• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Gameplay Q&A and General Discussion Thread

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
2 interesting things:
1.if you grab the ledge while the opponent is grabbing it and you bair while they are releasing it, you land on stage! this might be very useful for positioning and punishing in the future!
2. just countered the fair of a 51% ganondorf while i was at 103% and he dies...not even close. he just went straight up. counter is very strong.

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Can someone post a GIF of side b sticking to stage wall? I can't get him till tonight ;_;
Also what is his counter multiplier?

D

Deleted member

The user account as been deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
i love how corrin is a good footstooler due to the trajectory fair sends the opponents aaaaaaaand i love the fact that falling nair into fair into fair/uair is a true combo at certain percents. just feels so good

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
I found a setup at the ledge which seems deadly and is worth looking into, but I doubt Corrin players will get it often. If you get a grab on the ledge, pummel, into an air release, on some characters you can tipper side-B for the kill from as early as ~65% from the release. I get this number from testing on Sheik (which it works on :bee:) and estimating the real kill % by taking into account proper DI (in training it killed at 61%).

Things I don't know: if it's a true combo, the exact kill %s, and who it works on; in any case, even if they can airdodge, airdodging when they are a decent distance away from the stage and below ledge level is a bad idea for many characters.

It's worth noting that I tested on 3DS, Final Destination. I'm not sure if side blastzones are bigger for 3DS (as ceilings are), but if that's the case then it kills even earlier on Wii U.

BestTeaMaker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BestTeaMaker
3DS FC
0345-0407-6977
There's something beautiful about ending a set with a charging F-smash. The fact that there's a hitbox while the damn thing is charging means that Corrin can punish rolls and high recoveries.

Another beautiful thing is getting a dair off the ledge. Because of the multi-hit potential of dair, it just dunks opponents, even those with near-infinite recoveries like Villager, ROB, and Olimar.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Greninja main here, but definitely looking into getting into Corrin. I was lurking when I saw someone posting about the instant impale stuff, so I messed around with it and discovered that neutral B combos right into that extremely well, and it kills even earlier than Uair does. This was probably discovered already, but thought I may as well bring it up just in case.

Couple of matches from Japanese FG demonstrating this (apologies for the neutral B spam; this Bayo wasn't really great, and I was focused on trying to demonstrate this more than anything):

Not sure if Corrin fits me as well as I thought he would at first, but I'm willing to give him a few more weeks chance to see if I can't get more comfortable with him.

Edit: alternatively, if you space really well, you can simply get the strong hit of Side-B with instant impale, which kills even earlier.

Last edited:

Deemo

Smash Rookie
Up smash is looking like a decent Oos option at killing percent since it comes out so quickly. Really liking it so far

Richitt

Smash Rookie
The range on the f-smash is deceptively huge. Probably mentioned already, but down throw seems to be a decent kill throw at medium high percents (140?). Too bad none of the throws seem to be combo throws, but i'm still loving her.

Naragacu

Smash Rookie
Hmmm.. Can someone test out if you can grab pinned Corrin? Someone on FG just tried to with no success, even though it looked like it should have worked. I have nobody here I can test it with, unfortunately.

Also, if you use the multihit jab right at the edge towards the stage, it appears to push you over the edge.

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
There are already "CORRIN IS OP PLS NERF" thread on gamefaqs lol

Mileo279

Smash Cadet
Don't need combo of throw can comboof dtilt

dtilt to uair is a kill confirm maybe can any check that for me

GusTurbo

Smash Cadet
NNID
GusTurbo
Has anyone else tried dash dancing with Corrin? I didn't play much last night, but it seemed really easy to me.

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
I found a setup at the ledge which seems deadly and is worth looking into, but I doubt Corrin players will get it often. If you get a grab on the ledge, pummel, into an air release, on some characters you can tipper side-B for the kill from as early as ~65% from the release. I get this number from testing on Sheik (which it works on :bee:) and estimating the real kill % by taking into account proper DI (in training it killed at 61%).

