• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galaxy 64 Ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Worry not, Battlecow. I swear, on the honor of my ancestors, to never employ the demonic pink abomination against you.

Because I won't need to. OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Worry not, Battlecow. I swear, on the honor of my ancestors, to never employ the demonic pink abomination against you.

Since you've made it painfully clear that using kirby would be most dishonorable, i may have to instead...learn battlecows approach, and an effective counter for it!

Battlecow

Play to Win
battlecow forfeits due to excessive camping and stalling
A bit of the expected drama from Nova here- in fact, we played the entire first match fair and square. I camped, yes, under the assumption that kirby being in play meant that both players acknowledged the nonexistence of the concept "cheap," but never stalled- every time he retreated to the right edge of hyrule, I followed him. The entire thing took about eight minutes, and I won. Fynal watched the whole thing from right next to me IRL and can back me up. I offered to finish off the set repeatedly, but he was having none of it. He called "forfeit" after he had already lost the match.

I can honestly say that I expected no other outcome. Victory battlecow.

PS- He's also been subjecting me to verbal abuse in the form of homophobic slurs since then. Tsk tsk.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
A bit of the expected drama from Nova here- in fact, we played the entire first match fair and square. I camped, yes, under the assumption that kirby being in play meant that both players acknowledged the nonexistence of the concept "cheap," but never stalled- every time he retreated to the right edge of hyrule, I followed him. The entire thing took about eight minutes, and I won. Fynal watched the whole thing from right next to me IRL and can back me up. I offered to finish off the set repeatedly, but he was having none of it. He called "forfeit" after he had already lost the match.

I can honestly say that I expected no other outcome.
ur awful, u have no kind of skill, u camp and ur pathetic. wat does using kirby have to do with sitting at the end of the stage for 10 minutes. surri please change these matches to dreamland only or i will have to drop out. dont give him the win

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
I watched most of the match from the computer next to Bcow, both bcow and nova were retreating to the left/right side of hyrule pretty often and both were, after 20ish seconds, comming out to confront the other. Camping, yes. Excessive stalling, no.

At one point late in the match Nova paused and accused Bcow of excessive stalling (while each was at an end of hyrule), but kept playing. When Bcow got the winning hit, Nova paused and St+L+R+A reset as he was flying off the screen. Then the emu crashed, because this is kaillera. When Bcow got back on, he repetitively asked Nova to finish the set, and Nova repetitively refused.

I note that a few mins later Nova whispered "f*****" to bcow, this being minutes after the first two posts were posted.

Battlecow

Play to Win

I'll hold you to that, and my own honor compels me not to admit that the last statement there is absolutely true.

I challenge The Star King (assuming, of course, that I get the win over Nova, which seems like a given at this point)

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I'll hold you to that, and my own honor compels me not to admit that the last statement there is absolutely true.

I challenge The Star King (assuming, of course, that I get the win over Nova, which seems like a given at this point)
wat a joke, ur not gonna get the win, ur not better than me, ur a scrub, y dont u just quit this game

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
alright, stalling and camping and winning are all different things...learn what they are.

I honestly dont think BattleCow "stalled" vs you...and the reason why people dont get better, is because they make up rules in their head and then try to make everyone else play by them...but secretly we wont play by your made up rules, we'll just beat you in smash64

You where removed from this ladder by your request.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
alright, stalling and camping and winning are all different things...learn what they are.

I honestly dont think BattleCow "stalled" vs you...and the reason why people dont get better, is because they make up rules in their head and then try to make everyone else play by them...but secretly we wont play by your made up rules, we'll just beat you in smash64

You where removed from this ladder by your request.
uh no, i requested that u make the ladder dreamland only but if u want to make stuff up then ok. Also standing at the end of hyrule typing "u scared" is definitely stalling so yea, i feel sorry for anyone who has to play with this 12 yr old.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
ok watever but if u saw the match u would see that he was stalling, blatantly running away and sitting there doing nothin while typing stupid stuff to me, if thats not stalling then give me a definition of stalling. Also hyrule is a joke stage that gives ppl with no skill a chance to win and should not be used in competitive play.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
The biggest issue is believing you isnt it...

but honestly i dont think he was trying to not fight you, he was trying to fight you on his terms. defensive play.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hyrule is a terrible stage, I agree Nova. Dreamland is perfect. But, If you don't develop patience, you won't beat people who "stall". You should be able to have a comfortable lead at all times anyway.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
look out son

im commin for you

just have to learn some pro kirby...

Battlecow

Play to Win
U gotta get through ma man SHARKSQUAIL first.

Sharks quail at the smell of his blood in the water. He's that good.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Fixed up the ladder rules to work with the new BR rules-set.

How do you guys feel about the lower rank getting to strike first?

I think it's fair seeing as if you are going to challenge someone higher in position then you it helps keep the matches balanced.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Actually the condition you gave me was to make it Dreamland only or you didn't want to play.

seriously though I'll give you one more chance. If you cant enjoy competitive events without being immature you wont be in them at all.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Actually the condition you gave me was to make it Dreamland only or you didn't want to play.

seriously though I'll give you one more chance. If you cant enjoy competitive events without being immature you wont be in them at all.
I didnt really mean that, anyways how am i being immature, all i did was point out that my opponent was stalling and that was against the rules. But watever, if ppl want to keep holding a bias against me then go ahead.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
yup i got kirbstomped

see wat i did there

got a standing fpaunch kill tho:awesome:

i challenge Eggers St

Gowa

Smash Apprentice
I beat nova 2-1

when are jel and korobeniki going to finish? i've been wanting to challenge somebody so I can move up :)

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I beat nova 2-1

when are jel and korobeniki going to finish? i've been wanting to challenge somebody so I can move up :)
my controller is a POS along with lag spikes made me roll at times when i was trying to dash grab

Battlecow

Play to Win
Double post to get attention b/c no one checks alreadyread threads.

Give da win to Star King b/c our schedules are Baaaaad and don't coincide and also we both already know who was going to win
me

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
I will be gone for a week or so starting Saturday morning, spring break:)

mark on vacation/remove from ladder as you see fit surri

edit: if i see him tomorow(friday) i might still get my match done. otherwise challenge withdrawn.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Double post to get attention b/c no one checks alreadyread threads.

Give da win to Star King b/c our schedules are Baaaaad and don't coincide and also we both already know who was going to win
me
Well I should get more time soon so maybe you should challenge me then. I want to play you.

You might win since I'm kind of rusty, and vowed not to use Kirby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom