• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Over - Return of Ganon! Support Thread of the classic Demon King! - (OP stepping down, thread open for take over)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I see. I'm kind of looking for someone that can maintain the Ganon support thread a bit better than I have since I've kind of left the thread hanging for sometime now while focusing on the Layton support thread and I don't think its fair on the folks here.

Maybe have a better written OP and whatnot.
I guess I'll see if there are any other volunteers for now and then decide who to hand the thread over to.
yeah i think its best to go for some of our more passionate supporters and go for me if no one else volunteers

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I'm a passionate supporter, but I'm rarely on SmashBoards, so I'll pass. I'd really hate to see this thread die, though!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would love to run this thread, but I'm only on here for like 2 to 3 hours a day because I sleep during most of my day and work a 9 hour nightshift. So I don't know if I would have enough time to spear. But honestly, I might be up for it Curious Villager Curious Villager just let me have time to think about it and I will tell you if I want to do it or not. I'll PM you when I make my decision, but you can tell me if you would be comfortable or not handing the thread over to me. Don't worry, I'll accept no if that's your answer.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm happy to hear about the interest in taking over the reign's of the thread, once I've made the final decision, I'll let you all know.

Perhaps I might like to hear the opinion of Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt as well as I recall him doing quite a lot for the character too and if he's interested as well.

I guess I'll give the thread at least a few more days and then I'll see what I'll do.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm honored, but I'll pass. I'm not ready for that kind of responsibility at this point in my life.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Alright then, I'll give it a few more days or a week then to see if there are any other volunteers and if not, then I'll give the reigns over to R RetrogamerMax once he made his final decision.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So there's apparently a "Heroes vs. Villains" event going on right now.
1565358165434.png

Thought this was a cool promotional image.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I just realized that in order to give the thread to a new owner, they are required to have a post older than the OP's creation date, so a post older than June 12 2017 so I'm unfortunately not able to give the thread over to you R RetrogamerMax since you joined in September 4 2018 and thus don't have a post older than that. You are free to make a new support thread if you want though, do let me know if you do so I can let the mods and everyone else know about this.

Eitherway though, if anyone else is interested and has been around and posting longer than the thread's first post, do let me know.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Alright, that sounds good if you have an old post older than the OP (So a post before June 12 2017) that you don't mind replacing, do let me know so I can let the mods know the next day I get back on.
Sure, when I get home tonight I’ll sort it out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh that is some BS.
Trust me, the entire Moderation agrees. We actually don't have a way to do the old topic transfer method over from the original website design. Xenforo doesn't have an updated version that's effectively safe to sue.

So there's nothing we can do beyond this workaround. It suuuuuuuucks.

I'm glad to see we have another possible user to take over, though~

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
When it's been literal years since A Link Between Worlds came out and no one has uploaded Ganon onto Models Resource.

"Fine. I'll do it myself."
https://imgur.com/LnJACUi

I can try setting up a downloadable link if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
For the record, the model isn't perfect; the textures were behaving strangely and may not be on-center, the head initially had no weight paints except the jaw, and the teeth aren't even part of the model.
I'm currently tweaking it to be better, but something to think about when playing with the raw collada file.
Also not entirely sure what the upload process for Model's resource is, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed as I don't have an account yet.
For the record, the tools I used were HackingToolkit9DS and Ohana3DS Rebirth.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For the record, the model isn't perfect; the textures were behaving strangely and may not be on-center, the head initially had no weight paints except the jaw, and the teeth aren't even part of the model.
I'm currently tweaking it to be better, but something to think about when playing with the raw collada file.
Also not entirely sure what the upload process for Model's resource is, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed as I don't have an account yet.
For the record, the tools I used were HackingToolkit9DS and Ohana3DS Rebirth.
From what I recall when I posted my first model there. So long as the model is at a solid T-pose, has its textures and rig working properly as well as the folders organized properly. It should be accepted just fine. They might have a lengthy review period for it though depending on how many new models have been uploaded there since they check them all before they make them publicly available.

It might also require to be in a common model file too such as obj or dae. But I'm not sure.

If you need help, you can ask the community there on their forum page. (or look at how the other models there are organized)

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
In other news, I've further polished the rig. There's some interesting artifacts in that his brows and mouth are rigged, but maybe that's just a leftover of Yuganon.
1566102495420.png

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
In other news, I've further polished the rig. There's some interesting artifacts in that his brows and mouth are rigged, but maybe that's just a leftover of Yuganon.
View attachment 234986
This model looks great. I think it just needs to be rebuilt from the ground up with the additional details modelled and polished up a bit and you might have a pretty good looking Ganon model for Smash. I wonder how he'd look compared to other bulky looking characters such as K.Rool and Bowser.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Something else to note is that Yuganon's model is higher quality. Contemplating editing or repainting him to resemble who he's ripping off.
1566135294227.png

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Decided to just repaint Yuga despite the minor proportional differences.
Repurposed the bracelets from Bowser.
Here's what I have so far;
1566155193501.png

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
You guys might like this.
https://youtu.be/1wGc6pWqYFw
I support LTTP Ganon as an alt for Ganondorf, and I honestly wish that Nintendo would give us more character skins like Dry Bowser, OOT Link, Samus suits, etc.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You guys might like this.
https://youtu.be/1wGc6pWqYFw
I support LTTP Ganon as an alt for Ganondorf, and I honestly wish that Nintendo would give us more character skins like Dry Bowser, OOT Link, Samus suits, etc.
It's unlikely given how new Switch hacking is, but if Smash Ultimate ever got the PM treatment, I think King K. Rool would be a good candidate to base Ganon on.
https://imgur.com/t6pB6NL
Replace the cannonball with Dead Man's Volley, the crown throw with the trident, the gut counter with a backhand, and the propeller with some shadow teleportation, with other normals and Smash Attacks tweaked as needed.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's unlikely given how new Switch hacking is, but if Smash Ultimate ever got the PM treatment, I think King K. Rool would be a good candidate to base Ganon on.
https://imgur.com/t6pB6NL
Replace the cannonball with Dead Man's Volley, the crown throw with the trident, the gut counter with a backhand, and the propeller with some shadow teleportation, with other normals and Smash Attacks tweaked as needed.
Yeah I thought that K.Rool would probably be the perfect candidate to use as a base for Ganon since they pretty much share the same armature and proportions and all. The crown would probably also be a good substitute to use as a base for the Trident throw.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I spent all day on this and the rig's busted. gonna try fixing it tomorrow.
1566279890386.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom