• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galaxy 64 Ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Heh. I'll challenge you again if we can get a time, fo sho.

And I WILL win, whether you're rusty or not ;p

Battlecow

Play to Win
K

im outta town til like monday tho

ask ballin' it's TRUE can't play til I get ma 1 frame back

so wait up til monday then ima beat u down again

then Ima challenge star king for REAL and take my rightful place

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
So I Still can't beat BattleCow....time to retire?

Seriously though wtf is wrong with me i know im much better then the last time we played but i still felt so useless....

score was 3-1

and i dunno about gowa, seems he came back to post a BR application then run away.

The Star King

Smash Hero
So I Still can't beat BattleCow....time to retire?

Seriously though wtf is wrong with me i know im much better then the last time we played but i still felt so useless....
Battlecow has a strange style. I also felt I like I should have been doing way better. Don't give up.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Battlecow has a strange style. I also felt I like I should have been doing way better. Don't give up.
You should probably give up, actually. Behind the facade of dashdancing like a moron until I can fthrow into a B&B combo, there's actually a complex strategy designed to frustrate great players. You know you're good when it starts working. The only way to beat me is to be a complete scrub.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
You should probably give up, actually. Behind the facade of dashdancing like a moron until I can fthrow into a B&B combo, there's actually a complex strategy designed to frustrate great players. You know you're good when it starts working. The only way to beat me is to be a complete scrub.
Honestly i know what you're doing to me, and I came up with 129038190238 different ways to solve the problem, but none of them work.

of course there is one thing i have yet to try and i may have to very soon, losing is an annoying thing i dont like much >:|

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
The thing is even if i won vs you with kirby i wouldn't feel right for some reason...not because it's kirby either i just want to win with pikachu.

Kirby is a legit char of mine though so despite the fact that i want to win with pikachu if i have to use one of my other chars i will do it.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
You could interpret it as the most basic combos of a character, but that's not the definition I'm used to.

BnB usually means you can do it any time on basically any character, and smash's very design makes that rather difficult

Every character has distinct weight and percentage can modify combos really easily.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Doug's Uair-Uair-UpB things are definitely his Bread and Butter. I didn't know that B&B had a meaning in smash already lol, I'd just seen combos referred to as "Bread and Butter" like once or twice so I picked it up and shortified it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I thought B&B meant a standard and important thing for a certain character, i.e. standard Falcon uair combos.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
You aren't wrong, but he said 'BnB combo', which has a markedly different definition in traditional fighters, and is shortened to BnB when referring to standard, efficient combos when talking about games like MvC and Tekken, eg. 'gettin some BnB done in the corner' is a phrase I heard in commentary on MvC3 just the other day.

They're usually specific combos designed to capitalise and get good damage output in a given situation, like 5AA 4B 6C 236C as a BnB for a character in the Touhou fighter I'm playing at the moment. It's pretty similar to the definition you're using, but a little more specific, given that KB doesn't change with damage in traditional fighters.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm not in a challenge with Star King. We already played that, I lost 2-3. Check the posts.

K so since he gave up 5 of 13 games to that Malva guy, I figure JaimeHR is in a SLUMP and RIPE FOR PICKING. I challenge Jaime; soon enough I will have claimed my rightful place as LORD of the LADDER.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Oh I forgot about JaimeHR, I thought I was #1. I never checked the front page LOL

I guess I'll challenge after he's done with Battlecow.

Time to practice 5/6 frames, sadface. IDK how to practice on higher frame delay though, unless I keep playing dandan or something

Battlecow

Play to Win
Notice how he left out WHO he was going to challenge. That's because he knows he'll have to challenge ME, the new #1 ladder champ. Dunno why he thinks he'd get 5-6 frames with me.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Because I'm moving to Alaska, obviously. Haven't I told you guys? My new job is to warn the Russians of the inevitable American invasion, using signal fires. In my spare time, I plan on revolutionizing the Alaskan Smash 64 competitive scene with my new ideas involving planking with Samus and applying Yoshi's dtilt infinite. Of course, Alaska is already extremely good at this game - they've got all five of the top Luigi players in the world - but hopefully my Ukrainian/Korean perspective will be able to bring to something new to the table.

Battlecow

Play to Win
If you wanna play on the Galaxy 64 ladder, you gotta be able to play on Galaxy 64. So if you're loving the 12 frames, then yeah; I for one am not p2p'ing into 6 frames or w/e.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Yeah I'll play on Galaxy, no big deal.
Name : Mahie
Contact info : either on smashboards or msn : mahiedt at msn dot com

LLDL

Smash Hero
Hmm, I just noticed that Fynal challenged me. I'll play him tomorrow if he responds.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
please remove me from the latter surri

i'v got physical therapy for a shoulder injury, a dentist appointment, and a bunch of random stuff piled up on my normal goodcomputer smash time for the next few days at least, and i'm holding stuff up

i'll rejoin sometime later

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
take me out of the challenge with gowa since he never showed up and i dont think he will

Mahie

Smash Lord
So I challenged Nova and won 2-1.
He wants his rematch so we'll probably do it in the days to come.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
So I challenged Nova and won 2-1.
He wants his rematch so we'll probably do it in the days to come.
i want a rematch of that match because MATTS! extra lag spikes made me mess up.

so dont update the ladder surri

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Nova im seriously getting sick of how every second time you lose you have some random excuse for it, and expect me to count it off...

you can rematch in 4 days.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Nova im seriously getting sick of how every second time you lose you have some random excuse for it, and expect me to count it off...

you can rematch in 4 days.
its not an excuse, matts wanted to watch and mahie agreed to let him and matts had lag, thats not a fair match. no one cares wat ur sick of, go cry to ur mom or somethin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom