• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA Melee PR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
actually, the votes are currently at a tie for number of panelists. still waiting on alpha.
just got dogy to vote, apparently he's been black this whole time

Rayku

Smash Lord
A vote for Panelists is just a method of procrastination. Shouldn't even be happening.

The Power Rankings could have already been made by the time this voting even began.

Man. Up. Like. Brawl. Players.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
This thread
makes me want to tear my eyes out
because this always ****ing happens.

Therefore:
If your name is on sleepy's "did not vote yet" list
I will beat your face in with a baseball bat next time I see you. :mad::mad::mad:

Rayku

Smash Lord
This thread
makes me want to tear my eyes out
because this always ****ing happens.

Therefore:
If your name is on sleepy's "did not vote yet" list
I will beat your face in with a baseball bat next time I see you. :mad::mad::mad:
First half of statement:

That's the whole point to this thread. Seems I'm the only one willing to DO anything about this Melee PR, and yet I'm never even considered (oh wait, I was for like two posts) to be on the panel, even though I'm the catalyst behind the Brawl PR and HOPEFULLY the Melee one. /salt

Some people don't even know what they're voting for. There shouldn't even be one.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
this is truly ridiculous. i don't know why GA is the only state, it seems, that has these issues. i already told everyone i would do it, and everyone knows that i will get it done and be completely unbiased about it. i don't know what the holdup is.

also, i just noticed that player 3 has almost as many posts as Mikey G, despite joining SWF 6 years later. wow.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Why are we waiting for more votes? If we waited for all of America to vote for a new president George Bush would still be in office. Just close the polls and make the PR thread. It's obvious by looking at all the posts who gives a sh*t the most. The guys who didn't vote just don't give a sh*t, trust me. If they ever complain you can just throw this thread in there face and make them look stupid. Simple:)

hey man i voted?
close enough

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Why are we waiting for more votes? If we waited for all of America to vote for a new president George Bush would still be in office. Just close the polls and make the PR thread. It's obvious by looking at all the posts who gives a sh*t the most. The guys who didn't vote just don't give a sh*t, trust me. If they ever complain you can just throw this thread in there face and make them look stupid. Simple:)

close enough
You wanna know how I got these scars?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
lol i'll close the polls after everyone's finals week, which should be this week.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Why did it take 3+ weeks to vote on something that didn't need to be voted on.

By this point in time, the Power Rankings could have been constructed with more pages than this thread has of nothing but people *****ing and whining about their placements.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Why did it take 3+ weeks to vote on something that didn't need to be voted on.

By this point in time, the Power Rankings could have been constructed with more pages than this thread has of nothing but people *****ing and whining about their placements.
Now you've stumbled upon something here:
The reason that this process is taking so long and that all the veteran melee players realize WHY its taking so long is this:

The last few times we've assembled a PR, there has been ENDLESS conflict about placements.
So a public vote to decide the panel lays to rest anyone's ability to ***** or complain about the decision the panel comes to- BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS HAD THE CHANCE TO VOTE FOR THE INDIVIDUALS THEY THINK WILL BEST REPRESENT GA IN CREATING A PR.

Seriously, GA:
Whatever the outcome of the panel vote, and the following PR afterwards... STOP *****ING.
You're free to disagree, but realize that that's just your personal opinion and does not count towards the creation of a PR.
If you don't like the way you're placed (or not placed at all) MAN THE **** UP and start winning tournaments.

This rant was not directed at anyone in particular.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Why do you keep posting the same thing, Rayku?

And why are people SO impatient and SO in need of this PR list? If anything it's as meaningless as the tier list and it's another kind of lube for whatever self-meatriding might be going on. It's mostly for the fun of it and the competitive nature we all seem to have [in varying degrees].

But it ain't life or death and it's not like making it sooner will have any sort of impact on any upcoming events.

But there's a lot of value in being as fair as possible and being as thorough as possible. When **** gets thrown together sloppily without enough consideration, THAT'S when you get the most "ommmg no way I'm definitely better than ____" or "so-and-so is way under/overrated."

With a properly constructed panel, you'll have informed opinions formed from a lot of factors being weighed. There still won't be a guarantee of 100% satisfaction with the results, but they'll be a closer to it than some casually constructed panel's casually constructed PR.

/thread.

edit: daaang ninja'd by Mike!

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm posting the same thing because it doesn't seem like ANYONE is listening to what I'm saying, and this is the whole point of the thread in the first place.

When was the last Melee PR update? September of...'07? I -think-?

I'm just saying that if the Melee PR doesn't want to be made, say so (like the first like...2 pages of posts were about. Then people all of a sudden had a change of heart and wanted to over-complicate things).

My suggestion to Sleepy (the guy who is apparently the governing body of this entire subject matter because what he said about voting just went along) was that you guys have 5 members of the panel, and do what Brawl panel does and, if there are 4/5 members when an update needs to be made, conduct it, and say who was not present at the time. Or, if all members are present, go for it then. It's all the better.

What's the opposition to that, I ask? Why can't that be done?

Jaff

Smash Rookie
And why are people SO impatient and SO in need of this PR list?

/thread.
as was said, people will ***** no matter what, that is why people are given a chance NOW to get their representation right.

toasty

Smash Hero
falcon boards for brawl had no moderator for like 5 months
lmfao

I love that kind of honesty XD

Rayku - *sigh*...over complicate things?

All I know is a concerted effort is going into making a legit process and format that people seem to agree on. Some people are patiently waiting for that process to be completed as planned. Others are less patient and more eager for answers. But that's unavoidable.

I just don't get the point of your posts. Well...I do, but I don't get why you keep wanting to be so counterproductive. If you think your questions are going to inspire some sort of sense of urgency among those who are holding the process back, you're kidding yourself.

If you think your posts will discourage others from even going through with the whole thing? Well...that's just mean *5 yr old toasty sadface*

Related question: Are you okay? Do you need a hug? Is this one of those "I hurt because I love" kinda things where you take whatever negative energy you might have out on those you know because you know they'll just tolerate it? [half serious post, in case you actually AREN'T okay...just pointing out that you're being negative for no GOOD reason :(]

toasty

Smash Hero
ooooh I forgot all about ranbats!!!

Who's down for $2 ranbats somewhere? Oh wait...the only place we can play is Waba >_<

I'm almost certain I will have an apartment by either Pound or immediately after. Either way, I'm going apartment "shopping" at the end of the year when my parents visit, so at least that's something.

That being said, I'm pretty close to securing Saturday mornings as my shift [as opposed to Saturday noon-11PM like it has been most of the time] as a standard...so if that happens, then I can host $2 ranbats in place of a Waba Weekly.

The reason I suggest this is because if the price is low, people will be more inclined to enter, and since the main point of the event is to create rankings, it's more about pride and the prize money becomes just a bonus considering it will be relatively smaller than your typical prize pot. Also it would be winner takes all [unless there is a good turnout in which case 2nd will get his $2 back haha].

I also suggest an alternate venue because...well...you'll always have to pay $5 at Waba. Who the hell wants to pay more for venue than for the tourney itself?

tubes

Smash Ace
The ranbats would become more important than the waba monthlies. I guess I'd be down for them though. Not like my opinion really matters much right now though. Give me a year and we'll see if I don't start placing better.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Waba monthlies are for mass attendance, money, pride, and possible attendance from outside our local region.

Ranbats are much more localized things.

Actually on that note, it's pretty tough to really have effective ranbats because everyone is SO spread out in GA, it would have to be like...Gwinnett Ranbats or something >_>

Gah, see this is why making a legit PR list would require a panel as opposed to ranbats because there are hardly EVER any events that feature all of GA's top people

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Rayku - *sigh*...over complicate things?

All I know is a concerted effort is going into making a legit process and format that people seem to agree on. Some people are patiently waiting for that process to be completed as planned. Others are less patient and more eager for answers. But that's unavoidable.

I just don't get the point of your posts. Well...I do, but I don't get why you keep wanting to be so counterproductive. If you think your questions are going to inspire some sort of sense of urgency among those who are holding the process back, you're kidding yourself.

If you think your posts will discourage others from even going through with the whole thing? Well...that's just mean *5 yr old toasty sadface*

Related question: Are you okay? Do you need a hug? Is this one of those "I hurt because I love" kinda things where you take whatever negative energy you might have out on those you know because you know they'll just tolerate it? [half serious post, in case you actually AREN'T okay...just pointing out that you're being negative for no GOOD reason :(]
lmao popcorn time

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
p.s. does anyone else unconsciously read rayku's posts in their mom's voice

i can't help it

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
p.s. does anyone else unconsciously read rayku's posts in their mom's voice

i can't help it
I actually can see this a little.

Sorry, Rayku, you know I have nothing but love, but sometimes, you can get a little angry round these parts. Just saying...
:ohwell:

Anyways, Sleepy, I am pretty sure that the votes will flood in sometime around this weekend. This week is finals (@ least for me, and likely for others), so give people until Sunday to vote.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I don't understand how people can't take 1 minute MAX to send in their votes, but still find time to post stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom