• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Over - Return of Ganon! Support Thread of the classic Demon King! - (OP stepping down, thread open for take over)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Found this sick model online.
Also got accepted into grad school, so the model I'm working on is gonna be put on hold.
https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/asset...a9-acc1-4feb-b18e-92008de5c222.jpg?1565582057
If Ganon appears like that in a mainline Zelda game again, that would be more than dope! However I think we're getting Ganondorf again , since it's been long since he's been used in a new game that's not a remake. Also BotW2 heavily seems to imply a Ganondorf appearance.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Ganon appears like that in a mainline Zelda game again, that would be more than dope! However I think we're getting Ganondorf again , since it's been long since he's been used in a new game that's not a remake. Also BotW2 heavily seems to imply a Ganondorf appearance.
Honestly, the best way to bring back Mage/Pig Ganon would be to still keep Ganondorf but have him transform into the Mage Ganon with the trident a la Zelda 1/A Link to The Past/Link's Awakening/Ages/Seasons/Four Swords Adventures/A Link Between Worlds instead of the Pig monster that doesn't really have any control of himself a la Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess/Breath of The Wild.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, the best way to bring back Mage/Pig Ganon would be to still keep Ganondorf but have him transform into the Mage Ganon with the trident a la Zelda 1/A Link to The Past/Link's Awakening/Ages/Seasons/Four Swords Adventures/A Link Between Worlds instead of the Pig monster that doesn't really have any control of himself a la Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess/Breath of The Wild.
Link already has three incarnations as separate characters so I think the BOTW2 Ganondorf with a more traditional Ganondorf moveset might be something to keep in mind for Fighter Pass 2.

Depending on what happens with BOTW2 of course.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
But remember that classic/mage/pig Ganon has never appeared in Smash in any way, shape, or form. Not even as a trophy, sticker, or spirit. It's like Sakurai hates the character (cliche as that sounds).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
But remember that classic/mage/pig Ganon has never appeared in Smash in any way, shape, or form. Not even as a trophy, sticker, or spirit. It's like Sakurai hates the character (cliche as that sounds).
or he treats modern and classic ganon as the same character like the rest of nintendo

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I mean, there's spirits of Beast Ganon from Twilight Princess and Calamity Ganon, so that excuse doesn't fly.
Yeah this is why I find the lack of a classic Ganon spirit egregious. A long time ago, the "blue pig demon wielding a trident" was THE Zelda villain.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, there's spirits of Beast Ganon from Twilight Princess and Calamity Ganon, so that excuse doesn't fly.
Who are also extremely different from the regular Ganon(who was mostly the same all the way through OOT, which isn't severely different from ALTTP either, other than the weapon choice).

Moblin Ganon, another way to put it, has not appeared outside of Ultimate's Boss/Final Smash proper. I think it has a Spirit, though. Calamity Ganon is no Moblin, and the one in TP is a boar meant to be an evil counterpart to Wolf Link as is. Besides, do we even have a Puppet Ganon spirit too? There's at least 5 fairly unique forms without going into HW as is. OOT stands out from Classic Ganon due to two swords, and despite clearly being based upon a Moblin, ahs other differences like a giant honking nose that wiggles about. Previously he didn't have a similar noise like that, though it was still a large snout by all means.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
theres also spirits, of captain k.rool, many of samus in her other suits, mario and co with different powerups, one character can have many spirits

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
theres also spirits, of captain k.rool, many of samus in her other suits, mario and co with different powerups, one character can have many spirits
It seems that each character can have many spirits but there can't be more than one spirit with the same name. A spirit named Ganon already exists in the game, but Classic/Retro/Moblin/Wathever Ganon can come with a different name, and have its own separated spirit.

That's why I think that spirits do deconfirm characters, but only partially... because if they really want to put a character who's already a spirit, they can simply find a work-around and change the name of the fighter spirit. In most cases it's probably not happening anyway, except maybe for someone big like Geno.

With Ganon is simpler anyway, as I said... it's a specific version of Ganon, so you can just call him with the name of that version, like Toon Link or Doctor Mario (would be a bit odd to have "Classic Ganon" and not just "Ganon" in the game, since both Mario and Link had the normal version in the roster before Doctor and Toon/Young, but still).

Though now that I think, i'd rather wait the next game and have it as just Ganon, because having it as "Classic Ganon" sounds weird and not menacing enough for a demon king (I mean, waiting 2 years for the end of FP2 or about 3 years for a new game announcement is not much different, it's still too much).

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Though now that I think, i'd rather wait the next game and have it as just Ganon, because having it as "Classic Ganon" sounds weird and not menacing enough for a demon king (I mean, waiting 2 years for the end of FP2 or about 3 years for a new game announcement is not much different, it's still too much).
Call him what they called him in Link to the Past.
Ganon, the evil King Of Darkness!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yep. Porky MIA, Sylux MIA, Adeleine & Ribbon MIA, ect.
There's a good chance the Absolute Safety Capsule is actually meant to represent Porky. Considering they used the fan sprite version of Masked Man, they likely weren't looking for perfect accuracy, just "oh, yeah, I see it" at best.

