• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA Melee PR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yea, our topic is so old there are dinos on it. It was just revived.

Then we never made a new panel.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I agree with Marty being on the panel. He seems to be one of the most knowledgeable players in GA. And I completely agree with him -actually getting it done-

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
GA Melee PR? Do itttt

1. Chops
2. Chaddd
3. XIF?
4. SleepyK/FullMetal/Soft/Cornell/Eugenio??

lol (I laugh because I really have no idea what the list will be like)

DJRome

Smash Hero
hay gais

im lookin into developing a mathematical model for prs. id appreciate any input and will share the file once im done

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Twenty times this. They happen for CvS2 matches all the time. I think the best format for the ranbats would be to have them round robin, and then rank from there.
this idea has been brought up before, but was complained about due to having rankings decided by one tournament. i don't care either way, just stating the facts.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
this idea has been brought up before, but was complained about due to having rankings decided by one tournament. i don't care either way, just stating the facts.
Then perhaps instead of having one tourney to decide the ranking battle, we should have several (IMHO I would recommend four) that could be the baseline for people to enter, and then modify the rankings from there.

In the interest of fairness as well, we should aim not to have all of these tourneys in the same location.
*coughwabacough*

GA Peach

Smash Lord
that might work, but i personally think the RanBats would be better used after an initial PR is set up. i just think there needs to be a base first before anything else happens.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
since GA sucks at a melee PR, here's a list i've compiled that has no particular order, it's just a grouping based on general tournament placings and performance over the past coupla months. highly opinionated while being fair. i probably forgot people in this list already.

please discuss and let's just get this stupid thing done already. after mid tier i kind of stopped thinking about this with any amount of seriousness

Legend Tier
bobby
blake
marty
zach
gawes' beard

Lance Armstrong Tier
GAWes

Litchi's walking animation Tier - inc perm oos
Lambchops
chaddd
xif

That's some good dank tier
fullmetal
s0ft
merc
cornel
sleepyk
dogysamich

Americans at starcraft tier
pb&J
tbag
shag
dashdancedan
Marty
Mike G
omega
Rayku
Desu
Tong
Elliot

Barline Tier
tubes
P3
albino
RJ
Ken
jamaal
bbq
zom~b

Haven't seen an azz like this since... Tier - aka Where U at tier
datman
Alpha
DP
Prac
Carter
Eugene

i'm done, let's do this for real for once.

here's my tier list

would move

eugene up

bbq up perhaps

zom-b is now where u at tier

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Lounis, you were miles ahead everyone else, so to save space (and not to embarrass everyone else), we decided not to include you on the list.

SleepyK

i don't go to smash bros places on fridays typically.

lounis would be americans at starcraft tier along with kosine

p3 is still barline tier because despite passing it, he's still not doing very well because he has a lot to learn

tubes

Smash Ace
So do I actually have to pass "the barline" or can I progress from upper-barline tier if I start placing better?

Player-3

Smash Hero
|:<

sleepy lets mm

falcon though i havent figured out what to do agaisnt falcos gun and blue hexagon thingy
\:

SleepyK

tbh falco v falcon for me seems to be

falcon lands a hit and doesn't miss techchase
or
falcon scares you into doing something he wants like jump out of shield/laser too close/spotdodge/roll/dair while he's WDing back to mess up your spacing so he lands a free grab

ahh, nes n00b talking about hte comfort zone. yes, this is a very good way to beat falcos that aren't top level.
it will work on me so please do abuse it.

no sarcasm intended. you can watch me v cornel from munkaid. when he gets in his comfort zone near me, i get scared very easily and rightfully so since that's where he's comfortable and can react to my scared tactics.

sort of a conundrum, really.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I think I can be in American's at Starcraft tier once I can take games off PB&J and Lounis. But idk I think I'm above barline tier.

I've beaten everyone in a MM in the barline tier except for Ken because I've never played him before. I played Kosine in friendlies and beat him every match idk maybe sandbagging. I took a game off DashingDan in tourney set. Everyone else in American's at Starcraft tier I've never played before or I haven't played in a few months. Rayku beats me pretty readily and I do well sometimes although we play almost every day.

