• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA OoS Summer tournaments

Saltix

Smash Lord
anyone planning on traveling OoS over the summer?
I want to go OoS for once, and the summer would be the best time to do this;

APEX will probably be a no for me;
I'd like to go to either MLG Columbus or this, but they're on the same date.

But GA smash post in this thread and lets get to planning, never can start too early

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Id like to try and go to MLG Columbus. Im gonna talk to some of my friends and see what i got going on.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Id like to try and go to MLG Columbus. Im gonna talk to some of my friends and see what i got going on.
It's always been a dream of mine to go to an MLG event, but looking at GAMME seems like it'd be geared more towards me;
I know my skill level, and the amateur buy in tourney/all night venue, means good EXP for me lol.

But hey, lemme know what's up, maybe we can team wherever we decide to go haha

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I 100 percent confirmed for mlg columbus, and I'd recommend any GA brawler to go if at all possible.

I will also be going to apex.

*Lounis

Rayku

Smash Lord
LOL of course Lounis is 100% confirmed for Columbus

D'you have a teammate for APEX Lounis (in Brawl)

Player-3

Smash Hero
i'm hoping that i can get to columbus

my parents got mindgames, they said they didn't have a problem with me riding with lounis to halloween bash even though they said i couldn't go

wut

maybe can get ride to mlg as long as no conflicts

Rayku

Smash Lord
well good luck riding with Lounis in his 1st class private jet to Columus, Player 3

Saltix

Smash Lord
It's not looking too good for GAMME then lol;
FMTL, are you only staying for the melee days?

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
If i can get a ride me and my brah(only if tehres room haha, im better anyways) have pretty much all summer to travel and go to tournies anywhere! I want to go to columbus, but will settle for GAMME if i can get the ride. I also wanna go to Apex to. I wish i had a car... but yeah, anyone going to these things, save a spot for two people that will gladly pay for some gas ahah

DRN

Smash Lord
Well I'm not going to GAMME if im going alone lol
this sucksss
I mean i'd go with u to GAMME if ur driving. Im willing to go to mlg columbus or GAMME i just need a ride to either one. Plane tickets cost to much for me :/. I was gonna go to columbus but when the tickets jumped from 69 to 115 oneway as soon as i put money into my account i gave up hope :/.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'm going to try my best to go to apex.

seriously there's no excuse to not go to that tourney.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I mean i'd go with u to GAMME if ur driving. Im willing to go to mlg columbus or GAMME i just need a ride to either one. Plane tickets cost to much for me :/. I was gonna go to columbus but when the tickets jumped from 69 to 115 oneway as soon as i put money into my account i gave up hope :/.
Chaz the deals will come back, just keep searching online. Check around the beggining of may, guarentee there will be a deal.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Well if that's the case then I've got like the best teammate lineup I could possibly ask for:

Melee: RedFox
Brawl: Lounis
Brawl+: ZeonStar/maybe someone else?

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Chaz the deals will come back, just keep searching online. Check around the beggining of may, guarentee there will be a deal.
This.

Though im with you turtl, i saw the prices go up and i started talking to my friend about driving up there. Honestly, I'll see how things go and if i can drive i can bring another person along with me (along with Saltix and my friend Joe).

Saltix

Smash Lord
This.

Though im with you turtl, i saw the prices go up and i started talking to my friend about driving up there. Honestly, I'll see how things go and if i can drive i can bring another person along with me (along with Saltix and my friend Joe).
Cool cool, but we all have to know soon;
Registration ends in May (May 15th for the venue, and May 5th for the games)

Just to post some #s:
Arriving Friday, Leaving monday, in a room with twin beds
comes to a total of $434.64
@ 4 ppl per room- $108.66
@ 5 ppl per room-$86.93

The hotel's reservation system stops at 5 people per room.

to quote Plank:
the venue fee is $35.

singles are 15 per person
teams are 20 per TEAM, 10 per person.

so for 1 person for 1 game, itd be 60.

for both games, it'd be 85
GTR, would you be doing Melee too?

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I would spend money on a plane ticket but i spent all money on Orlando haha. I need to gain a ride to go to either MLG or GAMME. i wanna go to one or the other..