Things I don't know: if it's a true combo, the exact kill %s, and who it works on; in any case, even if they can airdodge, airdodging when they are a decent distance away from the stage and below ledge level is a bad idea for many characters.

It's worth noting that I tested on 3DS, Final Destination. I'm not sure if side blastzones are bigger for 3DS (as ceilings are), but if that's the case then it kills even earlier on Wii U.
A bit of a noob question, but is it just side b and fsmash that have a tipper element?

FMHappy

Smash Cadet
What are good out of shield options for Corrin? Also how do you autocancel his aerials, most notably his nair and fair?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
On stages like battlefield a short hop side-special at the peak of the jump beneath a platform WILL the floor of the platform, moving him above. Just something to remember.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Unless you want it to "Drag-On".

Pretty late on this thread but if you guys would still like to use it, voilá!

Linkdude74

Smash Cadet
Hmmm.. Can someone test out if you can grab pinned Corrin? Someone on FG just tried to with no success, even though it looked like it should have worked. I have nobody here I can test it with, unfortunately.

Also, if you use the multihit jab right at the edge towards the stage, it appears to push you over the edge.
Grabbing pinned corrin is a bit odd. There were times when testing Bayonetta and Corrin with a friend where I was able to grab corrin and times were I wasn't.

Zachslash

Smash Rookie
NNID
TerminanKnight
One thing I've found is you can recover when dragging opponents down offstage with dair, but only on walled stages. If you use your midair jump as soon as possible after the Dair and DL into the stage wall then jump and Up B you can recover. I haven't gotten it consistently yet but it seems decent enough

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
A bit of a noob question, but is it just side b and fsmash that have a tipper element?
Nope, Dsmash and Fsmash as well.

Has anyone else tried dash dancing with Corrin? I didn't play much last night, but it seemed really easy to me.
Doesn't really go well, but then I'm used to Cloud's dashdance so everyone else's is ok.

Corrin is really good, and has no problems killing.I now main Cloud and Corrin.
My verdict is delivered.Hereby Corrin is part of the Smash Brotherhood.

Now, the only thing is, I can't get the timing of instant ground pin.Someone help me out?

Last edited:

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
Up smash is looking like a decent Oos option at killing percent since it comes out so quickly. Really liking it so far
Do you know about when upsmash kills? I know it depends per character, but can you give me a rough percentage?
So dsmash, fsmash, and sideb all have tippers? Not usmash?

Last edited:

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman

Doesn't really go well, but then I'm used to Cloud's dashdance so everyone else's is ok.

Corrin is really good, and has no problems killing.I now main Cloud and Corrin.
My verdict is delivered.Hereby Corrin is part of the Smash Brotherhood.

Now, the only thing is, I can't get the timing of instant ground pin.Someone help me out?
If the instant ground pin is giving you issues, try rolling your thumb over to the A button right as you side-B. Made it real easy for me

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Do you know about when upsmash kills? I know it depends per character, but can you give me a rough percentage?

So dsmash, fsmash, and sideb all have tippers? Not usmash?
Oops.Yeah Usmash as well.
Loook at the smashes.A sweetspot has a flash effect and all three have it.For Dsmash it's only at her leg.

OH GOD THE BLACK AND GOLD COLOR SCHEME IS BEAUTIFUL EVERYONE JUST BACK OFF

Also how much does charging fsmash and hit damage shields?

Last edited:

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Some tips I've learned from messing around.
1. SH Airdodge -> SideB pin is great for manuevering/evasion
2. SH Fair -> SideB Pin is possible. It punishes shield grabbers pretty well
3. SideB Pinning is great & much easier on stages with platforms. Abuse this.
4. You can insta-pin with SideB immediately after you use it on any platform. Just SideB + B within 2-3 frames. This is even easier if you dash & use side B + B the other way. Sort of like an instant pivot.
5. Counter will kill HELLA early if the opponent tries following you in the air with UAir strings (ala Rosalina UpA / Fox UAir / ZSS Uair ) or something & you counter it.
6. (unconfirmed) I THINK a fully charged Neutral B ball and/or chomp will hit opponents on the edge. Unconfirmed though.

Last edited:

Aki

Smash Cadet
NNID
Im_Aki
3DS FC
1306-5844-3434
How do you deal with their terrible recovery? In order get more height, you have to hold the stick slightly to the other direction after inputting up b (exactly like when you want to throw an egg straight upwards with Yoshi's Egg Toss) but I can't do it consistently. Their recovery is so bad that all my hype is gone. I know you can use bair to get some extra horizontal movement but you are throwing a hitbox in the opposite direction of your opponent and that's literally asking to get gimped.

pokemonspecial

Smash Rookie
Some tips I've learned from messing around.
4. You can insta-pin with SideB immediately after you use it on any platform. Just SideB + B within 2-3 frames. This is even easier if you dash & use side B + B the other way. Sort of like an instant pivot.
Easier to quickly input side b + A instead of side b + B since you can just roll your finger from B to A quickly

Zubatman27

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zubatcontrol
Corrin's side B can snap ledge with two ways. 1. Side special and hold back when off-stage 2. Ledge cancel side B, hold back and then it will grab ledge.

Last edited:

Icedmana

Smash Rookie
How do you deal with their terrible recovery? In order get more height, you have to hold the stick slightly to the other direction after inputting up b (exactly like when you want to throw an egg straight upwards with Yoshi's Egg Toss) but I can't do it consistently.
After inputting Up B, roll the stick to the side facing away from you. So if you're facing right and input Up+B, go Up, Up/Back, Back or 8, 7, 4. If you do it too quickly you'll reverse it though, so practice. If you don't have to roll it, just makes it easier to get a feel for the timing. You can do it at a relaxed speed, the move has some decent start up to it

Last edited:

Aki

Smash Cadet
NNID
Im_Aki
3DS FC
1306-5844-3434
After inputting Up B, roll the stick to the side facing away from you. So if you're facing right and input Up+B, go Up, Up/Back, Back or 8, 7, 4. If you do it too quickly you'll reverse it though, so practice. If you don't have to roll it, just makes it easier to get a feel for the timing. You can do it at a relaxed speed, the move has some decent start up to it
Thanks for the advice but rolling the stick doesn't really change anything. I guess all I can do is practise.
The range itself isn't even the worst part but you get stuck under stages incredibly easy if you don't angle it perfectly. Or you lose a lot of range because you hit a wall.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Is there some kind of super armor/invincibility on her up B? I think I've beaten moves with it, but it's hard to tell with all the flashy water stuff going on.

Cooly23

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-5547-7609
What are all of :4corrin:'s options with Side-b when it pins?
and what buttons do i press to activate each on?

Icedmana

Smash Rookie
What are all of :4corrin:'s options with Side-b when it pins?
and what buttons do i press to activate each on?
Up on stick or jump button is jump
Left/Right on stick is kick in that direction
Attack (A/B/Grab/etc.) is kick in the direction you're facing

JediSange

Smash Apprentice
Last night I felt like I was able to do Jab -> Jab -> Dtilt. I didn't have a lot of time as I have a 9-5 deal. But I wanted to see if anyone else has been able to do this or has thoughts on it.

Cooly23

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-5547-7609
Up on stick or jump button is jump
Left/Right on stick is kick in that direction
Attack (A/B/Grab/etc.) is kick in the direction you're facing
I swear there was a cancel option...
Do you know that too?

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely love Corrin's nair. I don't know the frame data of it, but it really looks like it covers all around him/her and it stays out forever! Also, very little landing lag on dair. Something I'm not used to.

I wasn't sure I'd like the color options, but the female black and gold costume is a go to for me. The dragon pose you get when you win looks awesome. (Even though the character does look like Fire Emblem and Pokemon had a baby)

Top Bottom