I don't know how good Omega is. Never heard of Shag.

Also, Archaic and I are like the same skill level

Rusty Grills tier
BBQ
Archaic

Rusty grills tier is in between barline and americans at starcraft tier

oh yah, Toasty should be at Americans at starcraft tier

Eugenio

Smash Lord
I don't know what the heck that nonsense is in the previous page, but this it what the PR is looking like IMO

NO PARTICULAR ORDER

da best
Chaddd
Xif
SleepyK
Cornel
Fullmetal
Dogysamich
Eugenio
Soft
Merc
Rayku

no order, don't b*tch ;)

Honorable mention(Legendary, Beast & Rising Stars)
Mike G
GAwes
Bobby

Marty
Tong
Carter
Datman
Prac
Alpha
Dash Dance Dan
T-bag
PB&J

Toasty
BBQ
Lunis
Achaic
Kosine
RJ
Tubes
Umby

blah blah blah.... I'm sure I forgot some fellas

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I may not panelist material for whatever reason but I think that's pretty good.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Lounis would be in Beast tier.

He just needs to go to more melee tournies.

Play him at impact clash

SleepyK

there is no reason to include datman.
he doesn't play smash anymore.

SleepyK

last i talked to him and gawes, he was trying to play tvc and he made generic smash isn't a 2d fighter comments.

not to mention we'd want tournament active participants on the PR.
You don't see me putting bobby on a top 10 other than legends because he simply doesn't enter tournaments anymore. last he played at smash aid x he proved that despite not actively participating he was still a cut above the rest.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
I didn't know he was pulling a Marty:p. I'm just bias anyway. I'm also not suggesting you put that many people in honorable mention either, PR shouldn't be a list everyone in the state who plays that's just silly.

I just hope you guys don't that tier 1 & 2 nonsense. That was just ridiculous.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I don't know what the heck that nonsense is in the previous page, but this it what the PR is looking like IMO

NO PARTICULAR ORDER

da best
Chaddd
Xif
SleepyK
Cornel
Fullmetal
Dogysamich
Eugenio
Soft
Merc
Rayku

stop right there. That's all we need.

Just work with a top 10. The people already know who the legends are and to those that are not on the top 10. Either man up and go place in tourneys or shut up because imo this should be the only way that you are going to see your name on a PR thread.

/tired of GA not having a PR yet.

SleepyK

well ****, fine.

let's do this ****.

let us

1) decide on a panel
2) actually do ****.

last time we narrowed down our favorite people for panelists then we just stopped.

I have a system in mind:
first GA generally decides how many panelists we want

Eugenio

Smash Lord
stop right there. That's all we need.

Just work with a top 10. The people already know who the legends are and to those that are not on the top 10. Either man up and go place in tourneys or shut up because imo this should be the only way that you are going to see your name on a PR thread.

/tired of GA not having a PR yet.

It's actually really difficult to put a PR together. You have to sit at a computer and type words. Grown men have to stop complaining and come to an agreement based on facts, it's tough.

well ****, fine.

let's do this ****.

let us

1) decide on a panel
2) actually do ****.

last time we narrowed down our favorite people for panelists then we just stopped.

I have a system in mind:
first GA generally decides how many panelists we want

I vote 3 panelists

MIKE G

SLEEPY K

FULLMETAL

SleepyK

this is kind of a mixed bag, but i would prefer we decided on a number we deem would bring a fair number of votes. I understand it would be natural to decide the number based on the people, but i kind of want to be objective first, since i know we could easily form a fair panel with any number fomr 3-7 people.

tl;dr, let us decide how many panelists we want first.

imo 3-5 is the maximum, and I would prefer 5 for input.

please provide info as to why you want said number.

3 is good, but mike g is in the same region as i am.
issues.

5 imo is optimal for GA since we're so spread out. we can receive input from a number of sources from varying regions and include extraneous intelligence members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom