• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Discussion

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
I was playing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle yesterday and ended up finding something interesting about the BACK ring in Knuckles/Rouges stages.

Normally when you get hit during the 100 ring missions, the BACK ring would appear right where you began. However, if you go near the lost chao area at least once, if you get hit, the BACK ring will also appear where you would normally find the chao. The strange thing is, half of the BACK ring is underneath the floor.

The things you find when you fool around...

LLDL

Smash Hero
I wish Nintendo would have actually came out with a next gen console. Despite what people say, Wii is on Par with Gamecube graphically if not just slightly more visually advanced. As a system, Wii would have fit in the Xbox PS2 era. That's why I am not impressed with the Wii, and stick to my Gamecube.

jumpman9793

Smash Apprentice
I wish Nintendo would have actually came out with a next gen console. Despite what people say, Wii is on Par with Gamecube graphically if not just slightly more visually advanced. As a system, Wii would have fit in the Xbox PS2 era. That's why I am not impressed with the Wii, and stick to my Gamecube.
But wii has far greater online capabilities, and theres the obvious addition of motion controls.

but even if youre not impressed with the hardware, software like Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Smash Brawl should be enough to prove the Wii's awesomeness :bee:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
But wii has far greater online capabilities, and theres the obvious addition of motion controls.

but even if youre not impressed with the hardware, software like Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Smash Brawl should be enough to prove the Wii's awesomeness :bee:
That's not saying much since the GCN only had a few (4 official) games online.

I still think the Gamecube had a better selection of games than the Wii but of course, that's open to debate.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
gamecube was the ****, so many memories
the great majority of my time on the wii is virtual console/gamecube
also wii's online/graphics are trash compared to 360

kupo15

Smash Hero

That's odd how you put "awesomeness" and "brawl" in the same sentence. Yea the wii could be amazing if you've never played the prequels to the games you mentioned I guess.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
"Rolling around at the speed of sound, got places to go, gotta follow my rainbow."

lol memories. Good times getting ganged up by computers and rigged board games in Mario party 4, humming the BG music while exploring Phendrana Drifts in Metroid Prime, destroying that clone Viewtiful Joe Boss in my first try while my other friends spent all day trying to do the same, that **** flying Sand bird thing in Mario Sunshine and so on.

I really had a good time with my cube back in the day. I probably played it just as much as I did with my PS2. I definitely played it more than my XBOX. I didn't really care about all that DVD nonsense at the time. I was only 10-11 at the time, and all it mattered was the games. Without melee though, I probably would have already sold my cube by now and stopped playing Nintendo games all together.

Top Bottom