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Cool cool, but we all have to know soon;
Registration ends in May (May 15th for the venue, and May 5th for the games)

Just to post some #s:
Arriving Friday, Leaving monday, in a room with twin beds
comes to a total of $434.64
@ 4 ppl per room- $108.66
@ 5 ppl per room-$86.93

The hotel's reservation system stops at 5 people per room.
Nah id be just doing Brawl.

When does registration for GAMME end, etc.?

Saltix

Smash Lord
Nah id be just doing Brawl.

When does registration for GAMME end, etc.?
Arriving Saturday and Leaving monday comes out to be $346.00
But see the thing is, if we were driving, thats a 7 hour drive...
we arent sure what time Brawl Pools would be starting, not to menton driving down there and then getting up to play the SAME day would be a pretty daunting task;

Registration ends in May, 15th for the event, and 5th for the tournaments

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Arriving Saturday and Leaving monday comes out to be $346.00
But see the thing is, if we were driving, thats a 7 hour drive...
we arent sure what time Brawl Pools would be starting, not to menton driving down there and then getting up to play the SAME day would be a pretty daunting task;

Registration ends in May, 15th for the event, and 5th for the tournaments
Aight well im talking to my friend either today or tomorrow based on his work schedule so ill get back to you when i know something. Message me ur # or something so i can just text u wats up.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'm just going to throw this out there for future reference, and because it's happening in the south.

No matter what tourney you might think about going to over the summer, G.A.M.M.E. has the most future potential for either game. It probably will be one of the smallest majors, which is horrid, but if you do your research (or have kept up with other communities), then you'll note that it's held as one of the biggest things in a while.

I've been speculating that i'll be bigger than EVO this year, just to put it in perspective.

Not to mention it's in FN flordia, so you could like, drive to it.

GOD!

Smash Ace
I kind of want to go to Gamme. It's a lot of money though when you add food, hotel, venue, food, and gas together.
FAP definitely looks interesting after reading through the thread again. But the name of the tourney is still kind of.. tmi.

Rayku

Smash Lord
@Dogy: GAMME doesn't have Europe coming to it, does it? That's my main appeal for APEX2

@GOD!: Yeah most major tournaments get expensive because you always have to factor that in, unless you've got connections and can get housing

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
@Dogy: GAMME doesn't have Europe coming to it, does it? That's my main appeal for APEX2

No matter what tourney you might think about going to over the summer, G.A.M.M.E. has the most future potential for either game. It probably will be one of the smallest majors, which is horrid, but if you do your research (or have kept up with other communities), then you'll note that it's held as one of the biggest things in a while.
No, I doubt many people outside of the south are gunna go to G.A.M.M.E., which is funny.

The irony is, G.A.M.M.E. is going to be HUGE for everything else there. It's been talked about for literally over a year in other communities. Smash players are always talking about how to get new people and having "good showings" to the public, this is pretty much going to be THE PLACE to do so.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
atlanta dudes should go to this for melee

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271094

its only like a 6 hour drive from atlanta, which is no more than most mw dudes are driving to it. lots of good players too. doesnt really conflict with anything big i dont think either, and you wont have to spend for a plane ticket

and while youre at it, look into the showdown for melee, i understand its right near mlg in location and date so thats rough for brawl but its still wide open for melee

i dunno if there are many melee players reading this thread but i saw dogysamich and thought "why not"

spread the word in appropriate places if youre interested dogy

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*laughs hysterically*

Well, if anybody goes because you posted in here, you're welcome. I'll put it on my calander of stuff to possibly look at.

GOD!

Smash Ace
atlanta dudes should go to this for melee

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271094

its only like a 6 hour drive from atlanta, which is no more than most mw dudes are driving to it. lots of good players too. doesnt really conflict with anything big i dont think either, and you wont have to spend for a plane ticket

and while youre at it, look into the showdown for melee, i understand its right near mlg in location and date so thats rough for brawl but its still wide open for melee

i dunno if there are many melee players reading this thread but i saw dogysamich and thought "why not"

spread the word in appropriate places if youre interested dogy
Well zhu is one of my fav players so I'd love to go.

Plus $5 venue and housing is awesome.

Top Bottom