The other ones, yeah, those are clearly missing, among many others. Like, where's all the Mario Tennis characters? And as noted, ALTTP Ganon(or general Ganon, the actual regular Moblin-like one) is nowhere to be found. Not even Yuga Ganon either which is a no-brainer. Agnahim enhancing into Ganon or at least Shadow Agnahim would've worked fine. And so on.

Spirits are sweet, but it's clear they didn't handle every detail as well as they can.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There's a good chance the Absolute Safety Capsule is actually meant to represent Porky. Considering they used the fan sprite version of Masked Man, they likely weren't looking for perfect accuracy, just "oh, yeah, I see it" at best.

The other ones, yeah, those are clearly missing, among many others. Like, where's all the Mario Tennis characters? And as noted, ALTTP Ganon(or general Ganon, the actual regular Moblin-like one) is nowhere to be found. Not even Yuga Ganon either which is a no-brainer. Agnahim enhancing into Ganon or at least Shadow Agnahim would've worked fine. And so on.

Spirits are sweet, but it's clear they didn't handle every detail as well as they can.
The sprite used for the Absolute Safe Capsule in Ultimate is the empty version of the sprite. But the Spirit team probably couldn't tell the difference and might have put in that version of the sprite by mistake. If not, it's a huge sign for Porky coming as DLC.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The sprite used for the Absolute Safe Capsule in Ultimate is the empty version of the sprite. But the Spirit team probably couldn't tell the difference and might have put in that version of the sprite by mistake. If not, it's a huge sign for Porky coming as DLC.
That's exactly what I'm saying. There's a good chance they didn't really know the difference. Not every evolution is truly logical to begin with either. One thing is a generic Toad turning into Captain Toad(if they meant the main Toad, they got it wrong), but how does a Nipper Plant become Petey Piranha? They have zero ties beyond "both are, well, plants".

It's clear they did some research, but didn't try to go for pure accuracy all the time. There's still some good moments, like a phone for Ness' Dad. So credit where it's due and all, but accuracy wasn't the main goal. Though hey, we could get a Porky spirit nonetheless. If they really did do the research, the worst thing they did is throw some logical choices together(not based entirely on accuracy) and simply didn't look hard enough for the official sprite. Though do note they actually did add spirits at one point of some Rareware content, as their name was owned by Nintendo. That's why they were removed, due to a basic error. It goes to show they simply aren't perfect.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I decided to rip Hyrule Warriors for fun, ripped Ganon and scaled him with some of the other fighters. This version's body type fits surprisingly well, only thing I'd tweak about him is shrinking the shoulder spikes and tusks, removing the mane and tail, putting him in some armor, and maybe giving him a potbelly.
villains.png

And him compared to Ganondorf.
ganons.png

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I've been playing with the HW model, and it's kind of hilarious just how thicc HW Ganon is compared to his Ocarina counterpart.
1594172638169.png

Someone end me
Anyway, did some other ripping and I still like the idea of incorporating dual swords into his moveset but it'd be cool if they were unique. I'm currently thinking of him wielding Demise's sword and the Smash greatsword.
1594173222633.png

Oddball

Smash Lord
I've been playing with the HW model, and it's kind of hilarious just how thicc HW Ganon is compared to his Ocarina counterpart.
View attachment 277654
Bad, Dalek_Kolt! Bad!

You stop that right now.

Seriously, the model's good and everything but big tusky Ganon with a huge flock of red hair just never sits right with me.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Bad, Dalek_Kolt! Bad!

You stop that right now.

Seriously, the model's good and everything but big tusky Ganon with a huge flock of red hair just never sits right with me.
If I had the time to edit the model, I'd probably cut out the mane and plop him in armor.
As is, this is the best I can do for now.
1594442683302.png

Oddball

Smash Lord
this thread is taking a strange turn
maxresdefault.jpg

You're right!

*ahem*

anyway... Ganon.

I'm kind of wondering about a classic mode for him.

You could do his classic mode with almost all Links.

Start of with a Mii in a Link costume.

Go to Young Link

Four Swords colors for Wind Waker Link

Link and Zelda ....

Throw a Ganondorf and a Sheik battle in there somewhere and end it with a Ganon boss battle and you're set.

Another part of me kinda wants to see him stomping RPG heroes though. Link, Cloud, Hero, Ness, Joker ... but that would require you to have the other DLC packs too.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
View attachment 278175

You're right!

*ahem*

anyway... Ganon.

Go to Young Link

Link and Zelda ....

Throw a Ganondorf and a Sheik battle in there somewhere and end it with a Ganon boss battle and you're set.

Another part of me kinda wants to see him stomping RPG heroes though. Link, Cloud, Hero, Ness, Joker ... but that would require you to have the other DLC packs too.
I suppose you could do a hunt for the Triforce and have Ganon fight every other Zelda character in the roster.
Or maybe have him fight every other villain in the roster for the title of true Demon King, (assuming there isn't one already...)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 278175

You're right!

*ahem*

anyway... Ganon.

Go to Young Link

Link and Zelda ....

thats not nearly as horrifying as the time i saw wario in that outfit

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
FINALLY managed to rip Link's Awakening. Also learned that this double-headed trident is called a halberd in the game files.

1596303326929.png

Top Bottom