many discoveries made or much interest in Corrin as of late, I feel there are a few reasons explaining this:

• First off, there aren't too many high/top-level players repping Corrin in high-profile tournaments yet, so lower level players such as myself don't have a wide library of references to be inspired from. Ryuga's recent run at Landlocked is the most notable result we have: 2nd ahead of top-level players such as Dabuz and Ally (+ a set win over Zinoto) is very impressive and more than a big chunk of the cast can say. However, we have yet to see if this can be replicated or if it was matchup inexperience working its magic. There's also Ryo putting in work in FL and some other showings by 6WX, Remzi and CosmicCosmos at a more local level. The results are there and show that this character can compete for now, but there haven't been many "WOW after seeing that i wanna learn this character too" showings yet, is what I'm trying to say.
  • There's also the fact that Corrin doesn't appear to have a clear cut, intended playstyle, so newer players might feel confused as to what they're supposed to do with her. We've seen a wide array of playstyles from high-level players, with varying degrees of success. Should I mimic Ryo's pressure-heavy, in-your-face gameplay or Earth's extremely patient, low-commitment playstyle? Do I impose my presence in midrange, at fsmash/DL range, walking back and forth, waiting for the opponent to enter my zone, or do I approach with aerials, pressure their shield hoping that they drop it at the wrong time? My point is, there isn't any obvious or right way to play Corrin, as the character has the tools to accommodate a large scope of players. This isn't a bad thing, au contraire it means we can deal and adapt to a given situation (% lead vs deficit, for instance) on the fly, but it also makes it harder for new players to pick up and play Corrin without working on the different aspects that make her good.
  • Hype for Bayo and Cloud and buffs to the other sword users in general is diverting exposure away from Corrin, and most of the time she's talked about on Reddit/Twitter/etc is spent complaining about Counter Surge killing Mac at 0% after a fully charged fsmash or some ****. After the hype dies down a bit and more people start realizing how obscenely ridiculous moves like nair and DL are we'll probably see our numbers grow.
  • Corrin's moves are fairly straightforward. Unlike other characters we don't have room to lab and optimize footstool and jab lock setups. With most of the moveset sending at higher angles, there is little potential for edgeguarding beyond tipper DL and ledgesnap stuff. Very few multihit moves and none with soft spikes à la Greninja and Ryu uair or MK bair. DFS does stun but not long enough for us to set up intricate punishes like ZSS and Ryu can. Admittedly, Corrin isn't a very exciting or flashy character to lab. We just swing the Yato around and impale people to the ground, there's nothing more to it, really. Most of the labbing will be trying to figure out how to make our presence more threatening, potential frame traps, optimizing juggles and other "boring" stuff that many players don't have the patience to test.
Lmao, didn't intend to post a wall of text, just wanted to lay down my thoughts on the matter. Anyways, since I can't lab much by myself, I was thinking of working on some sort of Corrin heat map, like this, but for options she has in the air. I don't have the tools or data to make it as clean as that and it will probably be quite sloppy but it should come in handy, I think.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Hmmm, interesting posts with topics that should be taken in consideration.

Well, for me, I have been playing midrange, likely because thats how I play with Shulk, with careful spacing, along with the mix-ups.

Perhaps I abuse Dragon Lunge too much and stale it...Hmm. Might need to watch some of the videos with the players you mentioned.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Dragon ascent intangibility kicks in on frame 10 while Counter Surge is active on frame 7 (with intangibility on frames 6-7 and throughout the entire counter activation). I feel as though the latter should work better against frame-tight strings like Mario uptilt or Sheik ftilt, but there is also more room for a hard punish if read. As with any character, jump and airdodge is likely the best option, but if you lose your jump you're gonna end up taking more damage.
This is generally why I figured people would find it eyebrow raising. But oddly it seems to work, and better than using nair which is much faster than any other option.

I don't know why it works better to be honest. But in practice it does seem to work better.

After the hype dies down a bit and more people start realizing how obscenely ridiculous moves like nair and DL are we'll probably see our numbers grow.
I just wanted to quote this for posterity as I liked it.

Unlike other characters we don't have room to lab and optimize footstool and jab lock setups.
We don't actually need a jablock with DFS as an option. There are ways to use DFS in place of jablocks like Pikachu does, in fact I'm pretty sure there are setups for footstool>dfs>BITE that would act as a kill option. We just haven't gotten around to toying with them yet. Either way a missed tech against Corrin is a free DFS hit, which is a devastating tipper without any optimisation or labbing done so far.

I'm not entirely sure that we can't be flashy yet. I am pretty confident that there's ways to use DFS that are going to look very flashy, DFS into bite as a frametrap is probably something that will appear at some point, particular if matching an opponent's falling trajectory to cause them to be forced to airdodge the stun only to have landing lag for the bite.

Time will tell, but just theorycrafting possibilities seems to bring a lot to the table that hasn't really been labbed yet. I think the reason we haven't gotten into flashy things is that Corrin is very good with just her fundamentals so she has not yet been forced into advancing her meta which has started out so strongly.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
We don't actually need a jablock with DFS as an option. There are ways to use DFS in place of jablocks like Pikachu does, in fact I'm pretty sure there are setups for footstool>dfs>BITE that would act as a kill option. We just haven't gotten around to toying with them yet. Either way a missed tech against Corrin is a free DFS hit, which is a devastating tipper without any optimisation or labbing done so far.

I'm not entirely sure that we can't be flashy yet. I am pretty confident that there's ways to use DFS that are going to look very flashy, DFS into bite as a frametrap is probably something that will appear at some point, particular if matching an opponent's falling trajectory to cause them to be forced to airdodge the stun only to have landing lag for the bite.

Time will tell, but just theorycrafting possibilities seems to bring a lot to the table that hasn't really been labbed yet. I think the reason we haven't gotten into flashy things is that Corrin is very good with just her fundamentals so she has not yet been forced into advancing her meta which has started out so strongly.
Oh I wasn't trying to argue that we need jablocks, just that people love them (i do too) and trying to find that one jablock setup can be exciting.

Wanted to add that besides DFS, we can also punish missed techs with DL > kick in situations where most characters would only get a dash attack punish. Either way, it's good damage.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Oh I wasn't trying to argue that we need jablocks, just that people love them (i do too) and trying to find that one jablock setup can be exciting.

Wanted to add that besides DFS, we can also punish missed techs with DL > kick in situations where most characters would only get a dash attack punish. Either way, it's good damage.
DL>kick in general being a replacement for most of the cast using dash attack is completely ridiculous.

I'm not complaining, it's a core part of her gameplay, but good lord is it a lot of damage to do where the rest of the cast usually only get 6-10 damage. Literally double the damage output as a punish than the rest of the cast have in those situations actually except for characters with guaranteed followups after their dashattack which isn't many. Just Fox I think actually?

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
with guaranteed followups after their dashattack which isn't many. Just Fox I think actually?
Fox, Falco, Meta Knight (omg MK's follow-ups...), Falcon at low % I think, Little Mac on fast fallers (He can do DA -> DA), and maybe Greninja. That's it.
Also Bayonetta when you do the dash attack with B instead of A :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Samus, Diddy, Pac-Man (with a bell), Wario, Ganondorf (late hit high percent, early hit early percent may or may not have anything guaranteed), and Lucario (low%, low-mid aura) too.

We have consistency/ease of use over them but I don't think it's anything to feel too guilty about lol

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Do we know which characters get hit by U-tilt while grounded (and also which characters get hit by the back side while grounded) or is that something that has to be labbed out?

Also any characters that are so short that they can't be hit by D-smash?

Nah

Smash Champion
Do we know which characters get hit by U-tilt while grounded (and also which characters get hit by the back side while grounded) or is that something that has to be labbed out?

