• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G6 monthlies! Round 1:e (NC/VA/AL/GA/NY/SC) BRING SETUPS!!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
has anyone talked to john and austin about this?

Mahone

Smash Champion
15 = 7.5 per teammate guys just incase you guys didn't catch that
Entries

Melee Singles: $10
Melee Doubles $15 per person
Door Fee: 5$

Wat?

Also, its not a 7.5 increase. I was planning on paying 5 (venue fee) + 5 (singles) + 5 (doubles) =15 dollars

Now its 5+10+15=30, so it actually doubled :(

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ya, i mean if it was a local it would be one thing. Cuz then i could just not enter teams, but i don't wanna drive 3.5 hours to watch people play.

It's fine, it sounds like the 10/15 thing will bring more OOS so i don't blame you, but i don't think VT is coming anymore.
What would you be able to afford then?

And this isn't a local if we have a fair amount of OOS coming. It's kinda like a mini-regional but as an NC monthly so whatever that would be technically speaking lol.

They need to come!

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Mahone you got it wrong it IS a 7.5 increase

5 (Sinlges)+ 5 (Doubles)+ 5 Venue = 15

10 Sinlges + 7.5 PER TEAMMATE!........+5 venue = 22.5

You always divde the doubles fee in half, and when it was 5 before it was meant each teammate.

How many tourneys have you entered lmao

DYLAN FIX YOUR TYPO

I assure you it's 15 per TEAM not person

Mahone

Smash Champion
What would you be able to afford then?

And this isn't a local if we have a fair amount of OOS coming. It's kinda like a mini-regional but as an NC monthly so whatever that would be technically speaking lol.

They need to come!
I think you misread my post, i didn't say this was a local.

I think it was fine as 5 for everything. When i asked people if they wanted to ride with me, a few of them asked how much it was and i told them 5 for everything, because that was what it was at the time. I think its kinda weird that you would change the price of the tournament a week before it starts.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Mahone you got it wrong it IS a 7.5 increase

5 (Sinlges)+ 5 (Doubles)+ 5 Venue = 15

10 Sinlges + 7.5 PER TEAMMATE!........+5 venue = 22.5

You always divde the doubles fee in half, and when it was 5 before it was meant each teammate.

How many tourneys have you entered lmao

DYLAN FIX YOUR TYPO

I assure you it's 15 per TEAM not person
What?

I mean you can make fun of how many tourneys i have entered.........

But i went to elementary school so i know what PER PERSON means,

also, you said yourself, when it said 5 before it meant for each person, but now you are saying that its 15 for both...

So you are telling me that it is really obvious that it's

a) 7.5 per person (a weird amount to deal with)
b) He strait up typoed when he said per person
c) He changed the format so at first the number was per person but now he is putting it as a team price

... ya, i don't know how i got confused

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think you misread my post, i didn't say this was a local.

I think it was fine as 5 for everything. When i asked people if they wanted to ride with me, a few of them asked how much it was and i told them 5 for everything, because that was what it was at the time. I think its kinda weird that you would change the price of the tournament a week before it starts.
We're adjusting everything of this hastily because of the great response to this first installment of the monthly, that's all. Do you still think you could make it with the change or would the increase make it not worth that?

Mahone

Smash Champion
Read a few pages back bud lol, clearly stating rasing the price from 5 to 7.5 per person for teams which would equal 15 per team.

And the tourney thing was a joke, I honestly don't know how many you've been to
I read the last few pages, and you are right, the way he says 15 for teams sounds like its for both people. But he never explicitly said 15 per team, he did however say explicitly say 15 per person, so i believed that, but if you say ur sure then i believe you. And i don't really care about the tourney thing, iv'e only been to a handful, but i'm pretty sure even if ****ing m2k was interested in this tournament, he would also assume its 15 per person since thats what it says in the tourney info... i doubt he would look through all the pages to see how the TO worded it.

We're adjusting everything of this hastily because of the great response to this first installment of the monthly, that's all. Do you still think you could make it with the change or would the increase make it not worth that?
i mean, i don't think having a 5/5/5 entry would stop anyone from going, so i'm not sure why you are raising it. It would be one thing if like armada is coming, but you're the best player that's going to be there, and no one else coming really has a shot at winning, so i don't see what purpose the price increase has....

Also, do you know if you can house yet?

Oh, i didn't answer your question... ya i mean honestly the increase isn't that big a deal financially, i'm sure everyone that i'm giving a ride won't care, but it just feels like everyone is paying more for no reason

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well the increase is mostly because more OOS is coming/the turnout will be high.

Higher prices=more motivation for competition

plus it pays out farther with more attendance so OOS makes more money back too <.<

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Says the guy who is going to be getting first. It kinda sucks for others who know they don't have as much of a chance to win anyway.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Well the increase is mostly because more OOS is coming/the turnout will be high.

Higher prices=more motivation for competition

plus it pays out farther with more attendance so OOS makes more money back too <.<
Says the guy who is going to be getting first. It kinda sucks for others who know they don't have as much of a chance to win anyway.
Ya, pretty much what he said.

I really feel like people who need money to motivate them to play smash are missing the point. Even if you are the best in the world at smash, you can't come close to making a living playing this game.

I don't know about other OOS people, but me and my friends are coming to get better and have a great time.....

I know I'm not going to win and I probably won't get in the money, but i'm still gonna try my hardest in every tournament set.

From what iv'e read on smashboards, druggedfox and jessiahteg don't sound like they care about the money either, but mabye I'm wrong, i just feel like most people are coming from OOS just to play new people and don't need any additional motivation to get better.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Nah I'm just saying I can be as motivated as possible and I don't think it would let me beat PP in bracket.

But I'm playing brawl for this anyway so good thing I don't have to worry about that. Honestly the price increase isn't a big deal I'm sure a lot of people could ask their parents for a little extra money for food or something and have that cover the cost anyway.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Yo i cant ride with Josh. I have got to be back saturday night after the event ends. Got work sunday morning =(

Lucas im not sure if you would just wanna ride with Josh cause i may end up having TC and Darius with me.

This is looking pretty hype.
Actually leaving Saturday night works perfectly for me if that's okay with you, and I really don't wanna leave josh hanging but I'm really pulling some strings to even go to this, so being back saturday nightish would work for me. that is, if it's still okay for me to ride with you...

john says they're going.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
yep probably absolutely deconfirmed for this; I don't have any money until Duke cuts me my refund. And I can't find people to help pay for the cost of gas :(

and now the price of the tourney has increased

As Fergie would say I'm gonna take my broke *** home.

:(

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
yep probably absolutely deconfirmed for this; I don't have any money until Duke cuts me my refund. And I can't find people to help pay for the cost of gas :(

Did you ask my bro if he could help you out yet? He's looking for a ride here.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Did you ask my bro if he could help you out yet? He's looking for a ride here.
if ur talking about shady....yes; and he said probably

but that's still 30ish (I estimate around 36ish depending on how much interstate I take) dollars split between 2

I asked Keith and as unexpected as this might sound, he didn't respond (oh my, how unexpected) :)

and no one else seems to need a ride

ugh

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman

:c Sucks man.

Is there anyone in the Greensboro/surrounding area trying to get some practice in before the tourney? I'd like to get some experience other than my friends/wifi before the tourney.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Twitch I accept :D

And we can talk about/play fox more than that MM of course...

And who the hell's sayin PP's gonna win this. That's bull****.

Kevin Nanney sucks at this game; he's gonna get like 5th, tops. Quote me...

:awesome:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ya, pretty much what he said.

I really feel like people who need money to motivate them to play smash are missing the point. Even if you are the best in the world at smash, you can't come close to making a living playing this game.

I don't know about other OOS people, but me and my friends are coming to get better and have a great time.....

I know I'm not going to win and I probably won't get in the money, but i'm still gonna try my hardest in every tournament set.

From what iv'e read on smashboards, druggedfox and jessiahteg don't sound like they care about the money either, but mabye I'm wrong, i just feel like most people are coming from OOS just to play new people and don't need any additional motivation to get better.
It's sort of a thing that comes along with more people attending events, it helps makes the payouts to lower spots fairer as well.

Shame the mentality of things has changed, but yeah do what you want Snap. If it's this big of a deal to people then accommodate for them I guess.

I'd suggest setting payouts prior to the thread's release and keeping that set so this argument doesn't happen again.

Edit: Hi Cyrain! =)

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Yo twitch we've never played. If I make it to this we definitely need some friendlies or MM. Also, everyone should message Tope/Savedge on facebook and tell them to QUIT PLAYING LoL and PLAY MELEE!

Spam them for me =D

Also
Hi Dr.Peepee ^_^

BEHR

Smash Hero
yooooo im bringing my dss i wanna play pokemon and ****tt
n__________________________________________n

yo **** em ima **** them uppp

Top Bottom