• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA Melee PR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
5 imo is optimal for GA since we're so spread out. we can receive input from a number of sources from varying regions and include extraneous intelligence members.
I see where you're coming from, but wouldn't it be more difficult for a panel to come to a consensus the more people are on it. If there are only 3 panelists it wouldn't be very difficult for them to communicate with each other and make a decision. I remember one former panelist saying that they could never get into contact with his fellow panelists, and as a result it took several months for it to be updated.

either way

if it's 5 people I vote 4...

SleepyK or Mike G
Fullmetal
Marty
Dogy
GAwes(when he returns this weekend)

Player-3

Smash Hero
I think I can be in American's at Starcraft tier once I can take games off PB&J and Lounis. But idk I think I'm above barline tier.

I've beaten everyone in a MM in the barline tier except for Ken because I've never played him before. I played Kosine in friendlies and beat him every match idk maybe sandbagging. I took a game off DashingDan in tourney set. Everyone else in American's at Starcraft tier I've never played before or I haven't played in a few months. Rayku beats me pretty readily and I do well sometimes although we play almost every day.

I don't know how good Omega is. Never heard of Shag.

Also, Archaic and I are like the same skill level

Rusty Grills tier
BBQ
Archaic

Rusty grills tier is in between barline and americans at starcraft tier

oh yah, Toasty should be at Americans at starcraft tier
yeah but i was pretty bad back then

do you mind if we do a 2 dollar mm instead? ill still do 5 but if i enter teams that leaves me with like... no money

i remember grabbing you... and being stupid and getting hit out of it

and then getting fsmashed for the kill when i could have teched

im ready this time

marth is gay

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
but yeah, If there are issues because Sleep and I are from the same area then I nominate SleepyK.

and it should be 3 imo, 5 just seems silly for something like this.

SleepyK
Dogy

I don't really know after that tbh.

EDIT: 5 can work for reasons mentioned earlier in sleepy's post but I'm still on 3
3 reliable/unbiased panelists are all we need. Communication is much easier with 3 instead of 5- or what Eugene said

tubes

Smash Ace
I didn't know he was pulling a Marty:p. I'm just bias anyway. I'm also not suggesting you put that many people in honorable mention either, PR shouldn't be a list everyone in the state who plays that's just silly.

I just hope you guys don't that tier 1 & 2 nonsense. That was just ridiculous.
The Official GA melee PR and locater thread.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Yeah I thought about Marty and I know he's unbiased with things like this but. I can't feel comfortable having someone as a panelist who hates the game and hardly enjoys playing it. He's openly said this many times.

This was also Sleepy's reason aswell

BBQ°

Smash Champion
yeah but i was pretty bad back then

do you mind if we do a 2 dollar mm instead? ill still do 5 but if i enter teams that leaves me with like... no money

i remember grabbing you... and being stupid and getting hit out of it

and then getting fsmashed for the kill when i could have teched

im ready this time

marth is gay
ok you say you were bad back then but I was bad too. We have probably improved at the same rate so we'd be at the same ratio of skill.
$2 now? I called a $5 mm because you said you would beat me. I'd still really like to do a $5 mm to make it a little more intense/serious, but if you don't have the money then I guess I'll settle for $2.

sleepy
dogy
marty

3 panelists and the only 3 I can think of that would truly be unbiased.
agreed.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
who cares if he hates the game?

he knows wtf he's talking about and he wants to do it apparently.
Alright. Well if he becomes a panelist and we finally create the PR I don't want GA *****ing and making johns because" he hates the game why is he a panelist wtf" because there's a good chance that will happen. But If they don't then that's cool. I rather have **** get taken care of instead of us sitting here wasting time talking about it

Rayku

Smash Lord
I know it's a bit...uncalled for, but I'd be willing to be a panelist. If not me, I think Dan would be (we're both from the same area)

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Yeah Marty's fine, it's not like he can't be replaced by some one else if he decides he also hates power rankings.

EDIT: Rayku or Dan is cool too^^^^

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
general consensus is 3.
ok.

imo someone should make a private group, inv the GA meleers, and we'll just vote on panelists there. i trust the state to trust the right people to be on a panel.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Mike, at this point, i'll tell anyone who b1tches about the PR's to go eat a ****.
that's been my plan all along. so, let's get this done. even though i don't like playing Smash in singles competitively, that has nothing to do with deciding a PR list. i don't even see what the two have to do with each other, to be honest...

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Guys I am an ISyE major so analyzing statistics like that is kind of my every day job. Thus I would be the best panelist and I am unbiased (everybody knows Tong is the best anyways)

Indisputable/10

SleepyK

jokes aside, panel vote pls

my votes are

tong
thomas the tank engine
koreandj

SleepyK

gumby
little black sambo
Evo 2k7 announcer
gumby = play-doh
Little Black Sambo = Mike G's younger brother
Evo 2k7 announcer = Dogy

One child's molding toy and two illiterate apes? i like this panel so far.

personally i still enjoy the idea of a five person PR, but my general votes are uh
dogi
mahhty
dan

i'm in there somewhere

Day[9]
Tasteless
Nony
IdrA

i'd pick idra over nony atm, but that could change in a few months

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
sleepy
dogy
marty

3 panelists and the only 3 I can think of that would truly be unbiased.
I must confess, I can't recall any actions or statements I have made that would lead you to believe I am biased, XIF.

But I agree with sleepy- someone should make a private group and have the GA smashers vote for panelists.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I was under the impression that Fullmetal was also from the same area as Sleepy which is why I didn't mention him as well as myself. That was my only reason.

If not, then I'm also good with you too Mike =D

and If Dogy doesn't/cant do it, then it's GAwes for me

Also, what's chaddd's story and why hasn't he posted his opinions yet?

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I was under the impression that Fullmetal was also from the same area as Sleepy which is why I didn't mention him as well as myself. That was my only reason.

If not, then I'm also good with you too Mike =D

and If Dogy doesn't/cant do it, then it's GAwes for me

Also, what's chaddd's story and why hasn't he posted his opinions yet?
Dunno- but he's been #1 in our state since after the Wes/Bobby glory days, so I think he's qualified to be a panelist.

As for regions- dunno either, I think sleepy visits ATL more than I do, but I see Toasty/Chaddd/TBag/Soft more often as they live closer to me.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Dunno- but he's been #1 in our state since after the Wes/Bobby glory days, so I think he's qualified to be a panelist.

only Wes/Bobby?!

yeah, I should move back to NY now :(

aight im out, 1 lol

I want to hear what chaddd has to say, still

chaddd

Smash Lord
only Wes/Bobby?!

yeah, I should move back to NY now :(

aight im out, 1 lol

I want to hear what chaddd has to say, still
You quit before I got the chance to start beating you, just like Wes.

That's all I have to say. LOL

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
well, that's nice and all but,

Do you want to be a panalist or not? and what's your current opinion on the list.

EDIT: List meaning potential candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom