• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Discussion

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Nintendo Puzzle Collection was the master piece for the Gamecube and the US didn't get part of it's glory because Japan is too lazy to do so, and the US Nintendo is scared of great title puzzle games. Nitnendo Puzzle Collection for the Gamecube had Dr. Mario, (if you played Dr. Mario 64 it's the same game), Panel De Pon, (the most played and best puzzle game in there, if you played Tetris Attack, or Puzzle Leauge, then you know the rules, the diffrence is that this game has is the characters are fairy girls), and Yoshi's Cookies, (this game has classic rules, and the new vs player rule to make this game last much longer). Yea, Nitnendo Puzzle Collection is the master peice of the Gamecube. =D

jumpman9793

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo Puzzle Collection was the master piece for the Gamecube and the US didn't get part of it's glory because Japan is too lazy to do so, and the US Nintendo is scared of great title puzzle games. Nitnendo Puzzle Collection for the Gamecube had Dr. Mario, (if you played Dr. Mario 64 it's the same game), Panel De Pon, (the most played and best puzzle game in there, if you played Tetris Attack, or Puzzle Leauge, then you know the rules, the diffrence is that this game has is the characters are fairy girls), and Yoshi's Cookies, (this game has classic rules, and the new vs player rule to make this game last much longer). Yea, Nitnendo Puzzle Collection is the master peice of the Gamecube. =D
YOU HAD NINTENDO PUZZLE COLLECTION?!? Your so lucky. I want it so bad but I never see it on ebay. I love Dr. Mario and the Puzzle League games and I envied Japan when they got Puzzle Collection. I hope Nintendo ports Panel de Pon to the Virtual console so I can play it :p

KROE

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, topics, even non related to smash! =3 Gamecube was an awesome console, I still find myself playing "Tales of Symphonia. n_n! And Hello everybody!

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
YOU HAD NINTENDO PUZZLE COLLECTION?!? Your so lucky. I want it so bad but I never see it on ebay. I love Dr. Mario and the Puzzle League games and I envied Japan when they got Puzzle Collection. I hope Nintendo ports Panel de Pon to the Virtual console so I can play it :p
Unfortunately, they probably won't port it. Nintendo isn't very smart these days. If Nintendo was smart, they would actually put Smash 64, Earthbound, and Panel de Pon on virtual console instead of denying themselves millions of dollars.

jumpman9793

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, they probably won't port it. Nintendo isn't very smart these days. If Nintendo was smart, they would actually put Smash 64, Earthbound, and Panel de Pon on virtual console instead of denying themselves millions of dollars.
While I agree that Panel de Pon and Smash 64 should be on VC (Smash 64 is already out in Europe and Japan though so it should be in America soon) I dont think they can put Earthbound on VC due to licensing issues. although, due to the games below average sales, I doubt Nintendo will want to invest time and money into a game they fear wont sell.

Though I think that the high demand for an official Mother 3 translation should've been enough to convince Nintendo to at least get Mother on VC, but it doesnt seem to be in the works. Also, Nintendo doesnt seem to realize that Earthbound is in high demand on ebay (my copy cost 60 bucks! :p) and due to the outrageous prices for a boxed version they should realize that if they were to clear any license issues with Earthbound the game could become the best selling VC game.

(Im getting a litle sidetracked, this is a GC disscussion after all :p)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I didn't enjoy the GCN as much as the PS2 or any of my older consoles for that matter, but I had some good times with it.
I enjoyed Mobile Suit Gundam: The Ace Pilot. It's my only GCN import at the moment. I've been planning on importin Nintendo Puzzle Collection as well, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

UberMario

Smash Master
I wonder how many people know there are 3 startup tunes on the Gamecube . . .

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
There's...

The Main One
The Monkey One
The Kids Laughing ( I think )

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Strangely, the only games I play for GC right now would be Paper Mario TTYD, Nintendo Puzzle Collection, Kirby Air Ride, and Mario Power Tennis. I play other games still, but those are the top games I play for GC still.

Alzi

Smash Master
Wow i honestly never knew about these diffrentn start ups from the gamecube. I'm going to try it tommorow just for the fun of hearing them lol.

jumpman9793

Smash Apprentice
Strangely, the only games I play for GC right now would be Paper Mario TTYD, Nintendo Puzzle Collection, Kirby Air Ride, and Mario Power Tennis. I play other games still, but those are the top games I play for GC still.
I love TTYD. I spent weeks trying to complete the pit of 100 Trials, so when I got to Bonetail, my Mario was at such a high level I easily destroyed him :).

I thought the Pit of 100 Trials was a really cool idea, and I was happy it came back in Super Paper, but it was way easier. I was glad though that it had 2 pits, plus the sammer guy challenge though.

UberMario

Smash Master
Isn't that a Japanese-only game? How did you play it?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I love TTYD. I spent weeks trying to complete the pit of 100 Trials, so when I got to Bonetail, my Mario was at such a high level I easily destroyed him :).

I thought the Pit of 100 Trials was a really cool idea, and I was happy it came back in Super Paper, but it was way easier. I was glad though that it had 2 pits, plus the sammer guy challenge though.
Ah, Pit of 100 Trials, that brings me back when I first tried it after I beat the first chapter, as soon as I got to level 40, two hit's killed me. XD

Since Super Paper Mario is an Action RPG, it's easier to dodge the attacks, or look for the key and move on. Sammer Guy Challenge took me a while to beat because they don't give you recovery or items when you beat them. T_T

Isn't that a Japanese-only game? How did you play it?
Oh that's easy, if you have an Action Replay that is. Action Replay can play games in other regions. Of course you can use HBC Geko OS to play games from other regions that are GC titles as well.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just finished a second run through TTYD and I'm working on completion right now.

I kind of want to train more before I try to tackle the Pit of 100 Trials again...I've tackled it a few times -- never died, but quit when I thought I would probably die if I did go on. My most recent try got up to level 90 and I didn't want to lose all of the experience and coins (I went from 90 - max) I had gained, and I was 99% positive I was going to die -- if not from floors 91 - 99, on Bonetail.

Of course, it's basically impossible to train at level 30 except with higher levels of the Pit of 100 Trials...but does anyone have any suggestions? I think the best non-Pit enemy I've found is Rawk Hawk, and he only gives me 2 Star Points per battle...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You can try to find some Amazy Dayzee in Twilight Trail since they have the most EXP to give you. At level 30, they should give you at least 20 star points, and they will be easier to kill with Super Nova + a move that does 5 dmg or more.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You can try to find some Amazy Dayzee in Twilight Trail since they have the most EXP to give you. At level 30, they should give you at least 20 star points, and they will be easier to kill with Super Nova + a move that does 5 dmg or more.
Okay, thanks, I'll give that a shot.

EDIT: Holy CRAP, just one Amazy Dazee gave me 38 Star Points. Yes please...

Thanks again.

UberMario

Smash Master
Also, Firust, make sure to have dizzy spin on to get an extra turn.

(I've been able to take out 2 or more Amazy Dayzees in the same battle by spinning into them before battle.)

KillaLotus

Smash Cadet
I always love Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and I kinda got obsessed with raising chao

remember...Live & Learn

jumpman9793

Smash Apprentice
I always love Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and I kinda got obsessed with raising chao

remember...Live & Learn
Sonic Adventure 2 was the only Sonic game I ever liked. I would spend hours raising chao, and I struggled for years to finally get a chaos chao. I wish Nintendo would add a chao-like feature to their games.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I haven't heard of that game for quite a while now. Best 20 bucks I ever spent. Anyone remember Chibi-Robo?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Sonic Adventure 2 was the only Sonic game I ever liked. I would spend hours raising chao, and I struggled for years to finally get a chaos chao. I wish Nintendo Sega would add a chao-like feature to their games.
A little fix for truth.

Besides Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure? =P

Anyways, I'll agree that they should add raising your own chao back, that was awesome. I also wish that Sega would make Puyo Puyo for the US again, they had Puyo Pop Fever for the US and it had great reviews, what's stopping them? )=

UberMario

Smash Master
Sonic Adventure 2 was the only Sonic game I ever liked. I would spend hours raising chao, and I struggled for years to finally get a chaos chao. I wish Nintendo would add a chao-like feature to their games.
You didn't like the originals? 0_o

I thought everyone liked Sonic 3 & Knuckles . . .

jumpman9793

Smash Apprentice
You didn't like the originals? 0_o

I thought everyone liked Sonic 3 & Knuckles . . .
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was pretty fun, but I prefer classic Mario platformers over the sonic ones. I think Sonic Adventure 2 had some fun levels, and I think the multiplayer was actually really fun. The chao feature was the best by far though, and I think that puts it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of other sonic games.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was pretty fun, but I prefer classic Mario platformers over the sonic ones. I think Sonic Adventure 2 had some fun levels, and I think the multiplayer was actually really fun. The chao feature was the best by far though, and I think that puts it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of other sonic games.
A little fix for truth.

Besides Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure? =P

Anyways, I'll agree that they should add raising your own chao back, that was awesome. I also wish that Sega would make Puyo Puyo for the US again, they had Puyo Pop Fever for the US and it had great reviews, what's stopping them? )=
I know Sega invented the chao thing, but I meant it would be cool if Nintendo adopted a similar idea, not ripping it off or anything, but some form of raising creatures in a sandbox area.

Wow...I messed up with the quotes. If this needs to be merged I apologize. idk how to multiquote, I just ended up quoting myself and Viper :p

UberMario

Smash Master

Yeah, I loved the Chao-raising too.

jumpman9793

Smash Apprentice
wow the way i wrote my comments seemed so juvenile...i loved this thread though, it was lots of fun ^_^

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
What about Metal Gear Twin Snakes ??? I only had 2 games for mi cube : Metal gear and Melee, and i play boths at the same rate (

jumpman9793

Smash Apprentice
What about Metal Gear Twin Snakes ??? I only had 2 games for mi cube : Metal gear and Melee, and i play boths at the same rate (
You gotta get more games! this system has so much to offer, and you can get some of the best titles for under $15!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Some of my fav games for the Gamecube were, Warioware, Eternal Darkness, Melee, Sonic Adventure 2, Res 4, Mario Sunshine, Soul Calibur 2, to name a few.

One of my fondest memories was setting a record of over 200 skips in that warioware jump rope game

with 4 controllers

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Came into this topic, did not find Skies of Arcadia.

Though, I suppose that can be excused due to it also being on the Dreamcast.

Glad to see love for PSO 1/2 though. :D

Top Bottom