Also any characters that are so short that they can't be hit by D-smash?
It would need confirmation but the taller characters on the roster like :4falcon::rosalina::4dedede: etc would probably get hit by Utilt while on the ground. The only characters I could see possibly avoiding Dsmash would be the ******* with super low crouches like :4kirby: or something.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
So just tested U-tilt hit boxes.

Disclaimer: These tests were not done perfectly and well-spaced does not mean perfect spacing. I can't tell where the hit box ends. I did not test crouches.

So every single character is hit by front of U-tilt close up. I'm sure of that.

Well spaced front U-tilt hits Palutena and taller characters.

Back part of U-tilt hits Sonic and taller. I was able to sometimes get it on Mac, sometimes not (I don't think idle animations are to blame unless his hurt box gets extended on like frame 1 of it.)

Nobody gets hit by back part of U-tilt when spaced. I am sure of this. I was able to get some phantom hits on Rosalina though. I blame idle poses for this.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Well double post but don't hate me mods this is the next day and the thread moves slowly.

I'm testing ways to initiate the infinite grab glitch on ZSS. So far I've only done this with Smashville. What I'm using to find the proper distance to initiate this glitch is the lines on the stage.

So Smashville has different strips of color near the ledge. There's a big yellow strip, then a blue strip, then a small yellow strip.
When ZSS does a standard ledge getup, her front foot goes on the blue strip. Coincidently, this is the perfect distance from the ledge to set up the glitch. As Corrin, if you put your front foot on the small yellow strip (with no overlap into other strips) you'll be at the perfect distance for the glitch if you use a standing grab.

What I'm thinking is standing at this distance and wait for ZSS to choose a getup option. If she chooses standard getup, get the grab and there's a free win with a timeout if there aren't any stalling rules in place.

I couldn't test if this glitch would work if ZSS shields after the getup or if it'll work if Corin is the one shielding. Can anybody test this?

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
Not sure if posted here before but:

Corrins up-air goes through any part of the stage on smashville(omega) and mii verse, omega and normal.

Which means if someone is in the middle of the stage, you technically can up-air them while under the stage to kill them (you will most likely die in the process tho)

I tested this on T&C, smashville, mii verse, lylat, and couldnt get it to work on T&C and lylat.

Also, when going deeper (to the middle of the stage) use b-air to push yourself further.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
The Keef Crew posted a pretty good video on potential combos for Corrin:
Thoughts on it?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
DFS > Bite is probably the single most rewarding combo ender at those percents, and the fact it confirms from nair and fair (with unsafe-ish spacing, granted) makes it that much better. It also doubles as an airdodge punish, and the projectile charge not stalling in the air conveniently helps us follow the airdodging player. It's not like it's hard to force an airdodge either with the threat of our great aerials. Would love to see this in action more, and definitely something I need to add to my game.

Also those footstool combos are sick

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Hey guys, name's Timmy, I'm somewhat of a Corrin secondary (black haired one is my Waifu although I actually have yet to play a FE game lol), she's SUPER fun and landing those F-Smashes and DLs are so satisfying. <3

A few questions tho:

1 - Kurogane Hammer puts her recovery stat pretty high, but I'm not sure how (or if anyone else agrees)? Up-B is a decent recovery at best IMO. I do know Bair somewhat pushes her in the direction she's facing though.

2 - Speaking of Up-B, does anyone else find use of it OoS? I think it's ok for punishing overextensions and we have invincibility on it (albeit not right away) and the knockback is kinda surprising lol. If not, what would be a better OoS? Nair?

3 - What are her best throws to use at lower percents when you get a grab?

Much appreciated for the advice~

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
1 - Kurogane Hammer puts her recovery stat pretty high, but I'm not sure how (or if anyone else agrees)? Up-B is a decent recovery at best IMO. I do know Bair somewhat pushes her in the direction she's facing though.
Horizontally yes vertically no (Think Roy's blazer) but in cases where your hit upwards bair can help you, just don't use it to early if your near the blast line or else you'll kill yourself.

2 - Speaking of Up-B, does anyone else find use of it OoS? I think it's ok for punishing overextensions and we have invincibility on it (albeit not right away) and the knockback is kinda surprising lol. If not, what would be a better OoS? Nair?
Never really thought of that as a option, I find IP (side b) a better choice sometimes.

3 - What are her best throws to use at lower percents when you get a grab?
Forward for damage, back near the edge for stage control and down EARLY for damage so avoid using it too much so it can refresh later for kills with rage.

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Forward for damage, back near the edge for stage control and down EARLY for damage so avoid using it too much so it can refresh later for kills with rage.
Uthrow is better in all of those situations barring when you want to throw someone off stage for edgeguards.

You regularly get juggle followups off of it, you can never follow up against dthrow with DI away and forward throw is a bit of a waste of a potential string.

Dthrow also doesn't kill as early as uthrow, but not by much. But if you've never used Dthrow in favour of Uthrow's better utility then you've kept it nice and fresh.

Saving uthrow for a 6-10% earlier kill is foolish based on uthrow only needing one nair/fair/uair to make it worthwhile using instead of dthrow.

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Uthrow is better in all of those situations barring when you want to throw someone off stage for edgeguards.

You regularly get juggle followups off of it, you can never follow up against dthrow with DI away and forward throw is a bit of a waste of a potential string.

Dthrow also doesn't kill as early as uthrow, but not by much. But if you've never used Dthrow in favour of Uthrow's better utility then you've kept it nice and fresh.

Saving uthrow for a 6-10% earlier kill is foolish based on uthrow only needing one nair/fair/uair to make it worthwhile using insted of dthrow.
Wow, I've never thought of Uthrow as a juggle starter since i've always saw it as a kill throw along with Dthrow and the fact i've never seen a video of a Corrin doing this but thank you for the tip, I'll definitely be labbing and incorporating this in matches from now on :dr^_^:

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
I actually find Bair to not be that useful. Opponents can expect it and then wait you where you will be after the push to hit you and you probably die.

Also, is it true that Dthrow is better with rage than Uthrow? It's the only thing I'm not sure what to use.

Also interesting thing about Uthrow to use it as a juggle starter. Will try to test that from now on, and considering it's early, it wouldn't matter when its time to use to to kill as it will probably be fresh.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also, is it true that Dthrow is better with rage than Uthrow? It's the only thing I'm not sure what to use.
Without DI vs Sheik on FD, max/min rage

Uthrow 110%/138%
Dthrow 100%/142%

The problem with dthrow is, 70° is a much worse angle than 85°. Pretty sure even with max rage properly DI'd dthrow is going to kill at the same percent as uthrow at best, unless you grab them at the ledge and they end up killing themselves off the side instead (I have no idea what percent this requires).

But yes, the higher base knockback makes dthrow scale much better with rage or positioning (i.e. Dream Land top platform)

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Without DI vs Sheik on FD, max/min rage

Uthrow 110%/138%
Dthrow 100%/142%

The problem with dthrow is, 70° is a much worse angle than 85°. Pretty sure even with max rage properly DI'd dthrow is going to kill at the same percent as uthrow at best, unless you grab them at the ledge and they end up killing themselves off the side instead (I have no idea what percent this requires).

But yes, the higher base knockback makes dthrow scale much better with rage or positioning (i.e. Dream Land top platform)
I see. Thanks for the info.

I guess I will go with the Uthrow, unless in the top platforms of BF/DL/T&C. I mostly been using Dthrow to make a potential Uair follow up.

I actually have tried that at the ledge, but they never die even if they DI towards the blastzone, so I'm sure Uthrow would be the better option.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Corrin's recovery is more on the mediocre side. The horizontal distance can be long, but vertical distance is somewhat lacking if Corrin doesn't have his mid-air jump.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Corrin's recovery is more on the mediocre side. The horizontal distance can be long, but vertical distance is somewhat lacking if Corrin doesn't have his mid-air jump.
Although we do have the situational DLP at the wall into an extra jump. However if that's not the case, quite lacking yeah. Also, Up b invincible frames don't start right away.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Speaking of Up-B, does anyone else find use of it OoS?
It's frame 18. Don't use it OoS. Ever.

forward throw is a bit of a waste of a potential string.
I disagree. I use Corrin's F-throw the way I use Marth's. It's good if you dash forward a little bit then full hop. It puts you right in their face in a mixup situation. With some spacing you could even create platform traps.

I actually find Bair to not be that useful. Opponents can expect it and then wait you where you will be after the push to hit you and you probably die.
Then don't use it in their face or when they're chasing you offstage. It's meant to be used when you're a good distance away from the stage and the opponent is just waiting at the ledge.

Speaking of Corrin's recovery, I actually find it good. Sure it's in the bottom half of this game's recoveries, but that's not saying much. With proper Bair usage, smart up-b angling to get a glide, Up-b invincibility, Corrin's giant arms grabbing ledges from 9 feet away, and the occasional DL wall jump, you can make it back to the stage from a pretty far distance. Just don't be spiked on stages without walls.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Then don't use it in their face or when they're chasing you offstage. It's meant to be used when you're a good distance away from the stage and the opponent is just waiting at the ledge.

Speaking of Corrin's recovery, I actually find it good. Sure it's in the bottom half of this game's recoveries, but that's not saying much. With proper Bair usage, smart up-b angling to get a glide, Up-b invincibility, Corrin's giant arms grabbing ledges from 9 feet away, and the occasional DL wall jump, you can make it back to the stage from a pretty far distance. Just don't be spiked on stages without walls.
Of course, however I feel people are giving it more credit than deserved.

And besides, if that's the case, then the only time to use Corrin's "Amazing" recovery is when no one is near you, because if you 'glide' you leave yourself open for a spike or any other attack. Which is my problem, the nice recovery it has is only useful when no one is around, which is not the case most of the time.

However, I think its fine if you keep the double jump, as you will surely make it back on stage.

Also, checked the Kurogamer page.
Is corrin is really that easy to use? I'm pretty sure there might be some difficulty on the long run, but it's hard to tell, since the character is relative new.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Also, checked the Kurogamer page.
Is corrin is really that easy to use? I'm pretty sure there might be some difficulty on the long run, but it's hard to tell, since the character is relative new.
Those ratings aren't meant to be a serious and objective assessment of the character's abilities, they're there to give newer players an idea of what all those statistics and frame data roughly translate into. Besides, the last time a character board got mad at Aerodrome for a difficulty rating they didn't agree with...well, just check Samus' page, lol.

Granted, Corrin IS relatively easy to use. We ain't no Pacman or Ryu, anyone with basic smash knowledge can pick her up and use her without having to worry about special inputs or a tricky moveset. Getting good is a different story, obviously.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So I've been wanting to incorporate pivot fsmashes into my repertoire, with all the interesting things Corrin can do with them. Problem is...I can't get a feel for the timing. Something tells me it's because I've never had it explained to me.

So in order to fix that: What is the exact timing for performing a pivot smash?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So I've been wanting to incorporate pivot fsmashes into my repertoire, with all the interesting things Corrin can do with them. Problem is...I can't get a feel for the timing. Something tells me it's because I've never had it explained to me.

So in order to fix that: What is the exact timing for performing a pivot smash?
There isn't really a timing to it; you just input an fsmash during the pivot animation.

If you're like me, I'm guessing the difference in timing from going "left to right+A" as opposed to "neutral to right+A" is throwing you off and resulting in accidental dash attacks or pivot ftilts. There's a few things that can make it easier:
  1. Let the stick return to neutral briefly, then quickly fsmash in the opposite direction. Be careful not to wait too long or you'll skid instead of pivot (slower)
  2. Pivot, let the stick return to neutral, then fsmash. Slower, but easy to input.
  3. C-stick it, if you aren't opposed to Smash stick.

Top Bottom